The Footballer's Sister

By thiscoolkidd_

Imagine being Cristiano's younger sister? More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 15

251 8 0
By thiscoolkidd_

I woke up not remembering a thing that happened yesterday. I honestly didn't even remember falling asleep, but I knew that Marcelo and Sergio helped me out a lot for sure. I climbed out of my bed that was unusually unmade (I don't move too much when I sleep) and stepped on a shoe I didn't recognize as mine.

"What the-" I was cut off when I saw Marcelo and Sergio passed out on the floor with a few pillows and some blankets and my phone on the floor with a shattered screen. Slowly, everything started coming back to me. I was trying to talk through everything with these guys when my dad decided to call and I was so upset, I threw my phone on the ground. Maybe my mom was right, a few anger management tips here and there wouldn't hurt.

I picked it up and silently prayed it still worked. It did, and I was extremely lucky my brother had talked me into getting a glass screen protector because the actual screen didn't have a scratch. Thinking about that jerk made my blood boil and I know I shouldn't hold a grudge but I couldn't help it. Just thinking about yesterday's events made my chest tighten and I felt as if I was going to have an anxiety attack (which I haven't had in a few years). I plopped back down on my bed and tried breathing properly, counting always seemed to help. As soon as I felt somewhat okay, I tiptoed over to the door of my bedroom and went downstairs to look for food. I was hungry!

Of course, being the thoughtful person I was, I made some omelettes for Marcelo and Sergio as well. When I finished cooking, I washed all the dishes and headed back upstairs hoping the guys were awake. Right as I passed the door, I heard it open and my heart dropped to my stomach. I hoped I didn't see my brother but I guess the universe just hated me that much because there he was.

"Hey we need to talk." Cris said in a not so nice voice. I glared back at him and he looked a little taken back. "Look I'm sorry but you should've just listened to me. I know what I'm saying about that Neymar kid." I wasn't about to listen to any of this so I just rolled my eyes and headed back up to my room.

I couldn't even eat what I made because Cris made me so upset. "Hey guys," I announced walking in and waking them up, "I made you all food. I'm going running." And with that, I walked out of the house and into my car.

It was dark and unusually cloudy outside so I slipped on Neymar's long sleeved shirt to keep myself warm if it started to rain. Lucky for me, I brought my waterproof case so not having music was no problem if it started raining.

••••••••••••••••

I was on mile 4 when I felt someone running behind me. It was lightly drizzling outside which made me get lost in my thoughts even more, so I didn't really know how long this person had been behind me. I sped up my pace to see if whoever it was would take the hint. They didn't, of course, because I felt them right behind me once again. I sped up even more and the same thing happened. I was definitely annoyed, there was nothing I hated more than someone running near me. I don't know why, it just made me uncomfortable. I turned around and not so politely said "Do you mind running ahead? It kind of bugs me when people are too close." I couldn't see who it was but I knew he was a male in a black hoodie and running shorts. He looked up and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his face.

"Hey there Kat, how's it going?" His voice gave me chills up my spine and I couldn't seem to breathe right.

"Luke.." I choked out. "What are you doing here?" This running trail wasn't exactly a place everyone knew about and that's why I liked it so much.

"Just heard you run around here and I figured if the best trains here, I should give it a try too." He explained. He smiled and held his arms out. "I don't get a hug from you now?"

"No you don't. Are you stupid?" I asked.

"Ouch." He laughed, "so sassy. But I like it so I don't mind."

His remarks almost made me vomit in my mouth. They were so lame. I rolled my eyes and just kept running. Now I was a little on edge and I wasn't sure if I was mad, scared, or what exactly was going through my head. He was still attractive, but thinking of what he did to me pushed that thought from my mind and made me feel repulsed by him. I heard approaching footsteps and prepared myself to be near him again.

"So I hear you're a big deal now." He stated, "no surprise though, you were always a big deal to me. Remember that?"

"Yeah I also remember you telling me that my chances of making it were slim to none when you got mad. But look at me now. Nationally ranked and going to Olympic trials next month." I snapped.

"I said that to motivate you." He said.

"Cut the crap. I think we both know you were just mad cause I didn't give you what you wanted." I said with a laugh.

"Look little girl, I could've killed your career back then and believe me, I regret not doing it. This obviously got to your head and made you a conceited bitch. I wish I took the chance back when I had it." He whispered through gritted teeth.

"Are you still bitter that you couldn't have sex with a 15 year old girl cause she turned you down?" I asked sarcastically.

