The Orchid[BoyxBoy]

By LadyMarionettist

The palace decreed for every family's daughter to be sent to the palace as a concubine. Because of his mistre... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Happy Chinese New Year 2016
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 20

9K 314 174
By LadyMarionettist

Hello everyone~ I apologies for taking a long time to update chapter 20. Tbh, I'm actually experiencing writers block now— I can't promise how long I will take to update the next chapter again. :'( ASDFGHJKL BUT I WON'T FORGET TO THOSE WHO MOTIVATED ME! *cries* If it weren't you guys, I won't be able to complete this chapter so I am reeeeeeeally grateful to have friends who sticks with my Orchid until now. Thanks for the love and wish me luck for the next chapter! ;w;/

=====================================

It was already afternoon and Hui Qing had done her part early as usual. Since she has nothing to do at the moment, the beauty took the opportunity to take a rest. She grabbed a chair nearby and sat at the corner of the kitchen while watching the others doing their works.

Her big and round cat eyes focused on the lady, whom was stirring the seething soup in the pot. The lady was once a person she had hated because of the conflict between them. Even though women have no rights to decline arranged marriage, but seeing Shu Xiaofan's father had his knees on the ground and kept on apologizing softened both her father and brother's heart.

Her brother once said he had someone he interested. Coincidentally, that person appeared to be the daughter of the Shu family. Hui Qing never saw Shu Xiaofan's face before and did not know what kind of person she was, but seeing how happy her brother was, she felt happy for him as well.

Unfortunately, their happiness did not last long when the Shu family suddenly decided to cancel the arranged marriage. Although her brother said he was fine, but she knew deep inside his heart, he was already broken. In result of that, Hui Qing began to hate Shu Xiaofan for taking lightly of other's feeling.

Ironically, here she was, sitting at the corner, watching the hateful Shu Xiaofan doing her work. Worst of all, Hui Qing even offered her a help. What on earth she was thinking saying that she would help her?

After getting along with her in a short time, Hui Qing could not believe Shu Xiaofan was different from what she imagined. Even though the beauty had mistreated her with numerous of ill deeds, Shu Xiaofan does not take it into heart nor seek for revenge. Instead, she insisted on clearing the misunderstood between them.

Hui Qing felt greatly ashamed when she recalled back how stubborn and childlike she was. The time she went back to her sense, she did not notice that Shu Xiaofan's eyes and hers already locked on each others. Hui Qing felt blood rushed to her face and quickly averted her eyes away from the other lady.

Ruolan had no idea why the beauty stared at him for a long time but continued doing his work anyway.

Meanwhile, Xuan Yuan Rui came back after gone missing for hours. When Meng Yue saw him, she ran to him and asked impatiently, "Shaoqing where have you been? Do you not know how much work I had to do after you left? As a servant, you should not behave like this. If the Emperor were to found out his servant slacked off, Shaoqing will not be able to help us again!"

The Third Prince only let out a silly chuckle. Even if his darling brother were to find out he disguised as a servant, he knew Xuan Yu was not that fool to get rid of him just because of trivial matter such as this. "I am sorry for suddenly left you like that. Well, you know, nature calls."

"For four hours?" Meng Yue knitted her eyebrows.

"Probably diarrhoea?" Hui Qing suddenly shot in as she approached the duo.

Xuan Yuan Rui quickly distanced himself as soon he spotted the beauty in his vision. He made a humble gesture as he answered her, "Not diarrhoea, Lady Hui. It was just a normal nature call. After he had done his business, Shaoqing was told by other servant that His Majesty summoned for him."

Their expression changed when they heard the Emperor's name. Hui Qing hurriedly asked, "For what reason the Emperor summoned you?"

"For Lady Shu of course!" The Third Prince smiled widely as he continued, "The Emperor ordered Shaoqing to bring Lady Shu to him."

"His Majesty summoned for Lady Shu?!" Meng Yue gasped. The Emperor never showed his face at the quarters lately after the incident. She wondered why he suddenly wanted to see her lady.

The maid's loud voice caught the attention of another person inside the kitchen; Ruolan peeked from inside and saw the trio standing near the door. He was curious to know what they were talking about and decided to join them as well. Ruolan approached them and asked why they gathered there. After Shaoqing informed him about the Emperor, his face became pale as nervousness throbbed his stomach at once. Thousands of thoughts emerged in his head and all of them were an unpleasant one.

Still, no matter how anxious and terrified he was, there was a tiny part in his heart feeling happy for he was able to see the man again.

Both ladies did not follow Ruolan as the male servant explained he would take care of Lady Shu. Hui Qing and Meng Yue understood then cleaned the kitchen before going back to the court. Ruolan did offer them a help but Shaoqing told him to depart immediately since the Emperor does not like waiting.

Ruolan left the kitchen and escorted by the male servant to the Study room. When they reached there, he saw the Study room was not as big as he imagined yet quite luxuries for a commoner like him. There were small garden and two guards standing outside the main door. Their faces were grumpy and fierce that he did not dare to enter the room alone.

