The Test || Dave East FF

kaylexo

Book #2 to the Kaydence & Dani series. Kaydence gets out of prison for capital murder with the help of the d... Еще

Attention!
RECAP/ No Clue
Closer
Small City
Talk/ Small City 2
Break Up
Forigve Me
Hater
Depressed Time
Worth A Try
Friends
Below the Belt
Unwanted Guest
Getting His/Meeting The Parents
Maybe Not
Mind Playing Tricks
Hating On The Low
Weird Shit
Lookin' For Revenge
What A Coincidence
Leavin' The Game
Leavin' The Game 2
Secrets
Back At It Again
New Chapter
Big News
OG
Truth Never Dies
Drug Dealin'
Christmas Eve
Big Things
SERIOUS QUESTION
Temporary Happiness
One Option
Pillow Talkin'
Make Up
It's a Set Up
Promise
Never Telling
Destroyed
Moving On
F*ck It
Liar
It's On
Seems Wrong, Feels Right
Something New
Last Straw
Retaliation
A Losing Game
Preview
A/N
A/N

Trippin'

18.8K 772 41
kaylexo

Vote!

A month & a half later....

Kaydence's POV

"Mike came by for you. He ain't look too happy." Ocho said as soon as I walked into the trap. "Did you tell him that I was in Baltimore for a minute?"

"Yeah and then he walked out." I shrugged and lit a blunt, sitting down on the couch. Him nor Marvin said anything to me about leaving but I was pretty sure they caught on by now. I was only here to check and make sure everything was good, nothing more. As tempting as it was, I couldn't do it. I was out of this shit permanently.

"Mitch made the news yet?" I chuckled, changing the subject. Ocho shook his head no and his facial expression changed completely.

"Don't worry about that shit. He long gone."

"Yeah I know. We just gotta keep this a secret. You know Michael working with the Feds n' shit."

"Even if he did know, he wouldn't rat you out." I informed him. HLW was built on honesty and loyalty. We were a family and none of us ever snitched on each other for as long as I been in this shit.

"You never know. You can't trust motherfuckers."

"Yeah, you right about that. . Where Nuk at?"

"Nuk been gone for two days man. I don't know where he at." I scrunched my eyebrows up and pulled my phone out to call him. His phone was disconnected. 

"What the fuck? He always answers the phone na' .. that's weird.."

"Maybe he changed his number."

"Yeah, probably so." I agreed, trying not to overthink. Something ain't seen right though.

We talked about a list of shit as we got high. Like I hoped he wouldn't, Nuk let me down and let everything fall back on Ocho, the nigga that I didn't want in charged. He seemed to be doing a good job though so I wasn't really stressing it.

Daniella's POV

I rushed into the bathroom and peed for the fourth time in the last thirty minutes. Being a nurse, I knew what most things meant but with this, I was trying to convince myself that it something other than what I thought it was. I wiped myself and washed my hands before leaving the bathroom.

Kaydence was gone since this morning and I had no idea where he was. Since he moved back down to Baltimore he stuck to his word, we were together every day after I came home from work. Some nights he stayed at my place and other nights he went to his moms.

I really loved this man and had plans on starting a family with him but not right now. We weren't ready. I had just completed another level in my career and that's what I wanted to focus on and enjoy but this frequent urinating and tenderness of my nipples said something different. I slid on some sweat pants, a hoodie, and the pair of floral Gucci slides that he bought me before leaving to go to CVS.

I prayed silently to the store and back home. As I said before, I wanted a family with him but not so fast. I sent him a text before I made my way back upstairs with the pregnancy test in hand. Instead of him responding to the text, he called.

"What's good baby? What you doing?" He spoke. His voice alone put me in a better mood.

"Um. . Nothing. Where are you? I miss you."

"I miss you too. I'm on the way back to you now, be there in 40." I knew he was coming from New York and it was quite disappointing but I didn't wanna talk about it and start an argument. I didn't know why I believed him when he said he was leaving the drug game alone.

