The Rebound.

By Elle_hcim08

Hello guys! !:}} Okay, so after thinking about a lot of things, i came up with an idea for this story. It wil... More

The Rebound.
Introduction: YOLO
Trespass.
Sneaky Sneaky.
Meet Libby.
Last day.
The disguise.
Me and the magazine.
Saturday night.
Uh-oh!
A date?.
Peaches.
Untitled.
Hear it from Cooper.
Teehee.
Girlfriend.
The Untold.
Don't save me.
I'm free.
Welcome to our world.
Time to spill the beans.
This is it.
No memory.
Trouble.
Plan B.
The evil behind.
Trip.
The rebel.
On hold.
It gets weirder by the day.
So near yet so far.
Who is Ulrich?
Small world.
Is it real?
The truth.
What happened.
Bliss.
Back to the real world.
Who you are.
Mrs. Rueford
Prince Apollo.
And she's back.
Awkward.
Pls read.
Where do I stand?
Closure.
Trouble.
Confrontation.
Parental Guidance is advised.
When it rains, it pours.
Welcome Home.
Sneaking.
My choice.
Turning point.
Back to life.
Annual banquet.
War zone.
Falling apart.
Epilogue.

Meet the parents!.

1.8K 73 9
By Elle_hcim08

Sadie’s POV.

<<>>

Meeting the parents? Why so sudden? I ask myself.

Emily noticed how anxious I was and offered to tour me around and I was right all along, this place is as huge as a palace could be. Even more huge than one I think.

Mesmerized I diverted my attention in the beauty of the house, she seemed as if she lived here too as she tells me about each room. Across one, I came to a table where pictures in frames were lined up. I pick one which gripped my heart once again.

A picture of Chelsey and landon.

Emily paused as she stood beside me.

”It hasn’t been the same around here since she left. This house was never a home and will never be one if she’s not around.” Emily said.

”What’s the progress in finding her? “ I asked as I recall the latest update Cooper told me, according to him, they’re all working on it but to no avail. He said someone is helping her and somehow I don’t know if I should feel right about that particular someone.

”They are getting close, but not close enough.” She answered with a broken tone but quickly she put up a smile.

”You wanna see their room?” she asked making me crease my brows.

”Are we allowed in there?” I asked as she chuckles along while she pulls me out.

”technically no, but they’re not here and it’s not as if we’re gonna steal something or whatever.” She said as I find myself tagging along.

We storm through past another wide area until we reached the most end part which is kind of tiring.

”This isn’t a damn house” I uttered rolling my eyes.

”I know right” she said as we approach a wide stair case. I look up and the ceiling was oh so high.

”Don’t tell me we’re going all the way up there” I said pointing at the end of the stair case.

”Oh yes we are but no worries, we’re taking a shortcut” she said and I realized that the second floor was another storey which was another area. I haven’t seen the outside but I know for sure it is a palace indeed.

She leads me through an elevator making me stunned.

”It’s not really the modern one, but this is safe.” She said opening the rails as we step in.

We get up and to my surprise, the last floor was the best. It wasn’t Victorian in design, it was nothing like the old classy times or vintage. It was modern, it was crafty and very much like a gallery with art around.

”I conclude Chelsey did all these” I said as I gawk at the furniture displayed around with the best architectural design of a home I’d never seen before.

”Yes she did. They have their own kitchen here, their own spare room and all that.” Em said.

Slowly Emily opens the wide door and reveals a very wide room. And mind you, it’s just a room but so gallant and so well wiped off of dust. Emily insisted on touring the floor but I wasn’t comfortable feeling as if I’d been breaking into someone’s place so I asked her to just bring me outside and maybe get some air.

She hesitated a bit but agreed eventually.

On the outside, I couldn’t believe how right I was about this house. This is totally a palace like. The backyard was so wide and the air so fresh.

”They own all of these?” I asked and she nodded.

”They own as far as your eyes can see” she said.

Why am I still surprised? I thought to myself.

Later on, another new face with the same uniform came around.

”They’ve arrived” she said plainly and left making Emily look at me and smile.

”They’re here. Come on.” She said as I follow her making sure I don’t lose sight of her since I know for sure I’d be damn lost if I wasn’t walking around with her. I felt this feeling of anxiety, it’s not how I pictured our first trip together and it’s killing me a little inside that I am about to meet his parents but I crossed my fingers along the way hoping I’d speak to Cooper first before I face them. There’s just no way I’d face them right at this moment. I haven’t prepared for it.

