『 A Life Lost Is A Life Given...

De IveGoneCompletelyMad

Working in a morgue is quiet and peaceful. But what if it A 25 year old human uses her job as an excuse to he... Mais

Part 1: Meet Eve
Part 2: Hello Again
Part 3: We Enjoy Tearing People Apart
Part 4: Are You Scared?
Part 5: I Can Live Neither With You Nor Without You
Part 6: A Bag Of Sugar
Part 7: Mask
Part 8: A Ghoul's Auction
Part 9: Blood Bath
Part 10: Can I Trust You?
Part 11: A Life Lost Is A Life Given
Part 12: Gaiji Keisatsu
Part 13: The One Responsible
Part 14: No Face
Part 15: Out In The Open
Part 16: Information
Part 17: Passing The Time
Part 18: We're Okay
Part 19: Kind Gestures?
Part 20 - Outsider
Part 21: Angry Impulse
Part 23: Please Come Home
Part 24: Slaughter House
Part 25: Let's Keep It Interesting
Part 26: Living With Him
Part 27: A Ghoul In Human Skin
Part 28: Hangover Hell
Part 29: A Corpse Not Worth Seeing
Part 30: A Live Experience
Part 31: Nothing
Part 32: So This Is The End?

Part 22: Selfish And Conceited

1K 35 0
De IveGoneCompletelyMad

I kicked the small dog from under my legs with a scowl as I fought with the hem of the jeans I was trying to peg on the line. I didn't know if I was angry with the dog or the fact that Uta's waistband is smaller than mine. Skinny bitch... I sighed as I finally got them pegged up and picked up the socks from the top of the basket, copying my previous actions. Uta was with a client in the shop so I decided to get out of the way before he asked me to help with his tedious job once more and do something a little more active, like laundry. This is the first time I've done both of our dirty clothes though and I guess I am feeling a little pissed at how slim this man actually is. I mean I'm not fat or anything, but no girl likes to know the guy she's living with is thinner then her; its just drilled into our heads by social media. And like everyone else I'm roped into it.

"Does he own anything that isn't grey or black?"

"I have a few white shirts, I don't wear them that often though because they get dirty easy with my type of work."

I glanced over my shoulder with a deadpan stare before turning back to the grey tank top I was hanging.

"Yeah and my job is so clean..."

Uta's hand dipped into the wash basket before holding up my damp pink night shirt in front of his form, his head tilting curtly at me.

"Do you think I'd suit something like this then?"

"Hm, I don't think it's your colour. But I would love to see that."

I laughed lightly before taking the negligee from his fingers and pegging it up alongside the other dripping clothes.

"I'd love to see it too, I never knew you would wear pink."

"I may be a goth but I am still a girl Songbird."

"I see... So if I wear it does that mean I get to see you in it?"

My lips curled into a smile as I tilted my head back to stare at the taller male, his eyes giving nothing away to me.

"Help me with the laundry first and then we'll talk."

"I would, but I have to get to work on a mask shortly."

I blinked brown eyes lightly, so once his client left he came to check on me? He was worried? So that earlier was him trying to cheer me up? I smiled brightly, turning my face away and back to the jeans I was pegging up to hide it from the ghoul.

"Fine then I can manage alone, honestly I'm just keeping busy. We need clothes after all."

"Do we?"

"I do. You can do what you want."

"Hm, I don't think it would be much fun if I was the only naked one though."

"Then go find someone naked to be naked with."

My smirk fell as I was gripped around the wrist and turned to face the taller ghoul, his face was as stoic as ever, but his eyes looked dark. What the hell did I say? I clicked my tongue at the male as my head lolled to the side gently.

"Chill I was only joking around."

He remained still for a moment before a gentle smirk pressed against his lips, covering the dark look instantly.

"Shame, because I found someone I want to be naked with."

