Whispers Under the Moonlight...

By bookie032

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... More

Fiery Blue
Grey Eyes
Concurrent
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Enkindled
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Precautions
Indecisions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Day of Souls
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Heart | Body
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Hexed in Sleep

741 53 6
By bookie032

"None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet we still go forward. Because we trust. Because we have faith." – Paulo Coelho

"I don't understand," Scott mumbled as he kept still with Hailey, who seemed to have collapsed from attempting to close the gate once again; she lied on the ground, at the heart of the swarm, just near the gate she meant to close. Her body was spiritually worn out as she tried to sit up, but her body was too depleted to move; her half-lidded, tired eyes turned the war outside her barrier and could see that Athena and Oriana were managing just fine.

But for how long will they last against an innumerable amount of enemies?

"Think harder, old man," Athena responded indifferently with a hint of urgency in her tone,; she battled with her enemies from with her own barrier, merely casting glances at them as they withered into nothing whilst Oriana was left to dispatch those that were farther away from them. "There must be another way."

"I'm trying to, kid!" Scott nearly hissed at her in vex but kept his cool, "But I don't know if there IS another way," he replied as he clicked his tongue just as the whirl of light from the gate tore the ground even wider, "It was the only way I knew how to close it."

"How did you even know how to close it?" Athena began to question, seeing that there was something odd about a normal spirit knowing how to seal a gate that important. She looked over her shoulder, at Scott, who seemed to be a little lost in thought as his dark blue eyes gazed worriedly at Hailey.

"Because I was there," Scott exhaled softly as Hailey slowly turned to meet his gaze, "I was there when her great great grandmother resealed the gate."

"You... were...?" Hailey mustered a whisper as she felt warmth emit from the old man's eyes. Scott nodded silently as he tried to hide his smile as though trying hard not to reminiscence over memories he wish he did not know; Hailey could sense the glee in him, but there was a great remorse riding behind his emotion just as his lips curved down at a memory she was curious to know.

"But that was a long time ago," Scott quickly dismissed his thoughts as a grim look came upon his face as he turned to the gate, "She was a powerful faerie just as you are, Hailey. I know you can close this gate, it's just a matter of HOW, and we gotta find an answer quick, else you won't be there to live and know about your relatives from me."

"You're right," Hailey replied as she tried to get up, almost staggering back down, but kept her footing firm as she straightened her back, "Athena, can you give me a little boost?"

Athena shook her head, "I'm not letting you fight after I replenish you," she contested, but nevertheless chanted a recuperative spell over her that boosted her spiritual energy by great proportion, "So, stay in this barrier whilst you figure out a solution," she explained as she chanted one more spell, "I will let you talk to anyone you know that knows how to close this gate, but you can only use it just once and you can't use it again after you have finished your conversation with that person."

"Can't I subscribe to an unlimited call package?" Hailey replied with a raised brow as Athena merely gave her a small smile and shook her head, "I guess even you have limits," she exhaled as she sat cross legged on the ground and began her focus, thinking of someone who could possible help her the most in this situation; several people crossed her mind and on top of the her list was none other than Thesalia herself, but there was doubt in her mind.

Just one person is difficult, she thought as she closed her eyes to silence her surroundings, which gave her better focus, If only Zander was here... he would know what to do..., her thoughts suddenly wavered as negative emotions suddenly rose to her chest. The feeling of sadness sprung up from the loneliness inside her; there was regret within her as well that made her chest swell with apprehension, almost making her tears water the sides of her eyes.

Whilst Hailey tried to focus, a winged, skeletal figure of great size suddenly formed from the merged bodies of the renegades around them; it was a great tower of at least twenty foot high, a corpse of pure darkness. Athena tried to dispatch it with the power she has been using all this time, but even this small power was insufficient to fell an enemy of this magnitude; Oriana merely roared at the beast in her white lion form before she tried to pounce on it, only to be slapped away like a fly.

Casting a chant, Athena caught Oriana mid-air with her spell and teleported her within the barrier, just before the young teen caught herself returning to her human form; the force from that mere slap took a great toll on her body. There was a bruise on the length of her arm as she sat on the ground whilst gritting her teeth at the pain; Athena did not hesitate to chant a recuperative spell on her whilst she kept her other powers working – defence, offence, and the shield that was keeping them safe.

"Ah, that stung!" Oriana groaned as she got up just as the recuperative spell finished boosting her regenerative ability. As she stood up, she looked at the monster that seemed to be breathing in air, but not air at the same time; small white orbs from all directions suddenly entered its mouth and lit up its body by a small portion, which caused Scott to get on his feet. "What is it doing?"

