The Orchid[BoyxBoy]

By LadyMarionettist

The palace decreed for every family's daughter to be sent to the palace as a concubine. Because of his mistre... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Happy Chinese New Year 2016
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 22

8.4K 284 223
By LadyMarionettist

After been through the writer's block moment, my head suddenly blown with ideas and I'm able to finish this fast. I'm happy of myself lol *throws confetti* Anyhow, hope you enjoy your reading. :)

==========================

"No! Somebody—"

He was in a total disaster now. As his robes were torn layer by layer, Ruolan could not stop struggling and screamed his lungs out, hoping for someone to hear him.

His high-pitched voice annoyed the man and raised his hand on the lady again, "Quit screaming, bitch!"

PA!

Another red mark planted on the cheek. Ruolan realized the more he struggle for life, the more the man become violent. But he could not allow them to do whatever they want to him. He was alone now, he had to protect himself. If he could not do it, then he would not dare call himself a man.

"Stop this, you fool! Is this how you treat a lady??" Ruolan exclaimed. He no longer cared at the vulgar language he used.

"Shut up! If you do not want me to ruin your face, you better shut your mouth!" The bandit shouted angrily in Ruolan's face.

Ruolan tilted his head, avoiding the foul odour coming from the bandit's mouth. He replied begrudgingly in gritted teeth, "How can I shut my mouth when I am treated this way? Do you not have a wife? I am sure you yourself would not want your loved one to be treated like this!"

The bandit no longer could hold himself. He was so furious and threw a punch on the side of the lady's face.

Ruolan yelped in agony as blood ran out from the corner of his lips. The punch was far more painful than being slapped. But he did not care. If they were to kill him, it would be better to die than being humiliated by these bunches of shameless bastard.

He spit right in the bandit's face.

"You—!!"

Ruolan's lips curled up in disdain upon seeing the raging expression in the bandit's face. That bastard deserved it. Ruolan knew he would give him another blow thus he just closed his eyes, readily to accept whatever punches or slaps that might landed on his face.

Strangely, he had been closing his eyes for a moment but he did not feel any pain. What happened? Why did he not feel anything? Curious, he opened his eyes and found the bandit's hand was frozen by someone.

"Who are you?!" The bandit barked.

The man did not say anything but hit the bandit right in the face and was thrown to the side. The other men became panic as soon they saw their leader hit by the unknown man and hurriedly went to their brother's side.

Ruolan lying on the ground with widened eyes, his brain still could not process on the things that happened at the moment.

"Xiaofan, can you stand?"

He sat up right away when he heard the familiar voice. "Brother Jun?" Ruolan called in surprised. "How did you—"

"No time for question, are you alright?" Shun Jun asked desperately but hinted with worries.

Ruolan nodded, "I am alright..."

"Good, stay behind me."

By the time they was aware, those bandits already surrounded them. Ruolan felt chill down to his heart since they were greatly outnumbered, he worriedly tugged Shun Jun's sleeve, "Brother..."

"It is fine." Shun Jun stood there, prepared to fight.

The bandits surprised at the man's confidence but still prepared to attack him nonetheless. The leader hid behind those bandits and barked, "Arrogant dog, so you want to play hero in front of your lover, huh? Do you not realize how bad your situation now is??"

Shun Jun saw them did not hold any weapon hence he did not draw his sword. Shun Jun smiled suavely as he cracked his knuckles, "I am not worried about four against one. It is not like I never done this before so, you should worry more of yourself."

The leader thought he would beg for mercy but Shun Jun was just too arrogant and confident that he could fight them all. With anger he roared, "If you really want trouble so bad, fine! Brothers, attack him!!"

The bandits began their attack at their leader's order. Even so, Shun Jun looked so calm as if he did not have worries in his mind. Every punches and kicks were evaded and dodged easily. Compared to those bandits, he was already an experienced warrior. Needless to say, if he draw out his sword, killing them was as easy as slicing a pie.

The time when Shun Jun fought them back, he rushed forwards like a wind, giving them punches in the stomach and in the face, while his leg did not stay idle as he gave a flying kick towards the other man. His movement was so fast that those bandits unable to neither dodge and evade his attack.