I hadn’t even realized that it took more than 2 hours to roam the house, more if we were up to take a look on each and every door.

In the living area, I saw Cooper as he walks towards me to give me a hug.

”I’m sorry I had to leave you here baby.” he whispered kissing me on my head. I found calmness in his hold as I bury my face for awhile before gathering up the strength to say something about what happened without nagging, with an open mind and a wide understanding of what’s going on and how come I’ve not known a lot of things regarding him, like this house. This place.

I don’t know how long I was in that state just finding serenity in his embrace but the soon as I look up there was no one around but us left in the room. 

He guides me to have a sit as he sits in front of me.

”Your parents are here too? This is your hometown? Your house, and we’re not technically on our own cause everyone seems to be here.” I said when I heard the door open and saw Libby who I haven’t seen in ages take a peak.

”I’m here too!” she yelled making me stand up.

”Libby!” I said as she smiles. Last I heard from her was that Cooper sponsored her to go to school in Italy. We never really got in touch, though we exchange emails here and there. Just a little catching up.

”Later Libs, I gotta talk to her first” Cooper said giving her the eye as she smiles and backs away closing the door once again.

”I thought she’s in Italy?” I asked.

”She came for a short vacation” he said.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you landon would be here. But he won’t be tagging along, Em and Jared are going back home and yes my parents are here, they are still out with Landons parents and will be home for dinner. “ he said.

I nod as I absorb the facts. I’m here now aint I? might as well suck it in.

”Okay. It’s okay. But I’m not so sure about meeting your parents.” I said honestly as he looks at me as if he knew.

”I wouldn’t want you to meet them yet either, not that I don’t intend to introduce you but I gotta be honest and say that my moms a little bit of too much sometimes.” He explained and I knew she’s the type of mum I had in mind.

Given that Cooper is an only son, I’ve known mums that can be a little picky on who their sons should date and I think I wouldn’t fit the category.

Cooper stood up to sit beside me.

”You’ll be fine, I got your back and to tell you right now, her opinions won’t change. Not a thing about you and me.” He said reassuring me.

”He’s your mum Coop. What she’d think of me will matter to me.” I said.

”Baby, if you let it matter to you, then it will. But if you don’t, then it won’t. We’re not here to please her, certainly not you. Sure I love her, she’s my mother after all but not all parent or parents are right all the time” he explained.

”I still feel nervous of meeting her.” I said making him wrap his arms around my shoulder and pulls me closer.

”Don’t be. Just relax.” He whispered.

<<>>

He went on to explain that there’ll be a family dinner later and that everyone will be around. Again I felt this anxiety over meeting his relatives and all. But I had to keep my calm and remind myself that I should never try to be someone else but me.

Libby came in again, this time, rushing to give me a hug.

”I missed you!” she squealed.

”I’m so glad you’re here!” I said as I feel a little relieved that someone of my own class is around making me remember how well they are treated by the Ruefords and giving me high hopes of thinking they’d be nice to me as well.

Though I have a strong feeling they wont.

Call it an instinct.

Libby started telling me about her journey in Italy, her school, the people and how much she loves it. Cooper nods and excuses himself to go take a shower and will be back later.

I listen to Libby as she tells me how shocked and happy she was when she knew we were officially together, she said she never saw it coming but she’s glad. At least I got her approval.

”I’ve always wanted Cindy but I came to accept they’re not meant to be and that it’s you and him so I’m happy! “ she said.

”Thank you.” I said as I hug her and she does the same.

I mentioned about Coopers parents and she smiled at me.

”Don’t let them intimidate you.” She advised.  Now I feel like I’m going to meet real life devil wears prada type of parents.

Libby chuckled at my reaction.

”Relax Sadie! They’re good people behind their facades.” She said giving me a little relief, but not that much.

Yeah, I should not be quick to judge.

I breathe in and out as I convince myself that there’s nothing I should fear, nothing I should be worried about and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of or shy about. They may be of the upper class but damn, I’m not about to step that high to level with them. I can if I want to but I don’t feel like it’s the right thing to do, besides, what would I get in being a social climber? That profile won’t just fit me.

Libby goes on sharing her experiences in taking up a course in designing. She found something she realized she had a passion about and talking about designs, arts and the like of it just brings Chelsey’s thoughts in my head.

