π™Έπš—πš’πšπš’πšŠπšπšŽ | Divergent

By anxieteaandbiscuits

Completed and edited 1# in Dauntless 9/02/19 1# in Divergent 24/12/18 1# in Abnegation 29/04/19 Sasha Eaton... More

Character Page
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
Sequel
10k

Chapter 19

3K 83 5
By anxieteaandbiscuits

A coffee in hand, I debated whether it was worth going back to bed for the rest of the day, however, I apparently had responsibilities as a member of Dauntless. I took a sip and turned away from the large windows, summer was finally upon us and the sun rose as early as I did, spilling natural light into the living area.

I didn't realise how much I would love having my own place, with its bare brick walls, and large windows. I felt content in Eric's place but it wasn't mine.

The apartment had a lot of quirky objects, like it's bright red fridge and metal stools in the kitchen and large couch that sat before the coffee table made up of boxes with a glass top, and the huge TV which held all the movies recovered from before the war. I didn't spot one in Maddie's room but Eric had one and so did my brother, though Tobias didn't seem to use it, so I assume that there for the higher passing Initiates.

I finished the last of my coffee and trekked up the spiral staircase to a raised platform held up by galvanised metal tubes with thick oak planks which made up the floor, the roof above was punctuated by skylights, they were a little grimy but I was able to watch the stars pass overhead if a night was particularly sleepless.

I guess coming first in Initiation had it's perks.

The front door unlocked and I peeked over the edge of the platform to see Eric in a black vest and shorts, who had obviously been on a run.

"Afternoon," he greeted sarcastically, "just wanted to see if you raised yourself from the dead before I go back for some more meetings."

I rolled my eyes. "It's ten."

Humming, Eric handed me a cardboard box. "A bad night?"

"It was fine."

I had been spending more time in my own apartment, getting used to the feeling of living completely alone in my new faction, Tobias had been pulling extra night shifts and Maddie along with everyone else had started her training earlier than I had, leaving me to my own thoughts more than usual. I had spent the evening watching movies with Jake when he was available, but it hadn't nearly been enough to deter any virulent thoughts that sounded unnervingly like the poison from my father's mouth.

Eric wrapped his arms round me. "Stay," he asked while softly kissing the back of my neck, I broke out of his arms and turned to face him.

"I've got work today, I can't be late." I replied giving him another kiss and taking my breakfast with me before Eric could secure a hold on me again, and possibly get me to stay.

"Meanie." Eric called as I opened the door.

"Man-child!" I retorted and closed the door.

.:.

Tobias looked drained as I spotted him slowly making his way down the rickety stairs to his own apartment, knuckles white as he gripped the thin metal rod anchored to the wall which acted as a railing.

"Hey." I called, drawing his attention from the movement of his feet.

"Hey, Sasha." He smiled sleepily "where are you off to?"

"First day at the parlour, Tori is mentoring me." I nodded in the direction of his apartment "go to bed and I'll find you later."

"I know you're gonna smash it." He replied, already shuffling towards the corridor "we'll grab dinner, okay. Then you can fill me in without me passing out on you."

Smiling, I watched as he stumbled off towards his apartment.

I walked into the tattoo parlor and saw that people were already milling around, looking at various tattoos, most containing the Dauntless symbol or flames in various forms, Tori walked out of her station and stripped the black gloves off, moving her hand to then release the inky black dreadlocks she'd secured with a scrap of fabric.

"Sasha, welcome back." Tori grinned, indicating for me to follow as she lead me to a small office tucked at the back of the studio. "You're going to be experiencing the other side of the chair from now on."

Nodding, I craned my neck to take in all the purple coloured stencils pasted to the wall.

"If you want to be a tattooist, your gonna need to be able to make a design and to be able to change tattoos to fit your customer's needs." She explained, sitting me at a desk with a pile of paper and pencils, "you're not going to go straight into the tattooing, most of this week you will be doing design work and then we will get you practising on synthetic skins."

I nodded, taking it all in, I loved art in school, it was my favourite.

"There is a few 'customers' requests on that bit of paper, I want you to draw two tattoos for each and add detailed notes for all of them." Tori added, before heading back out into the main shop.

plucking a pencil from the pot, I read the first 'customer' a boy named Uriah who wanted a snake tattoo to symbolise getting over his fear, I pressed the pencil to the paper and let my imagination flow, I sketched out a snake which had his fangs showing- like he was going to bite- the rest of his body curled around the line of his ear and the tail ran down his neck, the tip ending up by his shoulder.

