The Catalyst (GirlXGirl)

By LBrooks23

~COMPLETED~ In a world that is overruled with corruption and a new incurable disease sweeping through several... More

Chp. 1 "New Best Friend"
Chp. 2 "One Year Later"
Chp. 3 "Attraction"
Chp. 4 "A New Face"
Chp. 5 "Undeniable Feelings"
Chp. 6 "Change of Plans"
Chp. 7 "Close Call"
Chp. 8 "Realization"
Chp. 9 "Here's the Plan"
Chp. 10 "Good Guys and Bad Guys"
Chp. 11 "Finishing Up"
Chp. 12 "Oops"
Chp. 13 "Revelation"
Chp. 14 "Who Am I?"
Chp. 15 "What's Next?"
Chp. 16 "The Call"
Chp. 17 "Recruiting"
Chp. 18 "Last Day"
Chp. 20 "A Familiar Face"
Chp. 21 "And We're Off!"
Chp. 22 "A Friendly Chat"
Chp. 23 "Arrived"
Chp. 24 "Meet the Masons"
Chp. 25 "Eye Opener"
Chp. 26 "Close Call"
Chp. 27 "Home Sweet Home"
Chp. 28 "New Ability"
Chp. 29 "A Serious Talk"
Chp. 30 "Untimely Introductions"
Chp. 31 "Proper Introductions"
Chp. 32 "Preparation"
Chp. 33 "Convincing Lies"
Chp. 34 "Bad News"
Chp. 35 "Secret Skills"
Chp. 36 "Goodbyes"
Chp. 37 "Phase 1"
Chp. 38 "Finally Alone"
Chp. 39 "Deep Thought"
Chp. 40 "Doctor Henson"
Chp. 41 "Down Time"
Chp. 42 "Pursuing Phase 3"
Chp. 43 "Surprise"
Chp. 44 "Welcome to the Bureau"
Chp. 45 "The Lab"
Chp. 46 "The Truth Sucks"
Chp. 47 "Deep Conversations"
Chp. 48 "It's a Date"
Chp. 49 "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
Chp. 50 "Two-Sided Story"
Chp. 51 "Hard Work"
Chp. 52 "Great News"
Chp. 53 "Shocking Information"
Chp. 54 "Saving Avery"
Chp. 55 "Confessions"
Chp. 56 "Shocking Secrets"
Chp. 57 "Unexpected Call"
Chp. 58 "Old Wounds"
Chp. 59 "Training"
Chp. 60 "A Much Needed Talk"
Chp. 61 "Awkwad Introductions"
Chp. 62 "Business Meeting"
Chp. 63 "Late Night Talk"
Chp. 64 "Round Two"
Chp. 65 "Friendly Advice"
Chp. 66 "Forgive Me"
Chp. 67 "Morning After"
Chp. 68 "The Final Meeting"
Chp. 69 "The Plan's in Motion"
Chp. 70 "Mishap"
Chp. 71 "Plan B"
Chp. 72 "Escape"
Chp. 73 "The Final Chase"
Chp. 74 "Aftermath"
Chp. 75 "A Step Forward"
Chp. 76 "Welcome Home"
Chp. 77 "A New Beginning"

Chp. 19 "Rehearsal"

17.9K 736 55
By LBrooks23

Chp. 19 "Rehearsal"

Graduation rehearsal was the most boring thing I swear that was ever invented. I was sitting in my assigned seat as we were now being prepared to walk across the stage to "accept our diplomas." Luckily I didn't have to wait long because my last name was Brock and I would be one of the first to go up there. Then Max would follow up not long after with the last name Davidson, then Avery would have to wait nearly a lifetime with her last name.

My row stood, walking to the end of the row of chairs and preparing to walk across the stage. It wasn't a big deal now because of course this was just practice, but tomorrow morning would be the real thing. I knew walking across that stage would be one of the most frightening but most exhilarating experiences I would ever have.

