Amortentia (Dramione)

By breee-p123

Hermione Granger is in her sixth year at Hogwarts and things are changing. Voldemort is becoming more powerfu... More

A Huge Favor
Spearmint Toothpaste
Confusion
Quidditch, Snogging, and Bloody Prats
I Want You, Granger
Amortentia
The Last Minute
Hogwarts: A History
Liquid Luck
Cedric's Ball
Strike Of Midnight
As Far Away As Possible
Dumbledore's Death
The Journey Ahead
The Battle of the Seven Potters
Yule Ball 2.0
Grimmauld Place
Infiltrating the Ministry
I Was There, Hermione
Godric's Hollow
Malfoy Manor
I Love You, Hermione
Back To Hogwarts
The Room of Requirement
The Final Battle
The Unknown Sender
Finding Draco
The Castle at St. Angus
The Journey Home
Catching Up
The Trial
Home
Epilogue

In A Daze

9.5K 124 78
By breee-p123

It was a snowy day at Hogwarts; the grounds were completely covered in white. The creatures that normally roamed over the school were no where in sight due to the cold weather. The lake was just starting to freeze over, and the owls were hooting in delight. Seeing Hogwarts like this made me happy and relaxed. It reminded me of Christmas at home and how close it was. Yet, at this moment I was not happy and relaxed.
Professor McGonagall had just announced we would be having yet another ball in about a months time, and I was freaking out.
Krum isn't here this time, who will ask me? Will anyone even want to take me?
Why do we need to have a ball anyways?
Maybe I just shouldn't go.
Cedric Diggory's father wanted to host this ball in Cedric's honor, which I do love, but it just stresses me out. I'm not too sure if boys are even into me. I'm not too sure if I'm even girlfriend material.

"Hermione?" Harry asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?!" I exclaimed, almost jumping out of my seat.
We were sitting in the Great Hall, using our free time to study.

"What's gotten into you? You've been in a daze all day."

I shrugged my shoulders lightly and looked down at my textbook, "I-I don't know. I guess I'm just tired. I've done loads of studying all week."

"Of course you have." He teased, then went back to studying his potions book.

Him and that damn book, I swear.
"Harry, I still think you ought to get rid of that book." I told him sternly, "It could be filled with dark magic!"

"But it isn't." He stated, "It's done nothing but help me all year."

I let out an annoyed sigh before returning my attention back to my studies.
Harry can be so hard headed.

After our study time was over, Harry and I got ready for our apparation class. I had already practically mastered apparation, but the rest of the class hadn't.
"Today we are pairing up. If I can't teach you anything, maybe your fellow students can." Our professor stated. He was from the Ministry of Magic.  "I'll be assigning the partners."

Ron and Harry looked nervously towards me as if they had hoped to be paired with me.
"Potter and Albert. Parkinson and Clearwater...."
He called out names one by one until he reached the last two names on the list.
"Granger and Malfoy."

Lovely. Just wonderful.
The entire room snickered at the thought of us being paired together.
I don't blame them! I could hardly believe it myself!

"Alright, go!" Our professor shouted.

Tentatively, I made my way towards Malfoy. He was leaning against the stone wall looking quite annoyed.
"Well..." I started, "We're stuck together I guess."

"Sadly." He snapped back, rolling his eyes, "Absolutely ridiculous."

Our assignment was pretty simple. We needed to apparate into a specific area within the castle and our partner would evaluate us. Malfoy and I were assigned to the hall where we were supposed to apparate into the room across from us.
I was handling the situation very well, but Malfoy on the other hand was very defiant in being my partner.
"I would rather fail this class than work with you." He kept saying.

"I'm not too fond of you either, Malfoy, but if you want to pass your aparation test, I suggest you get over yourself and cooperate."

Draco groaned, "So be it. You go first."

Fine. I'll show you how it's done.
Swiftly, I moved into the hallway and began focusing on my task.
Visualize the place.
Then with a CRACK I disapperated and apparated into the room with Malfoy.
I opened my eyes and looked towards him, shrugging my shoulders, "Your turn."

Draco bit at his cheeks and furrowed his eyebrows together as he stepped into the hall. He waited about five minutes to actually attempt to apparate.
Once he did, he found himself in a completely different spot he was supposed to be in.
"Bloody hell!" He cursed from the hall.

"Need help?" I asked, trying to hold back my laughter.

"I don't need your help!"

Sure.
Draco then tried again, but failed miserably. He ended up leaving his ear behind and we had to get our professor to reattach it.
"Draco, can I please just help you?" I asked again. It was honestly driving me crazy.

"You called me Draco." He stated confused, then he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"That's your name isn't it?" I replied.

He nodded slowly, "Yeah...Just what am I doing wrong?"

I came closer to Malfoy and explained the situation.
"You need to clear your mind. It doesn't work if you aren't calm. And I surely can tell you're not calm."

"I am calm!"

I cocked an eyebrow at his response, "Right. Anyways, next you have to visualize the place you're trying to travel to. Vividly see yourself in that room. When I feel ready, I usually take deep breaths before I actually travel."

