The Test || Dave East FF

By kaylexo

Book #2 to the Kaydence & Dani series. Kaydence gets out of prison for capital murder with the help of the d... More

Attention!
RECAP/ No Clue
Closer
Small City
Talk/ Small City 2
Break Up
Forigve Me
Hater
Depressed Time
Worth A Try
Friends
Below the Belt
Unwanted Guest
Getting His/Meeting The Parents
Maybe Not
Mind Playing Tricks
Hating On The Low
Weird Shit
Lookin' For Revenge
What A Coincidence
Leavin' The Game
Leavin' The Game 2
Secrets
Back At It Again
Trippin'
New Chapter
Big News
OG
Drug Dealin'
Christmas Eve
Big Things
SERIOUS QUESTION
Temporary Happiness
One Option
Pillow Talkin'
Make Up
It's a Set Up
Promise
Never Telling
Destroyed
Moving On
F*ck It
Liar
It's On
Seems Wrong, Feels Right
Something New
Last Straw
Retaliation
A Losing Game
Preview
A/N
A/N

Truth Never Dies

17.6K 688 202
By kaylexo

Vote and comment! Love you guys! ❤️

3 days later

Kaydence's POV

"You're indeed expecting. You're almost two months along." The nurse said to us.

"Do you guys have any questions?"

"Nah. I already know she can have sex and everything." I answered. Dani gave me a 'really' look as she laid with the gel on her stomach. The nurse chuckled but I wasn't joking, I was serious as hell.

"Alright dad. Ms. Rodriguez, any questions?" Dani shook her head no. "I know just about everything that I need to right now. I might have a few during the next appointment."

I was happy as hell to be having a kid with a woman that I loved like really really loved. Christmas was right around the corner and I didn't want anything, I had everything that I wanted and needed. The woman of my dreams and another child. Karcyn was good, I was good. Shit was great on my end. We most definitely had to move into a new place and start everything the right way. The nurse cleaned her up, gave us the sonogram photos, and we scheduled the next appointment before heading back to Daniella's house.

My phone began vibrating in the cup holder and Daniella picked it up for me. "Go ahead and answer it."

It was quiet enough for me to hear a females voice on the other end but I didn't know who it could be. Our day was going good and the last thing I needed was some bullshit. She handed me the phone with a straight face.

"Hello?"

"KD, I need a favor." Whoever it was sounded like they'd been crying or some shit.

"Who is this man?"

"Christian."

"Call me back later." I ended the call and glared at Daniella. She was staring out the window like she always did when she was mad.

"We were having a good day. That was a girl that I worked with, chill baby."

"The same bitch that gave you head in New York?" She chuckled, still looking out the window.

"No Dani, me and her ain't like that. She was like a sister to me." I lied. Me and Christian did what we did but that was a while back. I would've never hit her if me and Dontae didn't make a bet but it was what it was back then and it was nothing now. I didn't even look at her on no sexual shit.

"Alright Kaydence. I'm not tripping." She said unaffectedly. I pulled up in her driveway and put the car in park. "I don't want the attitude Dani. Please."

"I don't have an attitude. Just do you." She shrugged and got out. I got out behind her, damn near racing her to the door. "The fuck was that supposed to mean yo?"

"It's self explanatory." She unlocked the door and opened it. She didn't waste any time going upstairs and slamming her door once she was in her room.

"You really finna do this Dani?" I asked from the other side of the door. She had the door locked and wouldn't let me in.

"You gotta stop assuming and shit. I'm not doing nothing baby. I'm actually loyal to you, I don't want anybody but you." Daniella was all that I saw. It was just us. I didn't care about other bitches anymore, she was all that I wanted and needed and obviously, I still had to prove that to her while I proved it to her parents.

"I'll be downstairs when you wanna talk." I made my way downstairs into the kitchen and dialed my mom's number.

"How far along?" She asked as soon as she answered the phone. "Almost two months." She squealed on the other end.

"I hope it's another girl."

"Nah, I want a boy."

"So he can act like you? I think not." I put the phone on speaker as I laughed at her. "But seriously, son have you been taking your medicine?"

"Ma, I don't need that crap. I told you I'm good." She sighed before speaking, "Just to stay safe. . I want you to take it."

