โœ“ | soulmates are stupid โ˜† ph...

By enemyfires

๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ข๐. | โ i'm sick of losing soulmates, so where do we begin? โž โ†’ in a wo... More

0.0
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
*NOT AN UPDATE*
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
*NOT AN UPDATE*
2.0
2.1
2.2 [EPILOGUE 1]
2.3 [EPILOGUE 2]

1.9

473 25 5
By enemyfires

Soulmates are Stupid: chapter 19

Dan felt like a mother and a wife when he was waiting for Felix to finish cleaning. Dan felt like procrastinating his homework so what better thing than watching his roommate clean?

"Dan are you gonna keep watching me, or are you actually going to do something?" Felix asked.

"Oh sorry," Dan replied.

He decided on sitting on his bed. Laying on his stomach, Dan pulled his phone off the charger and unlocked it before Felix took it from his hands.

"Um what are you doing?" Dan asked.

"You gotta start your homework or something like that."

Dan scoffed. "Have you even met me?"

"Sadly, yes. Go out with Phil or something."

"Sure, I guess."

Hey, Phil, do you have anything to do today?

Actually I'm retaking an exam.

Oh, sorry I bothered you.

No it's alright. I'll always have time for you.

Aw.

"Actually, Felix, he has something to do today."

"Ask Chris, PJ or one of your other friends."

"I would call them. But my data is kinda out, and my phone is sort of dead. So I guess I'll see them around campus."

"Hurry."

Dan smiled. He was grabbed his keys, jacket and phone and made his way to find his best friends.

~

Dan actually found them in the same coffee shop that Dan and Phil went to for their first date. They were with new people: Joey, who was in his yoga class, and his boyfriend (Mister) Daniel.

"Heya!" Joey exclaimed when Dan said hello.

"Hi," Daniel said with a smile.

They were quite cute together. Joeys features, caramel hair, pale skin and soft green eyes, matched with Daniel's European features with dark hair and eyes with tanned flesh that made Dan imagine him tanning.

Stop it, Dan, Dan scolded himself.

Stop what?

Sorry, Dan replied to Phil, just a note to myself. How's your makeup test?

I don't actually know; haven't taken it yet.

Oh sorry for interrupting.

You're fine.

Dan sighed.

"You alright, Dan?" Joey asked.

Dan nodded in response. "Just...a long day."

"Yeah. It has been a long day," Daniel responded.

"Do you want to join us?" Joey offered.

Dan looked at Daniel to see his reaction--if it was sour or just as happy as his boyfriend's. Daniel's face was just as offering as Joey's.

"Sure, I guess," Dan replied with a shrug.

He sat in the chair opposite the couple.

Joey took a sip of tea and put the paper cup down. "So, Dan, what are you even doing right now?"

"I'm actually looking for Chris and PJ," Dan responded.

"Their dorm is near ours!" Daniel exclaimed.

"Really. You live near them?"

Joey shook his head, his wild brown/blond locks jiggled. "Used to, that is. We moved into an apartment."

"Oh, that's a big step," Dan commented.

"Yeah," Daniel said, a smile appearing on his expressionless (surprisingly) face. "We've been dating for...?"

"Three years now," Joey helped out.

"Aw, that's cute," Dan whispered. "Well, I'm gonna get going, nice talking to you!"

"Bye, Dan!" both Joey and Daniel exclaimed.

Dan was half-way out of the door when he heard them say 'bye Dan'. But he turned around, waved and smiled.

~

Dan finally found PJ, not Chris, in the library, playing some Mario Kart.

"Hi, PJ!" Dan exclaimed.

He was with another person, not Chris. Someone with black hair. It wasn't Phil, at least Dan didn't think it was him because Phil was taking a test. The extra person flinched.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted anything."

PJ shook his head. "No Phil and I were just finishing."

"Phil?" Dan asked.

"Yeah! We've been here for about maybe an hour?"

Phil nodded.

"How was your makeup test, Phil?" Dan asked. Maybe he finished his test early?

"Test? You had a test, Phil?!" PJ exclaimed.

Phil looked very awkward in that conversation.

"I'm gonna go," Dan rushed.

"Dan wait--"

But he left. He may have been overreacting but...Phil Lester lied. Lied to his soulmate. The soulmate who lay awake at night because he thought that his soulmate was dead. So yeah, he was overreacting. But why can't he? Phil's Dan's soulmate. And he lied to him.

"Coward," Dan whispered. A gust of wind burnt his cheeks.

~

Dan decided after finishing his assignments and staying awake until 3 AM that he was ignoring Phil. Phil actually got his phone number and sent him around 10 messages saying that he's sorry (wow that game is weak) a couple phone calls too. Phil even tried to telepathically communicate to apologize.

Dan knew that he was over reacting. He guessed that if he was a female, he'd be on his period (I can make period jokes; I'm on mine right now) or something like that.

But at 3 AM, Dan finally found sleep through Felix's soft snores.

Dream

Dan woke up with his phone vibrating and falling off the side table. He looked around at his surroundings. He wasn't in his dorm room. Was he drunk? Has he been kidnapped? Dan started to panic, but he remembered the phone call.

"Hello?" Dan answered.

"Hi, Dan," the person responded. "Um, it's Phil. I wanted to say that I'm breaking up with you."

Did Dan hear that correctly? Did Phillip Lester the guy who called Dan so many times to say 'I'm sorry, love' just say that he's breaking up with his soulmate?!

Dan laughed sarcastically. "You wanna know what I think is funny?" he hissed, leaving no time for his soulmate to respond. "I let myself believe that soulmates aren't stupid. Oh how naïve I was. For God's sake I got a book called Soulmates are Stupid. And by the way, Phil, you're a fucking bitch."

Dan assumed that Phil was blinking. But he heard Phil's laughter that made Dan fall in love with him all over.

"Happy April Fool's Day, Dan!" Phil said in between laughs.

Dan felt horrible. "Oh my God! I'm so, so sorry Phil! You're not a fucking bitch! I love you!"

Phil laughed again, and Dan melted. "I love you, too, Dan."

End Dream

Dan woke up, gasping for breath. He took a cheeky little glance (thank my sister Morgan for this) at the alarm clock. 4:03 AM.

There was a chance Phil was still awake.

"Hello? Phil?" Dan asked when he connected with Phil's cellular phone.

"Dan?" he asked in reply. Phil was definitely still hazy from sleeping.

"Can I come over?"

Phil chuckled. "You don't even have to ask anymore."

Dan smiled and hung up.

Man, he thought. Maybe soulmates aren't that bad.

A/N THE END! Okay, okay I'm just joking. There's gonna be a time skip with some smut.  Stay tuned for some of my other stories coming out soon and maybe I'll do a sequel (but in troyler) called Soulmates are Sorta Stupid! ONLY IF IT'S SUGGESTED. I've done the cover already.

And there's going to be two more chapters and two parts of an epilogue

Also this is late because I've been at a cave system since 9 am with no service. Rant will come later

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287 69 35
COMPLETE *** In this world, you're marked with black. That's if you have a soulmate, at least. Everyone is destined to cross paths with the one who i...
282K 19.6K 21
Dan Howell was the typical spoiled, rich boy with butlers driving him to operas and maids making him nachos for breakfast. Phil Lester, however, was...
1.4K 38 29
Daniel Howell is not a normal teenager. He wears pastel and flower crowns. He is openly gay and has a very loving family. But he is bullied everyday...
38.4K 2.1K 27
"Phil Lester is the literal sunshine of my life. If I didn't have him in my life, I may have been dead by now. Every day still sucks, but whenever I'...