The Test || Dave East FF

By kaylexo

Book #2 to the Kaydence & Dani series. Kaydence gets out of prison for capital murder with the help of the d... More

Attention!
RECAP/ No Clue
Closer
Small City
Talk/ Small City 2
Break Up
Forigve Me
Hater
Depressed Time
Worth A Try
Friends
Below the Belt
Unwanted Guest
Getting His/Meeting The Parents
Maybe Not
Mind Playing Tricks
Hating On The Low
Weird Shit
Lookin' For Revenge
What A Coincidence
Leavin' The Game
Leavin' The Game 2
Secrets
Back At It Again
Trippin'
New Chapter
Big News
OG
Truth Never Dies
Drug Dealin'
Christmas Eve
Big Things
SERIOUS QUESTION
Temporary Happiness
One Option
Pillow Talkin'
Make Up
It's a Set Up
Promise
Never Telling
Moving On
F*ck It
Liar
It's On
Seems Wrong, Feels Right
Something New
Last Straw
Retaliation
A Losing Game
Preview
A/N
A/N

Destroyed

15.3K 680 87
By kaylexo

Very short and dry chapter. Excuse all errors, vote, & comment!

Kaydence's POV

"Long story short, that nigga Dontae is dead. He was the one who kidnapped her but Ayriel made her lose the baby. I gave her three to the dome." I said to Los, telling him what went down before I got here.

"This is straight bullshit bro. Daniella ain't deserve no shit like that man and then they take my nephew. . that's fucked up." He toked the blunt and then passed it back to me.

"Shit is beyond fucked up and it's crazy because killing them ain't even make me feel better. I'm ready to get the fuck out of Baltimore for good." There was nothing in Baltimore for me, foreal. This place was a fucking jungle and I didn't belong here.

"Word. I feel you but aye, you did it in a sneaky way, right?"

I shrugged, "Nah. I just did it to be honest. That bitch and Dontae set this shit up to make my son die if you ask me so I don't give a fuck. . It's worth going to jail over." He looked at me stupid. Shit, maybe he could tell that this shit was driving me insane but then again, it probably couldn't be seen on the outside.

"I wanna see Daniella man. ." Los said sadly. I grabbed my keys off of the table and nodded before getting up and heading for the door. A part of me wanted to be with her but the other half of me wanted to be alone. I felt like I needed some time to myself in order to get this shit through my brain. . the simple face that my son was taken before I had a chance to even meet him was eating me alive.

The ride to the hospital was silent and once we arrived, Los got out first, rushing to the entrance while I took my time, not really wanted to go in anyway. Stopping the tears that were getting ready to fall, I got out and made my way inside.

"Daniella Rodriguez," I walked in and saw that Los waited for me at the receptionist area. He gave her name and the receptionist directed us to the room by giving us the room number.

"You good?" He asked me as we went up in the elevator. I was guessing that he could tell that I wasn't right. "Nah, I'm not even finna lie." He shook his head, not knowing what to say while we headed down the hall and into the room.

Daniella was up, just staring at the wall. A rare tear rolled down my face once our eyes met. The vibe in here was so damn negative but that was until I walked over to her, taking her into my embrace as she began crying.

"I was supposed to protect you. I'm sorry." I said a little above a whisper as my guilt overrode my pain. "We gone try again, even though it won't be him. . he'll always be here in spirit." She never said anything. She just cried on my shoulder while Los waited for us to finish having our moment.

"Hey Los. ." He walked over to us and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry abou-"

"It's fine. . did you tell mom and dad?"

"Nah, I will." He pulled his phone out as he headed for the door.

"He looked like you. . a damn spitting image." She said with a weak smile plastered on her face. I swallowed the huge lump in my throat and smiled back at her.

"He was gon' look and act like his daddy. ." I chuckled. "But are you okay? Like physically?"

"I guess. . I still have a headache and my 'you know what' hurts a little."

"Dani, I wanna try again. We have to."

"I- Not right now. I'm still trying to get over the fact that all of this happened."

I understood where she was coming from and honestly, I was taking things better than she was so giving her more than enough time to get over it wasn't a problem at all, as long as we did try again later on.

"I feel you. . I love you."

"I love you too. I need you to stick by my side. . we have to stay and get through this together." She pleaded.

"You know I got you. I got us." I took her hand into mine. I couldn't leave her if I wanted to.

Carlos' POV

I waited for my parents to arrive and then the three of us headed back up to Daniella's room. My mom's expression was unreadable while my dad was clearly hurting.

The two of them went into the room and I trailed behind, giving them some time alone with her, not surprised to see Kaydence came out seconds later, his eyes red and puffy.

"You good bro?" I asked him once again. "Yeah, needa hit this blunt before I go crazy though." He headed down the long hallway.

Fifteen minutes had passed before he came back and started talking to me about him getting back in the streets and I couldn't tell if it was the weed talking or his normal self but I figured that it was the weed. . He always ran his mouth when he was high.

"I was telling you to come back, wasn't I?" I asked him. Niggas out here really missed him and from what I heard, he was the plug for a lot of little niggas who simply enjoyed getting high.