Strangely, as soon the guards spotted them; their face changed and bowed their head for a respect. Ruolan was quite surprised of their sudden changes of expression. He turned his head to Shaoqing only to find the servant was nowhere to be seen. He felt like he has been betrayed, how could Shaoqing left him alone there! While Ruolan grumbled about the mean servant, he saw another person came out from the main door to escort him in.

Upon seeing the familiar servant, Ruolan heaved a relief sigh then greeted him with a small smile.

Rong Heng responded with a nod before reported to the Emperor, "Your Majesty, the requested person has come."

"Bring her in." Said the deep and cold voice filled with authority from inside the room.

Ruolan's chest began to pound faster when heard the voice. Without wasting time, he lowered his head courteously as he strode forward then knelt before the Emperor, "Concubine Shu is here as Your Majesty wished for."

Xuan Yu stared at her carefully. It was not like he did not see her for a long period of time but he could noticed a little bit of changes in her. Her face looked pale and tired since from the last time he saw her. "How are you?"

"Concubine Shu is grateful for His Majesty's concern but she has been fine."

Judging from her appearance, the Emperor knew she was not. "Very well. Even though you are given the chance to do the things you liked, do not work too much or it will not be good for your body. Remember to always take a rest if you feel tired."

The way the Emperor expressed his concern, does not match with his calm and solemn expression. Ruolan could not tell if the Xuan Yu truly concern about him or not. "Thank you, Your Majesty. Concubine Shu will follow His Majesty advice."

Xuan Yu nodded. "You must be curious why I summoned you here."

"Concubine Shu would be lying if she said she did not." Ruolan softly replied.

"True. One would wonder why the King summoned for them. But be at ease, it is not something bad."

Ruolan only felt relaxed after knowing he will not be hearing any bad news for now.

"I want you to meet someone." The Emperor continued.

Someone? Who might it be and what does that person have to do with him? Ruolan's curiosity piqued.

Someone came into the room after the Emperor called for that person. Ruolan could hear the sound of the heavy boot getting near and stopped right beside him. From the sound he just heard, he thought that person could be a guard. Why Xuan Yu wanted him to meet a guard?

The man beside him knelt in respect, "I, Yong Shun Jun pay his respect to Your Majesty."

Ruolan's breath stopped for a moment. Yong Shun Jun? Could it be Shun Jun?

"Both of you may rise."

Both of them stood up as the Emperor ordered.

"It is your first time meeting him. He is General Yong."

Ruolan swirled his body to greet the person beside him. Much to his surprise, that person was really Shun Jun. This time he did not dressed in his usual white robes; instead he was dressed in full military uniform and his hair neatly combed into a high pony tail. Giving him another different impression than Ruolan used to know. He almost could not believed himself that all of the time, he actually been talking to a general!

Ruolan was greatly dumbfounded before he could speak again. He has been encountered with Shun Jun more than three times now. Just what kind of fate did they have to be able to meet again?

Both of them greeted at each other before turning back to the Emperor. The way Shun Jun greeted him, it seemed like he had forgotten about him. But what does he expect anyway? It would be impossible for Shun Jun to remember Ruolan since he only met him once

"I will not beat around the bush. The reason why I summoned both beloved general and concubine here is to discuss about Lady Shu's previous request."

Ruolan almost choked his own saliva. Heaven, what else the Emperor wanted to discuss about it? Was Xuan Yu not the one forbade him to not bring the topic again?

Shun Jun, on the other side did not least have any change of expression. He stood there wordlessly and attentively, ready to accept any order given by the Emperor if there were any.

"After been thinking through about Lady Shu's request, I have decided to loosen the palace rules a bit. Lady Shu, she is given the permission to do as she wishes as long she did not cause any trouble."

Ruolan blinked, could not believe of what he just heard. This meant his previous request has been approved by the Emperor?

"General Yong,"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"I want you to accompany Lady Shu during her time outside the palace. Remember to watch her all the time and protect her from any harm."

Shun Jun bowed humbly, "Your humble general had received the order and will do anything to protect her even if it cost his life to keep the lady safe."

Ruolan stood in his spot silently as he listened to the duo exchanged words. After a while, Xuan Yu decided to dismiss him as Ruolan gave a final salutation to the Emperor before leaving the room.

Shun Jun stared at the concubine until she disappeared from their sight. The Emperor saw the man's eyes locked onto the lady then ask, "Is there something wrong?"

Shun Jun shook his head. "I am quite surprise for you to go this far for a mere concubine."

Xuan Yu let out a sigh as he spoke, "It was my servant and that idiot Third Prince begged me to reconsider. If it was not for them, that lady will not have a chance to step out. Hence, I leave her in your care. Do you personally against my request?"

Shun Jun almost burst into a laugh. One would not dare to decline the heavenly order including him. "Anything from you I would not object, Your Majesty. So tell me, what is this about anyway?"

Hearing Shun Jun said those words along with a chuckle, it was quite strange for Xuan Yu to do not feel least annoyed. But when the Third Prince did so, it pissed him to the point of killing him.

