The Test || Dave East FF

By kaylexo

Book #2 to the Kaydence & Dani series. Kaydence gets out of prison for capital murder with the help of the d... More

Attention!
RECAP/ No Clue
Closer
Small City
Talk/ Small City 2
Break Up
Forigve Me
Hater
Depressed Time
Worth A Try
Friends
Below the Belt
Unwanted Guest
Getting His/Meeting The Parents
Mind Playing Tricks
Hating On The Low
Weird Shit
Lookin' For Revenge
What A Coincidence
Leavin' The Game
Leavin' The Game 2
Secrets
Back At It Again
Trippin'
New Chapter
Big News
OG
Truth Never Dies
Drug Dealin'
Christmas Eve
Big Things
SERIOUS QUESTION
Temporary Happiness
One Option
Pillow Talkin'
Make Up
It's a Set Up
Promise
Never Telling
Destroyed
Moving On
F*ck It
Liar
It's On
Seems Wrong, Feels Right
Something New
Last Straw
Retaliation
A Losing Game
Preview
A/N
A/N

Maybe Not

21.9K 899 180
By kaylexo

Vote & comment!

Kaydence's POV

"Kaydence, correct?" Her mom took my hand and shook it. "Yes ma'am, how are you?" She was a short lady who looked to be somewhere in her mid 40s. She wore her hair pulled back in a ponytail and I couldn't help but notice how much Dani took after her.

"I'm fine and you?" I smiled lightly, "I'm fine as well." Meeting parents was never my thing. This was my first time meeting a woman's parents and I say this because Ayriel wasn't a woman.

"That's good. Call me Sabrina or Mrs. Rodriguez."

I nodded and then I turned to her dad who was waiting patiently for me to greet him. "How you doin' sir?" He shook my hand and as he did this, he never broke eye contact with me. This shit made me even more nervous.

"And you are what to Daniella?" Before I was able to speak Dani butted in, "We're just friends at the moment dad now, let's go." She started walking towards the dining area and her mom followed.

"Wait a minute, let me speak to you for a second.." I turned back towards Mr. Rodriquez and he was standing in the exact same spot since they'd came inside the house.

"You really like Dani, son?"

"Yes sir I do."

"Are you sure?" He rose his eyebrow. "Yes. I'm sure."

He nodded and again, he never broke eye contact. It felt as if he was tryna figure me out.

"Don't disappoint me. You know of Wesley right?"

"Dani's ex?"

"Yeah, H-"

"Daniel, don't scare the poor child. Come eat!" Daniella's mom came out to the foyer and cut our conversation short. I was really getting into whatever he had to say.

"We'll talk." He said loud enough only for me to hear as we entered the dining room. Dani sat across from her mom, leaving it up to me to sit across from her dad.

"Carlos should be coming down at any time now. I'm not sure if Preshae is joining us." Daniella said and in the same second, Carlos came around the corner.

"Waddup?" He held his arms wide open as if he was waiting on someone to hug him. I shook my head at how high this nigga looked.

"Boy, have you been smoking?" His mom asked. The rest of us remained silent.

"A lil bit." Dani chuckled at him and I shook my head as I took a bite out of my loaded potato.

Surprisingly, Mrs. Rodriquez turned back around in her seat and began eating. Carlos sat next to his dad and took no time digging into his food.

"This is good sis, who taught you?" Los asked jokingly and Dani pointed to her mom.

"Yeah yeah, now Mr. Kaydence. . Are you okay with me asking you a few questions?" Mrs. Rodriguez directed her attention towards me.

Dior's POV

I was making my way back to my dorm, coming from my Public Speaking class when the same guy from earlier approached me. His name was Eric.

"Ayo, wait a minute!"

"What's up?" I had already told him that I wasn't attracted to guys so I was wondering what he could possibly want.

"We're having a party tomorrow night after the game, you should slide through.."

"Okay, I might be there." I turned to walk away but he grabbed my arm that was still healing from me getting grazed in New York. I still had nightmares about the incident but I was okay and that was all that mattered.

