Pinky Promise

By kywildcat28

Andy (Andrea) had not talked to Trevor in years. So when he suddenly starts talking to her again, she can't h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 25

975 15 3
By kywildcat28

I knocked on the door with a shakey hand. I was so nervous, not just about seeing my grandparents, but now I have Trevor pretending to be my boyfriend. I felt his hand slip in to mine and give it a small squeeze.

"You need to chill." He whispered.

I felt myself calm down as soon as his warm hand touched mine. I know he shouldn't have this kind of effect on me, but it's like I had no control over my feelings around him.

The door swung open revealing my skinny, short, plastic surgery lover of a grandmother. Looking at her made me want to laugh so hard. She was in her 70's and looked like she was in her late 40's.

"Andrea! It's so good to see you." She smiled.

It made want to gag when she said my name. She won't call me Andy. She says it's too tomboyish and I need to become a lady.

"Hi grandma." I gave her a fake smile and walked into the house, pulling Trevor in with me.

She noticed our hands linked and smiled. "And who is this fine young man?"

I rolled my eyes. She said the same thing about Kenny when she first met him. "This is Trevor. This is my grandmother."

He smirked at me before holding his hand out to her. "Nice to meet you."

"It is. Please call me Ida."

I held back my laugh. I had always found her name funny.

"Where's gramps?" I asked.

She sent me a glare. "He is your grandfather Andrea, not gramps."

"Yeah whatever. Where is he?"

She sighed. "I will go get him."

I smirked as she walked away. She learned a long time ago that arguing with me was completely useless.

"That wasn't that bad." Trevor said.

I looked at him. "This isn't the bad part. Wait for dinner when the criticize everything I do and say."

"She seems to like me."

"I told you they would. She thinks we're dating though. If she knew we really weren't, she would be a little more bitter."

"So you're just using me to make your visit easier?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No! That's not what I meant, I jus-"

"Andy, I'm joking." He smiled.

I shook my head. "Don't do that. I'm already stressed enough."

"Sorry." He chuckled.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall and turned back to my grandpa. Unlike the witch, he looked his age and was slightly more enjoyable.

"Andrea." He smiled, pulling me into a hug.

Ok, he was enjoyable until he used my full name. "Hi grandpa."

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I answered. "How are you." He didn't look like felt good.

"Oh I'm just a little stuffy today."

"Yes he was napping when I found him." Grandma said.

I could hear her implying how rude it was of me to want to see him. I didn't know he was feeling bad!

"Now," she turned to Trevor. "What is your relationship status with my granddaughter. Are you friends, more than friends, what?"

"She's very blunt." I told him, running a hand through my hair.

She gave me a quick look that shut me up and went back to Trevor. "Well?"

I could tell he felt a little intimidated. "We're um, we're dating."

He fake face lit up with joy. "That's great! The faster finds a man and gets out of that house with that awful woman, the better."

I bit my tongue hard. One of these days I'm going to explode and tell her what I really think of her stuck up ass.

Trevor put an arm around me like he knew I was holding myself back.

"You know?" I said. "I should probably show Trevor to his room. I'll be back down for dinner."

I pulled him up the stairs quickly. I needed to get away from her as fast as I could. I dragged him into my room and slammed the door.

"We've been here for a total of 12 minutes and I already want to leave. I'm pretty sure that a new record. I can't stay here for a whole weekend!"

"Come here." Trevor said, pulling me into a hug. "Calm down, it's going to be fine."

I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. "Why does she have to be such a bitch?"

"Some people are just like that."

"Well I hate those people."

We stood there for a long time. I felt so comfortable with him. I almost could have stayed here forever, but I pushed the thought away. I wasn't supposed to be feeling this way with him.

I pulled away from him. "I should show you your room." I said quietly.

We walked down the end of the hall and opened the door. It used to be Jake's bedroom when he would come visit. Since he stopped coming, they have been using it as a guest room. I thought this would be the best place to put because it's the most boy looking room in the house.

"Thanks." He said, looking at me.

"Um dinner will be in an hour so you can do whatever you need to do to get ready. The bathroom is down the hall, right across from my room, if you need to shower."

"Ok." He nodded, still looking at me.

I felt very self conscious right now. "I'm going to go get ready. I'll tell you when dinner is ready."

I was out of the room before he could say anything. Something about the look he was giving me scared me to death.