People walked across the stage, accepting the fake diplomas and laughing as they were all giddy with excitement. Sure, I was excited, but honestly I was thinking more about after graduation. All four of us would be leaving almost immediately after and there was no time to bullshit around.

"Andrea Grace Brock!" I was soon snapped out of my trance as I was nearly shoved across the stage, shaking hands with the principal and ushered off back to my seat. I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I realized this was a waste of time, but it was required of us to be here.

I resumed walking towards my assigned seat and leaned back impatiently, pulling out my phone and texting Avery, "This really sucks."

I held my phone in my lap as I watched kids continue to walk across the stage, some of them looking even less excited than me.

Which was something I didn't think was possible.

I felt my phone vibrate, "How you think I feel? I have to wait an eternity!"

I smiled, sending a quick response, "How you think I feel? I have to wait for you!"

I knew we would be here until everyone was through but I loved to push Avery's buttons. She was always so feisty when she was fired up, and it turned me on. I glanced back, seeing her waiting impatiently as her eyes snapped up to mine. She gave me a sarcastic smile which I figured was a response to my text message, and I felt my phone vibrate once more.

I opened the text, "Keep it up and you'll be sleeping on the couch this weekend in the hotel room."

My heart hammered as I couldn't contain my smile anymore, this girl was just too much. I rapidly responded, "You wouldn't last long in that bed without me."

Her response was almost immediate, "You're right."

I felt my face redden at her text, knowing she was flirting with me even over text messages. I smiled, leaning back in my seat as I wondered what tomorrow would hold for us.

But for now it was graduation rehearsal, and the boredom would only grow worse.

~ ~ ~ ~

Avery, Max and I were finally walking out of the convention center which we were just rehearsing graduation in. I groaned, "This really did suck, two hours wasted when we could've been doing something awesome."

Avery looped her arm through mine and pulled me close, "Like what?"

Max nearly shouted, "Like eating! I'm frikkin starving..."

We got closer to my car that was waiting in the parking lot, and I heard Avery shout, "Shotgun!"

Max groaned, "Dammit..."

Avery joined me in the front while Max scooted into the back seat, speaking, "So where are we going eat? We are going eat right?"

I laughed, poor Max, always hungry. I nodded, "Yea, let's go to Dwight's café."

Max hissed in excitement, Avery just looked at me in confusion, "Dwight's café? I've never heard of it..."

Both Max and I looked at her in disbelief. Was she really being serious? Max and I almost said in unison, "You've never been to the best restaurant in Jacksonville, Florida?"

She rolled her eyes, "Well obviously, I just told you I've never heard of it!"

I was soon pulling up into the almost crowded parking lot as I grabbed Avery's hand, "They have the best food here, I swear to you."

Avery exited the car a little faster than Max and I and Max seemed to have the same idea as me. Dwight's had a policy that ever new customer had to order the most famous thing on the menu, and Max and I were going to make Avery do it.

We walked in, greeted by a petite girl that looked about 23, but she was wearing an apron. She smiled, "Welcome to Dwight's, booth or table?"

Max seemed to almost shout at the poor girl, "Booth!"

I knew this girl had caught Max's eye just by the way he was following her to the booth. He smoothed his shirt and ruffled his hair, trying to make himself a little more presentable. The girl turned and smiled, "My names Paige and I'll be your server, what can I get you guys to drink?"

Avery hadn't sat yet because she seemed to be sidetracked, "I gotta go to the bathroom but I want a root beer," then she headed towards the restroom.

She took Max's drink order and then turned to me, I smiled, "Water, and that girl that went to the restroom is a new customer, so you know what to do."

She smiled devilishly, as if this hadn't happened in a while, "So do you guys want to order now?"

Max and I did quickly, trying to have her leave before Avery returned so she would be surprised. I knew she wouldn't hate be for this but she might not be happy. Although, I knew she was going to like the special they would bring out for her.

Everyone loved it.

As soon as Paige left Max slammed his hands on the table, quickly grabbing my attention, "Andy... that girl... she's beautiful."

