Default Settings // Sequel to...

Por Small_Raging_Turtles

!*! Sequel to Factory Reset !*! !*! Please read that first !*! A default, in computer science, refers to the... Más

A/N
Chapter 2: A Friend's Help
Chapter 3: Trust Is A Fragile Thing
Chapter 4: Hidden Away
Chapter 5: Red
Chapter 6: The Living Experiment
Chapter 7: Ulterior Motives
Chapter 8: When Apologies Are Due
Chapter 9: Take A Break
Chapter 10: Where Am I?
Chapter 11: A Challenge For Authority
Chapter 12: Not Without A Fight
Chapter 13: It'll Hear You
Chapter 14: Scared
Chapter 15: The New Place
Chapter 16: Trapped
Chapter 17: Weak
Chapter 18: The Empty Room
Chapter 19: Strange Happenings
Chapter 20: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 21: The Surface
Chapter 22: New Recruit, Old Friend
Chapter 23: Do It For Me
Chapter 24: An Offer You Can't Refuse
Chapter 25: Trust In Me
Chapter 26: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 27: It Doesn't Feel The Same
Chapter 28: The Mission
Chapter 29: The Fool
Chapter 30: Is It Really You?
Chapter 31: Belonging
Chapter 32: Flip The Coin
Chapter 33: Swan Song

Chapter 1: In Another Life

594 23 7
Por Small_Raging_Turtles

Chapter 1: In Another Life

Listen to the sounds of the waves. The water lapping against the sand. The seagulls crying as they sore through the air. The quiet that came with being alone.

This is what Sapphire heard as she sat on the beach, eye closed and hands in her lap. She focused on these sounds, appreciating life's little things.

That is, until a voice broke abruptly through her thoughts as someone spoke her name. She opened her eye to see a worried Steven waving his hand in front of her face.

"Uh, sorry...Pearl made dinner," Steven said nervously. He shuffled his feet a bit as he talked. "I didn't know if you'd interested. I know you don't really eat but, if you just wanted to hang out with us and...and talk then maybe-"

"Maybe in a moment," Sapphire said. Steven sighed. At least he got a response out of her this time.

He trudged defeatedly back to the temple.

"How'd it go?" Pearl and Amethyst had been watching anxiously from the window.

"I don't think she's coming," The boy said as he stared at where Sapphire sat on the beach.

"She just needs more time." Pearl guided Steven over to where dinner (badly-made microwave macaroni and cheese) laid set up on the counter.

Steven mixed the food around in his bowl with his fork dejectedly, "I know it sounds selfish but we already lost Garnet, and now Ruby. Why do we have to lose her too?"

"We all miss Ruby," Amethyst said in an attempt to comfort him. "Those two haven't been apart in, like, forever dude. It really messed Sapphire up."

"It's been two months though!" Steven said through frustration more than anger. "We can't get her back if-"

"If I'm not willing to help."

The three gems jumped in surprise at the new voice. Sapphire stood in the temple, shakily holding her hands together.

"Sapphire..." Pearl's eyes widened in surprise.

"We won't accomplish anything if we don't work together," Sapphire said flatly. "As much as I've been grieving over..." Sapphire stopped herself. "We can't wait here doing nothing while Jasper and Lapis are still out there."

The others smiled at Sapphire's new-found determination.

"Where do we start?"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

138K 1.9K 14
Takes place a few months after The Trial. So Steven doesn't know he has Pink Diamonds gem yet. What if Blue Diamond found out that Steven wasn't Ros...
9.7K 347 17
You are an absolutely impossible being. A Jaspilite gem, shattered thousands of years ago, your shards inherited by various organic beings throughout...
251K 4.5K 20
Long before the great war that happened on earth between the crystal gems and homeworld, an experiment was made to create a new type of gem. This exp...
191K 5.1K 31
Peridot Diamond: A short, pale blonde scientist who is socially awkward. All she cares about is science, facts, and logics. She's never really had a...