"Ouch!" I pulled back in pain and he looked at me as if I was the crazy one. "Yo, just keep your hands off of me. Please and thank you!" I rolled my eyes before leaving him where he stood.

I knew he was confused but if he wouldn't have touched me in the first place, he wouldn't have been left wondering what was wrong with my arm.

I made my way back to my dorm room and my heart jumped for joy when I saw that my room mate, Faye, was gone somewhere. I finally had some time to myself and I was glad because this bitch was annoying.

She'd been wanting to know about me and how I got all of my belongings, shit like that. Kaydence always told me to watch those who tend to be on my "jock" more than usual so I knew that I had to watch her ass. He told me that people like that are always the ones who plot against you on the low, most of the time for wanting something that you have.

Don't get me wrong, Faye was cool when she wasn't trying to get all in my business but I would make it my business to kick her ass if any off my stuff came up missing and that was the last thing I wanted to do. My biggest fear right now was getting kicked out of college and jeopardizing my college career on this full ride scholarship.

I kicked my timbs off after throwing my bags onto my bed. I was hungry as hell but I wanted to check on Bri'Asia first. I hadn't talked to her all day.

The FaceTime call rung and she picked up seconds later. "Yeah, what you need?" She asked as soon as she picked up. I scrunched my eyebrows up. "Huh?"

"What you need? I'm doing something."

"Um, I wanted to talk to you. Since whe-"

"Dior, I'll hit you back in a few. I can't talk right now." She ended the call, leaving me speechless. I placed my phone in the pocket of my sweats and slid into my PINK slippers.

Maybe she's busy doing something for her mom, I might just be tripping I tried to convince myself. I knew that Bri'Asia loved me but something was wrong because not once did she ask me what I wanted since we were dating.

I headed out to my Range after grabbing my keys. Fast food was all that I had time for now. McDonald's, Pizza, Popeyes, repeat and I sure as hell was getting tired of this crap. One thing about college that I knew was guaranteed was that unhealthy college weight.

"Yeah, what can I get you tonight ma?" The boy working the front counter at Popeyes asked me. "The five piece tender combo, please."

"That'll be $10.27." I handed him my card and watched as he swiped it before handing it back to me along with my receipt.

Minutes later my food was given to me and I left. My mind was still on what was so important that Bri'Asia was doing but I couldn't let it bother me. I had too much going on to be stressing over her. I had studying to do tonight and that's what I needed to focus on.

Faye sat with her legs crossed in her bed when I got back. I sighed and sat down, pulling the box of food from the bag. I retrieved my calculus 1 book from my bag and began studying the notes that I took earlier. This shit was challenging as hell so I had to study overtime.

"Aye, Dior. There's a party tomorrow. Wanna go?"

"I might, might not. I have more studying to do."

"Girl, get your head out of the books sometime! College isn't all about being a geek and not ever putting a book down. You needa get out and have fun too. There's nothing like a college party." Is this bitch really telling me what I need to do? I thought to myself and I was almost sure that this was what my face read.

"Faye I'm not like y'all. I'm here to do my work, pass, and be successful. I don't give a damn about a party, I have a whole life to go out and party."

"I hear you girl but I'm just saying." I continued to study my notes and eat.

"Okay, bet."

Carlos' POV

"Goodnight guys! I love y'all." I kissed my mom's cheek and then pulled my dad in for a manly hug. The night ran smooth, not including when my mom's started interrogating the homie.

She asked him all types of question. What he saw in Dani, where he saw himself in a year, what he did for a living, and all typa other shit. I was expecting bro to crack but to my surprise, he held it together but I still didn't think she liked him.

My dad on the other hand sat back, watching and listening. I knew what he was doing and I knew that in a few days he'd be telling us what he thought about KD. He did the same shit with Wesley and my mom did too but her facial expressions with that nut ass nigga said something different. She liked him when she met him and only the Lord knew why.

"Love you too. See you Kaydence." My dad shook his hand and walked around to tell Dani goodnight.

