Summer with the Queen

By Timed123

Meet Reagan a normal seventeen year old girl from Australia. she has an older brother Macaulay who's nineteen... More

Summer with the Queen/authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Final
Sequel Info

Chapter 16

387 10 0
By Timed123

We were dancing for a little while before the guy finally said something.

“So..... What brings you to this gala dinner?” he said to me while we were still slow dancing.

I had to think quickly, as I didn’t want to give away that I’m the Granddaughter of the Queen and King of England.

“My parents, well more my dad does work for the King and Queen” I said hoping to sound convincing.

It was true dad did help Grandmother and Grandfather with the business, so I wasn’t exactly lying I was only telling him half of the reason.

“That’s pretty cool, do you know the Queen and King?” he asked looking at me now.

Oh crap what am I going to say now! I thought to myself, I couldn’t tell a stranger that I’m the Granddaughter of them that would just give me away. I must have been day dreaming because the guy slightly coughed to get my attention again.

“Oh sorry, no I don’t know the King and Queen, I have seen them from a distance but haven’t personally met them” I said trying to sound convincing and cover up that I’m lying, something that I hate doing.

“That’s a shame, they are lovely people” he said to me smiling.

You have no idea I thought mentally.

“What brought you here” I said to him casually.

“Well I go to the local university and well I got an award in honour of the King because he liked my woodwork that I did, so I managed to get an invite to this gala dinner for praise of my work” he simply said.

Ok so this guy is older than me, if he goes to university, but what got me was why was he dancing with me?

The song ended and the guy guided me to an empty bar table where we sat down and continued to talk.

“How old are you exactly?” I asked the guy sitting opposite me.

“I’m eighteen, I finished school last year and went straight to university after that, how old are you?” he asked me back.

“Well I’m seventeen I will be eighteen in a couple of months and going in to year 12, what are you studying at university?” I asked the guy.

“I seriously didn’t think you looked like you were seventeen, I’m studying architecture and I like building so I decided to do that course” the guy simply said.

“That’s pretty impressive, my uncle is CEO of a building company back home” I said.

“Ah I thought I sensed an accent, Australian?” he asked.

“Yeah I’m Australian, but England is like my second home” I said.

“I’m Patrick by the way, why is England like a second home to you?” Patrick asked me.

“I’m Reagan, well since my dad does work for the King and Queen we come for holidays and besides my dad was born in England” I said hoping he wouldn’t ask any more questions about dad’s job.

“That’s a pretty name, and by the way you look really nice too” Patrick said to me smiling.

“Thank you, you look alright too I guess” I said back smiling.

Patrick was a bit taller than me and had short blonde hair that was styled in a formal comb over, he wore a suite like everyone else but with a emerald green tie, he was pretty attractive but wasn’t my type of guy.

We continued to talk before Macaulay decided to come and ruin the moment.

“Hey Reagan, mum and dad want us for ‘something important’, was dads words” he stated eyeing up Patrick in the process.

“Oh ok, won’t be a sec” I said back to him.

“No NOW, you know how dad gets when we are late” Macaulay said frustrated.

“Fine I’m coming then, it was nice meeting you Patrick” I said getting off the seat and following Macaulay to where mum and dad were.

“So who is the guy Reagan” Macaulay said raising his eyebrows at me.

“His name is Patrick and he was invited by the King because he won an award for the woodwork he did that the King liked” I stated back

“Fair enough” Macaulay said still walking.

“So where are we meeting mum and dad” I said trying to keep up with Macaulay’s pace.

“We aren’t” he simply stated.

“Why would you tell me that we were when clearly we aren’t” I said annoyed.

“Well because that guy Peter was getting too close to you” he said back.

“His name is Patrick, and he was not getting close, we were just talking geez over protective much” I said annoyed.

“well I don’t know who he is, regardless if the King invited him or not, your my baby sister and I’m just making sure your treated right” macaulay said to my face this time trying to getting the point across.

“What is that suppose to mean! You don’t like the type of guys I talk to, well news flash he approached me first not the other way around” I snapped back.

“I didn’t mean it like that Rea” his voice remorse.

“Yeah sure, just because he is someone who you wouldn’t talk to, I can’t talk to him now, real low macaulay real low” I said annoyed before walking in the direction of the exit of the ballroom.