"You need to stop that thing!" Scott yelled as Athena turned to him, a little confused, "Stop it before it's too late!"

"Stop it?" Oriana queried as she tilted her head whilst keeping her eye on the monster, "It doesn't look like it's doing any harm to me."

"Fool! It's devouring the souls nearby!" Scott exclaimed as Oriana's eyes widened at the realisation, she was about to change into a creature, but a whiff of air zoomed past her from behind. Without a second thought, Athena had rushed out of the barrier and unsheathed her sword, ready to slice the monster with just one blow; before she could unless her attack, the masked man got in the way and caught her sword's attack, that triggered a wave of air upon the impact.

"Did you really think you could win this?" the man asked as Athena pushed his scythe back that had her land on one of the tip of the trees, "Even if we cannot penetrate the barrier you have created around the gate, we still have ways to exit it!"

Clicking her tongue, Athena's frustration rose up and made her attack the masked man in her vex; she has had enough of his intervention and wanted it to end as quickly as possible. His interference has irked her for the last time and she was close to going all out on him; casting a floating chant on herself, she engaged her target head on, colliding scythe and sword in a dance of death.

Swords crossed and communicated in force, the two danced with grace and versatility, yet deadly with each blow they traded; Athena was quick on her advances and led her enemy to nothing by parries and blocks. Her opponent was cautious as he was nimble in the air, which left them a great amount of space to fight, without anything to get them cornered and what not; but Athena has grown impatient, chanting quick spells to seal her opponent's movements before she stabbed him through the heart.

"It's over," Athena whispered as the masked man merely held her sword by the blade and pulled himself out like it did not hurt. It confused her at first, but did not seemed surprise, aware that her foe was a spirit that did not have a body like the rest she had dispatched, but there was something special about this spirit that caught her attention; the cut she had opened on its chest emitted a white light before it eventually closed itself.

"You cannot simply defeat me like that, fallen one," he spoke, "I am not some mere spirit that you can kill with the end of your dull blade," he mocked as he took the initiative of the fight that caught Athena by surprise as she raised her sword to catch his scythe, "I am invincible."

Smirking, Athena took her challenge as they crossed fists and blades once again; she was thrilled at the thought of a prey of that was difficult to kill, fuelling her lust for blood. As she fought with him, Oriana once again morphed into a dragon, hoping to quell the monstrous soul devourer before them; it was a problem they wanted to prevent, yet it was staring them in the eyes and mocked them.

"Kid," Scott spoke as he turned to Hailey, who remained deep in focus, just as Oriana tried to sway the beast, but her attempts were futile, "I don't wish to alarm you, but we don't have a lot of time here whilst you sit there thinking of who your penpal is!"

"I'm sorry, but it's not that easy to think of a person who knows how to close this," Hailey replied calmly as Scott tried not to pull his hair out of his already deceased spirit, "I don't know anyone who knows about this gate."

"Then think of the first person that comes into your mind when you hear the word 'gate'!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"What just happened?"

"I don't know, a gash suddenly tore through her chest!"

"Everyone back away now!"

Frantic, Cecilia immediately chanted a healing spell on Katherine, whose footing suddenly staggered and caused her to fall on one knee; blood escaped her open wound like a waterfall as Cecilia patched it up to close immediately. Both of them did not know what happened; the doctor had just finished chanting a spell on Cecilia as she awoke a few moments after, then all of a sudden, Katherine growled with a hand on her chest.

"Kathie, are you okay?" Cecilia queried as worry drifted on her tone.

Groaning, Katherine slowly stood up as she looked at her bloodied palm, "I... don't know," she whispered with a bit of confusion in her tone as Cecilia examined her thoroughly, "I just felt like a sword went right through me for no reason."

"How is that even possible?" Cecilia questioned with a raised brow, "We're in a sealed area – barriers all around us – no chant can pierce this barrier."

Katherine shook her head, "I honestly don't know, Cecil," she looked away as she tried held her chest where the wound was, "But we don't have time for this," she told her as she began walking back to the exit just as the students around her began to clear a path, "We need to go, now."

"I'm right behind you," Cecilia nodded as they noticed Art in the crowd, who merely gave them a small smile as if to tell them he was worried and now glad they were fine, "We need to get to Athena."

Katherine nodded, "Alright, I need to relay something important to her."

"What is it?" Cecilia asked as she tilted her head just as they got in the tunnel that led to the exit where Ford was.

