No Rose Without Thorns

By Reighdreams

My work #2| "Live your life for you, and don't let nobody else break you." Ava is the beautiful girl that ev... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 30. Part 1
Chapter 30. Part II
S E Q U E L

Chapter 29.

2.6K 137 40
By Reighdreams

Ava.

Zooming into the drive, we all jumped out of the just as mom parked. We all were out the car and in the house with in the minute of seconds.

Aunt Key was holding herself crying as Shy paced back and forth with a puffy red face. I scanned the house noticing everything was still in place except the blood trail that followed towards Jaleel who was on the couch.

He looked beaten up pretty bad and was apologizing to my mom shaking his head.

Throwing her head back, she took a deep breath trying to remain calm as she asked Jaleel what happen. Breathing in he took a deep breath before speaking.

"It happen so quick, Mace was sad so Key suggested we take them outside to loosen them up as we were playing 4 cars pulled as I rushed to get them back in the house niggas just start jumping out. I was trying to fight them off and was screaming for Key and Shy to come get them but niggas were already at the door holding them at gun point and was carrying Mace and Emoni to the car," Jaleel explained as he put his head in his hands.

"Fuck!" Mom spat hitting a wall as she took her bottom lip between her teeth. "What did they look like, did they say anything about us," Mom interrogated.

Shaking his head, he told us all he remember was them dressed in black that's all.

Shy finally spoke up making her presence known, "The guy that had me at gun point kept saying the name Trisha and Melissa," She said unsure of her statement.

Out of all the years, we been doing this we never told our family about our double life. We wanted to keep that way but as we can see they happened to get pulled in it also.

They knew nothing about Trisha and Melissa and we really wish it would've stayed that way.

"Tina who is Trisha and Melissa," Aunt Key asked sternly as mom stayed quiet avoiding her gaze.

Asking again but with more bass in her voice she stepped closer to her. "Who is Trisha and Melissa,"

Looking at me, she took a deep breath, "It's us," She pointed between the both of us as they facial expressions held a confused look.

"What? Why are they after you two?" They questioned while Cinad took a sit by Jaleel on the couch.

"Territorial bullshit." She sighed.

Aunt Key facial expression was still shock as she shook her head coming back to reality. "We need to figure out how we're going to get them back," She spoke up as mom shook her head.

"I'm not dragging y'all into this," She disagreed with her as Key scoffed.

"Shut up with that bullshit Tina, we're a family and it's not that many of us so we need to stick together for this one time. The kids need us more than anything right now and all that matters is getting them back," 

Looking at Shy, she walked over to me giving me a hug causing my arms to wrap around her.

I guess she could see that I was worried and hurt and wasn't doing that good of a job of hiding it.

"It's okay boo, we going to get them," She rocked us back and forth as another arm wrapped around my waist in a soothing manner.

Smelling the cologne, I knew exactly who it was. Shy let go of me as he pulled me into his chest as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"We going to get them A," He muttered kissing my forehead causing me to nod my head.

Lifting my head up, he pecked my lips as he ran his fingers through my curly hair.

Mom voice broke us out of action, "Cinad, do you still have your dad number," Shaking his head he made the screw face wondering why she would even ask that.

"No. But we can make a trip to Que place this seem like some shit he would do more than my dad," Cinad told her as she nodded grabbing her keys out of her purse.

"Jaleel, you still remember that house I took you too when I first got you," Mom trailed down memory lane as he nodded his head.

"Yeah, what about it," 

"I want you to take them with you, grab all the guns and bullets you can and as quickly as possible. Get that shit loaded come back home and just wait until I tell y'all whats next." She ordered as everybody nodded they head.

"Come on," She beckoned me and Cinad as everybody was leaving out the house at the same time right behind each other.

Getting in the car, Mom hurriedly pulled out of the driveway as Jaleel, Key, and Shy were getting in their car.

"You got your gun," Mom questioned the both of as she glanced in the rear view mirror making us nod our head.

"How many," We both answered saying two as she nodded her head. "Good, because we going to need them," She smirked.

That crazy smirk always had a tendency to grow on her face when she knew some shit was about to go down.

Following Cinad directions to Que's place, 30 minutes later we pulled up to a trap house where Que and some other workers should be around this time.

We were dressed in all black with ski mask and gloves on as we were ready to raid this nigga house and guns a blazing.

"Mom don't you think we should think about this before -," Not being able to finish my sentence she was already out of the car cocking her gun making us shake our head.

