Take it From Here (Jamie Dorn...

By pusherlovedornan

This is the sequel to "Endlessly." In part two of Jamie and Kelsey's story we will watch as they navigate thr... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 1

5.2K 74 26
By pusherlovedornan

A/N: Welcome back or welcome in general to old and new readers alike. This story will pick up right where "Endlessly" left off! Thank you for joining me for the continuation of Jelsey's or Kemie's journey (we need a ship name!), I sincerely hope you'll love the sequel I have planned :) Enjoy the opening! Xo

***

It was hard to believe how far I'd come with the man of my dreams in merely two years. The highs and lows, the ugly and the beautiful; we'd been on a crazy journey from day one and we never slowed down. Engagement, marriage, honeymoon, baby. The days were already passing quickly, and I'd only been pregnant for six weeks. My greatest worry was being too concerned with the end result that I didn't enjoy the sensations as they occurred. Being a first time mom also scared me half to death, but I didn't tell Jamie. He had pep in his step ever since I revealed the news, so instead of being a Debbie Downer, I joined in his happiness and chose to ignore any other emotions that arose.

Even though there were no visible signs I was with child, I'd been losing my meals every morning and sometimes half the night. Why call it morning sickness if it wasn't on a set timer? The physical changes happening inside only solidified my life was forever changing. Jamie had been the perfect doting husband, caring for me at all hours, but we were now a long way from home and busy entertaining a toddler.

I stood in the kitchen making dinner for Jamie, Dulcie, and myself. We'd spent the week with her in London and would be flying to Belfast in the morning for a week with the grandparents. Jamie had attended his first premiere since our marriage last night, and he'd done so alone. I had been feeling nauseous all day, and while I hated using my pregnancy as an excuse, he didn't push the subject. Plus I got to spend an evening solo with Dulcie, which was a rarity, and we'd bonded over coloring books and fairytales. All in all, it wasn't a loss for any of us and Jamie had come home right after the red carpet; my family man.

The aroma wafting from the oven actually made me hungry versus sick, and it was a welcomed foreign sensation. I turned down the steaming water as it finally rose to boiling bubbles. Dulcie had her heart set on hot dogs and mac and cheese, because Jamie had denied her of both every other night she'd asked. I had stepped in and promised her I'd make my grandma's famous macaroni bake with a side of hot dogs. It was worth not hearing her whine at the dinner table over what we had instead.

She giggled loudly as Jamie made a funny voice, holding her princess doll in his hand and playing castle with her. I smiled, watching their interaction with butterflies. He was an amazingly dedicated father and she loved him unconditionally. She adored me too, and I knew I was blessed to be so easily accepted. Her heart was made of gold and that was the one thing I was certain she'd inherited from the Dornan side.

"You can come in, but no princes allowed," Jamie said in a high-pitched accent.

"He's my prince, he goes where I go!" she argued back with the doll in her tiny hand.

I had to laugh at her already talking about having a prince, and defending him against naysayers. Jamie knew he was doomed; I didn't have to remind him.

He looked over at me, cocking his head. "Something funny?"

"Nothing at all. Enjoying the show." I dropped the hot dogs into the water, breaking his gaze.

"Need help?" he asked, and when I looked up again I saw the message in his eyes that he wanted to be rescued from doll time.

"You could set the table." I shrugged.

He redirected his attention to Dulcie. "I'm gonna help Mama, okay? The prince can come in while I'm away."

She'd recently started calling me Mama and I knew it was because she called Amelia Mummy. If Mama helped her distinguish the difference between the two of us then I was fine with her choice. I wanted her transition into my life to be as simple as possible. Jamie hadn't brought up the subject either, so I assumed he wasn't going to intervene his opinion.

He rose from the floor and met me in the kitchen as she immediately resumed her story, talking with his doll to hers. He wrapped his muscular arms around me from behind and swayed us back and forth.

"Setting a great example," I said. He kissed the top of my head, humming his question. "Letting the boys over while you're not looking."

He huffed. "Why would you tell me that?"

I chuckled, holding his veiny hands over the baby growing inside. "I was a young girl once, darlin'. We can sweet talk our way out of murder."

"I'm going to need your help," he whispered in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

"With what?"

"Raising a girl."

I felt myself blush, thankful he couldn't see. "She has a great network of women in her life. Her mom, grandma, Samina, your sisters—"

"And you," he finished.