Katherine opened her mouth to speak, but before words could even come out, the earth shook tremendously; a loud shrill cry echoed through the tunnel walls as much as the two of them could hear Ford frantically giving orders to his men. The earth stood still as the cavern walls began to quiver as though being hit by a bat; Cecilia and Katherine did not let a moment go by as they rushed outside and had their eyes widen at the sight of a humongous winged skeletal figure.

"Everyone retreat behind the barrier!" Ford commanded his men, who obeyed without question; Alexis provided them cover as she dispatched those who tried to snatch them away into the sky. The skeletal figure drew closer and with each step it did, the ground trembled at its monstrous size; Cecilia quickly chanted more barriers around the pit, hoping that this being would not be able to break it. "Alexis, fall back!"

"Like hell, I am!" Alexis spat as she pulled herself off the ground by using the trees to slingshot herself towards the monstrous beast; she had her yoyos around its neck as she dropped behind it, hoping to behead it with one blow, but as her gravity pulled her down to decapitate it, her strings did not penetrate its thin neck which made her click her tongue and curse, "Fuck this bone head!"

The monster tried to get her off of its back just as reinforcement's arrived to attack Alexis, who was hanging just above a normal person's lungs. Gritting her teeth, Alexis let go of the strings of her yoyos just as the enemies collided with the back of the monster; in mid fall, she drew two knives for each hand as she went head to head with incoming wave.

"That reckless son of a," Ford mumbled under gritted teeth whilst he saw all his men fall back into the cave, but saw Katherine and Cecilia come out of the entrance, "What are you doing here? Get back inside, now!"

Cecilia shook her head as she opened her palm for a chant, "No, we can't. Our fight's not over yet."

"We don't have the means to kill that huge thing," Ford replied as pulled both of them just by the entrance to take cover from the aerial forces, "Unless you have a way to, then feel free to stay."

Cecilia smirked momentarily, "My flames would be enough to keep them away from the entrances," she chanted the spell and created a veil of fire over the only entrance, preventing anything from entering, except those she allowed to pass, "It should also be enough to incinerate that monster."

"Go ahead and try," Ford nodded as he slowly made his way inside, "I'll leave the battle outside to you," he continued, "My men and I will protect everyone inside and hopefully have a bit of a rest," he explained, "We'll back you up once we've rested enough."

Whilst the duo were having their conversation, Katherine was outside of the fiery veil and was looking at the pillar of light that seemed to calling out to her. The words that figure in the light said to her were echoing inside her ears as though telling her to hurry up; as the light called out to her, the monstrosity before her took a step forward that made the ground quake with each step it made. It nearly toppled Katherine over, but kept her footing.

Before Katherine could even take on the huge skeletal figure, Cecilia surrounded her body with an armour of flames whilst wielding a sword on each hand, then flew towards the monstrous at break neck speed. Katherine watched as Cecilia slashed the skeleton at its neck that beheaded it almost instantly; a smile played on the mage's lips but immediately turned upside down at the sight of the skeletal monster catch its head and merely snapped it back on as if it did not even hurt.

Opening her palm, Cecilia chanted three balls of azure flame and hurled it towards the monster; a cloud of smoke burst in the air that fogged most of everyone's vision. Cecilia hovered above the smog and smiled at the victory of felling the monster; as the smog slowly dispersed, the smile on her face vanished with the air. The monster was still standing tall and unfazed by her searing azure fireballs; the monster proceeded towards the cave as the earth once again trembled at its steps.

"Damn it!" Cecilia cursed as she rained fireballs at it whilst slashing around its body that does not seem to take any damage anymore, "Why can't I scratch this thing!"

Clicking her tongue, Katherine picked one of the rifles and began shooting at the skeleton, but the bullets did not seem to pierce through its skin. The skeleton finally got closer to the cave then placed its phalanges on the roof, then began pulling it off whilst Cecilia did not stop its assault on it; Alexis heard the loud commotion and deterred her rage back at the cave, leaping up in the air and climbing the back of the monster, before stabbing it over and over again.

"Damn this fucking bone head!" Alexis groaned her frustration as she climbed its ribs up towards its neck, then resumed her assault there. As Cecilia and Alexis tried to defeat the hulking skeleton, Katherine heard a voice in the back of her head that made her sprint out into the woods, towards the pillar's direction, but before she could even get anywhere, a huge lump of landed suddenly descended from the sky, which made her fall back onto her rear; her eyes darted towards the skeleton and saw that the cave's roof was torn open, cracking the barrier that Ford has created.

