An Alpha's Love

By solsticed

"You're mine," he growls lowly, bringing me back into his warm embrace. "I don't understand," I whisper as a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 19

25.2K 693 97
By solsticed

"Oh em gee," I pronounce each word, stumbling over to Asher. "If he comes, then it'll be a real party!"

Asher rolls his eyes, catching me when I almost fall over. "You three should know better than getting a seventeen year old drunk."

"Bitch, Anna is eighteen!" Natalie laughs, as if that makes it okay. She comes over to the foyer and grabs my arm, pulling me back to the living room.

I look back and Asher is rubbing his temples with his fingers. "C'mon Asher try some!" I yell, holding up and shaking my almost empty bottle of Kinky Blue.

"I can't believe you–" Asher starts to rant, but I tune him out and start dancing again. All the problems that I have had to deal with this past week or so are the last things on my mind right now.

Then I hear a loud noise, but I don't have the time to process what it is before arms wrap around my waist. I focus my attention on dancing against the person holding me. "Dip me!!" I say, closing my eyes.

The person holding me seems to think about it for a few seconds but soon complies and I'm suddenly upside down. A giggle escapes my lips and I open my eyes as I'm tugged back to my feet.

I come face to face with Braxton's darker than normal blue eyes. I can tell he doesn't look happy, but I don't care. "Do you want to try some?" I ask him excitedly, holding up the blue bottle.

Braxton looks down at the alcohol before growling softly and snatching it out of my hands. He glares at me and the smile falls off my face.

"Are you mad at me?" I ask, pouting.

Braxton's eyes soften as he looks down at me. He reaches up with one hand and runs his thumb across my pouting lips. He sighs, "No, princess, I'm not mad at you."

I grin up at him, pulling myself out of his arms. I'm surprised I was able to, as his hold is usually rock solid. Braxton looks at me like he wants to pull me right back, but before he can do anything, I grab one of his hands and spin around in circles a few times.

I was only trying to get back in the mood, annoyed by the boys' rude interruption, but instead, I feel bile rising up in my throat. "Oh god," I breathe, bringing a hand up to my mouth.

In a second, I'm in a powder room, leaning over a toilet, puking my guts out for the second time in a mere few hours. This time, however, it's Braxton who is holding my hair away from my face. When I'm finished, I look over my shoulder, trying to thank him. But before I even start talking, I realize that in my drunken state, my words are going to be really slurred, and most likely completely unintelligible, so I opt for a smile instead.

When I do, I see Braxton's look of concern and mild anger transform into a beautiful smile of his own. Even in this state, I can feel the blood rush to my cheeks. Braxton helps me over to the sink so I can clean myself off. When I'm finished, I try to leave the powder room to go back to Natalie, Jordyn, and Annabelle, but instead I stumble directly into Braxton's arms. I feel his lips skim against my temple before I'm suddenly pulled into his arms and he is carrying me back out into the living room. I sigh and rest my head against his chest, feeling surprisingly comfortable.

I've nearly passed out when I hear Braxton's angry voice growl out "I'll deal with you three later."

I furrow my eyes in confusion when suddenly cold air whips against my body and I shiver, pulling myself closer to Braxton's warm. His arms tighten around me and I can help but let out a relaxed sigh.

"You're okay, princess, you can go to sleep. I've got you," I hear his soft voice murmur.

I close my eyes and comply, falling asleep to his heartbeat like it's a lullaby.

~*~

Braxton's Point of View

I'm not going to lie and say that it didn't hurt that Brynlee wanted to go to Asher and Natalie's house after she had been told the truth about everything. It was painful knowing that my own mate wanted nothing to do with me, even now that she knows that we are meant to be together.

I shake my head, reminding myself that she was raised as a human. She's overwhelmed. I can't blame her or myself for any of this. A growl leaves my throat as I remember who I can blame: Sebastian.

I close my eyes, trying to rid my thoughts of that bastard, and instead think of my beautiful mate. Even though she hasn't warmed up to me in the slightest, I still can't help but turn into a love struck pup every time I am in her presence.

"Alpha!" Asher voice is in my mind suddenly, and I shoot up, worry wracking through my body.

"What?" I send him, growling as I make my way out of the office in my home. He hasn't even told me what is wrong, but I'm already making my way towards his house, towards my mate.

"The Luna is drunk... very drunk," he explains, sounding angry, even over the mind link.

I growl again, breaking into a sprint. My mind is filled with thoughts of Brynlee throwing up, or even dying of alcohol poisoning. My wolf fights to come out, to shift, but I hold back, knowing that I can make it there on two legs almost as quickly as I can on four. And I don't want to frighten my mate either.

In less than a minute, I'm in Asher and Natalie's home. I push passed my Beta, eyes landing on my mate. She's dancing in the middle of the room, and I can't help but notice just how beautiful she looks. But then my eyes zero in on the bottle in her hands. I can smell alcohol, even from where I am, and I can tell my mate has had a lot to drink... too much to drink.

