Gives You Hell (Dramione Love...

By toosmall808

First book in the GAUNT TRILOGY! Good girls are always the ones to go Bad. And once they go bad they don't ev... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Just the way you are
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14: Sexy and I know it
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: Addicted to You
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Confused
Authors Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Wide Awake
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Lilies
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35- locked in a Snow Globe
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 10: More Slytherin

27.5K 567 368
By toosmall808

Hey Everyone IM SOOO SORRRYYYY for the super long update! Really i am, its just that i have a big surprise for you all. In this chapter the Daily Prophet will come into being in my story and being creative and what not I created a website specifically for this story centering on the articles circulating around Hermione. Although i take no ownership of the Daily Prophet i do take ownership over the creative articles that i've come up with. If you wish to check it out click on the 'Open External Link' on the side >>>>>>>>>

if not heres the URL: 

http://gaunt-trilogy.weebly.com

_______________________________________________________________________________

Draco’s POV

November 3

“Ah, Draco my boy, step forward.” The Dark Lord said as he looked at me.

I kept my emotions under lock and key not daring to show just how frightened I was. I took a step forward out of the line I was in with the rest of the Death Eaters, my father to my left. I looked forward not wanting to look at the Dark Lord’s inhuman features. However the Dark Lord walked in front of me, stepping into my line of vision.

“I have a special job for you.” The Dark Lord began to say, hissing. He then glanced at my father. “Due to failed achievements from your father, I give you the chance to make up for his failures and repent. Can you handle that Draco?”

“Yes, my lord.” I replied robotically, obediently, wanting nothing more than to run away and never come back. But I couldn’t do that. I wouldn’t do that. I knew what he would do to my mother and even my father; as much as I was disgusted with my own father I still loved him. He was my flesh and blood, how could I not?

“You will kill Albus Dumbledore.” He said in a tone that sent shivers through my spine and made me feel on edge.

Kill Albus Dumbledore? Kill my headmaster? Kill the man who was the only person the Dark Lord feared? Kill a man? Could I kill? Could I even end a life?

“Yes, my lord.” I replied, still keeping my poker face on.

“But master he is far too young.” My Aunt Bella exclaimed stepping out of line. The Dark Lord tensed and snarled.

“Bella that is why he is perfect for the job!” He exclaimed not even rebuking her for stepping out of line. “Draco do you think you’re still a child?” The Dark Lord asked me, it took everything within me to slow my beating heart.

“No, my lord.” The words slipped from my tongue as if I had no say over my words.

“Everyone leave! I wish to discuss this matter with the Malfoy’s.” He said softly looking deep in thought but everyone heard him and disapperated as fast as they could. If I was able to do so I would’ve in a heartbeat. 

The Dark Lord paced, still seeming to be preoccupied with his thoughts. Only my father, Aunt Bella, and I remained out of all the Death Eaters. His snake Nagini looked at the Dark Lord intently, hissing and he did the same in reply. Finally he stopped and looked at me. His alien like features making me want to look away, but I knew I couldn’t. This was a game I couldn’t afford loosing. His black beady eyes rimmed with red looked at me, just as intense as his snake was doing to me now.

“You are young Draco, Albus will not expect it. If my cousin and his family were not killed I would’ve sent his daughter to do it. But my ill fate, ever since Potter came to be…” He trailed off, anger seeming to have gripped him like a vice at the mention of Potter, even if it came from his lips.

“Your cousin my lord?” Bellatrix dared to ask. The Dark Lord’s head snapped in her direction.

“How can you not remember Bellatrix? How can you not remember how you doted on my cousin? How you tried to seduce him… Ah, you didn’t think he would tell me did you?” The Dark Lord asked my Aunt Bella, his eyes dancing with past memories and mischievousness. I noticed my Aunt Bella in my peripheral vision, tense and body go stiff, her face a mask of shock, but she quickly recomposed herself. “But he didn’t love you did he? No, he fell in love with a girl I approved of, of course, got married, and had a child. Sometimes I wonder Bella, if you were the one that killed them. Consumed with your jealousy and your hate for them.”

“I did not, my lord.” My Aunt Bella replied. However the Dark Lord was finished with her and with a wave of his hand she disappeared. He then turned his attention to me.

“Draco, you are also to work on the vanishing cabinet. Your father will tell you what is needed. But now I must rest.” The Dark Lord said and as if he had a seconding thought added. “And don’t disappoint me Draco.” With those words my dark mark began to burn and I could feel the snake moving through the skull on my left arm. I ignored it however and still looked forward, blankly. The Dark Lord called his snake to him and they walked out of the dining room. His laughter trailing behind him.

“Draco…”

“Draco get up!” Nott said as he threw a hard object at my body. I opened my eyes and looked around, seeing Nott sitting on his bed.