"Ford!" Cecilia shouted as Ford and is men began assaulting the monster, whilst the headmistress began evacuating, "Cast another barrier now!"

Ford took out a piece of paper from his jacket and began reading the incantation, but before he could even finish, the skeletal figure grabbed him first, which made him drop the piece of paper on the ground; the creature opened its mouth to inhale whilst Cecilia tried to cut its wrist off, but its skin was rock hard like diamond – almost impenetrable. Struggling in its hold, Ford tried to get out of its hold, but his body was being crunched slowly as he got closer to its mouth.

"Cecilia, chant a barrier for the children!" Ford shouted as he felt his body wane increasingly as his eyes suddenly fell to a close; there was an invisible smell in the air that had caught everyone in its snare. One by one, Ford's men were falling asleep as much as some of the staff and students inside the cave were dropping to the ground with drowse in their eyes; Alexis could feel the sleep in her as well, but refused to succumb to the spell the skeleton was spewing.

"What... is this...?" Cecilia uttered as she held her head as it spun insider just as her vision doubled; the flames around her died down under the invisible fog and her chants became silent as much as she fell from the air that enabled the skeleton to catch her with its other hand. Katherine was losing her own consciousness, but as it slowly waned, trying her best to keep her eyes open.

Reaching out, Katherine tried to crawl towards them to assist them, but her body slowly became immobile; all that's left in the chaos was the beating of her heart as the darkness at the corner of her vision slowly ate away at her consciousness. Struggling to stay awake, Alexis gritted her teeth as she slit the length of her arm to her elbow, to keep her awake; blood oozed out of her open wound as she clenched her jaw at the pain.

"Damn this to oblivion," she mumbled as she turned about and sprinted towards the skeleton, who was wreaking havoc in its wake; soldiering the pain, she leapt onto its bone and once again climbed its ribs as the creature tried to remove her from its body, but Alexis would not have it. She entered the skeleton's body and covered herself behind its ribs to prevent it from taking her out or even shaking her off; she kept her grip firm as she climbed onto its shoulder before running the length of its arm to Cecilia.

"I'm sick of you spirits already," Alexis groaned as she gripped her knives tight before she impaled them through the skeleton's fingers and slit one off, "Go back to hell cause heaven isn't waiting for you anymore."

Finger after finger, Alexis pried open the skeleton's hand and caught Cecilia before she dropped; Alexis held the unconscious mage firmly before she leapt off the creature, but the mass of renegades collided with the monster to create a new hand that had caught Alexis mid fall. It vexed the assassin as she struggled to get loose, irritated by the lack of breathing space that Cecilia seemed to be eating.

Trying to find her knives, Alexis tried to slice the skeleton's fingers but it seemed to have reinforced itself from its earlier ingestion of renegades. Air suddenly flowed to a single direction that had her eyes dart to the where it was converging – at the skeleton's head; a small, white orb escaped Ford's body that caught the young protégé's attention making her wonder what it was, but when she saw it enter the skeleton's mouth, she immediately knew what it was doing.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Alexis cursed frantically as she stabbed the fingers harder, aware what was coming next. More white orbs sprung from the sleeping bodies on the ground – the souls of the students and staff – that flew straight into the skeleton's mouth; there were hundreds of white orbs in the sky that scattered in the air, but were being forcefully pulled into the skeleton's mouth, eaten alive just as the prophecy had predicted.

Frustrated, Alexis tried to squeeze herself out of two of the skeleton's fingers, hoping to break free, but as she attempted to escape, the hand she was in moved towards that mouth of the skeleton that had her eyes open wide; fear tried to scare her of death, but she knew well enough that she had once died already, no longer afraid of seeing that place again. But this time, it did not seem that she will see Jesslyn again.

"Fuck you!" Alexis roared her anger out just as the skeleton began sucking her soul out; she kept her eyes open with furrowed brows as she slowly felt her consciousness escape her body. Slowly, her eyes turned to a close as her soul tried hard to cling on to her body, but even she was not trained to handle such a battle. "Damn... you..."

As the curtains closed on her body, a shrill roar echoed all of a sudden; Alexis felt her soul return to her body that made her gasp in air and open her eyes almost immediately. She found herself on the ground, next to Cecilia, who had also just opened her eyes to watch the commotion at hand; a humongous Tyrannosaurus Rex was battling the skeleton, crushing its bones with its sharp teeth, before exploding under its thick jaws and freeing the souls it just devoured.