Draco sighed and waved his arm towards the doorway, "Fine. Go back in the room."

I did as I was told and went back into the room, waiting. I think he was concentrating really hard because he took quite some time before he apparated into the room. When he did, he ended up being extremely close to me! So close that he actually tripped, causing us both to fall. When we fell, I grabbed onto him to brace my fall and thankfully, we flipped over and I landed on top of him instead of the floor!
"Ouch!"

"You think you're hurting?" He snapped at me in disgust.
Draco looked up at me with this strange look on his face. I was so concentrated on trying to read his emotion that I forgot I was even laying on him!
"Are you going to get up? Come on, Granger I'm not into you like that."

Quickly, I composed myself and rolled off of him, standing up. I could feel my cheeks getting hot with embarrassment.
"I-I sorry." I stammered, "I didn't mean-"

"You don't have to explain yourself." He smirked, "A lot of girls get that way around me."

"What is that supposed to mean?!" I asked in disgust.

"It's not your fault you enjoyed being all over me." He chuckled, "I'm sorry to tell you though, Granger, you really aren't my type."

"As if you're mine!" I exclaimed.
I could feel my face turning an even deeper shade of pink as I thought of the idea of Malfoy and I.

"Oh right, I forgot! You're into dirt poor, red-headed, blood traitors." He snapped, then he turned on his heels and went right back into the Great Hall where the rest of the class was.

That-that jerk! Who does he think he is?! As if I would ever be into him!
I couldn't stand Malfoy! He had always been such a twit, but I guess I had forgotten how annoying he was!

When I made my way back into the Great Hall, Harry and Ron were waiting for me.
"Mione, you two actually made it through a lesson without killing each other." Ron joked.

"Barely." I told them, "I never want to partner with him again!"
_________________________

Later that evening as I was studying in the common room, I felt someone come plop beside me on the couch.
"Hermione." Ginny smiled, "Did you hear?"

"Hear what?" I asked, not looking up from my book.
What now, Ginny? I'm clearly busy.

"About the ball of course!" She exclaimed, "Do you think Harry might ask me?"

Ugh. The ball. Here we go...
"Oh. Yes I know about the ball." I replied looking up at her, "I'm sure Harry would love asking you. Seeing as you two are so in love."

"We are not." She laughed, rolling her eyes.

Mhm. Sure.
"I don't think I'm going."

"What?!" She exclaimed, "No! Hermione, you have to go. It'll be so fun. Remember the Yule Ball?"

"Of course I do. My night ended terribly because of your idiot brother."
I had been wanting Ron to ask me to the ball, but of course he didn't. He never does anything. I gave him plenty of opportunities to ask me...Yet he still had the nerve to get angry and jealous when I was asked by someone else. He's so confusing. Boys in general are confusing.

"Oh. Right." Ginny said, "Well, I think you should go. Any guy would love to go with you!"

"With me?" I asked confused.

"Of course! They all saw you two years ago, you looked stunning! You still do!" She exclaimed, then took my hand, "Please go."

I sighed deeply before squeezing her hand tightly, "If someone asks me, then I'll go. But I'm not waiting on anyone this time."

"Great! I can't wait!" She smiled and with that she hurried off into her room.

Was I the only one not excited for this ball? For one it was an entire month away, and dressing up isn't everything. Sure, I loved looking great for the Yule Ball, but now I don't have a reason to go.
Do it for Cedric.
Oh! Why did I have to think of that.
I guess I should...for Cedric.

After my decision I collected my things and headed to my room. It was a bit late, around nine o'clock now, and I felt myself getting tired.  Before I settled into bed, however, a phoenix distracted me. It was Dumbledore's phoenix, Fawks.

"Fawks?" I muttered as I got up towards the window. When I opened it, he dropped a letter into my hand. "Thank you." I told him, petted him a bit, then he flew off.

What could this be?
On the front of the letter my name was written in beautiful cursive writing. I knew it was from Dumbledore.
Anxiously, I ripped open the letter and read it carefully.

Miss Granger,
I must ask a favor from you. If you could please join me in my office tomorrow morning before your first class, I would be very grateful.
Thank you, and good night.
-A.D.

Dumbledore wants me?
What could he possibly want?
Am I getting an award?
Will I be Head Girl next year?
So many thoughts ran through my head before bed that night.
I fell asleep thinking of the many possibilities to come the next morning.

________________________
(A/N:)
Howdy guys! I'm starting a new fanfic, let me know what you think!

-Bree
XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 6.4K 26
As Hermione came back to Hogwarts for her final year, she found herself spending a lot of time with Draco Malfoy due to the fact that both of her fri...
117K 2.4K 26
It's seventh year, and students are asked to return to Hogwarts after the war. Her current relationship with Ron is going down hill as he turns abusi...
2.8K 40 13
We now arrive to the sixth year of the events of the Half Blood Prince diving it in with the version of Harry and Hermione's universe where I will be...
620K 17.3K 38
The war is over. Everyone has to retake the previous year at Hogwarts. Hermione Granger is made Head Girl and Draco Malfoy is made Head Boy. Tensions...