“What time is it?” I asked as I got up, my body drenched in my sweat.

“Six.” He replied, still only wearing his pajamas. I groaned, why this daft idiot was waking me up so early in the morning I didn’t know

“Why in bloody hell am I awake then?” I growled, irritated, but yet thankful because it pulled me out of my dreams.

I sat up in the bed and looked out the windows, seeing as well as hearing the water lapping against them. From what daylight I could see there was none, the windows that allowed us to see into the black lake was nothing but dark and murky. I saw that Goyle was still sleeping peacefully and the bed next to him was empty, considering that it used to be Zabini’s. 

“I swear Nott if this is some kind of stup-” I began to say but was cut off.

“Shut up, someone’s singing.” Nott said, making me be quiet.

I listened intently trying to hear what he heard and ever so softly I heard the keys of a piano playing and then a faint soft bell like voice.

Your subtleties
They strangle me
I can’t explain myself at all.
And all that wants
And all that needs
All I don’t want to need at all.

The walls start breathing
My minds unweaving
Maybe its best you leave me alone.
A weight is lifted
On this evening
I give the final blow.

When darkness turns to light,
It ends tonight
It ends tonight.

Her beautiful bell like voice got louder and louder until it filled our dorm room. I looked at Nott with a raised eyebrow, the same question passing between us. who was this girl?

A falling star
Least I fall alone.
I can’t explain what you can’t explain.
You’re finding things that you didn’t know
I look at you with such disdain

The walls start breathing
My minds unweaving
Maybe its best you leave me alone.
A weight is lifted
On this evening
I give the final blow.

The beat of the song speeding up and her voice singing so effortlessly.

When darkness turns to light
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Just a little insight won’t make this right
It’s too late to fight
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.

Now I’m on my own side
Its better than being on your side
It’s my fault when your blind
Its better that I see it through your eyes

All these thoughts locked inside
Now you’re the first to know

Her voice sounding so sad, so shattered, yet so enchanting. You could feel her pain through her voice and practically see her tears that I knew must’ve been falling down her face.

When darkness turns to light
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Just a little insight won't make this right
It’s too late to fight
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.

When darkness turns to light
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Just a little insight won't make this right
Its too late to fight
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.

And with that the song came to an end and the last noise we heard from that voice was a few sniffles and the room went dead silent, the only sound coming from the Black Lake. I looked at the windows and saw the water begin to turn lighter, as if the sun was just beginning to rise and penetrating the black greenish water.

“Who was that?” Nott asked me looking awed and curious.

I shrugged my shoulders. Never have I ever heard a voice as captivating as I had just heard. And yet I wished to find that girl and comfort her, her pain and her sorrow was as prominent as she sang. Nott then got up, grabbing his robes that were already on the dresser next to him.

“Better get dress, breakfast is going to be served soon and I want to go with Hermione. Knowing her she probably leaves at the first sign of daylight.” With that he walked towards the shared bathroom we had with the rest of the Slytherin boys.

I stared after him. He wanted to eat breakfast with the Mudblood? With an exasperated sigh I too got up to get cleaned up and dressed. I didn’t want to admit it to myself but I wanted to make sure she was alright.

Hermione’s POV

I wiped away my last tears that I would cry for Ronald Weasley as I played the last keys of the song. I sniffled a bit and closed the cover of the piano getting up. He hurt me both physically and emotionally last night and I wasn’t going to have any more of it, as much as it killed me. I was hardening my heart.

I looked at my glass ceiling and saw the water begin to light up and turn its normal green blackish color, basking my room in its light. It was done, never would I allow someone to get as close to me as Ron did. Never would I ever let myself fall in love again. Never would I be so vulnerable. It ended, it all ended. Just like the song, I wrapped the chains around my heart when daylight came and so now it was here and so now I was standing.

There were no words that were going to sway me to Ron’s side, no more arguing, no more fighting, because all it did was make things worse. Ron didn’t know me anymore, how could he when I didn’t even know myself?  I was on my side, whatever side that was. I wasn’t going to allow myself to want him, to need him anymore.

All these thoughts that had choked me, I was letting go. All these thoughts of what ifs and why’s, I let escape my mind. All it did was cause me pain and I already had enough pain as it was. So I ended whatever feelings I had left for Ron…even if it tortured me to do so.

I ended whatever we had last night. I said the words which I knew would make him leave. I gave the final blow and I regretted it with every fiber of my being, but it was what was needed to be done. Ron was nothing to me anymore, it ended all last night.

**

“Never have I ever seen Slytherin robes look so beautiful on anyone.” Theo said as I walked out of my staircase. I rolled my eyes at him. Surprisingly over the course of only a few days I’ve grown too actually like him.