I rested my head against his shoulder, peering at him sideways. He kissed the corner of my mouth.

"What are you going to do with two girls? If we have one."

He smiled. "Hope for a miracle."

"A little sister would be fun for her," I said. "Would cutback on your doll playing time."

"Want to know the truth?" he asked.

The oven timer went off so he released his grip. I turned to stare into his beautiful blues.

"I like playing castle," he admitted.

I kissed him briefly. "I know you do. You're amazing with her."

He watched me as I stepped away to remove the dish.

"But..." he went on.

I set the macaroni on top of the stove, searching for a spoon.

"You want a boy," I said, sticking it in the noodles before looking over at him.

"How'd you know I was going to say that?"

I rolled my eyes. "Well, for one, I'm your wife. I know you like the back of my hand. Secondly, what man doesn't?"

He nodded, picking up the plates and following me to the table. "I'll be happy either way. Healthy is what matters."

I kissed his cheek when he leaned in front of me. "Definitely."

I walked back to the stove to retrieve the pot of hot dogs. He stepped up behind me and lowered his voice.

"I think we should tell Dulcie about the baby before we meet my parents. You know they'll slip up and say something in front of her, and she'll be confused."

I grabbed a set of tongs and turned to face him. "You want to tell her? It's pretty early though."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why wouldn't we tell everyone? I can barely stop myself from telling strangers on the street."

I smiled, scratching his beard as his hands cupped my waist. His eyes were bright and sincere, and it melted my heart. "Babe, you've done this before. Most couples wait until after the first trimester. You know, in case..."

"Shh." He raised his finger to my lips. "Nothing is going to happen."

I tightly gripped his other hand, his confidence mildly calming the fears I'd sworn to keep to myself.

"Okay," I whispered. "We can tell her."

"Now?" he asked.

I stared at him, trying to read his thoughts. "You don't want to surprise her? Just straight up tell her?"

He grinned. "Yes, maybe after dinner."

I shrugged. "If that's what you want."

His face hardened. "Do you not want to?"

I pecked him on the lips. "Of course I do."

He stood with his eyes closed, eventually stepping out of the way so I could move the pan to the table. I grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator asking him to get Dulcie's leftover juice from breakfast out and whatever he was drinking.

"Ready?" I asked as he made his way over.

He offered me his shy smile with a nod before meeting his daughter's gaze. "Let's go, little one. Dinner time."

She jumped up quickly and we both laughed, knowing she was excited to finally eat the meal she'd been begging us for. He lifted her into her booster seat and sat beside me, catching my attention.

"And I may have a kid," he said quietly, "but you and I have never done this before. There is no and won't be any comparisons."

I winked. "I love you."

"I love you more, both of my girls, and—"

Dulcie clapped her hands, interrupting his comment. "Mama, macawoni pwease!"

I chuckled. "Alright, impatient princess. Here." I scooped a small portion onto her plate. "Hot dog, too?"

"Yeth, pwease!"

I retrieved one from the water and set it on her Frozen plate before reaching for the knife to cut it into smaller pieces.

"Baby, I can do that," Jamie said. "You need to eat."

"I got it. I won't starve in the next forty seconds." I offered him a smirk and he stuck his tongue out in return.

I finished my task, setting the plate down in front of her. "Please be careful, they're both very hot. Blow on them first."

"I know, Mama."

Jamie smiled at me as we both filled our own plates. "What should we do after dinner?" he asked.

"Movie!" Dulcie yelled.

"We watched movies last night, sweetie. Why don't we pick something else?"

"What?" she asked.

"I don't know," he said. "Ask Mama what she wants to do."

Putting the spotlight on me, I thought to myself, thanks honey.

"What you wan' do?" she asked, chomping on a piece of hot dog.

"We could play a game?" I suggested.

"Yay!" she agreed. "What game?"

Jamie watched me expectantly like she did and I ran through the games in my mind I knew we had.

"We could play Go Fish, or Candyland, or Pie Face..."

"Pie Face! Pie Face!" she chanted.

"Alright," Jamie said to calm her. "You have to eat everything on your plate first, understand?"

She looked at me for reassurance and I nodded. "Otay, Daddy."

"Thank you, Princess." He moved his free hand to rest on my thigh, giving it a comforting squeeze. His touch always leveled me and I welcomed it.