“Well where are you going?” Macaulay yelled after me.

The gala was wrapping up and some of the people had already left, but there were still some people hanging around either drinking or dancing the rest of the night away, Patrick had left not long after we left him at the table.

“HOME” I simply said back before walking out the door leaving Macaulay standing there.

Macaulay and I would usually get into fights with each other over the littlest things but who doesn’t with their siblings.

I had had enough of the crap that Macaulay was talking so I decided to go back to the palace and go to bed but since the gala was held in the palace I had to exit the same way everyone else did and go into the palace through the back entrance in order to go to bed.

I was walking around to the side of the palace when I heard “wait up” from behind me; I stopped and turned around only to see Ashton walking up to me from behind.

“What’s wrong, I saw you leave in a hurry from the gala after you were with Macaulay” Ashton said.

Wiping away some of the tears I replied “I had enough of Macaulay’s crap talk so I decided to go to bed” I simply said to Ashton who was looking at me worried.

“It must have been harsh if you’re crying about it” he said looking at me.

I didn’t really want to talk about it; all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and forget it happened.

“Just leave it Ashton, I’m not in the mood to talk about it” I replied softly before turning away from Ashton and walking towards the back entrance.

“Can I at least walk you to your room so I know that you got there alright” he called out after me.

“I don’t really care what you do Ashton” I replied back.

We walked towards my room, not talking until I reached my door when Ashton spoke up;

“Are you sure you are alright, you know you can tell me” he pleaded with me.

I opened my door wider letting Ashton in before I walked over to my closet and got out of my dress and changed into my pyjamas, before walking back over to my bed and sitting down on it.

Ashton was now sitting on the end of my bed looking around the room.

“Nice room you have” he said still looking around.

“It’s not too bad, my room at home is decorated more than this one” I simply said back.

He nodded his head before talking again “so are you going to tell me what happened back at the gala?” he said being serious now.

Eventually I caved and told him everything that happened from earlier while he sat there and simply listened and nodded his head at the appropriate times.

“You know he is only looking out for you, you are his baby sister and it’s something that older brothers do, trust me” he said smiling.

“I know but he can be too over protective sometimes and I’m just over it” I replied.

“I know but seriously one day you will thank him, anyway I best be getting back and you need sleep you look horrible” he said.

“Gee thanks, thank you for listening and all that” I replied.

“No worries, I’m glad it was me and not Miles” he said laughing.

There was no way I was going to spill that stuff to Miles for two reasons, one he will just take it at as a joke and not serious, and two he is too immature to handling this stuff and will probably tell Macaulay. So there was no way I was going tell him anything.

“Well I trust you more than I do Miles, and I have known you longer than Miles and you’re like an older brother” I replied.

“I’m glad, now come here and give me a hug, I think you need one” he said with his arms open.

I walked over to him and he engulfed me in one of is brotherly hugs before pulling away and heading towards the door.

“You get some sleep, I will see you in the morning” he said walking out the door.

With that being said I said goodbye to Ashton and got into bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later I was woken to noises in the hallway, I sat up in bed and listened to what they were, no surprise it was Macaulay who was drunk off his ass yelling drunken sentences out for everyone to hear.

He got to my door and started yelling louder saying words like “don’t wake the golden child” or “she must be on her monthly because she is being a total B***h” I just laughed at that one.

He must have taken the argument to heart because he never gets smashed unless something was said to hurt him.  It wasn’t long before another voice spoke up and I knew it was Miles telling Macaulay to get to bed before he does something he will regret.

The voices died down and I drifted off to sleep again.

---------------------------

vote

comment

share

please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 8.1K 48
It's the beginning summer vacation and you are going into your senior year of high school. Every summer, you leave our main home in the east coast an...
226K 8.8K 66
Lily Anne Alexia Windsor Or as people call her, Princess Lily. She's seventeen years old and is destined for an arranged marriage. Only she will mee...
20 0 22
when Reagan goes to Rhode Island fo the summer with her best friend Paige, the only thing on her mind is her boyfriend Nat. That is until Sam comes i...
117K 1.7K 57
Part 2 of Life Line. DeAnn has to cope with being a single mother and potentially becoming Queen. Will she be the next reigning monarch of the Kingdom