Nothing Is Forever [COMPLETE]

By KillyBearHugs

Fanfiction/Romance When a young singer's relationship and career falls apart, she vows to never fall In love... More

Character Profiles
Chapter 1: Dark Times
Chapter 2: Issues
Chapter 3: Truth Revealed
Chapter 4: First Impressions [ R & J ]
Chapter 5: First Impressions [ S & C ]
Chapter 6: Alone
Chapter 7: Colifer...?
Chapter 8: The Media Lies
Chapter 9: Guess Who's Back?
Chapter 10: Bonding
Chapter 12: Stay
Chapter 13: Rum and Relaxation
Chapter 14: Liar Liar
Chapter 15: Wrong Place Wrong Time
Chapter 16: Trust Is Key
Chapter 17: Life Goes On
Chapter 18: Christmas Is Nigh
Chapter 20: Dinner
Chapter 21: Jingle Bells & Good Bananas
Chapter 22: Bed of Lies
Chapter 23: The Drinking Games
Chapter 24: Banana Cocoroco Blunder
Chapter 25: Help Me Ryan
Chapter 26: Jealousy
Chapter 27: Tell All
Chapter 28: The FWB
Chapter 29: Not My Lover
Chapter 30: Brothers
Chapter 31: Closest Friends
Chapter 32: Parental Advisory
Chapter 33: AWKWARD
Chapter 34: New Year, New Plot Twists
Chapter 35: Falling in Reverse
Chapter 36: Comatose
Chapter 37: Giving Up On You
Chapter 38: Baby Daddy
Chapter 39: Since You've Been Gone
Chapter 40: Speak Of The Devil
Chapter 41: The Teacher
Chapter 42: Really Ryan?
Chapter 43: Getting Heated
Chapter 44: The Exam
Chapter 45: Thrill Seeker
Chapter 46: Go Away
Chapter 47: Good Things End
Chapter 48: Secret Lovers
Chapter 49: The Rebound
Chapter 50: Go Back to Her
Chapter 51: Suspicion
Chapter 52: Transfer
Chapter 53: He's Into You
Chapter 54: Tiffany's
Chatpter 55: The Kids
Chapter 56: Plotting and Scheming
Chapter 57: Valentine Heartbreak
Chapter 58: Brother V. Brother
Chapter 59: Running Out of Time
Chapter 60: Mrs. King
Chapter 61: Speak Your Mind
Chapter 62: Why take my word for It?
Chapter 63: Shield Your Eyes
Chapter 64: Good Woman
Chapter 65: Say Your Goodbyes
Chapter 66: No Colin Here
Chapter 67: Feelings Gone But Not Forgotten
Chapter 68: I Have No Regrets
Chapter 69: Déjà Vu
Chapter 70: Ryan - The Big EmbarrASSment
Chapter 71: Confession
Chapter 72: Come Again
Chapter 73: Hurting
Chapter 74: Talk To Me
Chapter 75: Cooling Down
Chapter 76: Alcohol & Tony Acker
Chapter 77: On Set Session
Chapter 78: Someone New
Chapter 79: Admit It
Chapter 80: Denial
Chapter 81: Everyone Seeks Approval
Chapter 82: Memories Last Forever
Chapter 83: Let's Talk
Chapter 84: Forever Yours
Chapter 85: We're Not Ok
Chapter 86: Leaving
Chapter 87: Tears of Love
Chapter 88: Crashing Waves
Chapter 89: Sinking Ships
Chapter 90: Mending Old Memories
Chapter 91: Callie Is Wonderful
Chapter 92: Wrong Side Of The Table
Chapter 93: Poisoned Love
Chapter 94: True Love Prevails
Chapter 95: Saint Patrick's Day
Chapter 96: The Wrong Feeling
Chapter 97: Do You Want Me?
Chapter 98: Reliving Past Mistakes, Building A Brighter Future
Chapter 99: Settling Down
In The End: Nothing Is Forever

Chapter 19: Family Reunion

173 13 16
By KillyBearHugs

POV: Savannah

————— December 25 —————

Reece and I didn't do much on Christmas Eve, or the days leading up to it. After the house party, we started prepping for our family members who were coming over. I made out a list of what we needed from the store so that Reece could go get the ingredients to get started in that.

  We also had to go buy a bigger table to put in the dining room because the one we had wasn't going to fit over 10 guests. Reece questioned why we needed a table that seated over 10 guests anyway and I told him it was mainly because I invited Colin.... and some other people. He didn't question me, even though he wanted to, and we ended up getting a table big enough to seat 12 guests.

Today, all we had to do was finish preparing some of the dishes and desserts. It didn't sound like a lot, but we ended up procrastinating for too long and rushing it all around 4:00.

"Savannah, how much should I put in the oven at one time?"

"However much will fit and be able to cook, Reece."

"Ok, can you set the table for me? I was thinking, we got this nice wine the other day, why not set a glass out at each of the spots."

"Sounds cool, how long does everything have to cook?"

"Like, 40 minutes—"

"Reece we don't have 40 minutes, we have 30 at most!"

"Listen! It's okay! Everyone isn't going to get here on the dot! We will still have time while waiting for everyone to get here."

I didn't have time to bicker with him anymore, I had to go pour the wine, set the table, and get the chairs in place.