I growl loudly at the sight, angry that Natalie let my mate get this drunk. I can't help but feel the twinge of self-loathing... I'm a shitty mate for not protecting her. I'm next to Brynlee before I even feel myself move, wrapping my arms around her waist. I feel complete, but I try to focus on the matter at hand.

Brynlee starts to dance against me and I have to hold myself back. "Dip me!" she exclaims.

I don't want to, worried that it might make her sick. But I can hear the excitement in her voice, and I don't want to disappoint her either. With a sign, I dip her softly. The giggle that escapes her lips warms my heart and I pull her back up to my chest. She looks into my eyes with a smile and the urge to kiss her is overwhelming.

"Do you want to try some?" she asks me, her voice dripping with excitement.

I'm confused momentarily before she holds the bottle of alcohol up. The bottle is nearly empty and I growl, grabbing it. Did she drink all of that? My eyes narrow and I look up into her eyes, as if they will tell me the answer.

Brynlee pouts and I feel my heart melting. "Are you mad at me?"

I soften the look in my eyes, not wanting her to think that I'm unhappy with her. I can't help myself as I reach up and skim my thumb across her lip. Again, I want to press my lips to hers, but I hold back, knowing she would not appreciate that, especially when she's in this state. I sigh. "No, princess, I'm not mad at you," I tell her.

The smile that graces her lips makes my breath hitch and in my heart I know that I will do everything possible to see that smile on her face each and every day. As I'm distracted by my mate's beauty, she is able to pull herself out of my arms. I'm about to pull her right back, but she grabs my hand, before spinning around a few times.

I'm tempted to start dancing with her, right here right now, when she freezes. "Oh god," she mumbles, bringing a hand to her mouth. My eyes widen as I realize that she is going to throw up. I pick her up and bring her to the powder room, positioning her on top of the toilet so she can get it all out.

I grab her brown hair, pulling it away from her face so she doesn't get any vomit on the soft locks. My chest tightens as she throws up and I'm angry with myself for allowing this to happen. I watch her quietly, concerned.

But then, she looks at me over her shoulder, sending me a thankful smile, and I have not once felt happier. I smile at my mate in return, resulting in an adorable blush appearing on her cheeks.

I pull her over to the sink, so she can wash her face. She finishes and tries to leave the room, but I see her stumble and I immediately catch her, bringing her into the safety of my arms. With her so close to me, I instinctually press a soft kiss to her temple. I close my eyes momentarily, hoping that I didn't anger her, but when she doesn't say anything, I pick her up, cradling her against my chest. I know she'll never be able to walk home, and I don't want to miss an opportunity to hold her in my arms.

I walk out of the powder room, making my way to the front door. I glare at the drunk girls standing in the living room. "I'll deal with you three later," I growl, satisfied when their eyes widen in fear.

When I make it outside, a cool gust of wind makes Brynlee shiver in my arms. I'm about to pull her closer, when she does so herself. I look down at my beautiful mate and smile, tightening my arms around her. She sighs, her warm breath tickling my neck.

"You're okay, princess, you can go to sleep. I've got you," I tell her softly.

Based on her heartbeat and her breathing, I can tell that, after a minute, she has fallen asleep. I'm at peace, walking back with my mate to our home.

I had been convinced that I was going to find my mate within days of my first shift, most Alphas do. It was a long six years. My wolf was going crazy without a mate, and I wasn't doing much better. When I had heard that Asher had finally found his long lost sister, I was happy. The pack needed the good news. But when she walked into my office and I looked into her eyes... it was like my world stopped. I had finally found my mate; I was finally complete.

But, it was complicated. The fact that she didn't know that werewolves exist made it complicated. The fact that she didn't know that she is a werewolf made it complicated. The fact that she didn't know what a mate is, or that she was my mate, made it complicated.

I walk into our home and make my way upstairs to our bedroom as carefully as possible, not wanting to wake my sleeping beauty. I lay her on our bed, tucking her in, making sure she is as comfortable as possible. I can't help myself as I press a kiss to forehead, longing to kiss her lips, but knowing I can't.

It hurts me that she does not return any of my affections. And as much as I want to shower her in love during every waking moment, I know I can't. I don't want to overwhelm her. I did six years of waiting. I'll wait for as many more as I have to until she falls for me like I have for her. As long as I have her here, with me, I'm happy.

As I stare at my gorgeous mate, laying in our bed, I know without a doubt that I will never let go.

~*~

The video above is Say You Won't Let Go by Jame Arthur!  It's one of my favorite songs right now and inspired a few bits of this chapter!

I really hope that you guys liked this part!  I'll try to get the next chapter uploaded as soon as possible!

Thanks so much for all the reads, votes, and comments!  You guys are amazing!

- Nina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 42.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
230K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
613K 15.8K 28
After her pack was killed by Rogues, Laura becomes a part of the Blue Moon Pack when the Alpha takes her in. When her Guardian Bond to the Alpha's da...
316K 8.1K 33
I was looking at world through eyes so innocent they made me disgustingly blind, but thanks to you darling , i'm finally released from my innocent bi...