"Yeah. I got too though. This ain't bouta work."

"Why? Something happened?" I questioned. "Nah, I just needa get back on my sh-" My dad cut our conversation short by opening the room door and motioning for Kaydence to come in. He followed and I stood in the same spot in the hallway.

Omniscient's POV

"We didn't wanna leave you out there when this situation has to do with you too. ." Mr. Rodriguez said to Kaydence. Kaydence nodded in understanding and then went to stand next to Daniella who was wiping away stray tears.

Mrs. Rodriguez kept her head down, looking at Daniella and rubbing her hands through her hair. She never said anything to Kaydence even though she knew that a simple "I'm sorry for your lost" wouldn't hurt.

"Did the doctor's tell you anything about how or why this could've happened?" She asked Daniella, pretending that she cared.

"My placenta, it was damaged."

"What? How did it get damaged?" Daniella was hesitant to answer and then began looking at Kaydence nervously. His face said nothing, showed no signs or nervousness, only sadness and maybe a pinch of anger.

"Sweetie. . why are you looking at him? Kaydence, did you do something to her?" She asked. Mr. Rodriguez etched closer to Kaydence and he too was waiting for an answer.

"No! He didn't do anything. I was ju- I was looking to make sure that he was okay before I talk about it." She lied, giving her parents reassurance. "I had an accident at the house, slipped in the shower and the next thing I knew, I was bleeding."

"The new house? This is why I've been telling you to stay where you were. If you were familiar with your surroundings, you wouldn't have slippe-"

"Let's not do this." Mr. Rodriguez cut her off. He knew how his wife could get and by the way she was eyeing Kaydence, he also knew where this was heading.

"No, no. I'm gonna do it this time Daniel. Kaydence, you are destroying her!" Kaydence scrunched his face up at what she said and was trying his hardest not to disrespect this woman, especially not at a time like this.

"Destroying her? Mannn wh-"

"Kaydence, please. . Mama, are you serious?"

"Honey, let's give them some time alone. You can't do this." Mr. Rodriguez tried to talk her into leaving but she wouldn't budge.

"I can't do what? This is my daughter and I'm going to protect her from guys like this! You will not destroy her!" She pointed to Kaydence.

"Man, fuck this shit! You wanna protect your daughter? Go ahead since I failed at doing so." Dani, her dad and her mom yelled over each other as Kaydence stormed out and walked towards the elevators. He could hear Los behind him but didn't bother turning around, he was really about to say fuck this shit. He was stressed out as it is and Mrs. Rodriguez wasn't making it any better.

"That kid and Daniella are facing the same problem. ." Daniella's dad said, trying to knock some sense into his crazy ass wife.

"They both lost a child. They both are going through it right now so why couldn't you just take it easy on him? He's under enough pressure." He told her and shook his head, showing that he was disappointed in her behavior.

"Yeah. I don't think she understands but I'm about to get some sleep." Daniella said, holding back tears that seemed as if they'd never stop flowing. Bad luck was in the air and she was catching all of it.

Kaydence's POV

I was tired of being the bad guy all of the time. I knew that part of this was because of what I had done in the past and that itself was fucking with me but for Daniella's mom to come to me with some fuck shit, talking about me destroying her daughter was over the top crazy.

I was already feeling some type of way but I swear, the lady made me wanna pack my shit up and get ghost on everybody and it was a shame that she could push me that far.

"Alright. . Ima tell you now." I said to my mama while I tried to put Karcyn to sleep. "What is it?"

"Dani lost the baby." She sighed and her voice weakened as she spoke, "I'm so sorry son." She sat next to me.

"It's all good, I guess. I don't know where to go from here. . I need some sense of direction."

"Talk to God." She said. This was always her answer and it always worked.

"As a matter of fact, let's go to church on Sunday. . Me, you, Dani, and Karcyn."

"Nah. Just us three. I don't think Dani ah go."

"Why?"

"We kinda got into it. . Me and her mam- Well no, her mama snapped on me."

"What do you mean?" She asked. "She basically said that I was destroying Dani so what you think that mean? She want me gone right?"

"Gone my ass. That expensive ass house you just purchased. . tell her to fuck off." She said, her inner-savage coming out.

"You know I don't like nobody fucking with my kids. . Don't make me call her."

"Nah, its not that serious ma. . Ima just give that shit a break. I can't do it." I knew that I promised not to leave but how I was feeling, all things had to go and I was bouta try to stay to myself for a good lil' minute if I could.

Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 870 25
There's a mystery guy named Brandon but also known as "Murky". He's silent to most and very unapproachable at his new school. When he's out of school...
24.3K 1K 47
As Twenty year Old Diamond Baker Enter A New World Of Work, Family, Friends, Adult Hood, And This Thing Called "Love". She Has To Manage To Keep Her...
1.7M 11.9K 6
*Heighest ranking 26th in Love, 1st in General Fiction, and 1st in Tragedy, as well as no#1 in mystery* When you're the most feared and powerful Ital...
265K 8K 40
Mahogany is a young innocent 17 year old girl who is in her final year of school. She's got her best friends around her so nothing could possibly go...