The three of them cried out in pain and fell down to the ground. The leader felt a cold shiver running down through his spin when he saw his brothers fell in the blink of an eye.

Shun Jun's face became dark and his pair of cold eyes stared icily at the bandit's leader. He was so furious with that bandit for molesting and hurt the lady. "You... Dare laid your finger on her..." Shun Jun clutched his hand tightly and his look was full of murderous intent.

The leader retreated back when he saw the icy glare from the man. He attempted for an escape but Shun Jun does not want to let him off. He dashed towards the bandit, ruthlessly grabbed him from behind then harshly slammed him to the ground. The bandit groaned in pain from the abrupt attack.

Shun Jun pulled and twisted the bandit's arm without mercy. The twist was so rough, caused the bandit to scream in pain. The general did not care at all seeing the man in pain; instead he twisted the arm even more. With chilly look in his face, he said coldly, "This was the hand touched the lady is it? Such an ugly hand, I shall break it so you will never be able to touch women again."

Such cold words, the bandit knew Shun Jun was not joking at all. His body was shaking like a leaf and sweating like mad. "S-Sir please let me go— I know I am in fault— Please forgive me— Warrgghhh!!"

"After what you have done to the lady, did you think I would let you off easy?" Shun Jun did not bother to hear his plead and bent his arm even more.

The bandit screamed again from the pain.

Ruolan has been watching them for a while and was in total speechless to see how Shun Jun dealt with the bandit. He never saw the general with such cold expression before. However, seeing the bandit groaned in pain made him feel a mixture of fear and sympathy.

Could not stand watching, Ruolan ran to Shun Jun and said, "Brother, that is enough... You will truly break his arm..."

"I intend to." Shun Jun replied.

"But..." Ruolan anxiously bit his lower lip.

"Just stay there and close your eyes and ears. You do not have to witness the next scene."

"But brother, I am alright now...! You do not have to do this! Even if you break his arm, my wound will not be healed in an instant...!"

Shun Jun paused for a moment before he replied bitterly, "Are you going to let him go after what he had done to you...?"

Ruolan slowly nodded, "It is fine, brother. I as well angry at their ugly intention towards me but...I know I sounded foolish, but I do not want you to do this... Please, just stop this and let us go back to the palace, alright?"

Shun Jun was dumbfounded. Even after what happened to her, the lady still letting the bad guy off. She was too soft. Too soft that she did not realise that soft side of her will only make others taking advantages on her.

He stared at the lady and noticed her hands was shaking, obviously still scared of the things that just happened on her. Oh Shun Jun, what in the world he was thinking? After she experienced such mistreatment, now he wanted to show another horrific scene in front of her? How inconsiderate of him!

With a bitter heart, he slowly released the bandit's arm. He stood with a dejected look in his face, "Forgive me for not be able to protect you... If I had come earlier, this kind of misfortune will not fall upon you..."

Ruolan could not help but to feel guilty when he saw the dejected look. "No... Brother Jun is not in fault. Please do not blame yourself on this matter. Just..." He swallowed back all his words then sighed, "Let us go back, alright?"

Shun Jun silenced for a moment before he said quietly, "True..."

Ruolan felt relief knowing Shun Jun no longer has the intention breaking someone's arm.

While they walked away, the man in their behind gathered all his strength to stand, looking at the duo with hatred. He cannot fight Shun Jun and admitted he was a strong opponent. Then suddenly he thought of the lady. If he could not get her, then it was best to dispose her. The bandit sneered maliciously, cannot wait to see the man's face in agony seeing his lover gone before him. He pulled out his dagger and then dashed forward towards the lady.

Shun Jun sensed the murderous intent coming from behind. He hurriedly turned to the direction of the bandit and blocked the strike using his arm. The general managed to stop the attack and saved the lady from harm but in exchanged of that, his arm got stabbed.

Ruolan unconsciously screamed with terror when he saw the dagger plunged into the man's flesh. "Brother Jun!"

