Bound for Glory - Year 2

By YourWorshipfulness

The show goes on. More

Prologue
Week 1 - New Year, New Everything
Week 2//Part 1 - Odds and Ends
Week 2//Part 2 - Crush for Hire
Week 4//Part 1 - She Could be a Killer, You Know
Week 4//Part 2 - A New Storyline
Week 5 - I'll Probably End Up In Flames Before the End of the Night
Week 6 - Rumble Aftermath
Week 7//Part 1 - I Can Make You Glad You Came
Week 7//Part 2 - UAE Unloaded
Week 8//Part 1 - A Fresh Face
Week 8//Part 2 - The Daunting Dawsons
Week 9 - Every Piece of Your Heart
Week 10//Part 1 - Verbal Abuse & Chocolate Mousse
Week 10//Part 2 - Special Delivery for the Brooks
Week 11 - Wild Ones (WRESTLEMANIA XXVIII)
Week 12 - Only a Memory
Week 13 - Europe//Part 1 - There's a First Time for Everything
Week 14 - Europe//Part 2 - I Feel for You
Week 15 - Europe//Part 3 - Rainbow Sprinkles
Week 16 - Extreme Rules Mean No Rules At All
Week 17 - You Wish He Could Make You Feel the Way I Do
Week 18 - Burning the Midnight Oil
Week 19//Part 1 - Hitting Bedrock
Week 19//Part 2 - Those With Glass Hearts Shouldn't Break Them
Week 20 - Improper Usage
Week 21 - Pepsi Makes the World Go 'Round
Week 22 - Love Thy Boss
Week 23 - House Hunting & Knee Pillows
Week 24 - Japan//Part 1 - Screw You Noodles
Week 24 - Japan//Part 2 - Three Times the Trouble
Week 25//Part 1 - Don't Ask Me to Go, I'm Already Gone, Part 1
Week 25//Part 2 - Don't Ask Me to Go, I'm Already Gone, Part 2
Week 26 - Copy Cat
Week 27 - The Curtain Finally Closes
Epilogue
Author's Note

Week 3 - A Movie Premiere and Malicious Intent

118 0 1
By YourWorshipfulness

This week's match of the chapter is Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella from ECW! I really miss The Bellas' old theme song.

Ending of LA Noire in external link for those who want to see it :)  >>>>>

Sorry this one's so short! I was crunched for time :/ Next one WILL be longer! Promise :)

________________________________________________________________________________

                                                   January 13th, 2012

                                                       “LA Noire”

                     Driving to Grauman's Chinese Theatre (Los Angeles, California), limo, around . . . 7pm

*Kathryn's POV*

“I'm nervous,” I declared, playing with the hem of my dark pink dress. AJ clicked her tongue.

“Don't be,” She shrugged.

“It's not that simple,” I snapped. “I'm starring in a movie that's based on a bestselling video game whose lead character is a man. In case any of you haven't noticed, I am a woman.”

“Oh, I'm sure of that,” Alex chimed in. I shot him a glare.

“Shut up,” I mumbled.

“Dude, why are you such a bundle of nerves?” Punk asked, leaning his elbow on the windowsill. “Calm down!”

“I can't calm down,” I said through my teeth.

“Well, I'm going to make you if you don't stop shaking, because your leg is right up on mine right now,” Alma, right next to me, said, shoving my leg aside with hers. I rolled my eyes and scooted a little bit to my right. “Thank you.”

“Welcome,” I sighed.

“Dude, you're gonna be fine,” AJ said, leaning forward and patting my knee reassuringly.

“Guys,” I said, immensely pissed off, “I'd really appreciate you all simultaneously shutting your mouths right about now.”

“Okay,” they all said at slightly different times. I sighed and rest my head on my hand, trying to calm my nerves.

Seriously, who are they to tell me to calm down? I mean, really. They're my nerves, I should be able to let them be shaky whenever I so please. A lot of work went into this movie, though, and I wasn't sure if people would like it or not. I was also confused as to why this wasn't a “WWE Studios” production. Eh, not like I'm complaining or anything. I'd almost rather . . . well, no.

“Hey, we're here,” Alma said, jabbing my side with her elbow. I fidgeted uncomfortably at the sudden contact and shot her a glare. “Would you rather I pour the provided champagne on you?”

“No,” I grumbled, making my way to the door.

When we stepped out, we were ambushed by an array of camera flashes. I smiled for the photographers and as did everyone else. We stood by the promotional posters and struck some poses, talked with a few interviewers, and then we were finally let in. As we walked through the large lobby, I stuck close to Punk. He seemed like he'd be the quickest to pounce if something went wrong. In response to me staying at his side, he patted my shoulder and bent down to whisper in my ear.

“You're gonna be fine,” he said. I swallowed hard. “Stop worrying.”

I looked up at him with a thankful look and he smiled. I just now noticed that there were other people from WWE here. Amazing. Fantastic. More potential for embarrassment. That's all I needed. I decided that there would be haters no matter what. Typical wrestling career, only this is a movie premiere. Same thing in some aspects.