The souls that flew about returned to their bodies and breathed in air in their lung once more; most of them were thankful that none happened to them, but some were just as terrified. Cecilia and Alexis looked at the dinosaur, who was approaching them; fear almost crept up their spines, but a blinding white light enveloped it and a human figure emerged out of the light. Alexis could not believe who it was that came out of the light, but Cecilia did not seem surprised like her.

"I thought you had it under control," he spoke to Cecilia as he leant a hand for her to take; the mage took it without question as the man's body slowly reconfigured to its natural form, no longer bound by the chant that was placed on him. "They could have died, Cecil."

Cecil groaned as she chanted a spell for Alexis, "I did have it under my control, Finnegan," she sighed as she created a barrier as soon as she was done with her, "But I guess I needed more help than I thought."

"Of course you did," he replied as he turned to Alexis, who did not seem surprised of who he was, "El diablo, I know you knew what I was from the beginning. I'm just glad you didn't point it out."

Alexis punched him in a flash, "Couldn't you have saved us any sooner?"

"Okay, I deserved that," Art nearly chuckled whilst he held his nose, "Damn, you really hit hard for a human."

Cecilia chuckled for a moment as she saw the headmistress approach them, "I apologise for what happened just now, we-"

Hyde raised her hand to silence her just as her red eyes spoke of fury, "Enough, I don't want to hear it," she interrupted them as Cecilia nodded, "I am tired of cowering behind a curtain and leaving you to deal with a problem much greater than your own," she spoke as a swarm of renegades approached the opened cave hole; before they could even attack, a swarm of bats fly at them and tore them to nothing. Hyde returned to Cecilia after dispatching them and said, "I will get involved whether you like it or not."

"I'm getting involved too," a teen in the crowd wearing a black T-shirt spoke; Alexis knew his face and his name was Prince if she was not mistaken. "I'm tired of waiting around for you guys to finish, when we have the power to fight too."

"I'm getting in on this too," Chase seconded the motion as he flashed his smile as his eyes glowed as much as his palm was ready to chant, "The moon has our blessing and our powers are at our highest. With our numbers, we can stand a chance against these... things."

Determination rose among the ranks as Cecilia, Alexis, and Art looked at each other, unsure if they wanted to involve the very people they were trying to protect. Just a while ago, hope was lost, but now, hope was stirring greater amongst the students as they all shouted their willingness to fight; Hyde nodded at her students as the faculty walked behind her to show their support.

Sighing, Cecilia looked at Art, who merely nodded at her, "Alright, you can help us," she finally agreed as her own eyes glowed a neon blue, "But all of you must stay with your groups and follow your teacher's orders, especially Ford's," she instructed as Princes howled and shifted into his werewolf form that had the others shift as well, even vampires undergone transformation as much as morphlings bent into the forms they wanted.

"You guys take care of the barrier," Art instructed Cecilia before he turned to Alexis, "The two of us will assist the master."

With that, Art leapt to the hole in the ceiling and transformed into a griffin; Alexis parkoured the wall and leapt off for Art to catch her as though they already thought of what they would be doing, then set off to do what they said. Nodding at their departure, Cecilia opened her palm and cast a wide chant for everyone; it was a communication spell that allows all of them to be able to hear her, Ford, Hyde, and the rest of the faculty.

"We're ready, Cecil," Ford announced as he cocked his black-plated revolvers just as his men were behind him, ready to fight despite their ragged and beaten forms. Nodding, Cecilia floated to the hole and chanted a spell for herself, engulfing her body in flames; the azure fire tore through her skin as her eyes merged with the blue, shaping itself into a humongous bird – a blue phoenix covered in fire.

"No matter what happens," Cecilia spoke in a hollow voice that everyone could hear without her opening her beak, "Don't let them hurt you or put you to sleep," she instructed and flew away and headed for the nearest part of the barrier, which allowed Ford to send the NoMs to their formations, "Protect your souls to the very end."

Whilst the battle waged on at their end, Athena had been exchanging blows with the masked man; she remains uncertain who it was behind the mask and was eager to know. Her speed outmatched her opponent, but he was skilled enough to parry and dodge her moves, but allowed some to hit her body. No matter how much she was able to penetrate his body, it would recover in just mere seconds.

"Kid we're running out of time here," Scott reminded Hailey as he saw the cracks on the thin veil gradually growing bigger, almost as if at any moment the barrier would fall, "Who in the world have you called?"

