Across Boundaries (COMPLETED)

By dare_to_dreamxoxo

Update: I realised today (5 years after I actually started writing) that this book is cringe as fvck and need... More

Chapter 1 | I Really Didn't Do This Thing
Chapter 2 | The New Admission.
Chapter 3 | Did You Really Just Walk Into That Wall?
Chapter 4 | Your Order, Sir?
Chapter 5 | Dylan Delicious Scott
Chapter 6 | Take That, You Jerk.
Chapter 7 | I Seriously Needed To Stop Thinking About Her.
Chapter 8 | Saviour? My Foot!
Chapter 9 | The Perverts Here Aren't Even Racist.
Chapter 10| I Am Not A Nerd.
Chapter 11 | Tugged Heartstrings
Chapter 12 | The Game
Chapter 13 | Things On Mind
Chapter 14 | Fights, Princesses and Bribes
Chapter 15 | No More Sorrys
Chapter 16 | Just Trying To Figure Her Out
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26 (I)
26 (II)
27
28
29
30
31
32
Chapter 33 | A Lot More To A Relationship
Chapter 34 | Lets Sleep Together.
Chapter 35 | You Know You're Amazing?
Chapter 36 | This Was My Home Turf.
Chapter 37 | There's Only So Much Beauty I Can Stand.
Chapter 38 | You Sure Wonder A Lot.
Chapter 39 | I Love You.
Chapter 40 | Of Holes And Rips.
Chapter 41 | What A Tease.
Chapter 42 | Back Off.
Chapter 43|Gisele
Chapter 44 | You Bet.
Chapter 45 | I'm Dylan...
Chapter 46| Don't Forget To Breathe.
Chapter 47 | Her Real Mr. Right.
Chapter 48 | Four Months Later
Chapter 49 | That You Love Me...
Chapter 50 | Break A Leg {FINAL CHAPTER} UNEDITED
♦️EPILOGUE♦️

18

2.4K 143 4
By dare_to_dreamxoxo

Mira

I woke up in a dark room surrounded by thick comfy covers, my throbbing head resting on soft pillows. The curtains were drawn to prevent any light from entering the room. I shifted slightly so that I was seated against the pillows and clutched my head in both hands. It was throbbing so badly that I felt it would explode any time. I sighed and pushed my legs out of the cover sitting at the edge of the bed as I searched around blindly for my glasses even though I did not need them anymore but it had become a habit over the years. I put them on and completely threw the covers off myself shivering when the cold air hit my bare legs.

Bare legs.

Wait.

What bare legs?!!

I looked down at my legs and my eyes widened,an involuntary shriek escaping my lips even before I could make out what had happened. I heard the door click open and instinctively I dived inside the covers. I squinted hard to make out the outline of the person who had just entered the room,my heartbeat quickening out of fear. Pushing away all my less than comforting thoughts that included getting kidnaped by some notorious gang and getting blindfolded before they murdered me brutally, I pulled the covers further upto my chin and closed my eyes ready to scream at the top of my lungs if the newcomer tried to pull any stunt.

I felt the person nearing my bed and immediately screamed. I felt two hands shaking me but I went on screaming ,kicking and flailing like a madwoman shaking my head with my hands on my ears.

''No. Stay away you bastard. Don't come any near or I will kill you, I swear.'' I threatened kicking around violently.

I guess I hit the person because I heard him hiss in pain as he let out a string of very colourful words.

SCORE.

I immediately shoved away the covers which already seemed in a mess and jumped to the other side of the bed, grabbing the first thing my hand touched.

A vase.

Raising it above my head I gave a war cry and lunged towards the intruder ignoring that I had practically no clothes on and that my head was throbbing like crazy.

''STOP MIRA,STOP.'' I heard the person shout.

Amazingly,the person sounded exactly like Dylan.

Dylan.

OH FREAK.

I abruptly stopped screaming and jumped when the room was flooded with light. My eyes widened at the sight before me. Dropping the vase on the bed I slumped back against the pillows letting out a sigh of relief. Dylan was standing at the edge of my bed with one of his hands raised in a gesture of surrender as he clutched his side with his other hand while glaring at me painfully.

SHIT.

''Oh.'' I muttered.

''Yeeeaaaaah.'' Dylan nodded as he slumped onto my bed still clutching his side.

I scooted a little further to give him space.

''D-Does i-it hurt?'' I asked cautiously.

''Not that much. But you kick like a frickin' bitch.'' He hissed.

