Somewhere in Neverland

By brainjunkies

A Jack Barakat/ All Time Low Fic Kirsten and Jack finally patched things up after the crazy situations they'v... More

Say Goodbye
to the halls and the classes
Say Hello
to the job and the taxes
The weekends with old friends
spilling into 9 to 5 routine
Tell me how you feel over and done with
Like your life is a map
with no compass to guide
We sing along to forever young
We'll start a life
of a plain and simple
Of great times
with far better people
And weekends with our friends
Laughing about the wine that stains their teeth
We'll talk about how your parents separated
How you don't want to
make the same mistakes as them
I'll say it's all about sticking it out
and trying to feel forever young
Here we go again
Wishing we could start again
Wendy, run away with me
I know it sounds crazy
Don't you see what you do to me
I wanna be your lost boy
Your last chance
A better reality
Wendy, we can get away
I promise if you're with me
Say a word and we'll find a way
I can be your lost boy
The last chance
Your "everything better" plan
Somewhere in Neverland

At the bar drinking way too much

84 5 0
By brainjunkies

□□ "You're going to hear those heartbeats every single waking day of your life, I promise." □□

"I found your secret compartment, guys!" Kirsten shouted as Alex and Zack entered the bus. "I can't find the weed though." she shouted again before she started to cry as the contents of the bottle she was holding spilled out to her legs then to the floor. Zack ran towards Kirsten while Alex took a hand towel from the bathroom.

"I don't really drink. I don't know what's wrong?! Where do you guys keep the weed? I miss them." she continued crying out as Zack took the bottle away from her and pulled her to the front lounge. Alex followed after them and he immediately wiped her face with the wet towel.

"I thought I could handle it. He trusts me!" She wasn't as furious as she was when she lost her baby, but she was thoroughly confused and drunk.

"Calm down, Kirsten." Alex said as she continued wiping her face. Rian came up to the bus with a confused look and when he saw Kirsten, he just shook his head. They left her after lunch in the bus but she was normally fine. They just hung out with some of the other bands and when they came back, Kirsten's a bit drunk already and was a mess.

"I am calm! That's why I didn't go to the bar." Zack bit his lip with her blabber and irrational reasoning, but Alex and Rian snorted at what she said.

"Yeah! You're pretty calm, Kirsten. We admire you." Rian said as he patted her head.

"Really?" her eyes grew big like a prep kid who was complimented by her teacher but she was still sobbing.

"Yes. So get up now and clean yourself. Could you still sing?" Alex asked.

"Holy shit!" she screamed out. "I'm sorry, Alex! I neglected my duty as a singer!" she started crying again, but the three laughed at her. They knew her almost drunk language was kicking off again.

Alex shook her body, "It's alright! It's alright, Kirchie. The crowd will gladly sing with me."

She was sill sobbing but she nodded her head at him. "I'll go clean up now." She slowly walked towards her bunk to get some clothes. The three were still at the front lounge looking at her as she entered the bathroom. They were looking at her and Rian was gesturing her to go on and clean up.

She opened the shower and stood still as it soaked her. The tears coming out of her eyes mixed up with the water flowing from her head down to her face. It was like crying in the rain so she could hide the tears.

Jack was with his ex, and she's not just any other ex-girlfriend. She's a model and a reality actress. They were spending a cozy time as what Kirsten read and seen on his tweet. She knew that Jack won't really get on the bed with her, but at the back of her mind, that thought haunts her. That thought fucks up with everything.

What the hell does she have that Jack already loved on his ex-girlfriend? A lot. A lot in Kirsten's mind. A lot that kept her worried and pessimist for the rest of the day.

Rian texted Jack immediately as soon as Kirsten stepped on the bathroom.

"Kirsten is drunk. Get your ass back here." Jack read as Holly poured a cold drink on his glass.

"You sure you're not drinking anything besides this? I have a some whiskey here." she asked. She noticed Jack's change of expression. "What's wrong?" she asked again.

"I need to get back." Jack stood up from his seat and walked towards the coat rack to get his jacket.

"I thought you guys are leaving at midnight? " Holly asked as she trailed behind Jack.

"Kirsten is drunk. That shouldn't be happening."

"Oh my! What have you done? You bastard."

"I don't really know." he replied as he kissed her on the cheek. "Talk to you again soon."

Jack ran off of the hotel and rushed back to the bus. When he came in, the three were all looking at the bathroom. Kirsten just stepped out of it. Their heads all turned to Jack. Kirsten ran back inside and closed the door. The three looked back at Jack again as he ran after her.