His arm became wet with blood, but his face only showed a bit emotion of pain. Shun Jun kicked the man right in the stomach; the bandit fell to the ground and groaned in pain before he lost his conscious.

The little thief whom has been watching the scene from the start until the end, ran away after he saw his brothers lost in the fight.

Ruolan did not bother to care about the little thief and hurriedly went to Shun Jun; he saw the dagger still stuck in his arm with dripping blood. "This—"

"It s alright." Shun Jun said calmly as he pulled out the dagger in a flash.

Ruolan could feel the pain just by watching the man pulled out the metal out of his flesh. Another guilt rose from his heart again, Ruolan looked at the wound with saddened face, "I am sorry... It is because of me, brother Jun got hurt..."

Shun Jun felt awkward seeing the lady began to cry and hurriedly said, "Stop making that face. It is not like I am going to die for a small wound. Compared to Lady Shu, she is much more severe. Now, let us hurry up and return to the palace, I have to report this to the Emperor."

How can small bruises in his face was more severe than a dagger stabbed in the arm? Ruolan could not understand Shun Jun's logic at all. He hurriedly took out his handkerchief then wrapped it in the general's wounded arm. "For the time being, I hope this helps to stop the blood. Let us go back quickly and have your wound treated properly!"

Shun Jun stood there, staring at the light blue silk cloth wrapped in his arm.

"What is wrong? Could it be too tight? Are you feeling hurt??" Ruolan asked in panic.

"No..." Shun Jun replied quietly. "Let us return."

*****

At the Imperial Study, the Emperor's face was as dark as the depth of an autumn's lake, staring at both general and lady knelt before him.

As soon Xuan Yu heard the report about his concubine was hurt while outside the palace, he was furious to the point of killing anyone near to him. The Third Prince as well, no matter how bold he was, he did not dare to joke around after seeing how angry his brother was. Hence, he did not show his face in the Imperial Study for the rest of the day.

Xuan Yu stared at the general coldly, "General Yong, you have failed your duty. I have put all my trust in you yet this happened. You do know what happen if anyone dares to break their promise to the Emperor."

"Your humble general have failed his duty protecting the lady, he deserved death as his punishment." Shun Jun replied calmly.

Ruolan felt his heart was torn into pieces knowing the general will be punished because of him. He was the one dragged Shun Jun into his mess; he could not bear seeing his saviour punished on behalf of him. He wanted to speak a word but did not dare when he saw how grim Xuan Yu's face was.

The Emperor paid his attention on both people thus he did not miss a glance at how nervous and uncomfortable the lady's expression at the moment. "Does Lady Shu perhaps have anything to say?"

Ruolan straightaway looked up at the Emperor nervously. He felt his lips froze and his body shook in fear just by looking at the upset heavenly figure.

He secretly glanced at the man beside him from the corner of his eyes. Unexpectedly, Shun Jun was looking at him as well; he slowly shook his head when they made a contact. Ruolan quickly get the hint, Shun Jun does not want him to say anything regardless to the incident.

However, if he does not, then Xuan Yu will proceed to his punishment. Were they not friends...? Why Xuan Yu wanted to do this to his own friend? Ruolan did not wish to see Shun Jun to be punished since it was his own fault that things turned out that way.

Ruolan braved his heart and looked at the Emperor solemnly, "Your Majesty, General Yong had done his best to protect her. It was I; Concubine Shu was in fault making things hard for General Yong. If she did not chase after the thief, she would not end up in the dead alley." Ruolan bowed, his head touches on the ground respectfully, "Therefore, Concubine Shu begged for Your Majesty to reconsider about General Yong's punishment."

Shun Jun was shocked. This Lady Shu sure a stubborn girl to ignore his hint, or perhaps she did not get him at all? Before the Emperor would say anything, Shun Jun hurriedly speak out, "Your Majesty, Lady Shu is just feeling guilty at seeing this humble general got hurt while doing his duty. General Yong pleaded to Your Majesty not to take seriously on what the lady said and proceed to his punishment."

"Hurt?" The Emperor furrowed his eyebrows.