''I am s-so sorry, I-I just got f-frightened.'' I replied feeling guilty.

''Its okay.'' He smiled.''It doesn't hurt that much now.''

''Really?''

''Yeah, I am fine''

''Okay.'' I nodded playing with a strand of my dark wavy hair to hide my embarrassment.

I felt his gaze on me and I realized that he was looking at me in those minimalistic clothes. I gasped audibly and quickly pulled the covers upto my shoulders. I looked away as a heated blush rose to my cheeks when I saw Dylan's eyes twinkle with amusement as if he remembered something really funny.

''Shy,are we princess?'' His smirk grew wider when I blushed even a deeper shade of red.

''Shut up.'' I muttered.

''Okay.'' He shrugged.'' Did you take the pills though?'' He said after a moment.

''No. What pills?'' I asked confused.

''The pills that I kept on your side drawer.'' He gave me a questioning look.

''As I told you, no. Why was I supposed to take them though? What's wrong with me. I'm perfectly normal.'' I shrugged.

Dylan's eyes widened but he quickly composed himself coughing a little as he muttered something inaudible under his breath.

''Um, y-you mean that you are perfectly fine?''

''Yeah.'' I nodded.

''L-Like no headache or stuff like that?'' He raised an eyebrow.

''Yeah, I have a slight headache but that's no big deal.''

''No big deal?'' His eyes widened.

GOD, HE WAS BEHAVING SO AWKWARDLY.

''Yes, I mean I suffer from acute migraine so... yeah.'' I smiled faintly '' Why are you acting so weird though? Are you ill or something?'' I checked his forehead pressing the back of my hand to it.

''Nope, I am fine.'' He shook his head closing his eyes.

''Oh. Then?'' I muttered confused.

Dylan glanced at me doubtfully. ''You really think you got the headache due to migraine?''

''Um yeah.''

''How do you know that it is not a hangover?''

I bit my lip confused.
"What are you even talking about?"
"Uh I don't know . Are you fine? I mean don't you feel groggy or weird as if the whole world's swimming or like you are heady?" Dylan rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and seeing that I was giving him suspiscious looks immediately began coughing unnaturally loud.

OHKAY. "Dylan, is everything fine?" I asked suspisciously. Seriously what was wrong with this boy. "Yeah?" He nodded but it seemed more like a question.

I raised an eyebrow. His gaze faltered. Clearing his throat he managed to say,"How can you be so sure that it is not a hangover." I shook my head baffled. What the hell did my headache have to do with hangover? " I don't know. " I shrugged,"I guess it does not feel like it's a hangover, that's why. " I explained, still very much confused. Dylan gave me a look that said' Is that even a reason?' " Okay, I will try to tell you then." I spoke sighing at his lack of common sense. If I had a hangover, wouldn't I know? Anywaaaay. I explained further. "Erm ,because I don't drink.'' I shrugged casually.

''Like never?''

''Nope, never.'' I shook my head.

''Oh great then.'' Dylan stood up to leave but I stopped him by his hand because I knew there was something he wasn't telling me and I wanted to know what that was, because whatever it was, it was clearly bothering him.

''What?'' I asked softly pulling him to sit back on the bed again.

''Nothing.''

''Come on. You can trust me.'' I reassured him squeezing his hand.
I felt him mutter under his breath, something that sounded a lot like ' It's me I don't trust right now.'
I seemed to be saying that a lot today. "Promise me that you won't get mad.'' He looked up at me expectantly with pleading eyes.

''Ohhhkaaaay.'' I nodded eyeing him suspiciously.

He ran a hand through his hair messing them up even more as he looked down at the bed not looking me in the eye.

''That headache you have..'' He began.

''Mhmm''

''That headache you have is not due to migraine'' He admitted enbarrassed colour rapidly rising to his cheeks.

''Yeah?''

''Um yeah, its because you got drunk yesterday,really drunk when I was taking mom's call. I don't know how that happened but when I finished the call I looked for you. After sometime I found you at one of the shops.'' He clutched at his hair, his whole body tense. ''I am really sorry. I know this must be shocking for you but please do not blame yourself for it. Its not your fault. You got into this mess due to me.''

WHERE THE HELL WAS DYLAN FREAKING SCOTT? I never thought that I would find the bad boy apologizing, and that too to me. I guess it just did not go with his image. Sure he could be extraordinarily cute when he wanted to be but right now I really doubted that my ears were hearing things. I mean it was a lot to process. So many things all at once. And things that I had never thought would happen too. Me getting drunk? No waaaay. Gods, I had really managed to mess things up so much. I had committed such a huge mistake. How could I get drunk? That was one of my never to do things.

