The Test || Dave East FF

By kaylexo

Book #2 to the Kaydence & Dani series. Kaydence gets out of prison for capital murder with the help of the d... More

Attention!
RECAP/ No Clue
Closer
Small City
Talk/ Small City 2
Break Up
Forigve Me
Hater
Depressed Time
Worth A Try
Friends
Below the Belt
Unwanted Guest
Getting His/Meeting The Parents
Maybe Not
Mind Playing Tricks
Hating On The Low
Lookin' For Revenge
What A Coincidence
Leavin' The Game
Leavin' The Game 2
Secrets
Back At It Again
Trippin'
New Chapter
Big News
OG
Truth Never Dies
Drug Dealin'
Christmas Eve
Big Things
SERIOUS QUESTION
Temporary Happiness
One Option
Pillow Talkin'
Make Up
It's a Set Up
Promise
Never Telling
Destroyed
Moving On
F*ck It
Liar
It's On
Seems Wrong, Feels Right
Something New
Last Straw
Retaliation
A Losing Game
Preview
A/N
A/N

Weird Shit

21.2K 784 144
By kaylexo

AN: I'm trying my hardest not to give you guys too much in one chapter, tryna keep everything at a steady pace before it all blows up but aye, I finally hit 900 followers so I'm hype lol. Thank y'all so much! Oh and my birthday is Saturday so I probably won't be updating until sometime in the middle of next week but I promise to make it juicy for yall. Anyway, vote & comment and most importantly, I love you guys! ❤️

Daniella's POV

I knocked on my parent's door and waited until my dad answered it. "Hey babygirl." He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead before letting me in.

"Your mom is in the back watering those darn flowers." He said as the two of us walked towards the backyard. When my mom heard the slide door open she stopped what she was doing and came in our direction.

"I wanna talk to you Daniella." She said dryly. I was hoping that there wasn't more bad news but from the looks of it, there was. "What's going on?"

"I don't like your friend..." She frowned. I knew she was talking about Kaydence but I wanted to know what her reasoning was.

"Why not?"

"He just seems like too much. He looks like he comes from the proje-"

"What're you saying dear? I come from where the people are poor and they fight all of the time but that doesn't define who someone is as a person because if it did, there would be no such thing as you and I." My dad chimed in. I nodded in agreement as my mom stared at me with worry.

"All I'm saying is that he looks kinda dangerous. I'm just scared for you Dani, that's all." She rubbed my shoulder. "He isn't that type of guy. You don't have to be scared for me."

"Well just keep your eyes opened, please. So many people are getting hurt and stuff these days. All of these terri-"

"Mama, just relax. I'll be fine." I interrupted her before she went on a rant.

"So what about Wes?" She removed her gardening gloves and led the way back inside the house.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you guys done for good?"

"Yes.."

"Are you sure you're making the right decision Dani?" She asked nervously as we followed her into the livingroom.

"How would I be sure? Only time can tell if I'm making the right decision but right now, I'm going with the flow and following my heart." My dad smiled and nodded his head at me while smirking.

"I'm so glad that you're grown and mature enough to know exactly what you want. That's my girl!" He butted in, giving me a high five. Even when I made terrible choices some times, my dad always stood by me and this was probably why I was closer to him.

"Just don't let him hurt you and if he does, you know who to call." He winked at me and then left me and my mom alone.

She smiled a smile of uncertainty before she started talking. "Don't trust men." She reminded me and took my hands into hers, holding them tight.

"Don't give that man your all until you get to know him better. It took me three years to trust your dad completely." I nodded, taking in what she was saying.

"How come you didn't tell me all of this when I let you meet Wesley?" I asked.

"Because he was different. Wesley wasn't high when we met him." She chuckled before speaking again. "He had on a nice tux and pulled your chair out for you..."

"Ok mama. I get it." I said. I hated how much she 'liked' Wesley even after I explained to her why we weren't together. She didn't seem to care and was still throwing hints from time to time about how we should be together. I wasn't with it. We were both cheating and that was all that mattered.

