My Brothers Bestfriend.

By bubblegum8

Everything changes when both Kasey and Caleb admit their feelings for one another. All that comes their way c... More

My Brothers Bestfriend
My Brothers Bestfriend 2
My Brothers Bestfriend 3
My Brothers Bestfriend 5
My Brothers Bestfriend 6
My Brothers Bestfriend 7
My Brothers Bestfriend 8
My Brothers Bestfriend 9
My Brothers Bestfriend 10
My Brothers Bestfriend 11
My Brothers Bestfriend 12
My Brothers Bestfriend 13
My Brothers Bestfriend 14
My Brothers Bestfriend 15
My Brothers Bestfriend 16
My Brothers Bestfriend 17
My Brothers Bestfriend 18
My Brothers Bestfriend 19
My Brothers Bestfriend 20
My Brothers Bestfriend 21
My Brothers Bestfriend 22
My Brothers Bestfriend 23
My Brothers Bestfriend 24
My Brothers Bestfriend 25
My Brothers Bestfriend 26
My Brothers Bestfriend 27
My Brothers Bestfriend 28
My Brothers Bestfriend 29
My Brothers Bestfriend 30
My Brothers Bestfriend 31
My Brothers Bestfriend 32
My Brothers Bestfriend 33
My Brothers Bestfriend 34
My Brothers Bestfriend 35
My Brothers Bestfriend 36
My Brothers Bestfriend 37
My Brothers Bestfriend 38
My Brothers Bestfriend 39
My Brothers Bestfriend 40
My Brothers Bestfriend 41
My Brothers Bestfriend 42
My Brothers Bestfriend 43
My Brothers Bestfriend 44
My Brothers Bestfriend 45
My Brothers Bestfriend 46
My Brothers Bestfriend 47
My Brothers Bestfriend 48
My Brothers Bestfriend 49
My Brothers Bestfriend 50
My Brothers Bestfriend 51
My Brothers Bestfriend 52
My Brothers Bestfriend 53
My Brothers Bestfriend 54
My Brothers Bestfriend 55
My Brothers Bestfriend 56
My Brothers Bestfriend 57
My Brothers Bestfriend 58
My Brothers Bestfriend 59
My Brothers Bestfriend 60
My Brothers Bestfriend 61
My Brothers Bestfriend 62
My Brothers Bestfriend 63
My Brothers Bestfriend 64
My Brothers Bestfriend 65
My Brothers Bestfriend 66
My Brothers Bestfriend 67
My Brothers Bestfriend 68
My Brothers Bestfriend 69
My Brothers Bestfriend 70
My Brothers Bestfriend Epilogue 1/2
My Brothers Bestfriend Epilogue 2/2 (The end.)

My Brothers Bestfriend 4

66.8K 667 47
By bubblegum8

The next morning I wake up to the feeling of Caleb's strong arms wrapped around me securely, and I'm caught between the urge to cry and the urge to smile.

My face remains blank as I turn over and bury my head into Caleb's naked chest. Who knows if I'll ever get the chance to do it again, I might as well enjoy his warmth and scent and comfort now.

Caleb begins to stir, and not too long afterwards he yawns. I feel him move his body as he stretches and I open my eyes, watching his muscles flex and tighten as he does.

"Good morning," He finally says, his voice thick with sleep.

"Hello," I whisper quietly, my voice a little too shaky despite my efforts to sound normal.

He's finished stretching now and I can feel his gaze as he stares at the side of my head.

So maybe just a short twenty four hours ago I thought that I'd be able I get over him if I tried really hard. But after last night, my feelings for Caleb are pulling on the muscles in my stomach and they're yanking on the strings of my heart and I can be certain my feelings are stronger now.

Does he even know what he's doing to me?

I feel tears form in my eyes for so many different reasons. I try to blink them away but they fall freely now, and so instead I rub at my eyes roughly, feeling so weak for crying in front of this boy in my bed.

"Hey, hey," Caleb says softly, pulling me into his warm chest. He hugs me tightly. "It's okay, sh, it's okay,"

We lie in my bed for ages, neither of us saying anything. And as much as the silence usually calms me, now it just leaves plenty of room for me to relive every moment from last night and to consider every little thing that's happened since. I'm left to think about the things that I'd rather not concentrate on.

And then Caleb suddenly breaks the silence, and at first I'm thankful, until he actually asks the question. "What happened?"

My heart rate increases as the details and events of last night replay through my head so vividly. I really liked Matthew, and I honestly thought he was a decent guy... A good guy.

"Um," I stumble over my words while trying to organize my thoughts. "Well, I guess all of it started because I caught him kissing Brooke in the laundry,"

"Right," He says, his voice hesitant. "And then?"

"And then I came up here, and he followed me to tell me it wasn't his fault," I begin to cry heavily, a sob wracking through my body. "He tried to blame it on the alcohol, and I told him to just leave. God, Caleb, I told him to get out so many times,"

Caleb pulls me closer into his chest, whispering words of comfort. And then he gently cups my chin with his hand and turns my head so that I'm looking into his eyes. I see the worry in them. "If he ever comes near you again, tell me. Don't wait, and don't even think about not telling me," He pauses for a moment, his eyes searching mine. "And if you can't find me, text me or call me because I'll never be too far away,"

"I'm really grateful for everything you did, Caleb, but I can't ask you to do anything more. You've helped me enough," I begin slowly. I appreciate everything Caleb did for me last night, more than he could possibly understand. But it isn't his responsibility to look out for me, it's not even Jacob's.