It took a moment for the knowledge to sink in. I closed my eyes running my hands through my hair. I had vowed to never touch alcohol in my life after what my total arse of a father used to do when he got drunk which was like 364 days out of 365 days in an year.

Normally I would have felt ashamed at myself but now with Dylan gazing down at me, I felt strangely calm for some stupid reason. The events of that day came rushing back to my mind and as I rewinded all that had happened I realized that my punch had probably been spiked and that I did not feel any self anger except for a small regret that I had been careless and that a little carefulness could have prevented it. So finally I concluded that whatever had happened was a mistake and that I had not taken alcohol deliberately. I was actually a victim of my own stupidity.

ONE MISTAKE COULD BE FORGIVEN,RIGHT?

''Its okay, Dylan. No need to feel sorry. Its not at all your fault'' I spoke softly.

''Oh no, I knew you would blame yourself but....wait what?'' Dylan's head snapped up as his eyes widened in realization.

''Yes, It wasn't your fault. Just my ignorance really. I should have been more careful.'' I shrugged.

He blinked his eyes once. Twice. Thrice.

''So.. so you're letting it go? Just like that?'' He asked surprised and confused.

''Just like that.'' I nodded smiling faintly.

''So am I like..forgiven?'' Dylan asked hopefully.

''Yes, you are like forgiven.'' I smirked.

''Um thanks, I promise I will make it up to you.''

''There is no need and yeah,um...does Rebecca know?'' I asked hoping she did not.

''Nope, mom wasn't here when I brought you home yesterday evening.''

''Oh'' I sighed gratefully.

''Afraid you'll ruin your reputation?''He smirked.

AND BOOM. DYLAN FREAKING SCOTT WAS BACK. And to be completely honest, I liked him better this way.

''Shut up.'' I smiled faintly.

''You were quite weird yesterday,though.'' Dylan mused.

No no no no.

''WHAT?''I screamed. '' What happened?Did I embarrass you?Did I do something stupid?''

''Yeah,something like that.'' Dylan smirked.

''Tell me what happened. I don't wanna die in suspense.'' I whined.

Dylan gave me a look.

''You walked the ramp in that dress and posed like you were a supermodel.'' I could sense his amusement in his voice but his eyes were sincere as he pointed at my dress, so one thing was sure. He wasn't messing with me.

I groaned hiding my face in my hands. I heard Dylan chuckle his deep throaty laugh as he tried to pry off my hands from my face.

''No. No. Nooooooh. Please tell me you're kidding.'' I cried, my voice coming out more like a muffled babbling sound.

''You looked smokin' hot though. The crowd that you were posing for was totally going crazy, I swear. " Dylan shrugged and winced when I smacked him on the shoulder. Hard.

''Ow, what the fu-freak was that for?'' He groaned rubbing his shoulder, quickly correcting his words.

I smiled at that.

''For calling me h-hot.'' I blushed fiercely as I looked down at my knees.

HEY, ITS NOT MY FAULT. I WAS NOT USED TO SUCH COMPLIMENTS. AND FROM BOYS? NO WAY.

''Awww, you are blushing.'' Dylan laughed. ''You're so sweet, princess.'' He said wiping away fake tears.

I blushed even harder as I shoved him off my bed and out of my room ignoring his protests.

''Take those pills, cara.'' I heard him shout as he went outside and smiled to myself.

HOLY CRACKERS, HE DEFINITELY CARED FOR ME.

***

Sometime in the late evening we had our first study session. To tell the truth Dylan wasn't nearly as bad as he had let on. It was crystal clear that he was exaggerating in the car.

I didn't want to be alone with him for two hours in his room or even mine for that matter. Not that I didn't trust him but I just didn t want to get too frank or open with him. At least not more than I already was.

He was good and I almost doubted if he even needed tuition but I couldn't object. I mean I was getting a nice pay and he too had no problem with it.

Our hands brushed a lot, eyes met but I didn't say anything. Nor did he.

Guess it was better this way.

____________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...
1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
73.3K 3.5K 56
[COMPLETED] [MATURE CONTENT] Rankings:- #1 matureromance 01/01/21 #1 meangirl 13/01/21 #1 boxer 18/01/21 #1 jock 07/02/21 #1 bitch 05/04/21 #1 antih...
108K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...