“Bog off Theodore.” I said smirking; he looked at me with approval.

“Can I talk to you Hermione?” He asked me awkwardly.

I raised an eyebrow.

“Aren’t we doing that now?” I asked him.

He looked around our surroundings sheepishly and stepped closer to me although there was no one else in the common room.

“I um, I want to apologize.” He finally says his eyes downcast.

“For what?”

He exhaled and looked me in the eye, his green eyes guilty and sad and a bit embarrassed. His black hair covering them a bit. He did the hair flip thing and his hair moved out of his eyes. I never knew why boys who had shaggy hair did that.

“I want to apologize for teasing you all these years. I’m sorry I was such a heartless prat. It’s just being raised the way I did, although I know it isn’t an excuse, sort of made me act that way. I didn’t know any better. And I feel horrible for what I did to you, especially now that I’ve gotten to know you a bit more than before. So I guess what I’m asking is… well, um, would you forgive me?” He asked me, his eyes pleading.

 I had to blink my eyes a few times to make sure I was seeing what was happening before me and that this wasn’t a dream. Theodore Nott was actually apologizing to me? A smile tugged at my lips and before I knew what I was doing I yanked him into a hug.

“I forgive you.” I told him as I let him go a genuine smile on my face.

“Really?” He asked me shocked, more likely because he didn’t think it would be that easy. I nodded my head.

“Yes.” I confirmed.

 He smiled a real smile at me, highlighting his handsome features that were usually overshadowed by his ugly attitude and negative personality. But now I could see that there was more to him. I could see the real him. And I was surprised that he, a pureblood radical arse, would befriend me in the first place. Excluding the point of course that I wasn’t a Mudblood, but no one else knew that except a small handful of people.

“Now c’mon, I’m starving.” I told him happily walking towards the exit of the Slytherin dungeons.

“Actually can we wait for Drake and Goyle?” Theo asked me.

I stopped in my tracks and slowly turned around giving him a nod. My problem wasn’t really with Goyle, although he was a bully before, but mostly with Malfoy. Plus I didn’t want to talk about last night, I wanted it far from my memory as possible and I knew he would ask me questions.

“I know you and Drake don’t get along but just give him a chance. He’s just a bit antwacky [old fashioned]; he hasn’t really learned to open up to everything now. He’s still stuck in the past.” He explained.

“I’m not stuck in the past.” A familiar voice growled, coming out of the boy’s dormitory hall/staircase. “Good morning Granger.” He said politely.

I did a double take, did he just say good morning to me? Was he honestly being polite? I mean I knew last night was a one-time thing considering that my grandfather had arranged it, but I didn’t know he was going to continue to be civil to me.

“Malfoy,” I greeted him, going back to last name basis. He nodded his head. “Where’s Goyle?”

“Sleeping,” He replied.

It was then that I noticed that his hair wasn’t gelled back like it usually was. I couldn’t help myself but grin at that. He actually took my advice.

“Well what is it? Spit it out, I would like to eat you know.” He exclaimed as both him and Theo watched me watch them with a grin.

I let out a chuckle and shook my head not wanting to tell him. His grey eyes looked at me keenly and as if he understood why I was smiling he looked away his face turning a slight pink. That just sent me into a whole other fit of laughter.

“What, what is it? What did I miss?” Theo asked looking between us two. Malfoy who stood still and refused to look at me and I who stood there laughing looking at Malfoy.

“Nothing Teddy,” I replied and before he could reply I waltzed out of the dungeons and to the Great Hall.

“Hermione! Did you just call me Teddy?” I heard Theo call from behind me, as both he and Malfoy followed me. I heard Malfoy chuckle, actually chuckle, or laugh, or whatever. It was just the first time I ever heard him do that.

“Yes, Teddy.” I yelled behind my shoulder. I swirled around, still walking backwards. “Don’t you like your nickname?”

And with that I ran as I saw him get ready to chase after me, his eyes ready to hunt. I screamed and I laughed as he ran after me, but I hate to say it, I was faster, that was until I ran into someone. The impact was so sudden that I actually fell on my arse.

“Hermione come back here!” Theo said from a distance his footfall getting closer.

A hand reached down to help me up and I took hold of it. My cheeks were flushed from the running and the embarrassment.

“Thank you.” I said as I dusted myself off.

“You’re welcome.” The voice said stiffly.

It was then that I finally looked at the person who had helped me and almost cringed away from him. Standing right in front of me was Lucius Malfoy. His blonde long hair and cruel grey eyes looked so much like his sons but yet completely different. His pale skin looking healthier than when I last seen him, if anything he looked the same as he did when I first met him all those years ago. He had his cane in his hand and wore his usually attire. Now that I thought about it, maybe this was where his son got his style.