Ruolan stared at the general in disbelief. Shun Jun, why did he want to be punish so bad? He could not understand him at all! But Ruolan still did not want to give up standing for him. "Your Majesty, please do not punish General Yong. Instead, punish this disobedient lady since she was the root of this problem."

After listening to the lady, the Emperor had no idea which he should be angry at since both of them confessed at the same time. Xuan Yu felt so confused and irritated, "What is wrong with both of you? Are you trying to pull some pranks on me? If that is so, then it is not funny!" He exclaimed as he slapped the table infuriately.

"We would not dare..."Both of them lowered their head in apology.

"Just as this humble general stated just now, please just proceed to his punishment. It was his fault for being careless and caused the lady experienced such mistreat."

Before Ruolan had the chance to say a word, Shun Jun continued, "Your Majesty, this humble general was the one putting the lady in danger. Would it not be illogical to punish the lady instead of him?"

He had his point there and Ruolan certainly unable to say anything. Xuan Yu on the other hand, was in a deep thought before he made his decision. "In this situation, even though what Lady Shu said is true, the fact that General Yong failed his duty did not change. He could have stopped the lady from doing unnecessary things, but he did not. Therefore, I shall proceed to his punishment."

The moment the Emperor announced Shun Jun's punishment, Ruolan felt guiltier for he was unable to save the man from punishment. Not only Shun Jun got wounded from protecting him, he even received a punishment for failing his duty.

If one should find whose heart was the most in pain, Ruolan was the one.

"I will think of your punishment later."The Emperor gestured his hand, "You may go."

Shun Jun gave a sign of respect then left the study quietly. Ruolan observed as the man walked away, Shun Jun did not even spare him a glance. Ruolan's heart entangled with a mixture of guilt and anxious watching the man coldly left the hall without even looking at him. Shun Jun probably upset of him for not doing what he wanted.

The Emperor has been watching the lady for a while and noticed the distress expression in her face. Xuan Yu solemnly asked, "Are you worried about General Yong's punishment?"

Ruolan looked surprise at first but then he slowly nodded his head.

A look of unhappiness flashed past the Emperor as he said coldly, "I see that you care about him."

Ruolan did not dare looking up at the upset face, "Your Majesty, General Yong is Concubine Shu's saviour. Knowing him getting punished because of her carelessness, it is normal for her to be worry of him..."

"You were not careless. You ran after the thief yet he did not manage to stop you at the moment, obviously it was him the one being careless. Getting punished is normal. If people do crimes and I turn a blind eye of their wrongdoing, then how can I call myself the Ruler of Nation?"

Ruolan lowered his head even more.

Xuan Yu assumed the lady understood him as he continued, "General Yong himself understood that he was in fault for breaking his promise to the Emperor. He knew well he deserves punishment so I advise you to not waste your energy standing up for him."

The lady slowly nodded, "Thank you for the advice, Your Majesty..."

The Emperor silenced for a while then ordered, "Come here."

Ruolan became nervous when Xuan Yu asked him to come near him yet he sealed his mouth and obediently went to the Emperor's side and knelt.

Upon in closer look, Xuan Yu could see clearly of the bruises in her cheeks and the corner of her lips. His heart was aflame seeing his concubine in such state, angry to those people who dared to touch his woman, as well angry to himself for not being able to do anything.

"You have been through hard time today..."

Ruolan was stunned for a moment. The Emperor's eyes and voice suddenly became gentle when he said those words.

Xuan Yu stretched his hand to touch her cheek; the lady's eyes went huge and hurriedly lowered her head, avoiding his touch. Xuan Yu dejectedly stopped from moving his hand further. He was angry for a moment but when he remembered the bruises in her face, his anger instantly faded.

His expression changed back to his usual solemn face as he said, "I will have someone send the ointment for your treatment later. You may go back."

Ruolan was surprised at how quick the Emperor's expression changed, just like flipping a book. He felt like Xuan Yu's gentle expression was just a dream and Ruolan knew he will not have another chance to see the rare expression again.

As the Emperor asked him to leave, Ruolan bowed with respect and turned to excuse himself.

"I had almost forgotten."