I sighed lightly, relieved to see he was back to his old joker self but annoyed that this conversation was still on going. It was embarrassing... but like hell I'd let him know that; he'd keep at it otherwise. But more then anything I'm glad to see that darkness leave his eyes... did my words really bother him that much? I reached my free hand up, brushing it along the shorter left side of his hair and feeling the Velcro like texture between my fingers.

"This is ready for a shave Songbird, it's going to look untidy if you don't do it soon."

Tattooed fingers reached up to grip mine, pressing them father into his scalp as he smiled gently at me.

"Then do you think you'd be willing to do it for me?"

"You're a grown man Songbird, you can do your own hair."

I sneered at him and pulled my fingers back, turning away from his teasing grin to pick up the empty wash basket and make my way over to the door, stopping to look over my shoulder at the male who hadn't taken his eyes from my form.

"Get some work done and then we'll talk."

I turned back and walked into the shop, shifting myself upstairs to the apartment where I dropped the basket carelessly in the bathroom before glancing at my reflection in the mirror. I looked... tired. I grumbled to myself before walking to stand in front of said mirror and pull at one of my panda eyes, looking at the dark ring in full detail. I suppose I have been pretty sleepless lately with all that's been going on. I've been in the world of ghouls for as long as I can remember... they have pretty much always been in my life, but not like this. I know they are dangerous... but what isn't? Most things in the world are dangerous, humans are just more aggressive towards ghouls because we are not at the top of the food chain any longer... such a selfish and conceited species we are... but survival is always a species' top priority regardless. I help ghouls to achieve that survival, everyone has a right to live after all. But I've never come across a ghoul... anyone really... that's wanted me dead just for the sake of it. But can I really call it cruelty when this Bull Horn is merely looking out for his organisations members? I have no clue who he is or what he looks like, so I'm no threat to him. He's just looking out for his... family? No, I wouldn't call it that... but he needs the members to continue hunting and killing humans for survival. No... not survival... fun. They are killing for sport... like fox hunting. A selfish and conceited species they are... I grumbled to myself before stepping away from the mirror and digging through my deep pockets to fish out my phone, scanning through the list of people before stopping once Renji's name was highlighted blue and hitting the call button before pressing the phone to my ear. It rang once... twice...

"Yeah?"

"Hey Renji, can we meet up for a bit?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I swirled the coffee around my cup as I stared down at the milky contents, avoiding the look I knew I was receiving from the steel eyed ghoul in front of me. He seemed to be guarded the moment I walked through his front door, being confused when I declined his offer to meet me at Anteiku but rather his place where it was quieter and no one would over hear us.

"You don't have to glare at me like that you know."

"Then give me a reason not to. Why are you here Eve?"

"Kind as always I see..."

"Eve."

I sighed heavily before leaning back onto the bed, one of my hands supporting me as I took a sip of coffee to moisten my throat.

"I don't want you to get involved in the fight with the Gaiji."

Renji grunted to himself before placing his mug down with a sigh.

"So you spoke with Kouga then?"

"Yeah."

"And?"

I shrugged my shoulders and lent forward to place down my own mug beside his.

"And nothing, I just don't want you involved in a battle that doesn't concern you."

"So he didn't say anything to suddenly bring this on?"

"He told me you would be fighting."

I narrowed my eyes at the male, leaning father forward and folding my hands in my lap to clench my fingers together. How the hell is he not getting this?

"You've always been a secretive man Renji and I've never pushed anything, but if you don't have anything to do with them then don't get involved."

He remained silent as he stared me down, his eyes narrowing to mirror my own.

"I have my reasons."

"Your sister?"

I regretted it as soon as I said it. His eyes turned away from me for a second before flitting back to my form and standing to his feet with a trademark grumble. I couldn't back down now though after one slip of the tongue.

"Renji, I don't want to see you dead at my morg-"

My words were cut off as his large hand clamped over the lower half of my face, covering it like a mask as my body was thrown backwards from the strength behind him. I lay still on the bed, staring up at the man hovering over me with waiting eyes as he stared down at me with an expression I couldn't read.