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too. . And get dressed. I wanna take you somewhere. Nothing fancy, regular clothes."

"Okay." We ended the call. I decided to save the test for later and just get dressed. I wondered where the hell he wanted to take me.

I put on some bleach destroyed jeans, a white and pink Nike shirt, and a pair of white huaraches.

Kaydence's POV

"I called you forty minutes ago Dani. It shouldn't take that long." I said to her as I waited for her to choose what she wanted to do to her hair.

"I'm sorry babe. I ju-" I walked over to her while she stood in front of her vanity and pressed myself up on her as I placed my phone down. "Don't worry about it. . Take ya time."

"Really Kaydence?"

"What? I'm just addicted to this shit. That's a problem?" I asked as I breathed down her neck. "Can you not?"

"Not what?" I reached around and cupped her titties as I watched her in the mirror.

"Don't we have somewhere to be? Now's not the time." She said, getting annoyed with me.

"Man aight. Just hurry up." I let go of her and left the room, heading downstairs. We did have shit to do and a nigga was super excited. I just hoped that she would agree with me on this. I paced back and forth in the foyer as I waited for her to finish up.

"Who the fuck is Liz and why is she calling and texting asking where you are Kaydence?" Dani appeared at the top of the stairs. She had her hair pulled into a tight pony tail, looking good as fuck while she was getting mad.

"Daniella, let's just go. It's not what it looks like. Come on." I motioned for her to come down.

"Who the fuck is this bitch?!" She yelled. I sighed and started up the stairs. If I told her who Liz was, the plans were gonna be ruined. It wasn't some bitch who I was fuckin' around with, it was strictly business. I looked down on Dani as she looked up at me with a straight face waiting for an answer.

"Can you trust me for once? I told you it wasn't what I looked like. Let's go man." I grabbed her hand and headed for the stairs again.

"I swear to god. . This better not be some hoe." She said under her breath. She had trust issues out the ass but I could handle that. It was nothing.

**

"You gone stare out the window the entire time Daniella?" I glared at her and asked. As I knew she would, she ignored my question and continued to look out the window.

"You know I don't like that shit. . Make me pull this car over." She remained silent. I pulled over onto the side of the road and parked before getting out and walking over to her side and opening the door since she was taking me for a joke. She looked past me. I ran my fingers up and down her thigh and this didn't trigger her at all, she stayed quiet.

"She's calling again," She chuckled when she heard my phone vibrate, "take me home."

"Dani stop fucking acting like that. I told you it was nothing and I need you to believe me for once. Damn." I closed her door shut and walked back to my side and got in before putting the car in drive, heading to our destination. She was gonna have to stay mad for a lil minute.

Carlos' POV

"Man this the same ni-"

"I thought he was dead. What the fuck?" Melly cut me off. Donte or whatever the fuck his name was, was walking up on us with a huge smile on his face.

"Alright. . Dontae, I fucks witchu and everything bro but I thought-"

"No nigga. I'm not dead. KD tried to knock me off and failed. What's up Los?" He extended his hand and I held my fist out. "Damn, it's like that?" He bumped my fist. I was not about to shake his shit, I didn't know him or fuck with him like that and plus, his hands looked disgusting as hell.

"Wait wait wait. You said KD did what?" Melly asked. "Him, OJ, and some bitch set me up! OJ came and helped me escape though. Just don't let that get back to Kaydence tho, you feel me? Matter of fact, where OJ at? I needa holler at that nigga." I sat back listening and observing. Little did he know, OJ was buried six feet deep in my sister's backyard, rotting.

"Nah, fuck OJ. . You better be playing nigga! Your own bestfriend tried to killed you?" Melly asked. He was all into this shit.

"Fuck that nigga. He ain't my bestfriend. Ima murk his ass." I chuckled on accident. "Fuck you laughing for Los? This nigga serious."