One of the guys tried to grab his gun from his waist but only made him receive a bullet to the chest and head.

The other guys hearing the shots caused 2 more to watch out as Cinad shot one in the neck sending him to grown while I caught the other one in head.

Running in, we swung the door open as mom jogged in front sending head shots to anybody who was in her way.

Scoping the area we watched her back as Cinad directed her to where Que office was. 

Her classic smirk formed upon her lips as she kicked the door down, only to see an empty office.

Facing back towards the door, we ransacked his office searching for where he could be. But he was nowhere to be found. 

Hearing a low video playing on the desk, mom picked it up causing us to stand behind her to watch as she restarted it.

It was Mace and Emoni tied with tape over their mouths in the backseat of a van. They eyes were red and puffy with a little scratches over their face causing us to frown.

They looked scared and terrified making my heart break because, all of this was our fault.

The camera turned to Que as he puffed on a Cigar. "You want your children right," He chuckled blowing out smoke. 

"Bring me 75 Grand for each child and we have a deal but Cinad you on the other hand have it easy," He said as he handed the phone to Brody, Cinad leaned forward wondering what he was going to say.

"All you had to do was make a truce and come back with me but since you want to be difficult," He smirked, turning the camera back to the van there was a unconscious Jordan in the back of van.

"Come see me alone or you can worry about finding your brother in the river," With that the video ended as his face held nothing but anger. 

Throwing the camera, Mom let out a loud scream of frustration before throwing things around in the office.

"They keep fucking playing with me I'm a go on a damn killing spree," She yelled as she stormed out of the house and back to the car.

Cinad facial expression was unreadable, but you could tell he was pissed and angry.

"Why do this nigga keep fucking with me," Cinad clenched his jaw as he stared in a daze. 

Staying quiet, I gently touched his shoulder as I was staring at him but he paid me no mind but I didn't care.

Hearing police sirens from a distance snapped him out of his trance as bit his bottom lip.

"Come on," He grabbed my arm pulling my out the house as mom had the car already started up with a cigarette hanging out her mouth.

Getting in the car, she zoomed off as we all were to lost in our thought about what we just saw. "You don't play with people kids, you just don't do that shit man," Cinad snapped from the backseat as he shook his head.

"This nigga done started war," Mom mumbled as she turned the corner before getting on the expressway.

"Where are we going," I questioned from the passenger seat as she got up to speed with the other cars.

"Meeting up with Jaleel at the house, I'm gathering this money up now and we going to get my kids. I'm not about to play this game," She shook her head as she looked at the exit to get off of.

Nodding, my head I took a deep breath as I felt my phone vibrating like crazy in my hoodie pocket.

Grabbing my phone, I noticed it was a private number and immediately answered, as Mom glanced at me for a moment but turned back to the road and Cinad leaned forward, I put the call on speaker phone.

In the background you could hear movement and child like sniffling before a voice came through.

"I see you received my message," Que voice spoke through the phone as  Cinad rolled his eyes.

"I promise to god if you put your hands on my kids, I will kill you in the most horrifying way possible," She threatened through the phone as he snorted.

"You making threats while, I have your children you real smart Trisha," He emphasized the name as I clenched my phone in my hand.

Her breathing was heavy as she took her lip between her teeth. "Be here at midnight and I'll have somebody send you the address," With that he hung up the phone as Mom got off of the exit.

Pulling up at the house, Key car was there meaning that they wasn't done yet. As we all got out of the car, it looked like a lot were on their mind. 

As we all went into the non furnished house, we all took a sat on the floor in the foyer as everybody let out a sigh.

"Have y'all heard anything about them," Shy wondered and we nodded with a slight shrug.

Turning the attention to mom we were quiet as she told them what all happened.

"You have that type of money just sitting around here like that," Aunt Key interrogated and she nodded.

Mom explained to her how as silence fell upon the room again.

"Brody setting everybody so he can stay on top," Cinad spoke up playing with the string of his pants shaking his head.

"What you mean," I asked so he could explain further.

"He know what he doing. Didn't you say you heard that he was planning to take Que out," He looked at Mom as she nodded slowly.

"He want it so everybody against each other so it could turn into a war. I'm pretty sure he provoked the situation of Que taking the kids, he's a manipulator," He explained.

He told me on other occasions, how his father act when he grew up and now I see why he wanted nothing to do with him but you can tell it's deep than that.

"So what can we do," Jaleel crossed his arms as he licked over his bottom lip.