***

I held my breath as Dulcie twisted the lever slowly one more time. The plastic creaked, but still didn't release. She giggled in excitement as she moved it again, and that time it threw the whipped cream in her face. She squealed with glee, instantly scooping it into her mouth.

I laughed as Jamie leaned in to whisper in my ear. "You're letting her waste perfectly useable whipped cream."

I turned to look at him, my gaze naturally falling to his lips and he purposely licked them.

"There's plenty to go around, babe. Don't be jealous."

He grinned, kissing me quickly.

"Eww," she said, her nose turned up.

"Pardon me," Jamie said. "I'm allowed to kiss her. I kiss you don't I?"

She laughed loudly and it made us both join.

"Daddy has cooties!"

I snorted and he snapped his head to me. "Yes, he does!" I concurred.

"You two ganging up on me?" he asked.

"Yeth," Dulcie answered before I could.

"That's my girl." I gave her a wink as she continued licking the stickiness from her fingers.

"You both love my cooties," he said, rolling his eyes.

"You've given me more than cooties," I whispered.

His face lit up like the Rockefeller tree on Christmas.

"Maybe we should give Daddy something in return," I said to Dulcie.

"What you mean?" She raised her hands in question.

I quickly grabbed the can of whipped cream before he could stop me and pressed the tip of it to spray him on the shirt

He merely stared at me, his gaze turning sensuous, but he was saving our playtime for later. I sprayed his lips and Dulcie giggled, cheering me on.

"More!" she yelled.

"More?" I asked him, but he didn't answer.

I gave him two circles on both cheeks, laughing with his daughter at my own masterpiece.

"Are you done?" he asked.

I nodded before leaving one last dot on the tip of his nose. "There, beautiful. Doesn't Daddy look beauti—"

The question didn't even leave my lips before he was rubbing his face against mine. I squealed, trying to stand, but he held me tightly. I leaned as far back as possible, which only caused him to trail his messy face down my neck and in between my breasts. I grabbed a fistful of his hair before he went any further, stopping him in his tracks.

"Mama is funny," Dulcie said, causing him to sit up.

"What's not funny is bath time," Jamie said. "But that's what time it is."

I knew he was ending our game because he'd managed to rev himself up over the whipped cream. He wanted to put her to bed so he could continue what we'd started in private.

"Nooo!" she whined.

"Yesss!" he mocked. "Let's go. Up, up, up."

He stood, moving her chair back so she could jump down. She crossed her arms defiantly, sticking out her bottom lip.

"Dis is funner."

He laughed. "I know, but you're a mess. We need to clean up. All of us."

He shot me a look that promised he wasn't done with our game. A tingle ran down my spine, desiring to be alone with him.

"I'll stay and put everything away," I said. "And meet you for story time."

"Deal," he said. He picked up his protesting toddler and threw her over his shoulder. She instantly forgot why she was angry and started giggling as he bounced her around, carrying her toward the stairs.

I grinned, listening to their banter before they disappeared. Collecting the dishes, I quickly scooped the leftovers into Tupperware and rinsed the plates. I also took a moment to wipe my sticky face off with a wet paper towel. Finishing, I set the dishwasher and walked to living room, picking up all her toys, and putting them back where they belonged. Jamie hated when I cleaned her messes for her, but he'd been the one to insist she go straight upstairs.

After flipping off all the lights, I made my way up to them. The soft scent of baby wash made me nostalgic as I reached the landing, and I instinctively cupped my belly. Just then a naked Dulcie ran out of the bathroom and down the hall, Jamie following behind in his water and whipped cream covered shirt. He noticed me standing at the top of the stairs.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I dropped my hand and smiled. "Perfect."

He watched me for a moment. "Time to get the naked baby to sleep."

I snickered. "She's too quick for you."

He narrowed his eyes. "That she may be, but I think someone else likes my speed just fine."

"Jamie, behave!"

He laughed. "Come on, join us."

I followed him into her room and was greeted with her bare bottom rummaging through her dresser for pajamas. She grabbed a shirt and pants that didn't match, but it didn't matter.

"Here," I said, reaching for them.

She handed them over, raising her arms above her head. I knelt down to her level, turning the shirt around the right way and sliding it over her torso. I opened the pants and tapped her right leg. She held onto my shoulder as she stepped in one foot at a time. I let her pull them up around her waist before kissing her forehead.

Jamie turned down her bed and grabbed a book from the shelf while he waited. She walked past him, crawled onto the mattress and under the covers. She nestled against her pillow, sitting up and waiting for her story. I took a seat on the opposite side of her bed as he sat across from me.