"I'on got shit to do with that. KD ain't going out like no hoe though. We all know that and you was right when you said fuck OJ." I smirked.

"He ain't gotta go out like no hoe but he going out." Dontae said. I had to get to KD asap and let him in on this bullshit so he could stay on the lookout. "Yeah, whatever nigga."

Kaydence's POV

"Where are we Kaydence?" I pulled through the gated circular cobblestone driveway where a water fountain was flowing directly in the center.

Liz's car was already here which explained why she was blowing my phone up. "Who's house is this?" Not answering her questions, I parked, hopped out of the car, and walked over to her side, opening the door for her. "Just come on." She sighed and got out.

"This is fancy." She said as she looked around the exterior. The crib was made of brick and had an ass of windows. We walked up to the French wooden doors and they came open slowly. Liz greeted me, "Hello Kaydence, how are you?"

"I'm good. This is my girlfriend Daniella. . She came along to see the crib with me." I informed her and she looked at Dani.

"Oh, um, nice to meet you Daniella. Im Elizabeth." They shook hands and we walked into the grand foyer. The floors were made of verde marble, the shit was nice as hell. A large golden chandelier hung from the domed ceiling, illuminating the entire front side of the house. It had a curved double staircase with great detail. The shit was beautiful and it was worth was she was giving it to me for.

"We actually added on to this home back in September, adding two more bedrooms making it eight and doing a little remodeling." Liz spoke as we walked around the home. She explained everything to us from top to bottom and Daniella held my hand, I could tell that she was in awe because she hadn't spoken once. I hoped she wanted this as much as I did. I was ready to take the next step with her and that's why I went ahead and house hunted in my free time. The place was fit for us and once we started having children of our own, they'd love this too. I knew Karcyn would like it once she was old enough to understand what it was. Liz went on as we visited every room in the house.

"And how much is this going for?" Dani asked.

"Well, it was origi-"

"Liz. . Don't tell her. I'm paying for it. I got it." I squeezed Dani's hand gently, "Be easy baby, leave that up to me."

"That's not fair Kaydence." She rolled her eyes at me and pulled her hand out of my hold.

"We'll talk when we leave. Relax." I ensured her and continued following Liz. Each bedroom in the house was spacious, literally. The six bathrooms were remolded months ago and all had marble flooring. Everything was perfect to say the least. Now all I had to do was talk Daniella into moving in with me.

**

"Why do you always have to keep secrets? How can yo-"

"Dani it wasn't that fucking serious. She's selling me the house for a couple millions, you happy now?" Her attitude had been on 10 all damn day and I was getting fed up.

"What's a couple of millions?!"

"Really man?" I glared at her and then looked back at the road, "Why you showing out like this? What's up with you?" I felt like I was losing her or some shit, the way she was treating me. I was about to say fuck the house and just stay with my moms for a lil longer.

"I'm tired of you keeping things away from me, that's it." Her voice was cracking making it obvious that she was about to start crying.

"Daniella are you serious right now? What you crying for?" I pulled into her driveway and put the car in park. She got out and made her way up to the house without saying anything to me. Something was up with her and I had to get to the bottom of it but right now I was gonna give her some alone time. It seemed like she needed it.

Vote & Comment! Tell me what you guys think❤️

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Does He Do It Like I Do It Miaa The Author

Любовные романы

609 38 20
*PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT* Roxanne Laurent, a young high class girl from upstate New York, lived to please her parents. Her mother always told her peo...
Love Ain't Loyal

Любовные романы

266K 8K 40
Mahogany is a young innocent 17 year old girl who is in her final year of school. She's got her best friends around her so nothing could possibly go...
43.8K 1.3K 43
Book series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This is Our Life } [ This Thing Called Life is the sequal to My...
Hold Me Down Vanessa Wright

Художественная проза

1.4M 43.9K 39
Essence Johnson is back out into the real world as bad as ever. With her baby boy Domani and her son's father and husband, Damian by her side, she's...