I Will Be Strong For You (A N...

By TWSavesMe

Dani is a little girl with big dreams. As Dani grew up, both her parents left her, leaving her only with her... More

I Will Be Strong For You (A Nathan Sykes Fanfic)
2) A Treehouse
3) A New Bully
4) Alone
5) You Don't Remember Me. Do You?
6) Sykes!
7) The Book
8) Trying To Find A Place In This World
9) A Nathan Hug and Nathan Tea
10) Guess The New Couple!!
11) The Game Of Truth
12) Trust Fails
13) Are You Sure?
14) Secrets and Couples
15) Everything Has Changed
16) Forgotten Breakfast
17) A New Maid?
18) Skinny Love
19) I Knew You Were Trouble
20) Will You Teach Us To Dance?
21) We Can't Stop
22 I Am A Disappointment
23) Could This Be Love
24) Daddy?
25) Right here, Right now
26) Somebody To Love
27) Teardrops On my Guitar
28) This Time Around
29) Look At Me Now
30) Childhood Memories
31) Fix You
32) Years, Sykes
33) Fake a Smile
34) Time
35) Someone's Watching Over Me
36) You Belong With Me
37) I Promise You
38) I Miss Her
39) Trust
40) Butterfly Kisses
41) Best Friends
42) I Can't Sleep
43) Why Is Everything Spinning?
44) Hey Hey Hey
46) Bleeding Love
47) Perfect's Overrated
Ch. 48: Cameras Everywhere
Ch. 49: Six Months
50) Gold Forever
51) Royalty
52) Shopping Dresses
53) Bringing Back Memories
54) Interviewing Nariana
55) If We're Alright
56) Christmas Eve
57) If I Die Young
58) Dreaming With A Broken Heart
59) Say Something
60) Perfection
61) Silence
62) Performance And Memories
63) Close To Death
64) Superman
65) The Prank
66) That's Dad
67) Elementary
68) Blurred Lines
69) Wifi In The Shower?
70) Frozen Yogurt
71) I Love You
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
SEQUEL!!!

45) Just A Dream

2.3K 37 4
By TWSavesMe

"Dani, are you sure about this?" Jay asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded. If Jai wanted to play, let's play.

 "Okay, someone bring a bottle." Jai instructed.

 Reluctantly, Ava went to go get the empty beer bottle.

 We all sat in a circle on the soft carpet as I leaned my head on TJ's shoulder.

"You sure you want to do this?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Let's do this." Jai said, rubbing his hands together before spinning the bottle.

Here we go..

"Come, on Jai! Don't make them do this!!" Siva practically begged Jai to change the dare.

At this point, I was on the verge of tears. Not letting it show though. Best thing to do is hide the tears with a smile. 

I've had to hear so many stories of Nathan and Ariana, along with all the couples. It went from first kiss, to best date, to most embarrassing secrets.

Now, it was a dare for Nathan and Ariana to have a full on make out session. Right here. Right now.

Luckily, all I had to share was a story about Courtney and Adam.

"Yes. Ariana chose dare!" Jai insisted.

"I don't think it is a good idea, Jai." I said stepping up. Nathan looked at me, knowing how bad I was feeling at this point. Like honestly, who wouldn't feel bad about this?! I have waited 7 years for my best friend to be mine. And once I get him, he's stolen away from me. I should have seen this coming.

"And why not? They are a couple, aren't they? What's so bad about it?" Ariana looked at me sorrowful. Ariana. She doesn't know, does she? We never got to actually tell her about Nathan and me. When we tried telling her, she had to ask us about this favor. She doesn't know. It wouldn't be good to tell her now. It will ruin the plan. Knowing Ariana, she'll tell Jai that she isn't actually dating Nathan, because of me, and then Jai won't leave her alone.

I couldn't let that happen to her...

"I guess." My voice quietened as I slouched a bit.

"Good! So guys, what are you waiting for?" Jai asked, a smirk forming on his face.