Once we all piled into the theater, I took notice and awed at the red and gold curtain in front of the screen and carvings on the walls all around it. I stationed myself in between Punk and AJ in a row about five up from the screen. I tapped my foot quickly on the crowd until AJ put her foot on mine firmly, giving me a “Stop it” look. I nodded meekly.

“Jeez, girl, calm yourself,” she laughed, adjusting her dress. I rolled my eyes.

“Stop saying that,” I said, folding my arms. “It's not that simple, I hope you realize.”

It was her turn to roll her eyes. “Yes, it is. You're an awesome actress and I'm sure you did really well. Stop being a bundle of nervous nerves and watch your d*** movie.”

I was a little taken aback by her sudden firmness with me. “Okay,” was all I said.

“Good,” she said back.

* * *

Well, about halfway through it I was highly impressed with myself. My performance gained some laughter and gasps from the audience watching. I even laughed a little myself when I got ran over by the bulldozer. The only part I didn't like was when Iyari Limon did a scene with me. Gross. I didn't like her on Buffy and I don't like her now. But all in all, it was actually really good.

“Told you,” Punk and AJ managed to say simultaneously during one of my final scenes. I pursed my lips at them.

I was in the tunnel. And I was helping the German woman and Bekowsky out of it as the water was coming. I smirked a little but tried to hide it.

We sort of ad-libbed with this next part when we forgot our lines . . .

Go, you idiot!” Bekowsky yelled at me. “You're going to get killed!”

You don't think I know that?” I asked, a little pissed off. I chuckled a little. “Now go!” I held out my hands for Bekowsky to get a boost. He went up reluctantly and the space between myself and the grate opening was too large and I couldn't make it up.

I saw AJ flinch as I “died” and I knew I had done a swell job. Exactly the reaction I was hoping for. I looked around at my fellow rowmates and their faces were either scrunched up or had expressions that showed their mouths slightly open and their eyes a little wide. I bit my lip.

After the final scene, the lights came back on and everyone stood and clapped. I stood and did the same. I couldn't stop smiling. I was proud of myself, that's for sure.

* * *

“I may or may not be tempted to play that game now,” Maria said as we all walked out of the theater. I laughed.

“Hey,” Tamina walked up to me. “Awesome job, girl.”

“Thanks,” I said, smiling.

I received the same congratulatory greetings from Kharma, Ted DiBiase, Kaitlyn, Alberto, Evan, and Beth Phoenix before a familiar face came up to me.

“Hey, boss job,” John said. My eyes flickered to him and I stopped dead in my tracks. “I didn't know you were such a good actor.”

My mind went back to us kissing and Alex almost killing him in Grand Rapids on the Fourth of July. “Thank you. Say, I saw Kaitlyn earlier. I would've thought you'd wanna catch up with her.” I pointed my thumb in the direction I saw her go.

“Ah, yes I do, actually,” he said, putting a hand on my shoulder. “Thanks.”

I watched him go for a second before turning back ahead of me. I pulled back at the gauntlet of eyes staring at me. “Yes?”

“Please don't tell me,” Kat said, grasping my arm firmly with both hands. I laughed.

“No, no, no,” I said, waving her off and beginning to walk. “No chance in hell.”

“Wow, really?” Alma asked, following at my side. I nodded.

“Really,” I said. “I mean, he's hot and everything, but the beard's a little off-putting.” A couple stifled snickers came from my friends. “That and I have no emotional attraction to him whatsoever.”

“Oh! These grapes are sour,” Punk said, smirking at me. I looked at him.

“I don't think sour grapes means what you think it means,” I said, shaking my head at him. He waved me off.

“Well, whatever it means—”

“PUNK!”

We all jumped at the sudden loud voice summoning Punk. The aforementioned put his hand over his heart and took a few deep breaths. I looked behind him to try and see who was calling him.

“Straight Edge Dumb***, look at me when I'm talking to you.”

I covered my mouth with my fingers to stifle laughter. Chris. Who else? Punk shot the blond and glare as he walked up next to him. He looked good in his black suit and white shirt (matching tie). I gave him a once over involuntarily and inwardly hit myself.

“What, peacock?” Punk shot at him, jerking his shoulder away from Chris's arm.

“I thought that was my nickname,” Mike chimed in.

“Yeah, until you bring back the purple pinstripe I don't think it is,” Alma said, fingering her boyfriend's hair.

Chris sent the pair a withering smile before turning his head to Punk. “Vince wants us to—”

“AAAAAAAAAAUUUUURRRGGGH!” Punk screamed, putting his head in his hands. Everyone in the lobby turned to look at him for a moment before going back to whatever they were doing before. “NO! JUST NO!”

“What?” Chris laughed, putting his arms out to his sides. Punk shot him a hard look and he pulled back.

“'What?'”

“Yes, 'what.'”

“I am NOT doing jack **** with you,” Punk pointed his index finger at Chris's face. In response, Chris smirked and went to bite his finger, to which Punk jumped back a little. “***.”