After I finished that, I tried to help Reece clean up the pans and messy stains he made in the kitchen. We had just moved in and he place was already a wreck... It wasn't long into that when our doorbell rang, It was 5:03, I opened the door to see Reece's dad, sister, and my mom.

"Hey you guys!" I said, holding out my arms for hugs, "Reece is in the kitchen."

Reece came to the door as his dad, sister, and my mom began walking inside. I was just about to close the door until I saw Jen getting out of a car with her mom and dad.

"Reece," I said, motioning my head towards the car outside.

"Oh, cool thanks, perfect timing!" He said, "dad, Riley, Mrs. Newman, there are some people I'd like you to meet when they get inside."

Reece guided our family guests into the living room area, and I greeted Jen and her family as they came to the door.

"Hey Jen, glad to see everyone could make it today! Reece and his family are in the living room if you wanna go, the food isn't quite ready yet."

"Thank you Savannah," she said, showing her family into the house.

Another car pulled up as they began walking inside. It was Colin, and to think... we thought we would have time before everyone came. It was only 5:10 and almost everyone was already here. I waited by the door for Colin, invited him inside, and led him to the living room where everyone else had already migrated.

We walked in, and apparently, Colin was already pretty well known to Jennifer's family. Everyone got excited when he appeared. They all began saying hello, and walking over to give him hugs.

"Hello everyone, nice to see you," he said, in mid hug with Jennifer's mom. I think Reece was beginning to feel like he was in competition with Colin or something, judging by the look on his face.

"So! Jen," Reece began, "this is my dad, Jon, my sister Riley, and Savannah's mom Nicole! Dad, Riley, Mrs. Newman, Jen is my girlfriend. Colin works on set with Jen."

I looked over at Riley, who was sitting on the sofa, dumbfounded by Colin's smile, "Nice to meet you Colin," said Jon as he reached out to shake Colin's hand.

"Are you single?" Asked Riley, brushing her hair back from her face in an effort to seem cute. There was a knock on the door, interrupting her gaze.

"I'll get it," said Reece, "and Riley..... shut up."

Reece got up to answer the door and I stopped him on the way there, "I know who they are," I whispered, "just show them into the living room."

"Ok, no problem."

Jen began introducing her family to everyone, and the talking kind of turned into a jumble. Riley began chatting it up with Colin and I figured it was a good time to pull him to the side.

"Hey Colin, can I talk to you for a quick second?"

"Sure," he said, laying a hand gently on Riley's arm, excusing himself from the conversation. She practically died in place, "thank you for doing that Savannah, she's uh... nice but—"

"You don't have to lie Colin, she's not nice, she sleeps with everyone," I stated casually, "I got you a present..."

"Savannah you didn't have to—"

"Colin... I know how much you wanted to see your family."

"What?"

"Just turn around Colin," right as I said that, his father rounded the corner and his face lit up. Next came his mom, brother, and someone who I didn't know. Colin went over to greet them with tears in his eyes.

"Mom, dad, I didn't think I was going to see you this year! This is amazing!" He said, giving them both a big hug. He then began introducing them to everyone.

"This is my mom Mary, and my dad Con," he began, still overwhelmed with joy, "and this is my brother Allen, and my half-brother Ryan."

Half-brother Ryan? I thought to myself, I had no clue he had a half-brother. As everyone began talking amongst themselves, I decided to go into the kitchen and get all the food set out on the counters to serve the guests.

"Thank you Savannah"

I turned around to see Colin standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, no problem," I replied, "I just wanted you to be happy..."

"I'm way more than happy," he claimed, "the word happy doesn't even do me justice."

"Then why are you in here?"

"Well," he said, raising an eyebrow, "for one, I wanted to let them get to know your mom and Reece's family."

"Is your family pretty close with Jen's?"

"Yea, I'd say so," he replied, coming over to help me get the last few pans out of the oven, "number two, I just thought I'd say thank you again... it's probably the nicest thing anyone has done for me."

"I highly doubt that, and you don't have to keep thanking me Colin, seeing you happy, and knowing I helped that happen, is enough for me. You should go spend time with your family now, I've got —"

"Savannah," he grabbed my arm, and I turned around to face him, "Yes, my family makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with them, but you also make me happy. and every moment I'm with you..."

He trailed off, looking deep into my eyes. I couldn't help but smile as I felt all of the blood rush to my face, "Colin I think that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me..."

"I highly doubt that love."

His voice sounded so romantic.In a way I never noticed before... it was almost like a whisper. His hand brushed gently across my face and I closed my eyes as he leaned in. I could feel his breath and I knew our lips were moments away from touching.

"Savannah!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 878 37
Emma is stuck in an abusive relationship with her long time, rich boyfriend Neal. Killian is in too deep with a girl he hasn't loved for years, Milah...
Push By Aubrey

ChickLit

282K 14.6K 56
Gwen's life was perfect --- until it wasn't. After her husband's deception is revealed, the young mother must face a new reality without her childho...
84K 5.7K 33
Emma Swan thought that falling for a guy, at first sight, was impossible, until one day she met Killian Jones aboard a train. The strong and unexpec...
202K 6K 25
it's about a straight woman named Ashley who has been married since she was 23. She has started having fantasies about a young stud named Dee who she...