"That's the man for you. I'm telling you. You'll see soon." She let my hands go and smiled.

Kaydence's POV

"I don't know why she won't answer the phone." I said to myself as I paced back and forth on the porch. I called Ayriel at least 30 times and her shit was going straight to voicemail. "Fuck it."

I walked back inside and into the living room where Karcyn was sitting in the middle of the couch watching cartoons. When she saw me come in she reached for me to pick her up so I sat down and put her on my lap. She laid her back against my torso and continued to watch tv until she dozed off into a nap.

It was odd as hell that Ayriel hadn't called to check on her or anything and it was starting to bother me. I hoped she was straight but I wasn't about to go searching for her ass. She knew what was going on with Karcyn and she knew that we were at my mama's crib so she could've made it her business to come through. There was no excuse but I wasn't tripping, Karcyn was gonna be straight regardless.

Tonight I was going to New York to pick up a serve from the delivery dude, Tommy, and then I was coming back to Baltimore in the morning. I was excited as hell to be selling some island smoke to the streets because I knew it was gon' sell fast which meant money was gon' come fast.

I turned the tv to ESPN and tuned in to the basketball game that was on. This was my first time watching tv since I saw myself on the news. So much shit was going on that I kinda forgot that I was wanted for two accounts of first degree and attempted murder.

I was running the streets while the police were probably bounty hunting for my ass but it was like I couldn't stop. The game ran through my veins and I wasn't ready to give the shit up yet. I had money in accounts that couldn't be touched so I had to do what I had to do to keep my pockets right. After all, I did have a child to feed.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and Christian's name came across the screen. I hadn't talked to her in months.

"Yeah, what's good?" I spoke into the phone.

"KD.. we needa talk." She sounded serious. "About what? Everything straight?"

"I dunno. When are you free?"

"Now but I got my daughter with me. I can slide you this address and you can come thru."

"Man you know I don't have a damn car."

"Let's talk over the phone then."

"No KD, no. I'll catch an über. What's the address?" I gave her the address and told her that I would pay and take her back home once we finished 'talking' before ending the call. I wondered what the hell this could possibly be about.

2 hours later

I paid the driver before walking back towards the porch with Christian behind me.

"Now wassup?" I asked, getting straight to the nitty-gritty.

"Remember what happened with Dontae right?"

"Yeah. Why you asking?" My palms started sweating because I had a feeling she was bouta tell me some bullshit.

Asia's POV

"You ready?" Peaches asked me as I slid on my g-string. I nodded and looked myself over in the mirror. This was my first time dancing in about 6 months and I was nervous. I promised myself that I wouldn't go back to this lifestyle but being Mike's slave wasn't cutting it for me so I had to do something else and fast.

I fixed the loose strands of hair in my head, trying to make everything perfect. "Lets go then." Peaches led the way to VIP and the closer we got, the harder my heart started beating.

Guys came from every direction offering both me and Peaches drinks but as most strippers knew, you had to turn these type of dudes down unless they had on some designer of some sort or offered to buy drinks while handing you a hundred dollar bill. We continued walking through the VIP until we got to the very back. This was where the real money makers hung out.

"Ayo, come dance for me ma!" A guy held his hand up, trying to get my attention over the loud music. I smirked and strutted in his direction.

"I don't do this shit for a lil bit of change." I said. Peaches went on doing her own thing. The dude pulled out a wad of money, waving it in my face.

"You gonna shake your ass or what? Money ain't shit baby girl, I got it." I wasn't a newbie to this stripping shit and I knew that these niggas would try to rob you for a session without paying you what you were worth. So it was either rob, be robbed, or play it fair and there was no telling what these men had up their sleeves.

"I need a drink to get me started.. the tipsier, the freakier." I winked at him and watched as he pulled a crispy hundred from his bankroll. I took it and headed towards the bar, making sure I made my ass jiggle with every step in case he was looking.

