Summer with the Queen

By Timed123

Meet Reagan a normal seventeen year old girl from Australia. she has an older brother Macaulay who's nineteen... More

Summer with the Queen/authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Final
Sequel Info

Chapter 17

371 12 0
By Timed123

Waking up I walked to the bathroom when I looked in the mirror and literally gasped at my appearance, my mascara had smudged from the crying and sleep that I looked like a panda, my tan looked blotchy, and my hair looked like thousands of tiny birds had made home in my hair. No wonder Ashton said I looked horrible.

Quickly I got in the shower and proceeded to scrub my face and wash my hair before taking in the tiny droplets of water beading on my skin from the shower, before getting out and changing into something presentable and comfortable before walking down stairs to have breakfast.

Walking into the dining room, mum was the only one sitting there; she looked up and smiled before saying “good morning sweetie”.

“Good morning mum, where is everyone?” I said looking around the room.

It was 8am and usually everyone is up by now, but this morning it was different, mum and I are early rises as it is so it wasn’t abnormal for the pair of us to be the first ones up, while dad and Macaulay loved to sleep in.

“Well your Grandmother and Grandfather are around somewhere, your dad is possibly showering or has gone back to sleep and don’t get me started on Macaulay” she said taking a sip of her coffee.

“Why what happened to Macaulay?” I asked knowing what happened but wanting to hear what he did.

“well your brother decided to get smashed off his face last night and you know what he is like after he drinks, he decided that the floor of his room was a perfect place to spew his guts up” mum said disgusted in her Son.

“Who cleaned it up?” I asked trying not to laugh at the poor sucker who had to clean it up.

“Well since Miles was meant to keep an eye on him, I made him clean it up as punishment” mum said deadpanned before she started to laugh.

“Oh mum that is gold, how did he take it?” I asked laughing.

“Well he winged and complained that it wasn’t in his job description, before he agreed because I threatened to tell his boss of his lack of attention” she simply said back.

“Serves him right” I said before heading to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

Once I returned to the dining room dad and Macaulay were sitting at the table, dad talking to mum and Macaulay with his head on the table probably getting over his hangover.

I still wasn’t talking to Macaulay after what he did and said last night and obviously it caught on because mum and dad sensed that when I sat the other side of dad and not next to Macaulay like I usually did.

I finished breakfast when dad told me that Grandmother wanted to see me in her office; I got up and headed to Grandmothers office on the other side of the palace. I was walking to her office when Miles walked past me and smiled at me, I ignored him and kept walking, I didn’t get far before Miles yelled out, I turned around and looked at him.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked me.

“Just leave it, I have to be somewhere” I said before turning around and walking off towards the offices. I heard Miles mutter something under his breath as I walked off but just ignored it.

I got to Grandmothers office and knocked on the door before entering like I usually do, Grandmother was sitting at her desk doing some sort of paper work when she look up at me and smiled before gesturing me to take a seat.

I sat down and waited for Grandmother to finish her work before I asked what she needed me for.

“Hello darling, did you have a good time last night? I saw you leave early is everything ok?” she asked me first.

“I had a great time last night yeah everything is fine I was just tired and Macaulay and I got into a fight nothing big but let’s just say we won’t be talking for a while” I said back looking at my feet.

“That’s a shame, anyway I called you here to ask you if you wanted to enter into a horse competition for the Queens cup?” she asked me.

I looked up and smiled before replying “that would be a pleasure I would love to, but isn’t it a bit of a conflict of interest if the Queens Granddaughter were to be entered into the competition?” I asked back.

“oh darling I have already worked that out, that was what I was doing before you came in, if you were to enter you will go under your mother’s maiden name of Garnier, so no one will know that the Queens Granddaughter will be in the competition” Grandmother replied back.

“Well that makes sense Reagan Garnier instead of Prairie, when is this competition?” I asked.

“Its tomorrow, I have already organized Dan to bring Locket to the arena and be there to help you with the horse” Grandmother replied.

“But what about my riding gear it’s at the cottage” I said back trying to get my head around everything.

“Dan already said he would bring it with him when he comes later tonight with Locket” she replied back.

“Dan is coming tonight with Locket?” I asked sounding excited.

“Well I just said that didn’t I? Now I suggest you go and get the stable ready for Locket” Grandmother said smiling.

I got up and went around and hugged Grandmother before saying a million thankyou's before heading out of the office and heading straight to the stable out the back.

 As I was walking through to the back of the palace where the stables were Ashton was walking in the door.

“Whoa settle down there Reagan, what’s got you so happy today?” he said to me.