Nathan turned to Ariana, as his eye looked at her lips. She looked up into his eyes, as they got closer. Then, their lips crashed together. 

"I said make out session, guys! Come on!!" Jai said loudly.

Nathan put more force on it, wrapping an arm around Ariana's waist so she won't fall over. He moved his arm to the carpet to support them.

I looked at Nathan. His eye opened as he slowly pulled away from the kiss. He looked at her in adoration. A smile formed on his lips. He looked happy. 

I turned to the girls and the lads. They had no reaction.

"Okay," Max said, clearing his throat. "This game is over. I'm heading up to bed." 

He yawned, along with everyone else. 

"I'm going to head home. Good night, everyone. Night, Dani. Text me when you're in bed." He whispered to me. I nodded, but my eyes never left Nathan. He looked at her, eyes filled with love. He looked like a puppy.

Right when I heard the front door close from TJ, I got up and headed for my room. I locked the door behind me. I quickly brushed my teeth before locking the door to the bathroom. 

I headed to bed, as I pulled the sheets over me. I just wish I could sleep forever. But before I let the sleep takeover me, I looked up at the ceiling.  

A prayer. A prayer for my Dad.... 

When I finished, I lied in bed. "Good Night, Kuya." I texted TJ and finally let the dark takeover me, now if only I could stay like that forever.

"Nathan. If she doesn't see how good you are, she isn't worth it!" I tried telling him, but he wouldn't listen.

"But. But. AH, DANI! SHE'S PERFECT! SHE MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME!! YOU JUST WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!! THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD!! HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR LATELY! SHE IS 10X BETTER THAN YOU! YOU WOULDN'T GET IT!!" His anger caused him to yell at me. Nathan and I were 15. Yes, he was talking about Elizabeth. When is he not at this age?

 I looked down at my hands and nodded. 

 "Dani." His voice became soft.

 I nodded no. "Save it, Sykes."

"Hey, come on." He leaned by me. We were sat in our tree house. I was sitting against the wall, Nathan now by my side.

I nodded no. "You know I didn't mean it. Come on, Dan." He put a hand on my arm as he shook me a bit.

 "Whatever." I said, turning my gaze to the window.

 "Hey, don't be like that, love." He moved my head to look at him.

I loved it when he called me love. 

"I'm sorry, Dani. I honestly didn't mean it. I am just letting out my anger like I usually do. I didn't mean for it to hurt you. I was talking nonsense. Please believe me?" He pleaded now. I looked at him, tears were welling in his eyes.

"Hard to believe.." A tear swept down his face. "But I forgive you." 

He smiled as he pulled me into a hug. "I won't let anyone, anything, hurt you, Dani."

 I woke up the next morning to the sounds of laughter. I took a shower and got ready for the day. Throwing on an off white tank top with flowers, and jeans. 

When I finished I walked out of my room. As I started heading to the stairs, I heard laughter come from the room next to mine. I looked through the small opening of the door to see the two laughing in each other's company. Ariana's arms were wrapped around his neck as his were around her waist. Nathan leaned in, giving her a passionate kiss. As they pulled apart, Ariana left small kisses on Nathan's neck and jawline, causing him to throw his head back. They were slowly turning in circles as laughter filled Nathan's room. Nathan's gaze met mine. We stayed like that for a minute, which felt like hours. I broke the contact and made my way downstairs.

 I didn't have the urge to cry anymore. It was just, flat. A flat, unemotional feeling.

 I made everybody eggs and toast. Nothing special. I covered the food with a clear plastic to keep it warm. 

"Going out. See you guys later." I left in a note before heading out of the house.

 "Dani. Where are you going?" I heard a voice behind me. There I saw Siva and Tom.

 "Just to Courtney and Adam's." I said, my mouth in a straight line before closing the door to the house.

...

I opened the door to Courtney and Adam's. Adam was sat on the couch.

"Oh. Dani!" He looked at me, a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes.

