'Can I' ONE-SHOTS

By twinny22

So.... This is my one shots collection from my 'Can I' series.... I will not be writing about any sexual thin... More

'Can I' ONE-SHOTS
The First Christmas
MacKenzie Cabello-Hansen
AUTHORS NOTE
Pranks? Pranks.
Pranks? Pranks. RELOAD HOPEFULLY
Disney Land is Pretty Fun
The Halloween One
Your Aunt Sofi
OH LORD JESUS! ITS JESUS!
Homework's For Nerds
Ummm..... (A/N)
How to Put Kids to Bed (Ft. Lauren Jauregui)
How to Fight Demons (Ft. Ally Brook Hernandez)
How to Make Banana Smoothies (Ft. Camila Cabello)
How to Dance (Ft. Normani Kordei)
How to Get a Date (Ft. Dinah Jane Hansen)
Brooke and MacKenzie
NEW BOOK?! (A/N)
Avery Thinks She's A Wizard
Avery... You're not a Ninja
An Aveley Proposal
Kenzie is Born
Valentine's Day
Freaky Friday Effect
Taylor Swift
Wait... WUT?
Forever and Always
Kenzie and Her 'Friend'
That Awkward Moment When...
The Twins
ANOTHER NEW BOOK? (A/N)
Army
The 4th of July Accedent
The Interview
Worth It
100 Truths Challege

The Story of Kat and Quinn

379 22 4
By twinny22

Dedicated to TVDOUATTW1515

QUINN'S POV.
*2081*

Sometimes it gets lonely sitting outside on the porch in my special chair watching the stars shine brightly in front of me. For an 81 year old woman, getting around my house can be quite difficult sometimes especially when there's no one to help you up and down the stairs or put on your favorite night gown anymore.

My beloved wife, Kat sadly past away about 5 years ago due to a heart attack. Avery was not far behind her, passing away 3 years ago from brain cancer that the doctors were too late to find. Maddie, Lauren, Camila, Dinah, and Mani are also up above in the heavenly sky, shining brightly as the stars they always were. Lauren and Camila both dying of old age in each other's arms in a tragic ending to a beautiful love story that we all got to watch right before our eyes. Dinah had a stroke at the age of 84 and died a few month later. Mani and Maddie have been gone the longest, both dying after a car accident about 20 years ago that claimed both their lives and 4 others in the process.

Now the only members of the original ten membered family we had created so long ago is my mom, Riley and I.

My mom (Ally) is still going strong at the age of 91. She still is as crazy and youthful as she was 60 years ago. She comes over every once in a while to make sure I'm still 'praying to Jesus' or really just to check up on me to see if I'm doing alright.

Riley misses Avery. It's easy to tell by the longing looks she makes at pictures of the two and by the way she looks at her kids and grandkids who are exact replicas of the hyperactive blonde woman.

I sometimes get so wrapped up in the memories of them all that I forget that their gone. Avery's mischievous smile peeking around the corner. Lauren's feisty but loving presence. Camila's care for everything and everyone. Dinah's sarcastic comments usually shot at Avery. Normani's dancing and singing around the house for the fun of it. Maddie's brains always getting us out of trouble at the last second. Kat's love and care for me and our family reflected in her grey eyes. But mostly, I miss waking up to the smell of banana pancakes on Saturday morning, a tradition started our first week of being at the Fifth Harmony household. It wasn't broken until the traumatic night when Maddie and Normani died after being in that horrific accident.

I sigh as I clutch Kat's favorite coffee mug to my chest, the smell of warm hot chocolate (Kat's favorite drink) steaming up into my nostrils. I look at the stars and smile as I hear the soft patter of toddler feet coming out from inside the house.

"Katrina Riley Hernandez... I thought you were supposed to be in bed with Madison?" I say softly turning around to find my youngest grandchild, Katrina or Kitty standing outside my sliding glass door holding her blanket and sucking her thumb.

"I sorry Gram-Gram." The blonde toddler says shyly kicking her feet and looking down.

I smiling and pat my lap offering her to come and sit. She takes my offer and climbs slowly onto my lap looking into the stars with me.

"Look at all those twinkle-twinkles Gram-Gram" The 3 year old says pointing to the star I kindly refer to as 'Camila's star'.

I hum in response and wrap my arms around the small child.

"Let me tell you a story Kitty, it's about me and your Grammy" I say after a few more seconds of starring at stars above our heads

"I was named after her!" The toddler exclaims excitedly looking at me with her gray eyes that remind me of my loves so much.

"That's right. It all started a long long time ago in a orphanage..."

*2005*

A small, tired looking, blonde trudged up the stairs, dragging her blanket behind her like a ships anchor. She finally reach her room and reached up flinging the door open and was surprised to find a small dirty blonde girl standing in the middle of the room, luggage surrounding her. The child was a bit taller then Quinn and her gray eyes shone with both intelligence and grief.

"Hi, I'm Katrina, but you can call me Kat" The girl said sticking out her hand for the younger blonde to shake.

Quinn tentatively took Kat's hand in a light grip and shook it.

"What's your name?" The girl asked after Quinn let go of her hand.

"Quinn" The bright eyed blonde mumbled shyly looking down at her feet.

"Quinn?" The younger girl nodded her head yes. "I think we are going to be best friends, Quinn"

*2081*

"So you and Grammy met at an orph-orpan... What's the word?" Kitty asks looking up at me confused.

"Orphanage" I chuckle running my fingers through the toddlers dirty blonde locks.

"What's that?" The small child asks curiously peering up at her me.