“Bloody hell Granger, you’re a fast o-” Theo panted but stopped midsentence when he saw who stood in front of me. “Mr. Malfoy.” Theo said greeting him almost robotically.

Mr. Malfoy looked at me for a while longer, studying me, analyzing me. A sneer on his face. Would he ever get over the whole pureblood supremacy thing? If I ever did show who I truly was I would make him pay for all the horrible things he had done to me and my friends.

“So, I see the headlines are true.” He said and with that stepped around me to look more closely at Theo. “Where is Draco?”

“Coming sir,” Theo replied, looking down at his feet. The tension in the air was thick.

“Father what are you doing here?” Draco asked his voice distant. I heard his footsteps get closer.

“I need to talk to you, alone.” Lucius said glancing both at Theo and me telling us to basically scram.

“Good day Mr. Malfoy.” Theo bid farewell but I said nothing besides continue on my way.

I hated that man. Now I know that hate is a strong word but that was the only way I could describe what I felt for him. He was a coward who cared only for himself. He watched as innocent people died and allowed it, participated in it. There were too many times to count as to where he tried to kill Harry and the rest of us. Why he didn’t get sent to Azkaban was news to me. If I were the one in charge of his case I would give him the Dementor’s kiss. That bastard!

Anger boiled within in me and my hands clamped to fists, my body beginning to burn with rage. How could he be pardoned for his crimes because at the last minute he turned against Voldemort? If you could call it that. He walked away after Harry faked his death and basically after the fight had begun and after Voldemort died.  He should’ve been with the rest of the death eaters who were rotting in Azkaban.

“You okay Hermione?” Theo asked me concerned and worried. “He didn’t say anything did he?”

I took in a deep breath and let it out, letting my anger flow out of me. Slowly I gained control of my raging emotions.

“Just something about the headlines,” I replied nonchalantly, wanting to reach the Great Hall already so I could talk to Harry and see what rubbish Lucius Malfoy was stirring.  How he was even back allowed on these school grounds was deplorable.

“He didn’t say anything else to make you angry?”

“No, he actually helped me up when I ran into him.”

“That must’ve been a shock to him.”

“Yeah…”

“Hey, don’t pay mind to him.” Theo said trying to comfort me.

“I never do.” I said in a low tone of voice, my palms burning.

“Now about that nickname you gave me. How about something manlier?” He asked me trying to lighten the mood. I let out a laugh, thankful for what he was doing. Knowing that it was Ron who always was the comic relief and pick me up guy.

“You don’t like Teddy?” I asked him with a fake pout. He looked at me and grumbled.

“You are more Slytherin than you realize.” He said grinning.

“Well what can I say, I’m a natural.” I replied, grinning at him also. The heat that accumulated within my palms slowly drained away.

Draco’s POV

“So the newspapers are true. The Mudblood got moved to Slytherin?” My father asked me as we walked silently next to each other. I stood up straight and stiff.

“Yes father.” I replied mechanically.

“I want you to stay away from that girl.” He replied, looking forward.

“Of course father.”

“Well I came to congratulate you.” He said looking at me. I stopped walking and peered at my father. He was congratulating me? For what? As if seeing my confusion my dad put his hand on my shoulder.

“I came to say that I’m proud of you for getting the highest marks in all of your classes and being the top of your class so far. And for getting into the Slug Club,” My dad explained to me.

I looked at my father as if he were an alien. He was proud of me? Never had I ever heard those words come out of my dad’s lips. I let his words soak in until I finally exhaled and smiled at him. I was happy that I made my father proud of me for once, and for something so simple as school. But with Granger back could I keep my grades at the top of the class?

“That’s my boy.” My father said fondly, patting my shoulder. “Well I best be going, your mother sends her love. Stay on top Draco.” My dad said and pulled me into a man hug. I just couldn’t believe this was my dad; maybe the war did change him more than I thought it did.

“Yes, father.” I told him happily, feeling like my eleven year old self trying to do anything to please him.

“Well go on and enjoy your breakfast, I can find my way to McGonagall’s office.” My dad told me, patting me on my back. He looked at me again with a look I wasn’t use to, love, proudness in me, I couldn’t put my finger on it but it was between those two feelings. “Good bye son.”

“Bye father.” I replied and gave him one last odd look before I walked away and towards the Great Hall, feeling so much better and rejuvenated than I had felt for a long time. Was that my father, truly? Never had he been that warm with me before…it was oddly nice.

Minerva’s office…

Lucius Malfoy watched as his only son walked away, his heart swelling with pride. He was proud of his son, very much so. He had always been proud of his son of course but he pushed him because he wanted him to be perfect. But he saw how far he went. The war making him realize that, making him realize that his son and his wife meant the world to him, that he loved them like no other could. Why he never really acknowledged it before was a mystery to him. But with the Dark Lord gone could he truly show them just how much they meant to him?