 "Are you ever going to get a job?" 

He nodded no. I rolled my eyes.

"Where is Courtney?" I said, my voice was flat and lifeless.

"Here I am." She sang. I rolled my eyes. She was in her work clothes. Well, if you can call them clothes. She was a stripper at a club. 

"I got to go the work, babe." She said, leaning over Adam who was on the couch. I shut my eyes. The view was disgusting.

Courtney got up as she got slapped in the *ss by Adam. He laughed at her as she bit her lip. I rolled my eyes. 

Finally, Courtney left.

Adam looked at me mischievously.  

"What do you want?" I asked raising an eye brow. 

He got up, and looked around, making sure the curtains were closed and all doors were locked.

Oh no..

"Come with me." He instructed, pointing a finger to follow him.

 I raised an eye brow. 

"No." I said. Simple. 

He turned around instantly.

"No?" 

"No."

"NO!" His voice boomed through the house.

"No." My voice quietened.

He nodded as he walked closer to me. He started walking in a circle around me. I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to swallow it.

But before I knew what else happened, everything turned black...

When I opened by eyes, everything was blurry. I blinked a few times trying to gain my vision. When I did, I was in Courtney and Adam's walk in closet. I was tied to the rack bar, and my mouth was taped shut. Great. Just what I needed.

 Adam walked in, Courtney by his side. She was still in her 'work clothes'. I bit down the tape so I was able to breathe and talk.

"Courtney." I said looking at her. Anger was filling my veins. 

"What do you want, peasant?" She asked raising an eye brow as a small laugh echoed through the room.

"Peasant? Are you serious? Do you even care about me? I know you don't care about me, but what about my dad? Did you ever care about him?" Tears were starting to fill my eyes as I leaned forward to get closer to them. I didn't get far though because I was tied to the closet bar.

"Your dad was too fat for me." She said, putting a hand up.

 I leaned back a bit. "So you don't care. You don't care that my Dad is dead." 

 Her face dropped. "Jack's dead?"

I nodded. 

"Babe." Adam said, putting an arm around Courtney's waist.

"Get her." Courtney said through a gulp as she stepped back a bit. Adam let her go as he turned to me. 

 He came up to me, leaving a few inches of space between us. 

"You're going to wish you were dead." His voice was raspy. I rolled my eyes. But then I got an idea.

I spit right in his face. He scrunched up his face as he wiped it off with his sleeve.

"Cute. Real cute." He stated. I rolled my eyes again.

He used his hands to examine. He looked at my arms and back, seeing the cuts that were left.

"You know next time, you should use a knife." He whispered in my ear.

"Maybe I should." I said quietly.

He laughed quietly. He slowly lifted the back of my shirt. I closed my eyes shut. Why does this have to happen to me?

"Maybe you should." He laughed quietly, but then I felt pain in my lower back.

I put my hands in a fist, but I was released from the bar as I was dropped to the floor. I turned around to see Adam with a bloody knife. He didn't...

"Oh my God, Adam!" Courtney yelled. But not a scared yell.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" She squealed, pushing me out of her way and jumping onto Adam. I slowly got up, as I did my very best to make it to the car. I fell several times, but it was the best I could do. 

I went into the car, and drove home. Everything was getting blurry. 

I got home as I slowly made my way to the house. As I stepped on the porch, my legs were starting to give up on me. 

I opened the door to reveal everyone watching me. I could barely open my eyes by this time. Everything went blurry as the lights went out.. 

I heard people saying my name as there were gasps of shock. I felt the wood floor on my knees as my face fell flat onto the carpet. 

"Nathan. Please. Please wake up." I cried at his bed. Nathan had been really sick lately, and he fell asleep. His breath was very unsteady.

We were around 13. 

"Nathan. Please wake up." I was kneeling by his bed. He needed to wake up. 

"Please." I said through sobs.  

"I love you, Sykes." was the last thing I said before crying was the only thing I could do.

