Summer with the Queen

By Timed123

Meet Reagan a normal seventeen year old girl from Australia. she has an older brother Macaulay who's nineteen... More

Summer with the Queen/authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Final
Sequel Info

Chapter 14

401 11 0
By Timed123

It didn’t take me long to find the gym at the palace since it was on the first floor near the indoor pool. I headed into the gym and started my stretches before heading to the treadmill to run a few kms.

After doing 3kms on the treadmill I decided to do some sit ups and push ups on the mat on the other side of the room. As I was walking to the mat the door to the gym opened and in walked Ashton, who gave me a look of surprise.

“Far out Reagan you nearly gave me a heart attack, I wasn’t expecting anyone to be in here at this time” he said surprised.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, and I could say the same to you” I replied.

“Funny, I usually go to the gym early in the mornings, because I’m always tired after work, why are you in here” he simply said.

“Well I always rise early, and do my work out so my fitness it up for netball” I replied.

“Fair point, what time did you get in here, I always thought I was early...........I guess not” he replied amused.

“Um around 5.30am so been in here about half an hour, and probably got around 45minutes until I finish” I said.

“Wow that’s dedication” he replied smiling.

“Sure is” I replied quickly.

After our little conversation Ashton walked over to the weights while I walked over to the mats on the floor and started to do my sit ups and push up routine.

I saw Ashton lifting weights on the bar so I walked over to watch in case of accidents happening, when he was done a set he started to put the bar back on when I stepped in and helped him out by taking some of the pressure off him.

“You sure know what you’re doing” Ashton replied puffing.

“well when you have a 19 year old brother and a 20 year old cousin who love lifting weights, you sort of got to learn quick if you want to stop an accident from happening” I said.

“You have a point, do you lift weights?” he asked.

“Me........lift weights?................no I don’t” I replied

“You should try, it could help give you strength when you pass the ball in netball” he said seriously.

“I will take that on board, oh and thanks for taking me to bed last night” I said as I started to pack up the equipment I was using.

“no problem, and it was fine I was walking passed the room anyway and saw you sleeping so naturally I went and put you to bed, I’m use to putting my niece to bed when she falls asleep on the floor after playing with her toys” he said smiling at the thought.

“You must really miss your family” I said quietly.

“I do every day, but you move on, anyway I better keep going or I’m not going to get my full workout done before I clock on” he replied.

“Yeah I better leave you to it, I’ll see you around” I replied as I started to walk out the door and into the hallway back to my bedroom on the second floor to have a much needed shower.

Today I spent most of my day in meetings about the future for the children of the world. I know it sounds lame but I enjoyed it because I got to have a say in how the future should be for the children and what we need to do to keep the environment and jobs available for the next generation.

I was in between meetings when I went to grab a quick lunch from the kitchen, I walked into the kitchen and saw Ashton, Macaulay and Miles sitting there all eating something that looked and smelled good, I walked over to Macaulay and looked at what he was eating it was pasta which looked good.

“Hey is there anymore of that left?” I asked Macaulay.

“Um have a look in the pot, if not the fridge” he said taking a mouth full of his food.

I walked over to the pot and looked in, it was clean so I walked over to the fridge and looked around and saw nothing.

“You three are pigs you ate the whole lot” I said annoyed.

I proceeded to walk over to where the guys were sitting and took Macaulay’s bowl from him and took a massive mouth full of his pasta. The look on his face was priceless it was a mix between horror and anger.

“Reagan what are you doing that was mine” he exclaimed.

“Well if you lot didn’t eat the whole batch, that wouldn’t of happened and besides I was seeing what I missed out on” I said smiling sweetly at him.

“And, was it good?” he asked taking the bowl off me.

“Wasn’t bad, who made it?” I asked serious.

Macaulay and Ashton looked at each other before pointing at Miles who looked up and smiled.

“You cook?” I asked looking at Miles.

“Yeah I do” he replied.

“And you cooked that pasta?” I asked Miles, who simply nodded at the question.

“I seriously thought Sandrine cooked that” I said.

Sandrine was the cook at the palace; she was a middle aged woman who Grandmother was friends with and hired her because of her ability to cook really tasty meals.

“Well thanks for the compliment I guess” Miles replied

“You’re welcome, anyway I better go make something to eat before I head off again” I said turning away and walking towards the cupboards and fridge. I ended up making a salad roll and eating it quickly before I had to go to my next meeting.