"Nope." My mom whispered in my ear before walking towards my sister as well. "Goodnight baby." She kissed Dani and then walked out, "Bye Kaydence. . ." I knew what she meant by "Nope."

"Goodnight." Kaydence responded as he pushed his chair in.

"How bad was that?" I asked him when they left out with Dani trailing behind.

"Bro, to be honest. . I don't think ya mama feeling me."

"Ima keep it real wit' you bro, she isn't but that's okay. At least pops like ya."

"I knew I shoulda waited. I'm all high and shit." He rubbed his hands over his face.

"It's all good man. Just wait." I dapped him. "Dani should be happy." He said as he pulled a pack of backwoods from his pocket.

She came back into the dining room with a small smile on her face. "I know that was hard but thank you." I watched as she walked over to Kaydence and hugged him.

"Yeah." He said blankly.

"Why'd you said it like that?"

"No reason. I might be back tho y'all. I gotta check on Karcyn." He said as he pulled out of her grip. "Walk me outside."

Kaydence's POV

Maybe I wasn't the one for Dani after all. Parents always know best so for her mom to give off a negative vibe, I knew that wasn't good. This was bullshit man.

"I'on think your mom like me Dani." I turned around to face her after hitting unlock on my keypad.

"Don't think like that. ."

"Why not? She was acting all aggressive towards a nigga and I don't want it to be like that."

"It can only get better. She doesn't know you well yet so it may take some time. Relax." She rubbed up and down my arm.

"I guess." I said lowly and pulled her into a tight hug. I really did love this girl but damn. Her mama not liking me said a lot. This relationship shit probably wasn't for me.

"I love you."

"I love you too Dani." She pulled away and made her way back inside the house. I watched her go in before getting in my car and cranking up.

The ride back to my mama's crib was silent. I was in deep thought about a lot of shit and didn't know if I was coming or going. First the shit with my daughter and now this. Boy, I couldn't win for losing.

My phone interrupted my thoughts as it began vibrating in my lap. Ayriel's name came across the screen and my mood worsened.

"What yo? How the fuck may I help you?"

"Now isn't the time for your bullshit dude. Where's Karcyn?"

"Why?"

"The fuck is up with you? That's still my child and I have the right to check on her. You're acting as if you already have custody over her, chill out buddy. This is war." She threatened causing me to hang up in her face. I didn't give a damn what she was talking about, the shit was irrelevant. I hit the steering wheel out of frustration, ignoring the pain that it sent through my hand.

She was right, I didn't have custody over Karcyn yet but I knew for a fact that I would when the time was right. This bitch didn't deserve kids so I was gon' protect mine.

I declined Ayriel's call once more as I pulled into my mom's driveway and got out of my car. I made my way up the driveway and knocked on the door.

My mom welcomed me in and I started looking around for Karcyn. "Where she at?"

"Sleeping."

"Everything was okay?" She nodded.

"Okay, I think Ima stay here tonight." I walked towards the living room and she strolled behind me.

"What'd you do today?" She asked nervously as she sat next to me on the couch.

"Went by Daniella's and let her talk me into meeting her people. Her mama don't even like me." I chuckled and shook my head in disappointment. "I don't give a fuck thou-"

"Kaydence. . I have a question." I looked up at her, waiting for her to ask.

"What's up?"

"Have you been taking your medicine?"

Vote & comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 8K 40
Mahogany is a young innocent 17 year old girl who is in her final year of school. She's got her best friends around her so nothing could possibly go...
227K 8.7K 30
Book 2...Book 1 is The Thug Next Door. Synopsis: Five year since the tragic prom incident sent Rico on a spiral back into a life of drugs, women, an...
1.7M 61.4K 52
Book #1 to the Kaydence & Dani series. Kaydence doesn't have time for females, he's married to the streets... That's what he thinks until his "bros"...
677K 32.9K 78
SEQUEL TO LIES YOU TELL After Graces world comes crashing down around her, she struggles to pick up the pieces of her broken heart and mend her shatt...