 I felt his hand move. 

"D-Dani?" He asked. I looked up right away. He gave me a weak smile.

"Sykes." I said in between another sob before crying into his hand. 

"Aw, Dani. Don't cry. I'm fine." He said, taking his hand to make me look up at him.

"I love you, Sykes." I smiled. 

He wiped away a tear that was on my cheek.

"I love you too, Dani." He pulled me into a tight hug. 

"LIke I said, its always going to be only you and me." He pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"You and me." I smiled, before getting pulled into another hug...

I woke up in my room. The light shined through my curtains. I was in my bed. Nobody was around me. I carefully sat myself up. I reached under my pillow and pulled out my book. Right under the cover was a picture of my Mum, my Dad, Nathan, TJ, and me. We were one happy family. Its all gone now. I was changed into jean shorts to me knees, and a sweatshirt.

"Dani?" I heard a voice. I looked up to see Max, Nina, Tom, and Kelsey.

 "Hi guys." My voice came out really weak, which wasn't my intention.

"Doctor came by. You'll be fine." Kelsey sat by me, and pulled me into a side hug.

I smiled and nodded. "We're going to let you have some rest." Siva said, patting my back. I nodded.

"Thank you." And with that, they headed out. I sighed and leaned my head on the backboard.

There was a knock on the door. The person who opened it shocked me. 

"Jai. What's up?" I asked, shocked. 

"I was wondering if you can help me write a song?"

I gulped. "Oh ermm.." 

"Please? Just one song?" He pleaded.

Why not? 

"Sure."

 ...

 I was thinking 'bout you

Thinking 'bout me

Thinking 'bout us

What we gonna be?

Open my eyes, it was only Just a Dream

Travel back down that road

WIll you come back

No one knows,

I realize, it was only Just a Dream

I was at the top and now its like I'm in the basement

Number one spot now you found  you a replacement

I swear now that I can't take it, knowing somebody's got my baby

And now you ain't around, baby I can't think

I should've put it down, should've got that ring

'Cause I could still feel it in the air

See your pretty face, run my fingers through your hair

My lover, my life,

My baby, my wife

You left me, I'm tied

'Cause I knew that this just ain't right

I was thinking 'bout you

Thinking 'bout me

Thinking 'bout us

What we gonna be?

Open my eyes, it was only Just a Dream

So I travel back down that road

Will you come back

No one knows,

So I realize, it was only Just a Dream

When I'm riding, I swear I see your face at every turn

I'm trying to get my usher on but I can't let it burn

And I just hope you know you're the only one I yearn for

Nobody listening, when will I learn

Didn't give it all my love, guess now I got my payback

Now I'm in the club, thinking all about you baby

Hey, you were so easy to love

But wait, I guess my love wasn't enough

I'm going through it every time that I'm alone

And now I'm wishing that you'd pick up your phone

Showed me that decision that you wanted to move on,

Because I was wrong

I was thinking 'bout you

Thinking 'bout me

Thinking 'bout us

What we gonna be?

Open my eyes, it was only Just a Dream

So I travel back down that road

Will you come back

No one knows,

I realize, it was only Just a Dream

If you ever loved somebody put your hands up

And now their gone and you wishing you can give them everything

Oh, if you ever loved somebody put your hands up

(if you ever loved somebody put your hands up)

If you ever loved somebody put your hands up

(if you ever loved somebody put your hands up)

And now their gone and you wish you can give them everything

I was thinking 'bout you

Thinking 'bout me

Thinking 'bout us

What we gonna be?

Open my eyes, it was only Just a Dream

So I travel back down that road

Will you come back

No one knows,

I realize, it was only Just a Dream 

I was thinking 'bout you

Thinking 'bout me

Thinking 'bout us

What we gonna be?

Open my eyes, it was only Just a Dream

So I travel back down that road

Will you come back

No one knows,

I realize, it was only Just a Dream 

Baby it was only just, it was only Just a Dream

Noo, oh

It was only Just a Dream...