"Do you want me to read this story?" he asked. "Or do you want me to tell you a secret?"

Oh, he was going to break it to her now. I thought he'd forgotten.

"Secwet, Daddy!"

"Okay." He smiled warmly at her before looking over at me.

I nodded my agreement, allowing him to proceed.

"How would you like to be a big sister?" he asked.

Well, that was a blatant way to put it, not even easing her into the confession.

"I dunno," she said, shrugging.

"Someone to play dolls with and games and watch movies."

She stared at him; her face passive, and I worried where her reaction was going to go.

"Well, Mama is going to have a baby," he said. "You'll have a little sibling to love."

She looked to me and her eyes seemed to beg for further explanation.

I sighed, taking the reins. "I'm pregnant. Do you know what that means?"

She shook her head, staying silent.

"It means there is a tiny baby inside my belly and it's going to grow and grow until it's bigger then it will be ready to meet you."

"It not weady now?" she asked.

I smiled. "No, sweetie. Not until December."

"Baby don't wanna meet me?"

Her innocent voice made my heart break. "The baby is very excited to meet you! It's just not allowed to come out until then, doctor's orders."

"I be the big sister?"

"Yes," Jamie interjected. "We will be the mummy and daddy, and you'll be the best sister ever."

Suddenly she started crying and my breath caught in my throat. I expected her to not understand, I didn't expect her to become emotional. Jamie picked her up before I could, cradling her in his arms as she cried on his shoulder.

"Shh," he cooed. "It's okay, Princess. It's a happy time, no need to be sad."

She sobbed incoherently, so I moved to her, kissing the top of her curly blonde locks and rubbing her back below his hand.

"Sweetie, please don't cry," I said.

"You not my mama anymore!" she wailed.

"Oh, Dulcie that's not true," I argued.

"You don't wove me!"

"Hey," Jamie said sternly. "Stop that, you know we both love you."

She continued crying. I nudged him to hand her over and he was reluctant, but she allowed him to move her. Her small arms wrapped around my neck and I stood.

"Careful," Jamie warned.

"I'm fine," I replied, passing him a look. Something he said must've triggered her confusion. "I'm pregnant, not disabled."

I sat us in the chair and gently began rocking. He watched us as she finally quieted down to my shh'ing against her ear.

"You're okay," I whispered.

She moved to look at my face as we rocked back-and-forth. I wiped her tears, smiling so she knew I was happy.

"I love you," I said. "And I always will."

She didn't answer and I heard Jamie take a breath to speak so I went on.

"I will also always be your mama, understand? Daddy will still be yours; nothing can change that. We will simply have one more beautiful baby to love."

"You will be the mummy?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Like my mummy is mine?"

I looked up at my husband and his mouth was agape, seemingly speechless with an inadequate response.

"Right. You have a mommy and I will be a mommy."

"You be my mama?"

I was starting to understand her distinction. Her mom was Mummy and I was Mama, and I didn't know if she'd been told to address me that way, but it made sense to her. Jamie calling me the baby's mommy must've confused her all over, thinking I was going to stop loving her because of it.

"Always. You will share me and Daddy, but we aren't going to love you any less, okay?"

"Otay," she said. "Mommy share, too?"

Jamie interjected at that question. "No," he said.

"Babe," I warned.

"No," he reiterated. Dulcie watched me as I watched him. "You will share with Mama and me."

I closed my eyes to calm my racing thoughts, opening them to meet hers. "I know you're confused, sweet girl. I'm sorry this doesn't make much sense, but you're going to be the best big sister on the planet. You can teach the baby everything you know so it can be smart like you."

She smiled. "You tink I'm smart?"

"Very!" I kissed her forehead and she moved to lie on my chest again.

"I wove you."

"Daddy and I love you very much."

"Yes, we do," he agreed before standing.

I let him take her from me and when he lifted her, I saw her heavy eyelids half closed already. He laid her down and covered her up, tucking her in tightly. He left a kiss on her cheek and when he stepped back, I returned the gesture before we both quietly left the room.

I walked ahead of him to ours, making a beeline for the dresser to change into one of his tees. He met me a few seconds later, gently closing our door and locking it.

"That was...an unexpected challenge," he said.

