Freefall (Twilight | Maximum...

By FeatheredKids

There is something else lurking in Fork's forests other than the friendly Cullen's. When someone new and unex... More

Home Sweet Home
New Student
The Cullens
Getting To Know Edward
What Are You Doing Here
Moving In
Meeting The Parents
Not Completely Human
Vampires
Safe For Now
Tough Love
He's Interested
Confessing Feelings
Books, Music, and Love
First Kiss
Sweet Dreams
They've Found Me
Run
Alone
Phone Call
Safe Again
Reunion
Found So Soon
Making Plans
Leaving Home
A Long Way From Home
Death Valley
Ambushed
Another Birdkid
Taken
The School
Freedom
Sea of Edward
Human Comforts
Raptor Sight
Flying Lesson Number Uno
Quick Study
Horrors Upon Horrors
Surprise Visit

Realising Feelings

2.4K 100 0
By FeatheredKids

AN: Chapter eleven. Comment and vote please.

>|<>|<>|<

The rest of the day passed by uneventful. I learned more from the Cullens about vampires, and they learned more about me. As night fell, Edward showed me to the room I'd be staying in. Apparently it was a guest room, but now it was mine. I was glad, it'd been a long time since I had a proper roof over my head.

I was left to get ready for bed. I grabbed a pair of pyjamas from the dresser and changed in the bathroom connected to the bedroom. After I was finished, I stood staring at myself in the mirror.

What had brought me to this? How had the fates changed hands? I try to be normal and I get so much more. Part of me was happy, and the other part was wondering what I was getting myself into. Especially with the Cullens being vampires. Especially with Edward paying so much attention to me.

What was the saying? If a boy pays attention to you then it means he likes you.

Did Edward like me that way? The bigger question was did I like him that way? He was kind, funny, caring and so much more. I hoped our friendship would turn out to be more, because I realized I did like him that way. Honest.

I decided to go to bed, it was getting late. I dreamed happy dreams, of Edward and I getting together, of me having a happily ever after.

>|<>|<>|<

I got up early the next morning to get ready for school. As I showered and dressed—I've never been so clean in my life—I thought about my newly discovered feelings of Edward. This could work out, but there was a bigger chance of him rejecting me. I sighed and tried not to think about that.

I skipped downstairs, thinking about what I wanted for breakfast. Being part bird meant I ate a lot, so I was hoping there was plenty. When I entered the kitchen, there was heaps of food sitting on the dining table. I looked up to see Esme with a sheepish smile.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I made a little of everything," Esme said.

"This is great, thanks!" I said, enthusiastic. I sat down at the table and dug in.

I couldn't wait for school... and I sure hoped someday Edward would return my feelings.

After I was finished I ran up the stairs to grab my pack, only for Alice to block me.

"Here," she said, handing me a blue backpack. It was heavy. "I put everything you'll need in there. School supplies and all."

"Thanks," I said. I was grateful for this family's generosity.

I headed back downstairs and meeted up with the rest of the Cullens by the front door.

"Ready?" Edward asked me.

I nodded.

"Yes," I said.

I was more than ready to face the stares and whispers that would come from everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 81 10
[COMPLETE] One of the best vampire hunters in the world moves to Forks, Washington... What could possibly go wrong?
1.9K 65 10
"It was never a FUCKING FANTASY!" In which a teen is not who she appears to be. Views, Comments and Votes are appreciated! Started: 18/06/23 Finished...
3.7K 95 39
Madeleine James, a popular "mean" girl gets paired up with one of the schools outcasts for a projects that will change boths lives. Madeleine practic...
535K 15K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...