****************

My last meeting finished at around 2.30pm leaving me to have the rest of the afternoon off, I decided to go for a swim, I went to my room and changed into a purple one piece before heading off to the pool.

I got to the pool and saw Macaulay just about to get out of the water, I quickly yelled out for him to wait before I dumped my stuff down on the chair and walking over to the edge and diving in.

“You’re lucky, I was just about to get out” he replied.

“You can go if you want, you don’t have to stay longer I’ll be fine on my own” I said to him.

“I know you will, I have to go anyway and help Charla organise where the band will be set up for the gala tomorrow” he said before getting out of the pool and walking out the door.

I was left there on my own, so I decided to do a few laps then relax before getting out.

I was relaxing on a pool lilo before I heard to door to the pool open, I looked up and saw Miles walking in the door in his uniform, great.

“Come to babysit me are you Miles?” I said smiling.

He gave me a knowing look before standing near the door putting his hands behind his back and continued minding his own business.

At this stage I got off the lilo and swam to the edge of the pool and got out. I walked over to where I dumped my stuff and got my towel and started to dry off before sitting on the lounge.

“You can come over, I’m not going to tell anyone” I said to him

“I know that but I can’t” he simply said.

I read through one of my magazines before getting bored of the pool so I decided to leave and head back to my room. Of course Miles followed.

Dinner went by rather well; Charla had text me saying that my spray tan was at 9.pm in the beauty room, which was in half an hour from now.

Not long after dinner everyone went to bed since we had a busy day tomorrow with the gala, but for me I was heading towards the beauty room which was near the gym and pool.

I was wearing a long flannel t-shirt that I got that was 3 sizes too big for me but it was the only reason why I could because of the tan sticking.

I arrived at the beauty room and walked in and saw Emma the spray tanner and makeup artist standing there.

“Well it looks like you came prepared” she said smiling at me.

“Of course I did, thanks for doing it later at night I know Blaize would be missing her mum at this hour of night” I said smiling.

Emma was a single mother of Blaize who was 3 years old, her husband died in the army when one of the tanks got ambushed on patrol. Ever since Grandmother had made sure that Emma was well looked after and that Blaize had a normal childhood.

“Yeah she would be but my mum is down and she is babysitting for me, okay what shade you think you want to go?” she asked.

“I was thinking a shade and a half darker than natural” I said.

“I was thinking the exact same thing, right time to put the hair net on please” Emma asked while turning on the machine.

15 minutes later and my spray tan was completed, I thanked Emma and told her that I would see her later on in the day to get my makeup done, and started to head back to my room to get ready for bed.

I was walking down the hallway on the second floor towards my room when Miles was doing his night patrol of the floor; he looked up at literally stopped and stared at me.

“What in the world happened to you?” he asked shocked.

I laughed before replying:

“Well I just got a spray tan done for tomorrow night” I said back.

“You look like an oompa loompa” he said laughing at my appearance.

I looked down at my now tanning arms and legs and saw an orange tinge on them.

“Well I guess I do, but trust me it will be better in the morning once I wash off the excess tan from my body” I said back to him.

“If you say so, oompa loompa” he said still laughing.

And you wonder why I asked Charla to book my appointment at night, so people like Miles wouldn’t see me and make fun of me, but I guess that backfired.

“Well if you are done laughing at me, can I get past and go to bed?” I asked firmly.

He moved aside to let me past and was still laughing when I started to walk to my room at the end of the hallway that we were on.

“Will you stop acting like a 5 year old and grow up, surely you have seen a girl with a spray tan before” I said while walking.

“Yes I have but I have never seen a real life oompa loompa” he said still pissing himself laughing.

“Oh you’re so hilarious Miles, seriously GROW UP” I yelled at him before slamming the door shut to my room.

---------------------------------

vote

comment

share

please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 639 7
It's the summer before she goes off to college, and all Rose wants to do is have a fantastic summer vacation with her friends. Is that possible with...
82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
428 13 6
Its Summer, she's finally back together with her friends after a whole school year. They do what they'll normally do during the summer, hang out and...
116K 1.6K 57
Part 2 of Life Line. DeAnn has to cope with being a single mother and potentially becoming Queen. Will she be the next reigning monarch of the Kingdom