He pondered the thought and the look on Draco’s face when he said he was proud of him. He seemed so shock, Draco did, but was it really that of a surprise. For years Lucius’ son had been overshadowed by that no good Mudblood, and now here was his son at the top of his class. But something needed to be done about the Mudblood that would be sure. He should’ve killed her when he had the chance.

His thoughts than went back to the said Mudblood who had ran into him. He didn’t know it was her at first; all he saw was that it was a Slytherin girl and a pretty one at that. When she looked at him her eyes sent a jolt through Lucius. They reminded him so much of a long departed friend who he didn’t wish to think about. And the power she radiated was one of darkness, of evil. He found it appalling that it was the Mudblood whom he was staring at; if not for young Theodore he would’ve never guessed.

Clearing his thoughts and sighing to himself he made his way towards Minerva’s office.

Minerva McGonagall sat in her chair staring at a book in front of her, but her thoughts were far away and her memories gripped her like a vice. She missed Dumbledore and she had to admit that she even missed Severus, without them two she was alone, she never wanted to be in charge of Hogwarts, but she took the role because it was expected to her. She rubbed her forehead as a headache began forming in her temples, who knew that being Headmistress could be so stressful? How it was far better when she was truly just a professor.

What troubled her most was Hermione Granger. Yes she knew the young girls secret but that didn’t mean she understood it. She thought of the letter Maverick Gaunt sent her telling her to give young Miss Granger space and room, that the slightest irritation could send her powers in overdrive, what that meant exactly she didn’t know, but she saw a spark of it the other day when Hermione first made her entrance in school. It was in her eyes, that deathly look within them, her eyes like a snake, a predator; it sent shudders right through Minerva, chilling her to the bone. It was so unlike the regular Miss Granger, who always seemed so innocent, but if what her father said was true she was indeed transformed.

Minerva then chuckled at the memory of Hermione’s father. He always was a trouble maker when he was at school, yet he was powerful, very powerful, but also twisted. But that could be because he was raised by the Dark Lord himself. Yet she saw him change when he met Niccole Runcorn, a distant family member of hers. How they made such a beautiful couple. Niccole always seemed to bring out the best in young Maverick Gaunt.

Minerva’s memories than drifted to the night of their deaths. She had been owled immediately by Albus Dumbledore. She remembered seeing their bodies disfigured and marred, unable to truly tell if it was even them, the catastrophe that happened in their home having torched their bodies till their skin was burnt black; nearly their entire beings being incinerated along with the rest of their house and belongings. Truly nothing but ashes. It was said that young Mr. Gaunt had been practicing with Fiendfyre when he lost control of it. The fire was still blazing when she had reached their home of ashes and ruins, Ashwinders slithering away from the flames, igniting trials behind them as they escaped.

That night had been one of the worst and darkest Minerva McGonagall had experienced, Mr. Potter’s parents own death being the other. She remembered the night go cold and the sky filled with the Dark Mark, signaling that Dark Lord had found out about his families deaths and was very much unhappy. She remembered the chaos it caused among the ministry and common folk, all whom were scared and locked themselves up tightly in their homes. The only blessing of that haunted night was her talk with Albus, learning that Niccole and Maverick along with their unborn child had survived and were in hiding…

“Minerva, Lucius Malfoy approaches.” Dumbledore said from his portrait looking at her concerned. She ignored his looks and closed her book, clearing her thoughts of past memories.

Lucius Malfoy walked up the staircase and into the office of Headmistress Minerva McGonagall. He glanced around the room and saw two familiar portraits, one of Albus Dumbledore and the other of Severus Snape. His eyes then landed on the Headmistress herself, who sat on her desk looking highly disturbed.

Minerva McGonagall stared up at Lucius Malfoy, looking the same as he always had, except more well-groomed than the last time she saw him… She exhaled, she knew there was good somewhere in him, but how deep it was buried was the real question.

“Good day Minerva.” Lucius greeted her in his stiff uptight way.

“Lucius,” She replied looking at him with a patient look.

“Thank you for allowing me to talk to Draco.” He replied. He may have been an evil bastard but he had manners. “Tell me why isn’t Draco head boy?”

“Young Mr. Higgs seemed better qualified to me at the time.” She replied stiffly as well.

Lucius tried to rack his memory of a Higgs when it came to him, Terence Higgs, a boy from a family full of blood traitors, such a disgrace and waste. No wonder why he got the position over his son.

“Draco would’ve gotten the position but due to past events, Mr. Higgs was able to rise to the standards.” Minerva further explained.