"You want to show Ariana?" I asked.

 "Yes. I hope she likes it. I really like her." Jai said while jumping a bit.

 I gulped. "Okay. Go ahead." 

 He nodded as he got up and headed for Nathan's room. I watched him, but right when he opened the door, his jaw dropped.

 I slowly walked over, and I stopped right in my footsteps. They were. How could they. Nathan?

 "I'm going home." Jai dropped the guitar and headed for his room. He ran into me on the way out.

 "Thank you for everything, Dani. We should stay in touch some time." He said as he headed to his room. 

 I heard Jai move a luggage downstairs and say good bye to everyone. But through that all, I couldn't get my eyes off of Nathan and Ariana.

 "Nathan?" My voice didn't come out. It sounded more like my breath, more than anything. 

 They both looked at me.

 "Dani." they said at the same time.

 "You are really good at acting.." I said quietly

 "Dani. Please just listen to me. We were only doing this because of Jai." Ariana stepped towards me.

 "You don't know, do you?" I asked, stepping back.

 "Know what?" 

 "Ariana." Nathan said from behind her.

 Automatically, she turned around to see Nathan.

 "What?"

 "Dani and I are dating." He said.

 Ariana looked at me. "Dani. I am so sorry. I didn't know. I was only doing this to show Jai." 

 "Jai left."

 "What, Dani?" Nathan asked.

 My voice was lifeless. "Jai left. He was sweet enough to write a song for you. He was just about to show it to you. But he walked in on this." 

 "Oh." Ariana's voice was no longer filled with happiness.

 "Did you know that I left, or not at all?" I asked.

 Ariana turned towards Nathan.

 "Erm.." Nathan started.

 "You got to be kidding me." I turned around, slamming the door behind me.

 I headed downstairs to see everyone playing football outside. I headed out and decided to play along.

 "How you feeling, Dan?" Max asked, passing the ball to me.

 "A lot better. Thank you." I said loudly before scoring.  

"I'll go get you all some water." I smiled as I went inside. I got everyone a bottle of water. I took a seat on the island to chill. 

 Nathan and Ariana came downstairs.

 Nathan passed me, giving me a small wave at the same time, before grabbing the water bottles and meeting the lads and their girlfriends.

 "Dani?" Ariana asked. 

"Yeah?" 

"I am so sorry. I never knew. Can you please forgive me?" 

Forgive and Forget..

I sighed. "Of course I forgive you, Ariana. You never knew."

She nodded. "When were you going to tell me?" 

"Well," I started, "Remember that day we video chatted you and you asked about the favor?" 

She nodded.

"Well, that was the day we were going to tell you, but we never got to."

She nodded. "I am really sorry, Dani. You have been waiting for Nathan for a long time, and once you got him, I took him away from you. Again." 

"Its okay." I nodded. She pulled me into a hug.

"Let's go meet everyone outside." I pulled back and smiled. She nodded as we both headed out. Everyone was sitting around the pool. 

I headed over to Nathan and took a seat by him, letting my feet hang into the water. At first, he tensed up, but he calmed down, slumping his shoulders after a few minutes. I circled my feet in the water, staying quiet while everyone joked around. 

I leaned my head on Nathan's shoulder as he slowly shifted, scooting himself a bit closer to me. I felt my heart ache for his arms to be around me. 

"D-Dani?" He asked, his voice soft.

"Mhmm?" 

"C-Can we talk?" He asked. I nodded. He got up before helping me up. We both headed into the house as I took a seat on the island's counter. He leaned his back on the counter. His presence next to me made me feel comfortable. Feel loved. Appreciated. But I still felt that pain in my chest. 

"Dani?" He asked. I kept my hands under my legs as I swung my feet a bit.

"Yeah?" I asked. He looked at me, taking one of my hands and playing with my fingers.

"I am so so sorry. I didn't mean for me to take it that far. It was jut a favor at first, but being with Ariana again, it just all, you know, happened."