I stripped down to my panties, sliding the soft material of his Manchester United shirt over my arms where it hung loosely across my stomach. Soon that wouldn't be the case and my pregnant belly would prevent me from wearing even his clothes. That'd make me sadder than my own, because I loved the lingering scent of him and the bagginess they provided. He loved them too, especially taking them off of me more than him.

"Yeah, her tears broke my heart."

"You handled it better than I did."

I met his gaze. "No kidding."

He shrugged. "Unfamiliar territory."

"Jamie, you can't tell her her mommy isn't allowed to be part of what we have."

"I can, because she isn't."

"You also need to be careful with how you refer to me. I'm Mama, not Mommy. She's having enough trouble grasping the pregnancy and sharing us with a baby, we can't confuse her further by ignoring her choice names. You saw how quickly she assumed there was no room for her."

"Stop," he said. "I'm not doing this. I'm sorry about the tongue slip, but I'm not sorry for setting her straight. Right now all I want is to cover you in whipped cream and devour you, not talk about my ex-wife. She has nothing to do with our baby."

I huffed. "I know she doesn't, but you need to watch the way you talk in front of her. She's getting old enough that she'll remember what you say and repeat it to anyone willing to listen. I don't want anything to upset her mom or come between us."

He bit his lip to mask his face-splitting grin. "I love you and your incessant concern. Rest assured anyone will have to go through me first to get to you, Dulcie, or our little one."

I blushed as he pulled me into his torso, engulfing me in his strong embrace. "I love the way things are, and I don't want this little bubble to be popped. That's all."

"It won't be," he promised. "What's more important is watching you become a beautiful mum."

I hugged him tighter. "You're an amazing dad, but I think you already know by Dulcie's affection."

"She's my angel, and this baby will be too. You don't even notice it do you?"

I wrinkled my forehead. "Not sure what you mean."

He left a lingering kiss to my temple and I felt it reach my heart. "Making us dinner, cutting up her food for her, rocking her when she was upset; your instincts have already kicked in. You've changed so much in so little time, it's incredible."

"Don't make me cry, James," I warned.

He laughed at me using his full name. "I'm not trying to, I'm being honest. You should know that I notice every little thing you do and love you more every minute."

I closed my eyes, resting my cheek over his beating heart, listening to its lulling rhythm. "I love you, and appreciate you keeping tabs. I feel like the Kelsey I knew this time last year isn't the same one who's standing here in your arms. And I wouldn't go back for anything. I love our life together and all the pieces that consume our attention. But more than that I can't wait to meet our lucky charm and feel like the woman you see me as."

His hands ran gently up and down my spine, but he didn't respond. We stood in the middle of our bedroom for the longest time merely holding onto one another and thinking of everything yet to come.

He eventually broke the silence. "Where's the whipped cream?"

I chuckled against his chest. "Downstairs."

"Damn," he breathed.

"I may have a little left between my boobs though. Where you so rudely rubbed your face in front of your daughter."

He threw his head back, releasing me from our stance. "Says the woman who covered me in it to begin with."

I trailed a single finger down his cheek and to his lips. "You're sticky, maybe you need a bath too."

He smiled against my skin, kissing my fingerprint before I removed it. "Well how about I lick you clean, dirty you up, and then we can bathe together?"

"I think you may have yourself a deal." I tugged at the top of his pants, walking backwards to the bed so he could fall on top of me.

"Wearing my favorite shirt?" He smirked, his lips barely brushing my own.

"Maybe it's my favorite now. What are you going to do about it?"

His eyes bounced between mine as I ran my fingers through his hair. "Watch my baby grow beneath it."

I giggled. "So you're saying it can be my pregnancy shirt?"

He kissed my bottom lip when I pouted. "It's yours, but right now I want to see it on the floor."

***

What did you think? Please don't forget to vote and/or comment before departing! Remember, your votes help get this story ranked and noticed in the Wattpad community! Feel free to share with any fellow readers/writers you think would enjoy :) I appreciate it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357K 10.3K 38
AUTHORS NOTE: This is undergoing major editing. I started writing this when I was young, so please just accept what I've done and don't comment on ho...
9.6K 171 19
Laura and Morgan dated and were inseparable when they were freshman in high school. After a hard break up and a couple years go by, what happens when...
11.1K 592 19
Credit: (inspired by 'Brother's conflict' anime by Natsuko Takahashi)✨ "I will not accept my classmate as my sibling" . "I'm ready to loose everythi...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

130K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...