Lucius knew what she meant by past events. He knew she was inferring that Draco was a Death Eater, an ex-one at that but still one, and so people were afraid of him.  Lucius never thought about how forcing his son to be a death eater would affect him later in life. To be honest at the time all he wished to do was to please the Dark Lord and avoid his wrath, he also never thought that the Dark Lord would fail, but he did and for that he was thankful. Yet Lucius Malfoy was still the same, the only change was that he valued his family much more and wanted to show them how he felt, no matter how awkward it was at times.

Minerva knew that Draco was forced into being a Death eater but she knew the controversy it would bring if she made him Head boy. If she hadn’t had Higgs she might’ve very well made Draco Head boy and ignored all the consequences of it. After all everyone did deserve second chances and Draco, she knew, had a soft heart in the inside, he just needed someone to bring it out of him. Who would that someone be she didn’t know…

“Lucius I would like to ask you a question.” Minerva said aloud pulling herself and Lucius out of their thoughts.

“Please do ask away.” He replied, holding back the sarcasm.

“You used to be close friends with Maverick Gaunt am I correct?” She asked him, not even knowing why these words left her mouth.

He was shocked at her question. How long had it been since he talked about his long departed friend? How long had it been since Maverick Gaunt crossed his memory? Sure the Dark Lord had often times talked about him, but it was usually about Maverick’s and Niccole's unborn child and how powerful it would’ve been if it lived.

Lucius nodded his head stiffly, not trusting his voice at the moment. Maverick Gaunt had been his best friend in school, his brother that he wished he had. And to honestly think about him again did send old feelings of sadness to sweep over him because he remembered why he didn’t think about Maverick anymore. He was dead.

“You and Narcissa were supposed to be the godparents of his child were you not?” Minerva asked him further, the thought bothering her a bit.

 It was simply a horrendous situation. She knew how Lucius tried on numerous accounts to kill Harry Potter and his friends, including Hermione Granger, his supposed to be goddaughter, as well. To think if Lucius had known that his best friend was still alive and the girl whom he hated because of her blood status was actually the daughter of his friend. Would this have changed the outcome of everything? Would he have told Lord Voldemort about his best friend’s betrayal? She didn’t know.

He nodded once more, thinking about what would’ve happened if his friend had not been foolish enough to play with Fiendfyre, what bothered him the most was that he knew Maverick had mastered the usage of such dark magic. What had caused him to lose focus was unbeknownst to him. All he knew was that something happened that night that he didn’t know about, and it had bothered him for years. Feeling overwhelmed with memories Lucius Malfoy stiffly told Minerva he had to leave and departed by using the Floo, appearing in the fire place of his Manor.

He walked over to the nearest seat and sat down on a leather couch, his thoughts consuming him. The feeling of helplessness and self-loathing overriding his senses. If he had been there with his friend and not stayed home he would’ve been there to help, to maybe have saved his friends life. But Narcissa needed him that night.  There were few things Lucius Malfoy regretted in life and this was one of them, not saving his friend when he could’ve.

“Lucius dear are you alright?” Narcissa asked her husband concerned, as she walked into the den and saw him sitting there staring at the wall with a glazed look.

She walked over to him and slowly Lucius’s body shook with silent sobs as he felt his past slam into his gut. Narcissa Malfoy stared in shock and without a moment’s hesitation wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a warm loving embrace. She had only ever seen her husband cry once and it was well over nineteen years ago, the day not only her best friend but also his, died…

Hermione’s POV

I looked down at the Daily Prophet which I held in my hands, reading the headline news.

(A/N: All the article titles in bold letters is on the website i created! http://gaunt-trilogy.weebly.com/ )

Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, close friends of the famous Harry Potter and part of the GOLDEN TRIO, are officially over! Miss Granger already in another relationship.

By: Rita Skeeter

Saturday evening while I was drinking a nice Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks I was able to witness a fight between Hermione Granger, the Brightest Witch of her Age and the brains of the Golden Trio, and Ronald Weasley, best friends with both Harry Potter and Miss Granger. It was rumored after the war that these two had been a couple, but what I witnessed showed that they were far from it. Ronald Weasley, son of Arthur and Molly Weasley, had cheated on Miss Granger with Lavender Brown. Miss Granger who was having a drink and intimate talk with George Weasley, older brother of Ronald Weasley, was suddenly pulled into a kiss by Ronald Weasley who had stormed into the Three Broomsticks, at the time also declaring his love and how he wished he never cheated on her.