“Yeah, that's real nice,” the blond said ever so casually, pocketing his hands. “What I was going to say before I was rudely interrupted by your impression of a walrus having an asthma attack, Vince wants us to meet with him in his office for a storyline idea. It's not exactly my ideal way of starting out my third coming, either.”

A bounty of us—excluding Punk—did our best not to laugh but failed. Punk gave us all looks.

“Y'all can shut your faces, hear me?” he said, pointed his index finger at all of us.

“Dude, what's your problem?” Chris asked.

“My problem is that I don't like you, Jericho,” Punk said, folding his arms. I rose an eyebrow. “I'd rather be gagged with a spoon than do any kind of angle involving you.”

“Well, how about I gag you with the popcorn machine?” “Peacock” proposed, nodding to the concession stand. “Maybe after that you'll be a tad too preoccupied to think solely of yourself.”

A low round of “Oooos” came from us.

“Phil?” Maria said, putting her hand on her husband's shoulder. “Please don't take him up on that offer? I know you want to, but please don't. At least not in one of the most famous theaters in the entire world.”

Punk sucked on his lip. “Fine.” In response to Chris's smirk, he said, “Don't think this is over, Blondie.”

Chris put his hands up and deadpanned. “I'm terrified.” He turned to me and took a step closer. “I originally came to say congrats. You were amazing.”

I smiled. “Thanks. Means a lot.”

As he left, I noticed him steal a little look at AJ. My eyebrows shot up and I looked at her. She was oblivious to me thoroughly noticing her flirty smile. An odd feeling stirred up in my stomach as we continued through the lobby. I didn't like it. Not one bit.

AJ jabbed my ribs with her elbow as we walked out into the night. “He's cute, isn't he?”

I chose not to mention the fact that I told her that like a week ago. I also chose not to mention what he said about her last I spoke to him. “I guess.”

                                                   January 16th, 2012

                                       “For the Love of the English”

            WWE Monday Night RAW, Honda Center (Anaheim, California), backstage area, around . . . 7:39pm

“It's straight up ridiculous.”

“No, it's not.”

“I'm not doing it!”

“You have to or you'll lose your job.”

“I don't care.”

“Do you really mean that?”

“. . .”

“Yeah, I didn't think so.”

Arguing with Punk was an arduous task no matter who you were. He seriously needs to get over this little hissy fit about an angle with Chris. Honestly, what's so bad about that? Eve doesn't like Beth but they did a storyline together! Well, sort of. Not really, but still!

“Listen, Mittens,” I said, referencing the white wrist tape he'd just put on, earning an incredulous glare from him, “I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal. It's not like I wanted to feud with Kat.”

“I thought you said that storyline was fun,” He furrowed his brow.

“It was,” I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. He threw his arms out. “After I got used to the idea of it! You just have to get used to the idea of feuding with Jericho. Not that difficult.”

“It is, though,” Punk adjusted his title on his shoulder. The glare the lights made off of it got me in the eye. “I really don't like that guy.”

“Tough,” I said, shrugging my shoulders. “Deal with it.”

“Dude—”

“Deal. With. It,” I said. “Find a way. I need to go get ready for my—”

“Hello there, love.”

My breath caught in my throat at the familiar voice. I knew who was behind me as soon as Punk's jaw dropped. I shut my eyes tightly and didn't turn around.

“Hello?” the voice said again, this time putting its arm around my shoulder. “Are you deaf?”

I wished I was. I opened my eyes and looked to my left, seeing Kayla. She didn't look much different aside from her violet contacts being absent and more eyeliner lining her eyes.

“No, but I want to be,” I said, looking away from her. Although, it was refreshing to be around a Diva who doesn't douse herself in perfume. “Feeling better?” I lightly kicked the knee of hers I tore up at Money in the Bank last year.

“Much,” she answered, smiling brightly at me, however not baring her teeth.

“Good,” I said, looking her dead in her Kelly green eyes. Punk clicked his tongue.

“I'll just leave you ladies alone, then,” he said, turning on his heel and walking down the hall.

We kept our eyes locked for a couple moments before Kayla took her arm away and pushed me up against the wall behind me. I was caught off guard, so I couldn't completely regain my bearings before she tried to slap me. I managed to block it but dropped my title in the process.

“You'll pay, I swear you will,” she grumbled in my face. I shoved her hard away from me and scowled at her.

“Yeah? When's that?” I asked, picking up my title off the floor.

“Soon enough,” as all she said before walking with purpose down the hall. I watched her leave, a quizzical expression on my face.

Something tells me I'm going to have to watch my back. Either that or get some security to follow me around. Either seems fit for the situation given.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 50 94
Growing up , learning from your mistake , trying to find out why your having weird feelings for a friend and dealing with complicated things life thr...
38.9K 238 27
One boy with a problem, Two girls with a secret, and a drama-filled tour. You call that a disaster, while Justin calls it life. When Justin is gettin...
1.8M 42K 38
'Fact: British guys are not cute. Never have been; never will be!' Meet Nora. During the day, she's a crazed, Irish student trying to survive the in...