Freefall (Twilight | Maximum...

By FeatheredKids

There is something else lurking in Fork's forests other than the friendly Cullen's. When someone new and unex... More

Home Sweet Home
New Student
The Cullens
Getting To Know Edward
What Are You Doing Here
Moving In
Meeting The Parents
Vampires
Safe For Now
Realising Feelings
Tough Love
He's Interested
Confessing Feelings
Books, Music, and Love
First Kiss
Sweet Dreams
They've Found Me
Run
Alone
Phone Call
Safe Again
Reunion
Found So Soon
Making Plans
Leaving Home
A Long Way From Home
Death Valley
Ambushed
Another Birdkid
Taken
The School
Freedom
Sea of Edward
Human Comforts
Raptor Sight
Flying Lesson Number Uno
Quick Study
Horrors Upon Horrors
Surprise Visit

Not Completely Human

2.6K 122 1
By FeatheredKids

AN: Chapter eight. Enjoy, followers.

>|<>|<>|<

I looked at them and seated myself in a large unoccupied chair. Then I began.

"I was born on the thirteenth of September, year nineteen eighty seven. I was different than other babies though, I wasn't completely human. I was two percent bird. Before the doctors had a chance to speculate about me, the white coats slipped me away. That was the first day of my life, and I was already being experimented on." I took a deep breath and continued.

"From then on I was the most thought about experiment. Everyone was surprised that I hadn't died yet. So they created more, an entire flock of kids. Nowadays I have no clue where they are, just that they have a blog.

"At the ripe age of four I managed to escape the lab. I took off like a bat outta hell and I didn't dare look back. Ever since then I have been on my own. Every once in a while I'd get recaptured, but I always managed to escape again. So there's my story," I said, finishing my tale.

Everyone had been silent but now Rosalie spoke up, her face angry.

"So you expect us to accept this story you've spun up out of nowhere. Being part bird is impossible. Animals and humans can't mate together," she snapped, putting her hands on her hips.

I mimicked her posture.

"Sure, after you've seen this," I said. I smirked at her.

I unfurled my white and dusky grey wings, holding them at my sides. They draped toward the ground, large and impressive.

Edward gasped and I smiled at him, before taking in the rest of the Cullen's reactions. Esme had her hand over her mouth, with Carlisle's arm around her waist as he gawped. Rosalie looked stunned, and Emmett looked like he'd never seen a pair of wings before. Alice had a wide smile on her face, and Jasper seemed to be evaluating me.

"They're real?" Carlisle asked. He looked like he wanted to touch them, to confirm the impossible.

"One hundred percent," I grinned at all of them.

The next question came from a person I wasn't expecting to ask it.

"Can I touch them?" Edward asked.

I extended one wing toward him.

"Sure," I said easily.

Edward stepped forward and grasped one long white primary feather in his hand. He smoothed one white hand down it. He sighed and stepped back.

"They're gorgeous," he told me.

I grinned.

"Thanks," I said.

Edward nodded.

I pulled my wing back in toward me and cleared my throat.

"So, what are you guys?" I asked the Cullens.

They all froze.

Tough luck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 469 42
Adelaide Swan has lived most of her life with her mother. But when her mother wants to travel with her new husband Phil, Adelaide and her twin sister...
5.6K 186 14
After years of moving with her mother Joanna, Kate Beauchamp finally settles down in Forks Washington. She looked forward to her easy and simple life...
1.6M 52.5K 84
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐃| ❝︎Why are you so paranoid?❞︎ ❝︎Why aren't you?❞ 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 �...
1M 20K 54
After Ariana moves to Forks with her sister Bella she can't help but notice about the weird things that happen around her and in her life. She meets...