However young Miss Granger pulled away and told him to stay out of his life and quickly left the scene. Mr. Potter and his girlfriend Ginny Weasley, youngest sibling of the Weasley’s, were also there at the time and had a heated argument with Ronald over drinks. Miss Weasley also leaving after a few heated words with her bother, Mr. Potter following after her. Now I believed that Miss Granger may have moved onto Ronald’s older brother George but was shocked to see that Theodore Nott, a Slytherin and arch rival of Hermione Granger and her friends, came to defend her honor. Mr. Nott the said new boyfriend of Miss Granger, threatened Ronald if he dare touch or go near her. With that he also departed with young Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson, and Blaise Zabini.

The picture on the front page was of Ron kissing me and me pushing him away. The caption said: Hermione Granger pulling away from her first love, Ron Weasley. I looked at it with shock as the image kept replaying and replaying over and over again. I then turned the page and all that I saw was my name everywhere, I continued looking through the newspaper, but page after page all it talked about was me!

Hermione Granger a once innocent Gryffindor to a bad girl Heartbreaking Slytherin!

Ron Weasley and his cheating ways, inside story about how he broke Miss Granger’s heart

Hermione Granger missing for several months, where did she go and who did she meet?

Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger fight at Slughorn’s elite club party

How to win a book worms heart

Say hello to the new and beautiful witch, Hermione Granger and Good bye to Little Miss Prissy

From Geek to Chic

The Lovely Miss Hermione Granger, single or not?

Know the inside story of Hermione Granger

I felt my body begin to heat up my powers stirring within me along with my rage. How dare this woman, to whom I already loathed due to past rumors in my fourth year, write about me and Ron. That was private and now here it was in the newspaper front and back, open for the entire wizarding world to see. I gripped the Daily Prophet in a death hold and suddenly it ignited in blue green flames, turning to ashes in front of me. Yet the flames didn’t bother me at all, if anything they made me angrier, more furious.

“Hermione are you alright?” Theo asked me looking at the ashes in front of me. Instead of replying I ignored him and stood up.

I could feel the eyes of everyone in the Great Hall staring at me, astonished or shocked, I didn’t know. All I did know was that if I didn’t get out of her soon this place would be consumed with flames, with my rage, with my anger, with my hate.

***

“Hermione what’s wrong?” Harry said as he walked towards me, stopping in his tracks.

I saw the concerned and worried look in his eyes and I felt the anger in me slowly retreat back into the depths of my soul and being. I stopped in front of him, glad that the corridors were empty and it was just me and him. Feeling my eyes burn with anger and tears I wrapped my arms around Harry’s neck and silently cried. He automatically wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close to him, not saying a word, knowing something major must’ve happened to send me to tears.

“What’s wrong ‘Mione, you can tell me.” Harry said as I finally finished crying and wiped away my tears.

“Rita Skeeter and her lies, Harry! How can that woman be so vile, so, so cruel and unkind? Did you read the Daily Prophet this morning? Did you read the headlines and articles she wrote about me and Ron? The entire paper was about me!” I ranted, getting angry again.

“It’ll be alright Hermione. As long as you know what she writes isn’t true than don’t let it bother you. Remember fourth year when she wrote about you playing around with mine and Viktor’s emotions? Just ignore it.” Harry told me, calming me down and comforting me. I mean he had to know what he was talking about considering he had been the headline news since day one.

I nodded my head and calmed my emotions. Silence spread between us until my stomach growled. Harry looked down at me and smiled, chuckling. I hit him in the arm playfully.

“Come on, let’s go eat. Sit with Ginny and me?”

“Yeah, I would like that.” I replied with a smile and we walked side by side catching up with one another as we made our way back to the Great Hall.

**

“Hermione!” Ginny exclaimed and got off her seat to jump in my arms and squeeze me to death. I would’ve laughed if I could breathe.

“Ginny…can’t… breathe…” I managed to say, she quickly let me go.

“Oops, sorry,” She replied, smiling widely.

“It’s okay Ginny.” I replied also smiling.

We then took our seats and that was when I noticed all my old friends staring at me strangely.

“Blimey Hermione, what happened to ya?” Seamus asked me. He sure had a way with words. Just then Dean hit him over the head.

“Nice to see you Hermione,” Dean greeted me, kindly.  Seamus was rubbing his head and grumbling.

“Nice to see you two again,” I greeted them laughing at their best friend ways. I then noticed Neville and Luna who were sitting across from me. I didn’t even get to talk to them much the other night.

“Hi Luna, Neville,” I greeted them.

“Hey Hermione,” Neville greeted eating what looked like bacon.  

“The Nargles stole my shoes last night.” Luna said looking down at her feet which were shoeless.

“You’ll find them I’m sure.” I replied not wanting to argue again with Luna that Nargles aren’t real.

I then filled my plate with my favorite foods and fed my growling stomach.

“What happened earlier Hermione?” Dean asked me as I swallowed a bite.

“Yeah, I thought I was the only one who was a Pyrotechnic in conjuring fire.” Seamus said smiling as he took a drink form his goblet.