Ruolan stopped his track straightaway when he heard the Emperor. He whirled to the direction of the heavenly figure, "Yes, Your Majesty?"

"For the incident happened today, I do not want the same thing to happen again so from now on, you are forbidden to step out from the palace anymore. I believed you have found everything you needed at the market today, yes?"

Ruolan felt a heavy rock hit his head after hearing the Emperor's words. With a heavy heart he replied, "Lady Shu thanks Your Majesty for his concern on her. Yes, she has found everything she needed thanks to General Yong's help and His Majesty kindness for giving her the permission to go out."

The truth was, Ruolan did not mind if he had no more chance to go outside. But, since he had another intention other than the cooking duel, he could not help but to sigh. Now his chances to search for Jiao Yi vanished in a second the Emperor changed his mind.

*****

When Ruolan went back to the concubine court, he was greeted by the sight of crying Meng Yue and angry Hui Qing. They had heard everything about his incident from the servant sending the ointment to the maid. Meng Yue was worried sick when she saw the bruises on Ruolan's face and hurriedly pulled him into the room to treat his face.

On the other hand, Hui Qing could not stop nagging at him for not being careful. Although Hui Qing was really angry at him, but Ruolan could feel the concern in her nags. Aii these girls, he cannot help but to feel happy for having these peoples worried over him.

Ruolan moved closer to those girls and hugged them both. "Thanks for worrying. But I am alright now. Just seeing you girls made my hurt gone straightaway."

"Lady Shu...." Meng Yue sniffed.

"W-Who in the world worried about you? Just treat your face first! You look so ugly!" Hui Qing face turned into a bright red as she pushed him away.

Meng Yue ticked off at Hui Qing's behaviour towards Lady Shu and said in anger, "Do not say rude words to Lady Shu! Can Lady Hui not see she is hurt?"

"So what? It does not concern me what I should say to her! Hmph!" Hui Qing pursed her lips and then left the room.

Meng Yue pouted, "How could she be that inconsiderate? Lady Shu, do not listen to her. Lady Hui always had a bad mouth every time talking about Lady Shu. She is very rude and bad!"

Ruolan chuckled at Meng Yue's complaint. "Well, Hui Qing sure has a unique personality."

Meng Yue stared at Ruolan as if staring to a mad person.

"If Meng Yue understands her deeply, she is the kind of person who says one thing but means another. She does not mean any harm, Hui Qing only worried at me."

"How did Lady Shu knows that?" Meng Yue asked with surprise.

Ruolan lifted his brows and replied, "Well, I have been serving a person who had the same temper as she is, so I know."

The maid looked even more confused, "Lady Shu served someone?"

"Ahh, I mean... I knew a servant whom served a mistress with the same attitude. He told me about her so—" Crap, he almost let the cat out of the bag. Ruolan explained everything before the maid came into suspicion. Luckily, Meng Yue found his explanation reasonable and she believed in what he said.

Ruolan let out a relief sigh. It would not be good if the maid become suspicious of him.

End of chapter 22

Artwork Time!

Just sharing my old artworks, some of you probably has seen it but I still feel like sharing it here too >_<

Hui Qing (IDK if I had posted this in my previous chapters but oh well;;) ↓↓↓

That F!Ruolan on the left is an old design and since he doesn't want to be to revealing, I redraw the clothes--- ;; ↓↓↓

And oh, this? An old sketch. :) ↓↓↓

Also an old artwork. A bit different ehh? That's early design of Xuan Yu and Shun Jun-- Ruolan is the only one didn't change at all xD ↓↓↓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 4.5K 22
Wang Shu was a young boy who witnessed the traumatic death of his mother at the hands of a imperial guard, and he later grows up as a woman to concea...
9.9K 475 18
As per the title says. I'm a YuZhou fan and I write this because I take in delights of writing oneshot stories, song fics, and other kinds of stories...
1.5M 46.1K 59
A BL fiction about how a boy entered the imperial harem to replace his sister and end up having the Emperor fall for him
6.4K 377 80
When Teal helps an injured soldier by hand-delivering a scroll to the Emperor, he is offered a place in the Emperor's harem. Teal is of Lombock desce...