"Please, mama. I'on need that shit."

"Kaydence that medicine can't do anything but help you! Does Daniella know about it yet?"

"I'm not comfortable with telling her about that right now but I'll tell her eventually."

"I know you're grown and you make your own decisions but I really want you to start takingyour medicine." A throat was cleared from behind me and I knew it was Dani. Here was another damn problem.

Ayriel's POV

"I don't want any parts this time Dontae. You're the macho man, you got it."

"Shit, you right but you know I gotta play smart with this nigga and you know all of his weak spots."

"And you do too. You were his so called best friend but I do know one of his weak spots. That bitch. She's his weak spot. ."

"That's one of em but I was thinking something else."

"What?"

"Shit, you want your daughter back don't you?" He rubbed his hands through his beard.

"See now you're trying to die for real. Kaydence won't play behind Karcyn and you know that."

"But you could benefit from it too if you just go through with the plan."

"What's the plan?"

Omniscient's POV

Daniella sat listening to Kaydence and his mom talk until she couldn't anymore. She let it be known that she was listening and he turned around to face her.

"I'll call you back." He ended the call and walked towards Dani. "It's no-"

"What medicine Kaydence?" He sighed and remained quiet for a few seconds.

"I'm fucked up Dani. Okay?"

Tears welled up in her eyes and she looked up at him. "How can you be with someone and not tell them that there's something wrong with you?"

"I was ju-"

"You know what, it doesn't even matter Kaydence. You can leave. We can be parents to our child and that's it." She turned on her heels and went back upstairs. She was more than hurt because she trusted him and he couldn't even tell her that there was something going on with him. She would've accepted whatever it was that was wrong and they would've kept moving forward but as he said, he wasn't comfortable yet. He probably wouldn't have ever been.

Kaydence stood dumbfounded in the same spot that she'd left him in. She never gave him time to explain and was always quick to want to leave him which was why he wasn't ready to tell her about his disorder. He didn't want her to know that he was crazy and had a hard time controlling his anger because he was afraid that she'd leave him like she always did. But it wasn't about him right now, he didn't want her stressing herself about shit, she didn't need that.

"Fuck man." He ran his hand over his head before leaving her house and going to his mom's house.

Daniella's POV

How was I supposed to feel? The man that I was in love with was keeping secrets because he wasn't comfortable with me yet? It was complete bullshit and I couldn't help but cry. I couldn't be with him if he was keeping stuff away from me. There was no way in hell.

I ran me a warm bath and stripped down to my panties and bra before I stepped in the water, in hopes that it would clear my mind a little bit. I couldn't believe that I was pregnant with this man's child and he was still keeping secrets. I didn't know him like I thought I did and if he kept that away from me, the lord knew what else he was hiding.

Carlos' POV

"Let's swing by Lina's real quick so I can cop bro." I said to Melly as we rode down the freeway.

"Ight cool. Call her now though and tell her what's up." I nodded and called Lina's phone.

"Yo?" She answered. "I need some more of that purp. Dis Los."

"Okay, come on over."

"10-4." I ended the call.

"Yo, she really is an OG. I fucks with her." I laughed as I thought about how she answered the phone. "Hell yeah. I bet she'd blow some shit if need be."

"On god she probably would." We pulled into Baylor and rode until we pulled up to her house. "You can go in by yourself this time."

"Shit, aight." I hopped out and walked up to the door and rung the doorbell. An Audi pulled up in the driveway next to Melly's and I couldn't lie, it looked like Kaydence's.

Okayyyy, very short but I was dying to update a good chapter and whatnot... I think this chapter is okay. What y'all think? Vote & comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 2.2K 44
* This is my first book so don't judge.* Try having the perfect family, perfect life , perfect boyfriend , perfect friends ,but all that changed all...
1.7M 61.3K 52
Book #1 to the Kaydence & Dani series. Kaydence doesn't have time for females, he's married to the streets... That's what he thinks until his "bros"...
2.2M 55.9K 37
Copyright © 2012 Readinbooks2 "You always hear about the main chick in these types of situations. Everyone feels so bad for them, but who is anyone o...
19.4K 870 25
There's a mystery guy named Brandon but also known as "Murky". He's silent to most and very unapproachable at his new school. When he's out of school...