They were having a short chat about the upcoming cooking duel when suddenly they heard footsteps rushing from the outside and saw Xuan Yuan Rui barged into the room. "Imperial Brother! Brother Shun Jun!"

Speaking of the devil.

"Third Prince!" Shun Jun beamed when he saw the Third Prince.

Xuan Yuan Rui ran towards Shun Jun then threw himself into the big man's arms, hugging him enthusiastically, "Brother Shun Jun! It has been a while, how have you been?"

Shun Jun was a bit surprised by the Third Prince's random action, but still held him tight. "Your humble general has been fine. Why is Third Prince so energetic every time he sees me?"

Xuan Yuan Rui puffed his cheeks out, pretending to be spoiled. "Brother Shun Jun, how many times did I tell you not to address me that! Yuan Rui is fine though!"

"How could this humble general dare to address Third Prince by his name? He cannot be rude to the noble." Shun Jun chuckled as he teased the Third Prince.

"But Brother Shun Jun called Imperial Brother by his name which is beyond rude since he is the Emperor!" The Third Prince pouted even more but adorably.

Shun Jun liked it when the Third Prince made such adorable face every time he reacted to his small tease. Shun Jun let out a laugh then pointed at his own cheek, "Sure, only if you give me a peck here."

The Third Prince's eyes shone with excitement, "Really?? Then I will do it!"

Right after Xuan Yuan Rui said those, he felt an abrupt pain in his head and immediately halted from proceeding his move. He held his head as he looked at the culprit with teary eyes, "What was that for?"

"Stop messing around you fool! Here is not a place where you can do anything as you please!" Xuan Yu said annoyingly.

"Oh dear Imperial Brother, you could have just said 'stop' instead of hitting me." Xuan Yuan Rui voiced out his dissatisfaction before burying his face into the big man, "Brother Shun Jun, he hit me! Imperial Brother is such a bully!"

Shun Jun gently patted the Third Prince's head. "There there, no need to be sad about it. I will treat you snacks later, alright?"

The sound of crying stopped in a second after the persuasion. Xuan Yuan Rui looked up with a happy face, "Really? Thank you so much, brother!"

Xuan Yu became more irritated looking at how Shun Jun reacted to the Third Prince's childish act. "Shun Jun, you better stop doing that or you will spoil him even more. You know I dislike spoiled child the most."

"It is alright," Shun Jun shot the Emperor a grin. "We rarely meet anyway so it is not hurt to spoil him once."

Xuan Yuan Rui's lip stretched even more knowing the general stood in justice for him. "Brother Shun Jun is so kind, unlike my blood related brother. He is always cold to me and never treats me anything. Yuan Rui is really sad!" The Third Prince said as he placed his head on the general's chest, looking at Xuan Yu with his tongue sticking out.

His provoking act enough caused the blue vein in the Emperor's temple twitched and giving him the idea to strangle the Third Prince straight away. Before Xuan Yu could stretch his hands, Xuan Yuan Rui already escaped as fast as he can.

Shun Jun only smiled helplessly at watching their childish fight.

******

Meanwhile, somewhere in the concubine quarters...

"The Emperor allowed Lady Shu to go outside??" Their eyes were as big as bell when they heard the shocking news.

Ruolan gawkily played with his finger. They were not the only people shocked about it though. He, himself still wondered why Xuan Yu suddenly changed his mind. "I could not believe my ears either..."

Hui Qing was still confused what exactly happened at moment. "Wait. Why is it like that? Why the Emperor suddenly gave you the privilege?"

Ruolan and his maid silently stared at each other. Right, Hui Qing had no clue about what currently happened between the Emperor and him. Since the beauty asked, Ruolan explained everything except for Jiao Yi part. He would not easily expose his other intention to someone he just get along for only a week. Hui Qing on the other side found his reasoning a bit ridiculous but after a few explanations, she finally understood everything.

He was given three days to find everything he needed. As a cooking expert like him, ingredients were easy to find, however finding a person was one of a heavy task since he never meet Jiao Yi before. But no matter how hard it was, the rare opportunity has come and he should do all his best in both cooking and searching.

Ruolan had his finger crossed, hoping for everything to turn well during the days he will legitimately go outside the palace.

End of chapter 20

Artwork time! :'D This time I made lots of sketches and drawings~

Yong Shun Jun

F!Ruolan

Meng Yue, Xuan Yuan Rui and Hui Qing

Xuan Yu, Rong Heng, Shun Jun and Ruolan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 475 18
As per the title says. I'm a YuZhou fan and I write this because I take in delights of writing oneshot stories, song fics, and other kinds of stories...
EMPRESS LIU By Desi Turtle

Historical Fiction

295K 10.3K 55
When Liu Changsheng came into the Emperor's household marrying the fourth Prince he had no ambition at all. He was just a fool in love. He was assaul...
44.5K 3.2K 49
General Sevei is of the firm opinion that Nobles are shady and Alchemists even shadier. Noble Alchemists are the absolute worst. He is not looking fo...
132K 4.9K 49
Liu Xu Yuan, having died from an unknown death, found himself bound to a system. Thus he starts the journey of going through various worlds to compl...