Summer with the Queen

By Timed123

Meet Reagan a normal seventeen year old girl from Australia. she has an older brother Macaulay who's nineteen... More

Summer with the Queen/authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Final
Sequel Info

Chapter 10

510 11 0
By Timed123

I woke up to Macaulay and Logan sitting on me, mind you it was 7am and usually I’m a morning person but this morning I wasn’t.

“Get your ass up now Reagan Anne Prairie” Macaulay practically yelled into my ear.

It must be serious if he is pulling out the full name card.

“Fine I’m up, why are you both up this early anyway?" I replied still groggy from sleep.

“Well little cousin I’m leaving today and you and your brother are taking me to the airport” this time Logan said sarcastically.

“Why this early, seriously I thought you weren’t a morning person Logan”

“Well this was the earliest flight I could get home and well yeah” he said as both of them walked out of my room.

“We leave in 5mins so be ready” Macaulay yelled as he was walking away.

I got up and proceeded to put on some jeans and a long sleeved shirt with a jacket, and walked out into the living room of Dan’s apartment.

“Good your ready, let’s go” Macaulay said hurrying me out the door.

We left Dan's apartment and headed out to the airport where we would meet up with mum and dad so they could say goodbye to Logan and to make sure he gets on the plane.

We got to the airport and headed straight into check in so Logan wouldn’t miss the check in time, before we went to find mum and dad.

They weren’t that hard to find as they were waiting by the security checkers waiting for us to get to them, and a plus they had hot chocolate for us all.

The call came over that the flight to Australia will be departing in 10minutes; we all said our goodbyes to Logan and watched as he walked through the security point and through to the other side to the tarmac.

With Logan gone, Macaulay and I left back to Dan’s apartment to pack our bags and head back to the cottage with mum and dad; Dan was staying at his apartment for another day as he didn’t have to work until the Monday.

We left the apartment and headed back to the cottage to see grandmother and grandfather and to relax before the busy part of our stay came.

We arrived back to the cottage, to the smell of toasted sandwiches that grandmother made, we all sat around the table talking when Macaulay piped up.

“So what’s the plan for the rest of the day?” he asked

“Well good thing you asked, well your mother and I are going to visit my old friend from school, who is in town and catch up, while you two are going to spend time with your grandparents because I know you both have been dying to catch up with them.” Dad said

It has been a while since the four of us, meaning Macaulay, grandmother, grandfather and I have had a chance to spend time together since we have been here so when dad said he and mum were going out, Macaulay and I looked at each other before smiling like we were reading minds.

“About time we finally get to spend time with our grandchildren” grandmother said excitedly.

Mum and dad left not long after lunch, leaving the four of us at the cottage to spend time with each other, we mostly talked about what’s been happening back home, how netball and football was going as well as school and university which was good, before we were asking how it was going being the Queen and King and all the other stuff that goes with being in that role.

******************

It was later in the afternoon when I asked both my grandparents if it was ok that I go and ride Locket, they both agreed and Macaulay also asked if he can come too which I said was ok because I knew Cross was missing him.

We both headed out of the stable and headed towards the lake on the other side of the property.

“Wow I forgot how good it was here” Macaulay said captivated from the view in front of us.

“Yeah I love this part of the property, remember all the times we would come here when we were younger and play” I said remembering the good old days spent here when we were younger.

“Yes I remember remember the time when I was chasing you into the water?” Macaulay said looking at me.

“Uh no I don’t remember that one, when was that?” I asked trying to remember when that was.

“NOW, better start running Rea” he said laughing and getting off the horse.

Crap he was serious; I quickly got off Locket and started running towards the water, trying to escape Macaulay who was gaining on me, even though I had a head start. I guess all that football training is helping him in this situation, unfortunately for me it wasn’t as he quickly gained on me and grabbed me putting me over his shoulder.

“MACAULAY WILLIAM PRAIRIE, PUT ME DOWN NOW” I screamed as he had me over his shoulder dangling me over the water.

“If you say so” he said before dropping me in the water, drenching me from head to toe.

“Oh it’s on now Macaulay” I said frustrated, before walking over to a smirking Macaulay and pushing him into the water.

Well that started a massive water fight between the two off us. By the time we finished fighting, we slowly started to walk out of the water that was until I pushed Macaulay back into the water and ran off, and well that started round 2 of the water fighting.

We finally got out of the water, looking like drowned rats, before heading over to the horses and getting on them and heading back to the cottage for dinner.

********************

We got back to the cottage and saw that mum and dad were back so we decided to sneak in the backdoor so we wouldn’t get caught for being drenched.

That soon backfired, because as we were walking towards the backdoor, grandfather was standing there holding towels for the pair of us smiling like he knew what happened.

“Well well well what do we have here?” grandfather said still smiling.

Both Macaulay and I looked at each other then at grandfather before I finally spoke up.

“How did you know that we would be drenching and walking towards the backdoor?” I asked.

“well I was sitting in the lounge room and I just happened to look up from the TV and saw the pair of you walking past the window soaking wet, so I quietly got up and headed to the backdoor with towels, because I know this place like the back of my hand and the backdoor is the only place that can’t be seen from the kitchen and lounge room where everyone was sitting and well there you go” grandfather said answering my question.

“Thanks grandfather” Macaulay said looking at grandfather who was still in the door way.

“Well I suggest that you both go and clean yourselves up before coming down for dinner, and don’t worry I saw nothing” grandfather said looking at us both.

Macaulay and I looked at each other and nodded before we walked over to grandfather and hugged him getting him a little wet in the process, luckily we were wearing towels.

We soon snuck into the house via the backdoor and headed to our rooms to get changed.

20 minutes later we both walked into the dining room and joined the rest of the family for dinner, which was vegetable bake, both Macaulay and my favourite.

The dinner discussion was rather interesting tonight, as we all talked about what we did today, dad had told us how he saw his old friend from school and that he was going to come and visit us in Australia when we get back, before grandmother told mum and dad what we talked about, before everyone turned their heads towards me and Macaulay and waited for us to tell them what we did.

Macaulay decided to tell them what we did but decided to leave the water fights and sneaking in, out of the discussion, because if our grandmother found out that we walked into the house soaking wet, we would be in serious trouble.

I decided to head to my room not long after dinner so I could Skype Kylie and Sienna and head to bed early because I was tired from the long day.

-----------------------------

vote

comment

please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 60 59
Hi, everyone! First of all I'm totally new at this and after reading so many interesting, funny and romantic Stories, I decided to write a Story too...
141 6 14
sire is now 15 starting her freshman year. her love for her parents and books still exists with her brother Winslow. Will she fit into the kingdom...
82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
116K 1.6K 57
Part 2 of Life Line. DeAnn has to cope with being a single mother and potentially becoming Queen. Will she be the next reigning monarch of the Kingdom