His Nerd (DISCONTINUED)

By littlestories123

Maya Flores was the type to stay away from danger. From the crowd. From the gossip. From the popularity. And... More

One| Introduction
Two| Number Exchange
10 Years Ago
Three| A Cute Stranger
Four| Im Fine
Five| Weird Man
Six| Aftermath and Cute Stranger Returns
Seven| BlackMail?
Nine| A War
Ten| First Kiss
Eleven| Stolen
Twelve| Difficulty
Thirteen|| Oh Pickles

Eight| Braden & The Confession

12.4K 462 68
By littlestories123

AN: OMG I know! I updated, YAY! Guys, honestly all your support help me write this chapter. I'm still in the verge of fighting writers block. Pray for me to fight this off. 😭😝. But anyway, yes I really love all the support and love I've gotten for this book. I didn't actually think it would get this popular but thanks SOOO much! I'll try to keep going and I hope you enjoy.😊

Eight| Braden & The Confession

I scrunched my nose, taking chunks of notes as the teacher literally talked like a wood pecker. I've never heard such a good subjected teacher speak so annoyingly. English is my best favorite course yet I can't seem to even like it the tiniest bit with her!

My hand wrote as fast as it could, zooming through the page. I swear I saw a fire spark through the paper and my skin.

Tap. Tap.

It was faint but I could feel the little pokes on the back of my shoulder. I didn't move, not a single flinch. I was so concentrated on my work I didn't want to look anyone in the eye.

Tap. Pokkee.

I bit my lip to hold in my annoyed groan.

Poke.

I whipped my head to look back. I found a very pretty girl sitting behind me. Her light brown brunette hair flowing down her back gracefully and strands down her face. Her pale skin made her cheeks rosy red glow and her bold brown eyes stared at me. We were basically the same height.

"S-sorry.. I didn't mean to get you angry but.. Could I borrow a pencil?" She looked at me  with large circular glasses brimming on her nose. I soften a bit and nodded.

I can't believe how on edge I am today. All because of ... Alec.. Gosh, I hate the effects he has on me. Ever since yesterday and the time at the nurses office, he's been on my mind every day! What's going on with me?..

I handed her a pencil and she slowly gripped the pencil in her hand. She seemed to be more shaken up then me.. I wonder if there's something wrong.

"Hey." I spoke a bit loudly. She jumped, blue eyes slowly looking up to gaze mine.

"Are you okay?" I asked in a calm tone. She sent me a sheepish frown and nodded. Wow, she's so cute.. Oh my.. She would fit perfectly with–..

"Class. Today we are having a new student, I would like all of you to welcome–." The teacher began, coming back inside the room while pointing his finger at someone by the front door. We all anticipated the new face that was about to walk through the door.

"Braden Carter." My mouth dropped as Braden walked in the room with his head hung and his brown hair covering a hidden blush. Braden! That's who she'll fit perfectly with! Gosh, I don't even know her name but I could tell they'd be perfect for one another. I knew Braden was going to come but I didn't think it was going to be today.

A day after the stare down with Alec, of course.

"Alright, I hope you all give him a warm welcoming. Braden, you may sit next to Bailey. Bailey, raise your hand."

The girl borrowing my pencil raised her hand. I gapped. No way. It's destiny! As I fan girled, Braden rose his head, revealing those dark brown eyes. A wide grin like Cheshire spread across his lips as he spotted me. I smiled and waved him over.
Immediately he left the teachers side and zoomed across the room to get to Bailey and I.

"H-hey. I didn't know we were gonna have the same class." Braden plopped down next to Bailey who nervously wrote away on her piece of paper. I shrugged and grinned as well.

"Luck I guess." I chuckled sheepishly. He just nodded, "a lot of luck." The teacher then went back to teaching as Braden kept staring at me. I smiled and glanced at Bailey which I found blushing madly while gazing at Braden.

I knew they would fit. I smiled and turned back to the teacher. This was gonna be a good day..

~•~

The entire day went by with me helping Braden and Bailey who obviously wanted to take apart of Braden. They're so cute working together. I feel like such a mother. At the end of the day Bailey and I became somewhat close. No only that, but I somehow managed to avoid Alec the entire day.. That is until the end of the day...

I was walking out of my last class which is Algebra. Alec probably ditched (not surprised) and took some serious notes for the next exam coming up and hoping to get at least an A- on. I found Bailey trying to open her locker so I went up to help her. I found it funny yet slightly adorable as her temple furrowed every time it didn't open.

"Need help?" I asked. She whipped her head up and I was shocked how I didn't hear a crack but either way she stared at me.

"Um.. Y-Yeah."

I grinned a her reply, threw my bag on the floor and crouched to the lock.

"Combination?"

"11-45-50". I nodded at her curt response and opened it in a matter of seconds. She gasped and smiled brightly, swinging it open and shoving some books inside.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"You don't know how to open it?" I questioned while tilting my head. She hummed and shook her head 'no.' I made an O shape with my mouth and smiled with a sincere nod.