"Don't pull that shit," Caleb says, his voice angry. "I just told you if anything happens, call me! Okay?"

"Why?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"Because I'll kill him," The tone in Caleb's voice and the look in his eyes assures me that he's dead serious.

Before I can reply, Jacob's voice travels up the stairs, calling Caleb's name. Just by the sound of his voice I can already tell he drank way too much last night.

Caleb gently pulls away from me and sits up, sighing and running his hand through his hair. He's silent for only a mom ever before he pulls on his pants and shirt, making me blush as I realize he was nearly naked beside me last night.

He moves around to my side of the bed and hesitantly leans down. And then he brushes his lips against mine, too soft for it to really be considered a kiss. And then he pecks my cheek, his lips lingering a little too long. I don't mind, though.

"I'll see you soon, babe,"

I don't say anything and watch as he leaves my room. I sigh then, shaking my head and stretching. I guess I better get up and shower.

&~

I dress in trackies and a long sleeved shirt. I plat my hair quickly before heading downstairs, my stomach rumbling. When I'm halfway downstairs the aroma of eggs, bacon, sausages and toast hit me and I grin.

Jake is amazing when it comes to cooking, and his meals are some of the best I've ever had. Being rich would usually mean fancy dinners and top notch chefs, but Jake's food is all I need.

"Morning," I say when I enter the kitchen, my voice a little bit too high-pitched. I take the seat across from Caleb who for some reason refuses to look at me. I narrow my eyes at him before turning to look at Jacob, who turns the stove off and begins to dish out the food. "You made my favorite,"

My brother nods his head slightly, a small acknowledgment. I glance at Caleb, raising my eyebrows. What the hell is wrong with Jacob? Caleb finally looks up at me, his eyes wide and a small frown on his face. He's nervous.

"Caleb," I say quietly, standing from my seat. "We need to talk,"

"Sit!" My brothers' sharp tone startles me and I quickly fall back into my chair. Caleb remains seated too, and I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. Something isn't right. Jacob suddenly glares at me. "You and I need to talk, actually,"

"Well can it wait?" I squeak, my voice hopeful. "I'm supposed to meet Stefanie at the mall," The lie slips easily from my mouth.

"You think I care about the fucking mall?" Jacob asks loudly as he leans backwards against the kitchen bench, his eyes wild and his face bright red. "I don't! I care about you! What the fuck happened last night?"

I look down at my hands, my face going red a little bit. To be completely honest, I'm really embarrassed about what happened, and what more could have happened had it not been for Caleb.

"Now, Kasey!" Jacob snaps loudly, taking a few steps closer to me. He pushes a glass cup off of the kitchen table and it shatters, making me flinch.

"Jake-" Caleb begins.

"I've already heard enough from you!" Jacob snaps at his friend, his eyes glaring. "I want to hear it from her," He looks back at me. "Go,"

"Well too fucking bad, mate," Caleb stands up from the kitchen table and hurries over to Jacob, his face hard. He pushes Jacob in the chest, trying to make him see reason. "You hear the story from me or you don't hear it at all,"

Jake's gaze moves from me to Caleb and back and forth for a moment before he sighs, grabbing the bridge of his nose. "Fine, but Kasey stays here,"

The boys leave me with good in the kitchen while they stand just on the other side of the wall. I push my eggs around as I hear their strained whispers, loud enough to make out their voice but too quiet to hear what's being said.

"I'll fucking kill him!" Jacob's voice booms so suddenly that I jump out of my seat, my hand clutching at my heart. Something hits the other side of the wall and I'm guessing it was Jacob's fist. There's silence for a moment before I hear the front door slam closed.

"No, wait!" My eyes widen when I realize Jacob is probably going to go to Matt's house. I rush into the hallway, my breathing harsh. But it's too late because Jacob has already left.

"Don't worry about it too much," Caleb says to me as he leans against the hallway, beside the hole in the wall that is indeed shaped like a fist. His eyes scan my face. "He doesn't know where Matt lives,"

I sigh in relief, dropping my head into my hands. I don't want Jacob - or Caleb - getting into trouble with the police over somebody as worthless as Matthew.

"Come on," Caleb says as he kicks off the wall. I unsuccessfully try to hide my blush when he grabs my hand in his. "Let's go and relax, watch a movie or something,"

I sit on the couch while Caleb chooses a movie from the stands beside the television. I grin slightly when he slips 'Fired Up' into the DVD player. And then when he sits beside me on the long couch, I find myself leaning on his shoulder. He doesn't seem to mine, and instead he puts his left arm around me, pulling me into his side.

We continually laugh throughout the movie, and when I'm not concentrating on the television, I catch myself staring at Caleb. And even though I know I'm doing it, I don't bother to scold myself. He really is something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 203 33
When you start to catch feelings for your best friend's brother, do you risk everything and tell him? Or do you stay on the sideline and let someone...
328 0 30
She's bipolar and lives in an apartment with her best friend, She's 18,But last summer she made the grave mistake of sleeping with her best friends b...
71 14 15
Caleb and Sam have been best friends for as long as they can remember and know each other better than anyone. But when tragedy strikes, Caleb struggl...