"Thesalia," Hailey replied as she kept her focus whilst she mentally conversed with the all-powerful NoM, "She says there is a piece of the prophecy that not a lot of people know, but she's looking through her library to see if she can find it."

"Well tell her to hurry up!" Scott exclaimed as he saw more renegade spirits fly out of the spire of light whilst the skeleton figure a few meters away from them, kept on inhaling souls like it was air, "People are dying here and all she can do is run around a library!"

"Shh," Hailey shushed him calmly as she tried to focus on her conversation with Thesalia, who was pacing back and forth in breakneck speed in her own library that was as wide as one side of the United States pentagon.

"Aha, I found something," Thesalia exclaimed as she brushed through the pages in a glimpse, "All the prophecies written spoke of nothing about the end of the world," she explained in near frustration as she continued flipping through the pages, "I don't think I can help you much at this important hour."

"I see," Hailey mumbled in a near dejected voice as she tried to compose herself just as Scott saw a griffin fast approaching; on the griffin of brown and white was Alexis, and another unconscious person riding in front of her. Hailey opened her eyes to end the conversation and saw Katherine on the griffin, making her stand on her feet almost instantly, "Is that my wolfie?"

"Ah!" Thesalia exclaimed on the other end as Hailey watched griffin Alexis rode on, manoeuvre around the renegades that were trying hard to get them off the sky, preventing them from getting closer to Hailey's location, "I found an excerpt of the prophecy, let me read it out for you."

"That kid is really hard to kill, isn't she," Scott mumbled his astonishment as Alexis slit through every renegade coming at her with her sword; with ease, she was able to dispatch any flying renegades, and even tried to stop the skeleton from constantly inhaling the souls from outside the barrier. How much souls it has taken was beyond their knowledge, even more confused as to how it was all possible.

Diving down, the griffin clawed the skeleton before it landed inside the Athena's barrier; Alexis got off and pulled Katherine to Hailey, who held the unconscious wolf without letting another second pass. At the touch of her warm embrace, Katherine's eyes slowly opened as the first glimpse she saw was the moonlight passing through seams of blue hair as much as there were dark amber eye looking at her with great concern, love, and above all, care.

"There will come a time where the moon shall curse his children – a child who had committed taboo."

"Fae," Katherine whispered as she reached out to caress her cheek, "I thought I lost you."

Hailey smiled as she held back tears and shook her head before saying, "I thought I lost you too."

"The child, born under his light, shall be the key – a curse under the moonlit night – with great ire."

"I'll always come back for you," Katherine smiled as she slowly sat up and pulled Hailey to a hug, holding her tight as if she would leave her again, "Even in the next realm, I'll always come back to you."

Hailey held back her tears as she held her back, "Don't be so cheesy right now. We are in te middle of a fight you know."

"A child that is capable of great powers, but powers that could destroy both worlds."

"It doesn't matter," Katherine nearly chuckled as she pulled back, "I'm here to protect you like I promised I would."

Hailey merely hugged her again as she hid her face in the crook of her neck, glad that she was there. Tears were trying to escape her eyes as she remembered how much she lost one person she really cared for, then to lose Zander too was already unbearable for her; had she lost Katherine too, she knew not what she would do to the world. Perhaps, she might even destroy it for making her life truly regrettable.

"A child born on the night where souls roamed the earth."

"Wolfie," Hailey whispered as Katherine rubbed her back gently whilst Alexis, Art, and Scott looked at them a little pissed, but understood them nonetheless; Katherine merely gave them a short glower and mouthed an apology before they all went back to fighting – except Scott, of course. Hailey pulled back and Katherine saw the tears in her eyes, "I really love you."

Katherine brushed her tears away with her thumb as she kissed her cheek and said, "I love you too."

"The child that must sacrifice her heart to break her own curse."

~

~

A/N: Will Hailey sacrifice herself to save the world?

Vote, Comment, and Follow if you haven't. All support is welcome.

~

~

© bookie032 2015-17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.4K 3.1K 83
"This is the story of Hazel..a tale I tell to others...a tale not many know of.. Such a loving child with her brother. So bright and full of life. Y...
72.7K 2.5K 57
"Do you normally make-out with the people you're hired to kill? It doesn't strike me as very professional." "Put the gun down," Gabriel panted, not...
1.8K 191 36
Who knew that teen wolfs dead pool isn't over! Jessica a normal teenage girl good friends with Lydia is now stuck between good and evil! What will ha...
14.1K 2.8K 32
✪ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✪ ★ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ★ ☆ 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 @𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...