"I could teach you."

"Really?" She flushed. I sent her a curt nod and began to explain. As I explained to her the lock, I began to wonder how she didn't know how to open her locker. Is she new? I've never seen her around. But she is quiet so she might be the "day dreamers" in the back of the class. The only time I ever went to the back was when Alec was suspended I think.

Other then that, I've always been a nerdy front.

"Alright so.. 45.. 50.. Done!" The locker popped open. I stared in amazement as she did a victory hum. I had to do it at least fifty times before actually opening the locker by myself on the first day.

"Wow. That was fast."

"Your a good teacher." I smiled at that. Hm. I guess I am a good teacher. "Did you finish the class work in Math?" I asked as we walked down the hall. We zoomed passed other Juniors, seniors, sophomore and freshmen. It's crazy sometimes but I somehow manage to squeeze by. After school, everyone runs to get home so there's not that many people after school.

"Yeah. It was pretty easy. Especially the test today."

"I heard that test was hard.."

"It's not, trust me." She smiled. She actually smiled! I don't think I've seen Bailey smile today and it's kinda refreshing. Specially all the tension she carries. She's basically a closed book but a good book in a way.

"We have the same class, right? Just different periods." I remarked and she nodded. "Wanna walk home?" I suggested.

"Yeah but.. C-could I use bathroom first." She pointed to the girls restroom.

"Sure. I don't have to use it so I'll just wait outside." She hummed at that and ran inside. She must really have to go. I waited outside the bathroom, leaning on the wall. For a while and I could hear little whispers inside. I assumed she must be speaking on the phone. I didn't want to eavesdrop so I played Crossy Road on my IPhone 6s.

Then I began to hear rough harsh voices coming up the stairs from my right. This time, I couldn't help but listen to them. I slowly moved towards the stairs and the voices echoed through the staircase.

"She doesn't deserve you!" Is that... Braden?

"Right, like she'll ever pay attention to a geek wannabe like you." No way.. Alec? I thought he ditched school.

"Look. I just wanna be straight. I like her, a lot." Braden said before hitching a breath.

"Watch what your saying, kid." Alec snarled. What are they arguing about? I'm so curious, confused yet I'm not suppose to be hearing this.

"She's mine. Got it? No ones else's. If you dare even speak to her I swear I'll cut off your–."

"Really? Did you forget about Maya's feelings or are you just gonna forget that she has a choice?" Braden growled. Me? Were they talking about me? Why are they talking about me? And why do they both sound so angry? What's going on?

Twenty questions began to play in my mind.

Alec stayed silent, but the dark tension was there.

"You and I both know you can't force her to love one of us. She chooses who she wants. But from now on–."

"But from now on shes still mine." Alec intruded bitterly. Silence. "Whatever.. But in the end if she chooses me–."

"Pft. Like that will ever happen." Alec bit out harshly. Braden only took a hard breath.

"If she chooses me, she's mine.." Braden said a bit hesitantly. Alec paused for a moment.

"Ok. But get this Junior.." A crash was heard against the wall which made me jump out of my skin.

"She WILL be mine. She's going to be mine and only mine. I'm going to be the one spoiling her. I'm going to be the one she gets to cry on. I'm going to be the ONLY one touching and kissing her. Got it, geek?" Alec growled, making a shudder go down my spine. It chilled me to the core.

"Got it." Braden strained. Then silence and heavy footsteps followed. My mouth was dropped to the floor by the time Alec got to growling. What was going on? Why were they talking about me?

I don't wanna jump to conclusions.. But it sounded like they were arguing about ... me. Alec.. likes me? Braden likes me? No.. That can't be.. Right?

"Oh, there you are. Are you ready to go?" Bailey looked a bit in a rush as she quickly walked up to me.

"Um.." I started.

"Maya!" I turned around to find Braden slowly walking down the steps with a nervous smile. I frowned. He doesn't know.

"Braden." Bailey and I squealed in unison. We glanced at each other. "Did you hear any thing?" He asked, staring into my eyes. I shook my head a bit paralyzed.

"Braden.. D-do you wanna walk with us?" Bailey asked. No.. No! Braden has to fall in love with Bailey. They're meant for each other. No, I can't jump to conclusions. They could be talking about a different Maya.. Maybe.

"Sure." Braden grinned. We all walked out, leaving me to my own deep thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85K 2.2K 17
"How much of that did you hear?" "Everything after 'he's in the guest bedroom' " Great, that means he heard it all. Maybe im not prepared for this...
20.9K 607 21
Alec is the school's fighter. Luna is the school's bookworm. What will happen when the two cross paths on a Friday night. Read to find out. PLEASE DO...
292K 5.3K 44
Whitney Gordon will defend her family at all costs. If people shout names or say mean things just because she has two dads, well they can all go to h...
830K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...