Default Settings // Sequel to...

Von Small_Raging_Turtles

!*! Sequel to Factory Reset !*! !*! Please read that first !*! A default, in computer science, refers to the... Mehr

A/N
Chapter 1: In Another Life
Chapter 3: Trust Is A Fragile Thing
Chapter 4: Hidden Away
Chapter 5: Red
Chapter 6: The Living Experiment
Chapter 7: Ulterior Motives
Chapter 8: When Apologies Are Due
Chapter 9: Take A Break
Chapter 10: Where Am I?
Chapter 11: A Challenge For Authority
Chapter 12: Not Without A Fight
Chapter 13: It'll Hear You
Chapter 14: Scared
Chapter 15: The New Place
Chapter 16: Trapped
Chapter 17: Weak
Chapter 18: The Empty Room
Chapter 19: Strange Happenings
Chapter 20: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 21: The Surface
Chapter 22: New Recruit, Old Friend
Chapter 23: Do It For Me
Chapter 24: An Offer You Can't Refuse
Chapter 25: Trust In Me
Chapter 26: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 27: It Doesn't Feel The Same
Chapter 28: The Mission
Chapter 29: The Fool
Chapter 30: Is It Really You?
Chapter 31: Belonging
Chapter 32: Flip The Coin
Chapter 33: Swan Song

Chapter 2: A Friend's Help

527 22 5
Von Small_Raging_Turtles

Chapter 2: A Friend's Help

The small green gem sighed as she warped back to the temple. She had lost track of time and although she didn't know how long she had been out searching, she knew it wouldn't be long before she got back out there.

What was she even searching for? Monsters? Busy work? Her? Not even Peridot really knew.

It was dark out. The temple was empty as far as she could tell. Good. She wasn't in the mood for talking to the other Crystal Gems. They always asked too many questions that Peridot couldn't answer. And not to mention...

Peridot shook the thoughts out of her head. It was too late to think about these things. At least, that was the excuse she told herself as she raided their fridge.

Finding a particularly bright can of fizzy liquid, Peridot felt satisfied with her endeavors and started back towards the warp pad.

"Peridot? Is that you?"

Peridot stopped and sighed in defeat. "Yes, it's me."

Steven smiled a little. He had been asleep when he heard her come in.

"What're you up to?" Steven asked curiously. "We haven't seen you in, like, a week."

"Dealing with missions," Peridot answered, setting her unopened drink aside. "It would be inefficient for a gem of my capabilities to be spending any of my time doing something unproductive. You all should be thanking me for that. And if you wouldn't mind, I would like to continue with it."

"How about a change of plans? I'm actually really glad I caught you." Steven climbed down the stairs sleepily. "We need your help."

"We?"

"The gems and I."

Peridot looked at the warp longingly, "I'm sorry Steven, I would love to help but-"

"Peridot please," He looked at her pleadingly, a concerned look in his eyes, "You've been working non-stop. You have to take a break sometimes."

Peridot glared at him, knowing he was right even if she didn't like it. Maybe she had been working non-stop but at least it kept her from thinking about all the messes these last few months had brought.

"What do you need help with?"

"The gems and I have been talking. We need more information on hijacking if we're gonna have a place to start," Steven explained, "Like how it works and if we can reverse it."

Peridot stared at him for a second. Her mouth felt dry just thinking about it. Hijacking. She knew how bad it could be. She was the one who had infected Ruby with that virus in the first place. Other than the knowledge Peridot already had, she doubted any new information would even exist, especially on a place like Earth.

Then, Peridot saw Steven's expression. There was hope on his face that managed to make Peridot smile. She couldn't quite remember the last time she did that.

Peridot made up her mind. The gems needed her help and she was not about to let them down.

"In the morning," Peridot concluded. "We'll go over it all in the morning."

Steven smiled, "Thanks Peridot." He gave her a much needed hug which she numbly returned, appreciative of the gesture nonetheless.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

7.2K 202 14
I was okay. I, the almighty Peridot Green, was okay. Until a little prank changed me. (Lapidot, College AU) [cover art does not belong to me] -Highes...
7.3K 172 14
!TAKES PLACE AFTER "CHANGE YOUR MIND"! Go watch that beautiful episode now and then come back here. One day Steven and Connie created a shipping cont...
13.6K 349 11
A new type of gem has been created on homeworld. An aristocratic gem. Her first job to prove her status is to check up on the Crystal Gems and make s...
88.6K 1.9K 37
BOOK #3: Steven Universe: Future CRINGE VALUE: MEDIUM. ✨☀️✨ ❝ If The Universe... Steven Universe. Didn't need you.. you wouldn't be here. ❞ ✨☀️✨ "Why...