“Dan is arriving with Locket tonight, because I’m entered into a riding competition tomorrow and now I’m going to get Lockets stable ready for him” I said as I walked out the door that Ashton just walked in.

I arrived at the stable and got it ready for Locket when I heard a horn to a car beep, I turned around and saw the Ute with the horse float on the back; a smile plastered my face as I went and greeted Dan who had gotten out of the Ute.

“I’m so glad you’re here, thank you for coming” I sad to Dan as I hugged him.

“No worries Rea, I know someone has missed you” Dan said looking towards the horse float that Locket was in. I went over to the float and opened the door and climbed in to see my horse.

“Hey boy I missed you, you ready to compete tomorrow” I asked the horse, Locket nodded his head as if he understood what I said, that made me laugh. Dan arrived behind the horse and got him ready to get out of the float.

We got Locket out of the float and got him settled into the stable before I lead Dan into the Palace and to his room.

Grandmother had said that Dan was staying in the staff quartes so he was closer to Locket if anything happened. I walked Dan to his room and showed him the room;

“Sorry it’s not like your cabin, but it was the only room that was close to the stable” I said as I walked into the room and opening to window to let more light into the room.

The room had a single bed with a desk and a small kitchen and bathroom; it was comfortable for the staff to use.

“Its fine Reagan as long as I have a bed to sleep in I’m happy” Dan simply said.

“I know I feel bad though, that you get a small room and I have a bigger room” I said to him.

“It’s ok I’m fine with is seriously, how big is your room here anyway?” he asked me

“Well I can show you if you really want” I said to him being serious.

“Sure, if you help me unpack and I have your uniform here too” he said giving me my riding bag with all my uniform in it.

“Deal” I said before helping Dan unpack.

We finished unpacking and I showed Dan around the Palace before heading towards my room. We were walking down the hallway when Miles walked out of Macaulay’s room with a bucket in his hand; he stopped and looked at us before he approached us with a questioning look on his face.

“Reagan who is this? And why is he going into your room?” Miles asked me in a serious tone.

“Well if you must know Miles, this is Dan who works at the cottage, and he is here because I’m in a horse riding competition tomorrow and he brought Locket my horse with him, he is going into my room so he can drop off my riding uniform” I said as Dan held up the riding bag in his hand.

“Ok then” Miles simply said to me, still eyeing Dan in the process.

“What’s with the bucket in your hand?” I asked Miles.

He looked at the bucket before scrunching up his nose before replying “ your brother decided to spew again and your mum made me look after him as punishment for letting him drink too much” he said back.

That being said Dan and I laughed as we both have had to look after Macaulay once or more over the time. Lucky for Dan he only managed to do it once while I have had to do it more than once and plus I have had to look after Logan in the process, but that is another story.

“Well good luck with that” I said to Miles before walking into my room and pulling Dan with me in the process.

“Wow he is scary, and he is your security guard Reagan, that sucks” Dan said to me.

“He is not that bad really he acts all tough but really he is immature like Macaulay” I said back.

We dumped my riding uniform on the bed before heading back out and to the lounge room where the rest of the family was apart from Macaulay who was still in bed.

After dinner I decided to have an early night as I had to get up early the next day for the Competition, I said good night to everyone and walked up to my room to go to bed.

Walking down the hallway, Macaulay walked out of his room looking a little better than what he did this morning, I opened my door ready to walk in but was stopped by Macaulay who stood behind me;

“Wait Rea, I’m sorry about last night, I feel really bad for what I said and did, please forgive me its killing me not to talk to my sister” he said being sincere.

I turned around and looked at him; he was in his black boxers and singlet his hair all over the place.

“what you said wasn’t cool, if it happens again I will make sure that we don’t talk for a long time, but your forgiven and could you please shower you stink, and I have to get to bed I have an early morning tomorrow, I’m in a riding competition for the Queens cup and I need my rest” I said to Macaulay who nodded his head and walked back to his room, hopefully to shower.

-----------------------------------

vote

comment

share

please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141 6 14
sire is now 15 starting her freshman year. her love for her parents and books still exists with her brother Winslow. Will she fit into the kingdom...
10.8K 64 27
You are a 17 year old girl and you live in London with your mom because your dad was in a car accident when you were 8. You're the baddest girl in yo...
3K 382 62
Best friends, Izzy and Em, have been star pupils at their all girls boarding school Watford High on Sydney's North Shore for years. Since joining cla...
116K 1.6K 57
Part 2 of Life Line. DeAnn has to cope with being a single mother and potentially becoming Queen. Will she be the next reigning monarch of the Kingdom