Tori came and checked up on me just as I finished. She pointed to my work, as if to ask if she could look, I lent back and she picked the paper up and studied it, she smiled to herself.

"Uriah will be happy with that design." Tori nodded.

"Wait? Uriah is a real person?" I demanded in shock.

"Yeah, he came to me last week asking for a snake tattoo, I couldn't think of a good one so put it on your tester pile to see if you could give a good one- and you done a amazing job." Tori remarked and left the room with my design in hand. I carried on all the way through till three, when Tori and Bud finally persuaded me to take a break and get some food.

I saw my brother in the dining room and headed over to him, he was staring intently at the water in front of him, I sat in my normal seat and tucked into my bagel.

"Are you going to tell me what was going on now?" He asked, I couldn't lie to Tobi, he was my closest family, and we had no secrets.

"I was hoping to do this later." I mumbled, the canteen was practically empty, so it wasn't like anyone could overhear us, but there was still enough people to spread the news if Tobi lost his cool and started yelling.

He raised an eyebrow.

Sighing, I looked down at my plate "I kissed Eric and we're dating." I said in a rush, Tobias raised an eyebrow.

"Did he force you?" Tobias asked, his voice dangerously low, I never saw him like this, not even with Marcus.

I shook my head and I heard him sigh "I'm not happy about it, but as long as you're happy." He replied and I opened my eyes "plus it wasn't as if it was a surprise." Tobias added.

Intrigued, I raised a eyebrow "well, his interest in you, his protectiveness of you- I saw he liked when you were in a coma and he was holding your hand as you slept." I grabbed my bottle.

"I never knew."

"You weren't supposed to, I'm just good at reading people."

I couldn't deny that, Tobias had some kind of sense to telling what people were thinking.

"I'll see you later," I said "I should be out at about half six, have food for me please."

Tobi grinned and shooed me out of the hall.

I walked in as Tori finished a man's tattoo, I saw the familiar design around the ear and smiled, before carrying on to the drawing room, I sat down and got to work on the second part of tasks.

It was about half six when I heard a knock on the door, I glanced up and saw Eric leaning against the frame.

"How can I help you Mr Leader?" I asked.

He hummed and replied "looking for my beautiful girlfriend, you seen her?"

I shook my head "nope." I replied and he walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me and peering over my shoulder at the sketch on the page.

"That's amazing Sash," Eric muttered his eyes scanning the page, the tattoo was of the Dauntless symbol but it was only visible through three long gashes, so it looked like it was underneath the skin.

"Eric, is there something I can help you with?" Tori asked from the doorway, "or are you just harassing my new protégé?"

I caught Eric staring at the tattoo on my right wrist, "yeah I want a tattoo- a inch- of the Dauntless symbol." He replied and followed Tori out into the main shop, coming back in around thirty minutes later with Dauntless flames- exactly like mine just coloured in.

"You can go now Sasha, you done great today." Tori said and I waved goodbye.

As soon as we were out the shop Eric grabbed my hand, pressing our tattoos together, it clicked and I smiled to myself "very smart." I complimented.

Eric nodded "now let's move you into your apartment." 

"Is it okay if you just move the boxes in, and I'll unpack them all later, I said I'd see my brother as I haven't spent much time with him recently."

I really regretted not seeing my brother a lot during the second and third stage of Initiation, apart from the few times he came to Eric's and the hospital.

He quickly kissed me, "of course, I'll leave the door unlocked to mine if you don't want to unpack later."

"Thank you. I might just take you up on that offer."

Hi, everyone i'm sorry if this chapter is boring but I need to build it up- I am planning something big- Don't worry

Vote & Comment

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 101 17
This story, follows the sixteen year old daughter of now Dauntless leader, Eric. A young woman, confused, trying to decide where she belongs while li...
788K 11K 36
Melody Eaton is leaving the life of abnegation and her father Marcus behind to start a new better life in Dauntless hopefully with her older brother...
28.4K 787 39
(Being edited) "Please Tobias just get out. I need to be alone." I said begging my brother. "No. Rosemary, no matter what Marcus says your beautiful...
134K 3.2K 138
This is the second story in a trilogy: Change Of Heart (Book One)-complete To Save A City (Book Two)-complete To Change A City (Book Three)-in prog...