I nodded looking at my hands. "I know, Sykes."

"What do you mean?" He asked. 

I looked up at him. "It's in your eyes, Sykes. When you're with her, you're eyes light up, your smile is priceless, and you look at her with adoration and love."  

He gave my hand a squeeze. "When you're with her, everything around you seems to disappear, you seem whole with her." 

My voice was disappearing on me by this point.

"Come on. Let's go upstairs. We need to have some best friend quality time." He said taking my hand as he started heading for the stairs. I followed him upstairs and into our room.

I took a seat by my window as Nathan sat on the ground, his feet in mine. 

"Dani, I am so sorry about getting so caught up with Ariana. But you need to know, you are the one I am falling in love with. Its you. You need to understand that." He took my hand as he rubbed it with his thumb. 

"Sykes. She is perfect. Honestly perfect. Even you said that. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. You said that. And you're right. I just don't know why you'd choose me. She's perfect for you. And you know that. I know you to well to ignore that."

"Dani. I know I said all of those things. I also said I would never fall in love with anyone else, but look who I am falling in love with now."

"I don't know, Sykes." 

 "Hey, Dan. Look at me, love." He said, making me look at him.

"I know, you aren't feeling like you are at the top of the world right now. I don't expect you to be. But you need to know, I really am sorry. I didn't mean for it to get that far. That kiss I had with Ariana last night. It did mean something to me, but not as much as our first kiss. I love you, Dani. I honestly do. Please. Please tell me your forgive the sloth?" He asked, pleading at my hands. I ran a hand through his hair. 

"You're lucky you're my best friend, Sykes." I said, poking his nose. He laughed as a tear escaped his eyes and he pulled me into a hug. 

"You don't know how relieved I am." He hugged me tighter.

"Ow ow ow ow ow, Sykes." I winced in pain.

He pulled back.

"You didn't, Dani." He said, sternly. Almost not believing. 

"I didn't, Sykes.. Adam did." His eyes widened as he sat next to me. He slowly lifted up my sweatshirt to reveal what Adam did. 

"What happened?" He asked.

"I went to Courtney and Adam's this morning. I disobeyed Adam, and he did something to knock me out. When I woke up, I was hung in Courtney and Adam's closet. There, Adam was, I don't know, investigating me? And he told me to get a knife next time when he saw my cuts on my wrist. I told him I should. And he agreed, and that's when he drove a knife into my back. You weren't there when I fell to the ground?" I asked. 

He nodded no. "I was at the mall with Ariana. I got her frozen yogurt. Its Friday."

"You went to frozen yogurt without me?" I looked at him shocked. He nodded. "Sorry, Dan."

 I sighed. "Its fine. You owe me frozen yogurt though."

"Of course. Now about Courtney and Adam. How did you get here if he stabbed you?" 

"My vision was getting blurry, and every time I walked, I fell over. It was a miracle I guess."

"No, Dad's watching out for you." He winked. I smiled.

 "Dani, I am sorry I am not here for you as much as you are for me.

 "Its okay, Sykes."

 "No its not. I owe you big time." He said, pulling at my hand.

I laughed, "If that will make you happy, sure." 

 He chuckled and nodded, pulling me into a hug.

 "Should we meet everyone downstairs, now?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. 

As we headed down, Nathan would't let go of my hand. And I liked it like that. 

Everyone was heading inside. "What's up, Seev?" Nathan asked.

"We have a meeting to go to. Nano says its an emergency..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.7K 20
A girl named Selena, 15 years old, is basically like your real life Cinderella. Mean step-mother, and mean step-sisters. She does basically everythi...
5K 108 9
El hasn't always had the best life. Her mother passed away when she was fourteen years old, and she only has her brother to look after since their da...
2.1K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
32.2K 809 62
Brianna Collins is just a normal teenager. Is she? No. Her college life was miserable. Her life is the one teenagers never wanted. Being bullied all...