"Don't act like you didn't want me Kat, I know you did. Probably still do. But who can blame you-" He was cut off by a loud voice calling my name. Someone was walking this way wearing a gray sweater and a hoodie due to the light rain outside.

"Lina what the hell are you doing with this guy?" I heard the voice call out. I recognized it as Rafa's and my stomach was in knots. I knew how mad he probably was.

"Hi there, I'm Luke. Nice to meet you." Luke said politely, stretching out his hand. Rafa took off his hood and gave Luke the nastiest look I've ever seen.

"I know who you are, asshole. Why are you here with him Lina?" He questioned again.

"And who are you, her dad?" Luke called out.

"It doesn't matter who I am, she shouldn't be around you." Rafa answered back. Then they began to bicker back and forth, so I couldn't make out what they were saying.

"LOOK," I yelled out, "Luke, leave me the hell alone. Just stop bothering me please. I was done with you and I don't need you back in my life. Take a damn hint."

I slipped my earphones back in and continued running, leaving those two behind while they tried figuring out what had just happened. After a few minutes, I heard the footsteps once again. I was beginning to get extremely frustrated and I'm not a fun person when I'm angry.

"Lina slow down please." I heard Rafa's voice call out, "We need to talk."

"What?!" I said rudely, "I just came here to get my mind off of everything and I can't seem to do that because drama follows me everywhere. So if you're gonna tell me I'm stupid for seeing Luke, save it. HE came here. I didn't go looking for him."

"I was just going to ask if you were okay." He softly stated.

"Perfect." I sarcastically answered, "I've never been better."

"Please talk to me. Did he do anything to you?" Rafa asked.

"Who even told you were I was?" I asked ignoring his question.

"Welllll.." He said.

"Well?"

"Your brother told me you all were arguing and that you went out running and we were worried about you so he sent me to come check up on you." He said.

"Are you kidding me?! I can't even go for a run without you all freaking out and coming after me. I'm not a kid anymore!"

"I know you're not but you have to understand why I was nervous Lina. After you told me about Luke being here, I couldn't even sleep right at night. I didn't want him near you." He said.

"Well you're not my boyfriend or my dad or anything so stop treating me like the weak little sister Cris thinks I am."

"I don't have to be your boyfriend to care about you. I just wanted to know that you were safe." He stated.

"You know what, I'm gonna go back to my car. And I apologize in advance if I run into Luke while I'm back there. Cause I'm obviously the one who always goes looking for problems." I said walking away trying to keep myself from yelling at him. I somewhat understood why he was being this way but no one told him to be my caretaker. Of course, he followed right behind me all the way back to my car.

"Lina," he said, reaching out and grabbing my arm, "I'm sorry." He did that thing where he stared at me so deeply it gave me chills.

"Sorry for what?" I managed to get out.

"Whatever I'm doing that makes you so upset. Look I'm trying here, I really am. But you know better than anyone how hard it is to understand you. I'm willing to try but just please cut me some slack." He explained.

"I'm just confused okay. If you don't want me upset, give me some space."

"Space for what? So you can go see Neymar again? He's my friend Lina so I want him to be happy. And I want you to be happy too, but how am I supposed to let you walk away like this while I'm still in love with you?" He asked.

"Love is a strong word Rafa." I said.

"That's exactly why I've only used it once with you. You mean everything to me Lina. Please don't give up on me. I need you more than you realize."

I didn't know what he wanted me to say or what I wanted to say so I just stayed quiet. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't tell him what he wanted to hear but something in me didn't want to break his heart either.

"Rafa you mean a lot to me. I just don't know what I want."

He got teary eyed which was another first. I didn't know when he got so attached but we were definitely on some new territory.

"I'm so in love with you Lina." He said as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tighter than he ever had. I hugged back just as tight and let myself enjoy it. Just as we were about to pull away, a car pulled up. It was my brothers.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked while stepping out of the car, not looking happy. Uh-oh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 1.2K 16
COMPLETED | She'll just be a perfect stranger to him
640K 13.6K 35
Cristiano Ronaldo just met his son, he just didn't know it. cover made by the amazing: @ _barcelona_
3.6K 109 23
Short stories + Oneshots inspired by my favorite duo in the history of ⚽🤍
80.4K 2K 51
Serena Anne Ronaldo is a 21 year old model who lives in Madrid with her brother Cristiano Ronaldo and her best friend Shriya Montero. Shriya is like...