“Rita Skeeter,” Were the on two words I said and instantly everyone understood.

“That lady has another thing coming to her.” Ginny grumbled angrily.

“What is her obsession with the lot of you?” Dean asked stuffing his face. “I mean I get why she would want recent news about you guys but why to the extreme?”

“I think she’s just mad.” Harry said.

“She scares me,” Neville added softly.

“That’s okay Neville, she is a vile one.” I told him comfortingly, he smiled at that.

Suddenly everyone’s heads turned to look behind me and went silent. Confused I turned to look around and saw Ron, standing there awkwardly, seeming unwelcome in his own House. I turned back around, taking in a deep breath and calming my emotions. I could do this, I could do this…I couldn’t do this. Hate surged through my body and anger caressed my veins.  

“I’ll see you in class.” I told everyone and got up stiffly.

I stood and faced Ron, he pleaded with me through his eyes, but I dismissed them. I then walked past him until he grabbed my arm, but much gentler than last time. I exhaled and took in a deep breath before I turned back around to face him.

“Let go Ron.” I told him, trying to pull my arm away but he held on.

“Not until we talk first.” He replied, his eyes so sad and guilty.

“No,” I growled.

“Ron let her go, you already hurt her enough.” Harry said standing up from his seat.

“I just need to talk to you Hermione. Let me explain myself.” He begged me, pleaded with me.

I looked at his blue eyes, glad that I had chained up my heart and feelings for him. But yet I couldn’t stand the way he looked at me, so tortured, so sad, so guilty, so depressed. Yet I made a deal with myself last night. Everything between us was over, it was done, I gave the final blow, and there was no need for talking anymore because nothing could sway my decision. Feeling my power stir within me and rage surge through bones I yanked my arm away from him.

“You already did enough talking Ron.” I hissed.

“But H-”

“If you wanted to explain yourself you should’ve done that before. And what is needed to be explained Ronald?  Nothing, I and you are over. I don’t want you in my life, so just stay away.” I told him in a calm voice, letting my words hit him harder than if I were to scream them.

“What is your problem Weasley?” Theo said appearing next to me. “Why do you continue to go on and hurt her?”

“I’m not hurting her.” Ron said sputtering the words.

“Yeah then what is this?” Theo asked, lifting up my left arm sleeve to show my bruised arm from last night when Ron grabbed me. Everyone near us gasped. Ron looked at it with wide eyes.

“I didn’t mean to Hermione, I swear.” Ron said coming closer to me to inspect the wound he made.

“I wouldn’t come a step closer if I were you Weasley.” Nott replied with venom in his voice. I pushed my sleeve down, not liking the stares I was getting.

“Don’t tell me what to do.” Ron said, but stopped in his tracks nonetheless.

“Stay away from her and I won’t have to.” Theo said and gently led me away from the Gryffindor table.

Instead of leading me to the Slytherin table however he led me outside and once we were alone he stopped to look at me, worry in his eyes. I sighed were people always going to look at me like that? Always concerned and worried for my well-being?

“Are you okay?” He asked me, grabbed my hands and turned them this way and that to see that Ron didn’t do any more damage than he already did.

“I’m fine Teddy.” I told him with a smile. He let my hands go and they fell to my side.

“You really should change that name for me.” He replied chuckling.

“Thank you for what you did back in there.” I told him, being completely serious.

“Anytime,”

“How did you know about the bruise?” I asked him, curious considering he wasn’t there last night.

“Draco told me about it.” He replied. “He was telling us about last night while we were eating. It’s in the Daily Prophet too.”

“How would that witch even know what was going on?” I exclaimed. She was all types of evil.

“She’s an animagus.” A familiar voice said as he stepped into view, his hands in the pockets of his robe. That was when the memory hit me. Didn’t I threaten her that if she continued to write lies about Harry and I, I would turn her in? But were they lies she was writing? Some small things, yes, but majority of it wasn’t…

“I think I need to pay a little visit to Ms. Skeeter.” I said sullenly.

“You really are more Slytherin than we think.” Theo said appraisingly.

_______________________________________________________________________________-

Again heres the website

http://gaunt-trilogy.weebly.com/

or just click on open external link button on the side. Promise you'll love it lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 8.5K 42
Hermione and her friends, Harry and Ron are destined to defeat the Dark lord and the death eaters one and for all. Right? Thats the way its been sinc...
118K 2.2K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
5.2K 105 18
Vivianne Nott was known to everyone as Theodore's "sweet innocent baby sister" and she was tired of it. Always stuck in her brother's shadow, she dec...
973 47 46
Haunted by her second year and now with a murderer on the loose, Gwenevere Everill finds herself facing more battles that she does not think she can...