"Play the role Brody want us to play but we have like," She looked at the time on her phone. "5-6 hours until midnight, we need to prepare and get our mind right," She looked us over as she stood up.

I slowly stood up making my way into a back room as Cinad followed behind me, shutting the door while he walked in.

I was resting my arms against the window sill, as I looked out the window watching the birds fly away while I felt his arms around my waist.

I wish life was that easy so I could fly away.

I turned around facing him as he kept his hands on my waist, as he leaned down placing a kiss on my cheek.

He was silent for a while, as he put his hands under my shirt, rubbing small circles with his thumb before taking a deep breath.

"I remember when I was younger, I would cry for my mom and when I say cry I mean a nigga would be crying loud as hell," He snigger thinking about it.

"When my parents separated when I was 9 or somewhere around there, my dad took me with him which was the hardest thing for me. I was use to my mama around me 24/7 but they felt I had to have a male figure in my life," He rolled his eyes as he said male figure.

"First time I cried I remember he beat my ass black and blue and locked me in my room for days. Some days he wouldn't me feed or even let me go to the bathroom, I stopped crying as time went by though," He took a deep breath.

My face expression softened rubbing his hands softly, "Take your time boo," I coached him as he took another deep breath.

"Around 13, he was tricking me not to no perverted ass man though but just to older women sometimes young most of the time older. I would sit in the shower for hours and hate myself, I didn't feel like myself no more. That shit lasted until he started to get big with the drug business and slowly made me one of his workers,"

"When I worked for him, he ain't treat me like his son just a random nigga off the street. He was dirty as hell and wanted me to be the same but I couldn't,"

By the time he was finished, he released a breath I bet he didn't realize he was holding. 

"I'm so sorry Cinad, you didn't deserve none of that," I shook my head with a few tears at the brim in my eyes.

"It was wrong but it made me the man I am today. I may have some fucked mental issues as I get older but for now I can say it made me stronger," He replied in joking way but it was honesty behind that.

"But out of all of that all I wanted was my mama, so I know how they feeling right now." He sighed referring to Jordan, Mace and Emoni.

"I know, and then Jordan shouldn't even be dragged into this bullshit," I mumbled thinking about how he should be with Rian and helping her with her pregnancy.

"I know, I don't even know how they got him but he just doing that to get to me. He knew if it was my mama I wouldn't give twofuck,"

"What happen between you two," I asked tilting my head.

"After, I came back from living with my dad she wanted nothing to do with me, she said I was a bad influence and corrupted all that bullshit," He rolled his eyes as I shook my head.

This made me rethink me and my mom relationship. Things were bad on our end but they could've been 10 times worse after hearing Cinad story.

"Is that why you took a liking to my family," I asked and he nodded with a basically followed.

"You stuck with me together or not the family love me," He smirked pecking my lips.

One peck turned into two and then three and before we knew we were having a full blown make out session. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he hoisted my legs around his waist, feeling my body connect to the wall I felt as he grind himself onto me.

Grabbing my butt for extra support, he laid me on the floor as he got on top of me placing kisses on my neck causing me to take my bottom lip between my teeth.

Grinding himself slowly against my lower half, I felt myself losing control of myself before I pulled away. 

"I don't think now is a  good time for that," I chuckled awkwardly as he put his down agreeing. 

"I was to into the moment," He laughed making me laugh also agreeing with him.

Flipping us over, he laid on his back while I straddled his lap laying on him as he rubbed my back while we drifted off thinking.

"I care about you a lot  Ava even though yo' ass was always doing some bullshit but I still want you to know you the first girl I was ever open with like that," He muttered as his hands traveled to my butt massaging it.

"And after all the niggas, you still was the only one that was able to keep my attention," I replied as he smirked sending a hard smack to my ass.

I could tell he wanted to admit things because, he didn't know how all of this could go tonight but, I wasn't trying to think about that at the moment.

_________________________________________

This is going to be broken up in parts, how many? I do not know.

But yeah, think about to get pretty intense.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 628 39
Depression and heart break isn't a good combination. Imani found herself dealing with her momma issues and finding herself. Imani was in loved at a p...
8.4K 105 19
Y/N Curtis. She was a fearful girl at the start, but traumatizing events changed her. Y/N Curtis. In the highest part of life, she was a strong, dama...
37.2K 2.2K 31
Bookworm Alicia Woodson only cares about one thing: having a successful life now that she's done with college. And the way she plans to do that is to...
LessonS. By Fun

General Fiction

48.8K 2.2K 76
She shows him how to live; He shows her how to love.