When I got back to my room, I closed and locked the door. I don't want anyone coming in and bothering me. I turned the radio up all the way so I was in my own little world. Thank God for surround sound.

Getting ready didn't take all that long. I didn't need a shower so I just got dressed and straightened my hair. I turned the music off and opened the door at the same time that Trevor opened the bathroom door, shirtless of course.

"Oh hey." He smiled.

I tried to smile but it didn't happen. I was too busy drooling over his muscles.

"Uh...I'm gonna go put on a shirt now. Maybe you will be coherent then." He chuckled.

"I'm perfectly coherent now!" I yelled down the hallway. Geez! He has a sexy back. I wonder what it would feel like to touch it.

He popped his head out the door smiling. "Sure you are. You look cute by the way."

Cute? Something about that word coming from his mouth made me scowl. I wanted to look better than cute. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"Don't get offended. It's a good thing."

I rolled my eyes. "Put on a shirt."

He chuckled and disappeared into his room. He came back out quickly, buttoning up the front of his shirt. He was almost just a hot with it on as he was with it off.

"So what do we do now?" He asked, walking into my room.

"Well we aren't going back down there until we absolutely have to. I don't want to deal with them right now." I told him.

He sat down on the couch and looked around. "Why don't you just tell them how it is?"

"Because I don't want to start any trouble with them and my mom, which is who they would blame if I ever did that."

"You're too good to be put down like that."

"I'm trying to be the bigger person." I said, sitting down next to him.

"Well you're kind of letting them walk all over you."

"That's usually what the bigger person does."

He sighed. I guess he doesn't like seeing people get treated badly. That's a good thing, but he can't get aggravated by it like he is.

"We should go downstairs." I said. It was almost time for dinner and I was dreading it.

Both of us walked downstairs to the dining room. Of course they were there already. Grandma glared at me.

"You should always be early Andrea. That way people are impressed when you arrive."

I wanted to take the candle in the middle of the table and throw it at her. That would probably be hilarious. She has enough product in her hair that it would probably just ignite.

Trevor and I both sat down at the table. I could only pray that this would go fast.

~~~

Kill. Me. Now. Please. All I have wanted to do this whole time is bang my head on the table. Why can't they leave me alone?

"Andrea, your slouching. Sit up tall."

I straightened up reluctantly. We're in the twenty-first century, people slouch!

"I don't want any humpbacks in my family. It's a disgrace."

"Wouldn't want to disgrace the family." I mumbled.

"Don't mumble. People need to hear when you speak."

"Well apparently you did hear me or you wouldn't have said that." I spat.

Her eyes widened. "Do you use that tone with me. I won't have it in my house. I'm sure you learned it from your mother. That woman never should have been trusted to raise a child."

And that did it. "Stop talking about her like that! The way she raised me was perfectly fine. The only reason you don't like her is because she doesn't have the money you have. Money doesn't make you a better person. In fact all it has made you is a stuck up bitch! And I can't wait until I turn 18 and never have to see your ugly plastic face ever again."

I got up and ran out of the room before I could hear her response. The tears running down my face were ridiculous. I don't even know why I was crying.

Before I could lock my door, Trevor pushed through. I didn't hesitate to throw my arms around him.

"It's ok Andy." He whispered into my hair. "Everything is going to be ok. I promise."

"I might have just ruined everything." I cried.

"So what? You never have to come back here after this."

He was right. I could say anything I wanted here because this was going to be the last time I ever came here. But I couldn't stop crying. The sobs coming from me shook me so hard it hurt.

"Here." Trevor said, picking me up and carrying me to the couch. He pulled me on to his lap and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. After that I just sat there with my head on his shoulder. He stayed quiet the whole time, just holding me there.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked quietly.

He let out a little laugh. "Why wouldn't I be? I like you Andy."

Those words made my heart speed up. It's not like he meant it like he actually liked me. We're friends.

"Sometimes I think I don't deserve it."

"Well you do. You deserve so much more than what you have."

I smiled. Everything about him makes me feel better about myself. He just knows how to help me with these things. I looked at the clock and decided it was late enough to go roam around.

"Want to see the rest of the house?" I asked him.

He smiled. "Yeah."

I stoop up and grabbed his hand. "Come on then."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I said I would upload faster, and I'm pretty sure I kept that promise. This chapter is kind of boring, but the next chapter is the one I've been wanting to write from the very beginning. I will post next weekend, maybe earlier. Vote and comment! :)

Continue Reading