"It's a place where children with no parents go to."

"Really? Did you and Grammy become best friends?"

"We sure did"

*2018*

The blonde teenager sighed as she plopped down on the couch, running her hand through her hair trying to relieve some of the stress of mid-terms.

Suddenly a body came crashing into hers, wrapping their arms and legs around Quinn tightly, like one of Camila's famous 'koala hugs'.

"Kat" Quinn groaned trying to sort up more, not like being pinned against the couch.

"Nope you're not moving until you say 'Kat is awesome, everyone bow down to Kat'" The older girl said looking up at Quinn smirking.

"Fine, Kat is awesome, everyone bow down to Kat" Quinn said rolling her eyes at the 18-year old who was basically in her lab.

"Ok fine I'll let you go now" Kat said giggling and jumping off the smaller girl and running off to find Maddie.

"You two are going to get married I swear to god" Avery said rolling her eyes from across the room looking up at Quinn from the book she was reading for a split second.

Quinn face flushed red as she glared at the green-eyed girl.

"Not true"

"Oh my dearest honey bunches of oats, it is 130% true." Avery said smirking as she continued to read.

*2081*

"Did you get married Gram-Gram?" The toddler asks nuzzling into my chest softly making herself more comfortable.

I chuckle again.

"Yes but not before we confessed our love for each other"

*2021*

Kat and Quinn sat on the beach on an old washed up log that sat about 30 yards away from the great Pacific Ocean. Quinn was huddling into Kat's side, her head resting on the older girls shoulder.

"Let's dance." Kat decided, looking at her blonde haired best friend.

"What?!" Quinn exclaimed peering up at the other girl with big questioning blue eyes.

"I said..." Kat said getting up off the log and twirling around once and sticking out her hand for the other blonde to grab, smiling charmingly.

"Let's dance"

"When you put it like that, I'd be crazy to say no" Quinn giggled taking the older girls hand and they pressed their bodies together and started to slow dance.

"Quinn?"

"Yes Kat?"

"I love you "

"I love you too, you know that"

"No I mean..." Kat began to struggle with her words.

"In in love with you"

Quinn stopped her movement and look at Kat in complete surprise.

"You're in love with me?" Quinn whispered softly looking into the taller girl eyes to figure out if she was joking.

"Ever since that first day at the orphanage" Kat smiled nervously.

Before anything else could be said, Quinn smashed their lips together, grabbing Kat's jacket and curling her fist around it and pulling her closer to her body.

After a few seconds Quinn pulled away and Kat stood their frozen, staring at Quinn in amazement.

"DAMNNNMM GET IT KAT" a voice screamed and Kat and Quinn turned to find Demi and Dinah standing at the log where the two had been sitting hooting and hollering in support.

Quinn groaned in frustration and leaned her head against Kat's chest, shaking her head at her friends stupidity.

*2081*

"Then did you get married?" The toddler asks and I nod

"We got married 4 years later, then had your uncle Brendan, then we had your uncle Shawn then your mom, Demi." I explain and Kitty nods thoughtfully.

"I wish I could have met Grammy" She says sadly, leaning against me harder as she tries to get closer to me.

I sigh, knowing that this was coming and looked up into the dark night sky.

"I wish you could have met her too, little one. Though you do know that you can still talk to her, right?" I ask my eyes wandering through the nights sky to find my favorite star.

"Really?! How?"

"You see all those stars up there?" I say looking down at the small child lovely.

"Yeah!  The twinkle-twinkles!"

"Well, they each represent someone who has gone up to be with God in heaven. You know what that is right?" I look down to find Kitty looking up into the dark sky, quickly becoming as enamored with it as I am.

"Yes! Grandma Ally teaches me all about that stuff"

"Of course she does..." I mutter quietly rolling my eyes at the craziness o my mother.

"So you see those two" I ask pointing to two stars that were practically close to each other.

The small child looks for a minute before spotting the two stars and nodding her head in extreme excitement.

"That's your Grandmas Camila and Lauren, and that one over there is your Grandma Dinah, she always needs to be close to her camren ship, and that's your Grandma Avery at the top of that weird T symbol, there's your Grandma Mani and over there is your Grandma Maddie." I say pointing out all the stars to the young girl.

"Wow" She says extremely fascinated with all of her star grandmas.

"And that one" I say pointing to the brightest star in the sky. "That ones Grammy"

My young granddaughter's face screams adoration as she peers up and looks up at the star I keep the closest to my heart.

"She's beautiful Gran-Gram"

And suddenly I don't feel as alone anymore.

------------------------

Hello

It's me

It's been like 1,000,000 years

I'm like all old now... Ew

Alright question:

Q: What is your favorite book?

A/n: All of the Harry Potters and Trails and Tribulations

CHECK OUT MY NEWEST BOOK: 'Happy Birthday Ms. President'

UNTIL NEXT TIME

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.4K 30
la tipica historia de universos viendo otros universos atraves de pantallas flotantes que aparecerΓ‘n en sus mundos aunque tambiΓ©n agregare otras cosa...
474K 9.7K 7
𝙃𝙀π™ͺπ™¨π™š π™Šπ™› π˜½π™‘π™–π™˜π™  || π’πšπ πš π‡πšπ«π«π² 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 "Ser una Black digna de su apellido" Madelyn siempre tuvo esos pensamientos al saber q...
160K 22.5K 65
nacido en una familia llena de talentos aparece un miembro sin mucho que destacar siendo olvidado sin saber que ese niΓ±o puede elegir entre salvar o...