"You like to stick your nose everywhere don't you? So you know that Irano is related to that useless man now? The one who let my sister die?"

I blinked lightly, still unable to say anything for his large hand. She died?

"My reasons for destroying the Gaiji have nothing to do with that though, that bastard Arima will pay for my sister. But the Gaiji has more to do with you. You are alive and I want to keep it that way; that's all. I will fight to kill and I won't hold back or regret. You are not going to get involved and you are not going to stop me."

I lay still, staring into his steel eyes and trying to breathe though my nose with mild struggle from hi index finger covering the opening slightly.

"Not going to fight back?"

I remained still, I had no reason to fight him; as futile as it may have been. He was doing what he believed to be right much like I was. I breathed a heavy sigh through my nose before opening my mouth as much as I could and sticking my pierced tongue out to lick his palm, watching as his eyebrow creased in annoyance before pulling his hand away and wiping it on his jeans.

"I see why ghouls are reluctant to eat their own kind, you taste like sweat."

The ghoul stared at my grinning face, a soft smile making its way to his lips before he removed his larger form from my own to sit back in his chair in a less threatening manner.

"What is wrong with you?"

"A shorter list is what's right with me."

"No, that's a long list."

"Hm?"

I tilted my head at the ghoul who was looking away from me, his eyes glued to the almost empty coffee mugs with a frown.

"Renji?"

I caught the males attention, smiling at him gently before standing to my feet. I would ignore what he just said, it seemed like he didn't want me to hear it any way...

"I guess I can't stop you from going to this fight huh? So instead I want you to remember this."

He stared hard at me as I pointed an accusing finger in his face, almost hitting his nose in the process as my eyes narrowed into serious slits.

"You come back alive. You come back with Kouga and Yuma and we'll all go for coffee with Songbird."

His eyes shifted from my finger to my eyes, a soft smile being fought back as he gripped my fingers to move them from his line of sight.

"Got it."

With a grin I turned on my heel and made my way over to the door, stopping just before I reached it.

"I'm sorry about your sister Renji, I understand how you feel."

"No, you don't."

I tilted my head back to face him as his eyes were cast to the ground.

"You forgave the one who murdered your brother when you shouldn't have."

I rose an eyebrow before laughing lightly and catching the silver haired males attention.

"No? I think I should have. After all I met the guy and he is pretty awesome, even though he can act like he has a stick up his ass."

Renji looked at me with an unreadable expression as I turned back to the door and left his home, not waiting for a reply; not like I'd probably get one. He was never good with the sentimental stuff after all. A heavy sigh left my lungs as I made my way over to the train station, I'd say this was a useless trip... he's still going into this fight. But it was nice speaking with him properly for the first time since... then.

My feet were suddenly flung from underneath me, my shoulder hitting the brick wall to my right as I slid down it painfully to the ground, my flesh tearing and sticking to the jagged pats of the brick. I titled my head with a sneer to look into Kakugan eyes I didn't recognise.

"Well I got lucky! I found the lil' bitch! Boss'll give me a grand present for this! Ahaha!"

The blonde male reached down and took a handful of my duo coloured hair in his fingers, forcing my head up to meet his features.

"Don't worry, I won't kill ya just yet. I have to take ya to boss first and get my praise!"

Such a selfish and conceited man...

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

329K 11.3K 19
[Tokyo Ghoul Fanfic] [Kaneki Ken x Reader] You passed the scene of the crime and followed the man who got injured. His life was saved from your repor...
209K 6.5K 24
(Y/n) hates being a ghoul, and Uta wants her back to the ghoul she used to be. Can he help her go back to what she once was?
18.2K 733 27
Warning: This Story Contains Harmful and Trigger Warning. You Have Been Warned (Y/n) (L/n) is a very powerful ghoul. Unlike any other. She's also s...
97.9K 2.9K 44
WARNING : MY VERY FIRST BOOK & BAD WRITING !! • ken kaneki x female ghoul ! reader • BOOK 1