I ordered two drinks and put the change in my thong before heading back to him. Several guys stopped me but I wanted to get at this other nigga first, get em for what he had, and then go on to the next. It was about to be a long night.

Christian's POV

"I don't know how to say this. . ." I said to KD, nervous as hell. There was some crazy ass shit going on and I just didn't know how to break it down.

"Just talk."

"Well, uh. . . He, he isn't dead." I said quickly. He scrunched his eyebrows as he stared at me. "You said what?"

"He isn't dead KD. You didn't kill him."

Dontae and Ayriel were keeping in contact and I caught on to this a few days ago. Her and I met and he ended up facetiming her while I was around and she declined it but not quick enough to stop me from seeing his contact name. This was some real deal lifetime movie shit.

"What the fuck you mean I ain't kill him? How you know this?" KD asked. Bullets of sweat were rolling down his forehead.

"It wa-"

"You set this shit up?"

"No KD. I didn't! Listen. . I just need you to know that this man isn't dead and you needa watch your surroundings, ok?"

"Man fuck this shit!" He punched the porch, causing me to jump. A bitch was shell shocked since he killed Dre. This nigga had me scared as hell because his ass was unpredictable. Everything he did was a surprise.

He sat in the chair and held his head with his hands. He was like this for a good five minutes before he finally spoke.

"You ready to go home?" I nodded and headed towards the car with him trailing behind me.

The entire ride was silent. I could tell that he was in deep thought and there was no telling what would happen next, all I knew was that it wasn't going to end good.

We pulled up in front of my apartment and he stopped me before I got out. "Hit me up when you ready to tell me what's really going on." I nodded and got out and then he sped off down the street.

I didn't know why people always thought I was a liar when I was looking out for them so I was about to just start letting shit happen without warning. Kaydence and I started off on the wrong foot and he was lucky that I was even helping his ass out. He was dumb as hell for thinking I'd set this shit up when I took part in him 'killing' Dontae. I shook my head before walking inside.

"Get this damn baby Christian! All this damn crying!" My mom yelled and handed my son, Javen, to me as soon as I walked in. "This is the last time and then you're gonna pack your shit and go!" She stormed to the back, slamming her room door behind her.

I was 20 and broke as hell with a 1 year old son. I had no where to run and no one to run to. After graduating high school, I fucked up and got pregnant by a no good ass nigga who swore up and down that he loved me. He fled the state once he found out that I was having his kid and I hadn't heard from him since. My eyes teared up just by thinking about it. I didn't have anyone in my corner, not a friend, no family, nothing. My life was a living hell and I didn't know how much more I could take. All I really wanted was someone to fall back on.

I walked into me and my son's room with him in my arms. I was so sorry for bringing him into this world without being stable but if I had to work for a thousand years to make sure that he'd be okay, I would do it. I loved him so much and I could even think about leaving him alone and fleeing off. Ayriel was fucking crazy for what she was doing.

I sat Javen in his play pin and headed towards my vanity table to remove my makeup since I was in for the day. Of course, I had no money to pay for a vanity but it was given to me from my sister before she passed away. Not a day went by that she didn't cross my mind and if I could figure out who it was that killed her on December 5, 2014 I'd be on their ass.

Other characters will be in the MM of the next chapter.

Vote! Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 7.9K 40
Mahogany is a young innocent 17 year old girl who is in her final year of school. She's got her best friends around her so nothing could possibly go...
574K 16.6K 69
Inmate-#14A5473 Camille Royel A.K.A "Luna" was a 21 year old Felon. Camille wasn't your typical average female ,She came with baggage ,You can take a...
45.4K 1.3K 13
Celestine is a 24-year-old who lives with her boyfriend, Nikko. For almost a decade, Celestine has been Nikko's ride or die chick, she indulges in hi...
1.7M 11.9K 6
*Heighest ranking 26th in Love, 1st in General Fiction, and 1st in Tragedy, as well as no#1 in mystery* When you're the most feared and powerful Ital...