I watched Paige leave as her light brown hair swayed in a tight pony tail. I nodded, "She is, you should try to get her number."

He looked at me hard, "I would... but then that would be weird."

I laughed as Avery finally returned around the same time as Paige with our drinks. She handed Avery her root beer and me my water, then turning to Max with his tea. She smiled dashingly towards him, "Would you like some sugar?"

Then Max seemed to get lost in her eyes and completely forget about the world around him, "Yes... I really would."

He was in a dream and the poor girl was just doing her job as she gave him packets of sugar, and then suddenly leaving.

But not before I saw her blush.

Avery laughed a little, "Max?"

He poured the sweetener into his cup as he looked up into our eyes, "Yea?"

"You like our waitress?"

I saw him blush, and I knew he hated when Avery started with him, it usually ended up with both of them exchanging snide remarks.

Which was something I hated.

Then Avery hesitated, "Wait... did she even take our order?"

I nodded, "Yep, you were in the bathroom."

She looked at us in disbelief, "So I don't get food?"

I smiled, placing my hand on her thigh out of instinct, "I ordered for you, since you're a first timer. There a tradition here..."

Her face became stern, "You better not embarrass me Andy."

I ignored her and addressed both of them, "Are any of you thinking about what this summer is going to hold for us?"

Max shrugged, "I mean, I haven't really thought about it. We still haven't met your parents yet Andy... maybe after meeting them it may calm you down."

"But what if we learn things we aren't ready for?"

He shook his head, "Like?"

I shrugged, even though I didn't have a straight answer I was still pretty worried. I knew after this we would have to get serious about finding the Protection Bureau and what if the truth in finding them was even more dangerous than we thought? What if my real parents had no connection with them in the first place?

Avery must've seen me getting lost in my thoughts because she quickly placed her hand on top of mine. "You never know Andy, they might be able to help us out and get us right in touch with the P.B.S.B."

I tried not to worry myself to death because first thing was first. We just needed to focus on making it to Louisiana and meet my real parents. If they ended up knowing the Protection Bureau and giving us information about it then it would make our lives one hundred times easier.

And much safer.

Then as soon as we finished talking our food was set in front of us, and Avery's massive Dwight's Double D was sitting in front of her. She looked at me, "You honestly don't think I can eat all of this can you?"

I shrugged, "If you do it's free."

"Well how much is it?"

I smiled, "15 bucks, now eat up cause you only have an hour!"

She groaned, "15 bucks for a burger!?"

Max laughed, almost falling out of his side of the booth as we all dug in. I knew Avery wouldn't be able to eat the entire thing, I just ordered it because these were memories we were making.

We were laughing, enjoying the innocence that we three owned, knowing that after tomorrow we may not ever have those moments again. Or at least not for a long time, because I knew things were going to get serious.

I just had a gut feeling that meeting my real parents could possibly to open us up into an entirely new world we've never known.

And it scared the shit out of me.

***A/N***

Just dropping in and wondering how everyone is enjoying the story so far. I think we're all anticipating the meeting of Andy's real parents, am I right? Voting and commenting is GREATLY appreciated, I do TRY to recognize you guys but it gets to be a little hectic for me sometimes. My second college semester is about to start up again and honestly, it could be bad, good, or ugly. The last thing I want to do is disappoint my readers though, and I will try to find a safe and workable medium to keep up with my schooling and my writing. Thanks guys and love you all, have a good rest of the day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

899K 47.2K 67
In the distant future there are two powers that control Merridian city. The first: A dictatorship known as the Silver Sun, whose militant soldiers en...
6.1K 383 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
738K 25.3K 14
~COMPLETED~ Alexandra Grey, but more commonly going by Alex, is planning on attending the planned annual senior trip with her class to Rio de Janeiro...
The Ally By ESaraithewriter

Mystery / Thriller

137 7 17
It doesn't take much to set me off. I'm a ticking time bomb. I'm a black widow spider feeding on anyone and anything weaker than me. And I have power...