He knocked at the door gently as he spoke out, "Kirsten. What's the problem?" A moment of silence and Jack didn't hear anything from her.

Rian approached him, patted his back and said, "Mind your tweets, man." He then walked out of the bus and Zack followed him. Alex stayed for a while to tell Jack, "She's still trying to be strong, but she's obviously more frail than what we thought she is."

As soon as the three left the bus, Jack knocked on the door again. "Kirsten, I'm sorry. We need to talk. Please."

Kirsten sat down in the toilet and trying to breathe in and out. She was trying to convince herself to be courageous and face Jack. His patience should be reciprocated. Kirsten knew that it was just a petty jealousy that she was trying to conceal.

Jack knocked on the door again but Kirsten stayed silent. A couple minutes after, he took the bathroom keys from the wine drawer. The first time Kirsten locked herself inside the bathroom, they scrambled in finding those keys. It was a good thing that Rian kept it there so they would always be reminded.

Jack opened the door and slowly slid it on the side. Kirsten was surprised. She couldn't move. She didn't know what to do. There was no other way out for her.

"I think it's enough time for you already?" Jack said with a smile. Kirsten tried to smile back at him, but it turned out to be a less than a half-hearted smile. Jack took her hands and slowly lifted her up. "Do you want to stay at the back lounge or welcome everyone at the front?" he asked.

Kirsten sighed and bowed down, "Back."

Jack led her to the back lounge and closed the door halfway. They sat down on the couch. Kirsten was holding on to her knees and was playing with her fingers. He slouched and stretched out his long legs on the floor. "I, I don't know where to start."

"I'm fine. I know you did nothing wrong. I know that."

Jack stretched his arm so he could pull Kirsten closer to him. "But why were you able to find the not so secret compartment?" He asked as he saw some of their bottles on the floor.

"I don't really know, Jack. I was alone here, more like I didn't want to come out with them. I wanted to be alone. I don't want to put up a smile with strangers that Alex would introduce me to. I, I just can't."

"Then why were you able to find the secret compartment?" he asked again.

Kirsten shot him a confused look. "I wanted to drink. I don't really know why. but I wanted to fall asleep."

"We have a lot of time to sleep on our way to Amsterdam. You're not taking down notes anymore?"

"I-I forgot about it."

"Did you forgot or there was something running inside your head that won't shut up."

Kirsten nodded at him, but Jack gave her a very big smile. He wiped his teary eyes in embarrassment. "You're fucking jealous." then he laughed out loud. He was so happy to figure out that Kirsten was jealous of him and Holly meeting up. His smile almost topped Kirsten's when she's ultimately happy.

"I am. I knew it but I don't want to be like that."

"Why are you trying so hard not to?" Jack asked as he scratched his head, but still giggling over Kirsten's jealousy.

"I shouldn't be like that." She cupped his face with her hands. "I promised not to be a hindrance with you and the band a-and your dreams and everything that you have as a musician. I don't want less than half of your fan base to be on a revolution because you're with me."

Kirsten moved her hands to his and held it up. "I'm lucky enough to get this close to you. I don't want to ruin that because of some jealous act against an ex-girlfriend." she gritted her teeth as she looked away.

"You're still with that?" he asked before he kissed her hands that he was holding on to as well. "I know I couldn't throw away those things, but I'm pretty sure they'll understand."

Kirsten gasped and immediately shook his hands, "No! You're not going to do that! If you do that, I swear we won't end up together!"

"So if I'll continue with the band, we'll end up together?"

"Of course!"

"Well, I choose to stay in the band until I die."

"Great!"

"Great! So since we'll end up together, we can get married already!" his smile was genuine. It sounded like a joke but Jack and Kirsten knew it was a proposal, a serious one.

Kirsten's surprised face turned to a straight face gradually. Her eyes were out of focus in Jack's face. Her mind started to wander away with the thoughts of his proposal. Jack slowly squeezed himself to Kirsten and pulled her into his chest.

"You're going to hear those heartbeats every single waking day of your life, I promise." he whispered into her hair.

Kirsten was trying her best to weigh in everything that affects her decision with his marriage proposal.

"You were fine when I checked out on how my ex-boyfriend was doing." Kirsten felt Jack nod his head. "And I freaked out the inside when you were with Holly."

Jack apologized immediately after she said that, "Oh, and about that nothing happened, okay? It was a photoshoot so there was the bed, that's it. I'm sorry about that." He kissed her head after apologizing.

"It's alright. I knew you wouldn't do that. My mind just played with me." an angel of silence passed by. Jack cleared his throat to hear more of her thoughts.

"You've been very good to me. I'm starting to have the fear of losing you. I don't think I'll ever find someone like you. I won't even look for one at the first place."

Jack blushed with what she said so he grabbed her hands and showered them with kisses. His lips travelled through his arms and up to her cheeks, pecking all the way.

The sliding door of the back lounge suddenly opened up. Alex stood on the other side. Rian and Zack were sat on Jack and Kirsten's bunk beds. "Before you guys get any more intimate," Alex said as he smiled at them. "Kirsten, if you don't want to lose our best friend, you should know the right thing to do." then Alex completely closed the sliding door.

Jack and Kirsten listened to their footsteps until they got down from the bus. They giggled, remembering how they both gasped like they were caught masturbating.

She looked at Jack and she knew what Alex was thinking. Jack seems to have the same thought as well. "This isn't Vegas though. We can't find the Elvis Presley priest here that could do the ceremony." Kirsten said as she leaned on Jack.

He tried to contain himself. Kirsten just talked about getting married, and she was a step ahead in thinking about someone who could do the wedding ceremony. He didn't jump around and screamed in happiness, but his heartbeats were more than furious. He was never that thrilled, excited, and happy before. He was floating on cloud nine.

"Yeah. You're right. There's no Elvis Presley priest here." Jack spoke out in a very controlled manner. He sounded so calm despite the high intensity happiness he has on his body. "But we could start planning it, don't you think?" he asked as he bit his lips.

Kirsten made some distance so she could look at him in the eye. Her smirks were not usual. She looked like she was plotting some kind of a devilish plan. "You know, an hour ago, I thought everything would be totally over between us for real. And now it's kinda decided that were getting married."

"Kinda? I thought it was for real already?"

"Yeah. But it isn't official. I know I've been a headache with all of the official status thingys. So.."

"So?"

"Fuck being official. Yeah were totally getting married."

"Aaaahhh!!!" Jack screamed out as he opened the door of the back lounge and run to the front of the bus where the three were waiting just outside and back to Kirsten. "We're getting married!" he screamed once again. "But." he suddenly sank in front of her.

"But what?" Kirsten asked as she stood up in front of Jack.

"I wasn't able to propose. I left the ring back home." he sat down on the floor. He looked so sad and worn out. "I should have brought it with me."

"It's alright, Jack." Kirsten sat down beside him and tried her best to wrap her arms around him. "I respect word of mouth of proposals. I don't care about cheesy proposal shits."

Jack looked at her with his sad puppy eyes and pouting lips. As he looked at Kirsten's smiling face, he felt assurance. Something that he's been trying to earn since they lost their baby. The assurance that Kirsten won't leave or won't ever try to leave again. It might be enough already.

"Are you two drunk?" Alex asked out of nowhere. The two almost jumped out of their seats in surprise again. Kirsten looks fine as she could be. "It's time for the signing!" Jack immediately stood up and kissed Kirsten on the head.

As soon as they stepped out of the bus, she immediately called out Vinny. "Hey Vinny! This isn't about the merch but do you happen to know someone that could hold a wedding ceremony here at Oslo?"

"You guys are finally getting married!" Vinny was in awe as he received the news.

"Yeah. I wanna surprise him. I have the ring he proposed with here with me. It's just one though."

"It's alright. I have the keys to Jack's home, I'll try to send one of his rings over, so most likely the ceremony would take place on Italy or Germany."

"No, no, no. No need to rush. We can do it in Paris, right?"

"That's the most brilliant idea I heard from you Kirsten, next to the Galaxy Boner shirt. I'll prepare everything for you. Trust me."

"I could help." Kirsten suggested as it was her little plan at the first place.

"No! I'll do this. Now go on and entertain people. Make them inspired. Okay?"

"I will. Thank you so much Vinny!"

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

^_____^

★ Votes ★ are greatly appreciated.

♥ Add to Reading List ♥ to get updated.

◆ brainjunkies ◆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 13 34
Second sequel to The J.A.C.I.E. Project JACIE Jay-see \ d͡ʒˈe͡ɪsi \ See Jennifer Anna Clara Isabell Evans. A talented songwriter and producer who n...
12K 691 13
Jack Barakat of All Time Low gets into a fight with his long time boyfriend, which ends in him being kicked out of their apartment and needing a plac...
22K 566 15
In greek Calista means most beautiful. Not many other people see her this way, especially not in high school - she was just the rich geeky girl. Ja...
7.3K 148 36
*Part three of Oh, Calamity series!* The bands are finally settled into adult life, without any more second guessing who they are as people. New stru...