I look away and zone out as I remember the happy moments and then I wonder again where she could be, why she hasn’t called? Is she still mad that I told Landon? Is she safe and how is she and her baby doing? The worry in me just won’t slip away but thanks to landons efforts, I believe he will find her someday.

And speaking of Landon and arts, I looked over Libby.

”Do you know where Landon could be?” I asked and she thought for awhile.

”Hmmmm, I think he’s having a drink in the gazebo.” She said making me roll my eyes. I’m starting to think he’s depending on alcohol too much, I think there’s not one day that he hasn’t had a drink.

”Mind if I go see him a bit?” I asked and she nodded as she flips on a magazine.

”Alright, I’ll be here if you need me.” She said.

I looked at her for awhile thinking how I should ask or if I should ask her to tell me the way and as if she read my mind, she looked up at me and smiled.

”There’s someone outside who can show you the way, you just have to tell her. Don’t worry about Coop, I’ll be the one to tell him” she said making me nod.

”Alright then, or I could get my phone and just let him know?” I said and she shook her head in a no.

”You won’t need to. You don’t need any cellular here anyway.” She said making me crease my brows.

”Okay, as you say so.” I said and headed out to find another maid. I hate to call them that but it is what it is.

No smiles, all of them don’t smile even if I’ve been smiling all along at them to not make them feel any less than me. But still I get no response making me wonder how weirder can it be.

”Where would you wanna go?” she asked and I smiled.

”Gazebo please? I wanna talk to Landon.” I said as she nods one time, extends her hand and guides the way as I trail behind. Their hands always at their backs when walking, when talking. So I kept up with her pace and walked beside her but to my surprise she took a halt.

”What’s wrong?” I asked.

”You are not allowed to walk beside us and so do we.” She said.

I wanted to argue but I remembered what Emily said about the conduct in this house.

”Oh. Okay. I’m sorry. I just wanted to get to know you.” I said making her nod and walk on.

”Belinda is my name. Do not get the code of conducts wrong Miss Sadie. We are following certain rules but these rules do not make us feel uncomfortable or less. “ she explained as if she just got into my head.

”OH! I’m surprised you’re even allowed to talk to me” I said trying to be a little sarcastic.

”We are but there are limits. We are never treated wrongly and unjustly. We just want to keep our job to perfection at best we can.” She said with integrity in her voice making it obvious she meant every word she said.

”I see. I’m Sadie by the way, of course you already know that though I’m not so sure how you did when I’ve only seen you just awhile ago.” I said still trying to absorb the fact that they have maids, like how many could they be? And they seem so stiff and unmoved but when this Belinda spoke, she just utterly spoke from her heart.

”We were informed when you arrived. “ she said as I try to catch up with her pace.

”I see. Is there any shortcut somewhere? How far do we have to walk?” I said noticing that there’s no sight of a gazebo around.

”There is a shortcut, if you could fly that is.” She said cracking me up.

”I wish.” I said.

”Or if you can run and be there in a snap.” She said.

”Yeah, if only I got super powers.” I said looking around as I follow her.

<<>>

After another 10 minutes or so, I caught sight of the gazebo and of course, there was Landon, obviously he’s on a mental trance looking as far away in the horizon.

He holds on to a glass, a bottle in the side and just the silence of the slow wind in the air and that’s it. It’s been pretty silent around might I add, not to mention, no one even bothered to even offer me to roam around the streets maybe? And see the beauty of the city? The country?.

But not wanting to sound selfish, I’d rather not push it and wait till Cooper asks me. Besides, I’m a guest and there’s no way I could focus on the sceneries around with my head wrapped around the thought of meeting Coops parents anyway, so here I am trying to divert my attention away.

I look behind and Belinda wasn’t around no more.

I took a step back and creased my brow. She can’t be that fast if she walked back. I walked the hallway to find her nowhere around and went back realizing I must have zoned out pretty long enough for her to get back on her chores, she’s a fast walker too by the way.

I walk my way towards Landon. I was contemplating how to approach him but without him even looking back, he knew I was just behind.

”I hope the surprises dawn on you easily” he said and I chuckled as I gain access and stand beside him.

”Just a little uhhh, weird? Or just really I don’t know, I don’t wanna think about meeting his parents, at least not just yet” I said and he looked over at me and chugged on his drink.

”You’ll get by.” He said and smiled half.

”I hope so. Uhmmm, so, uhhhm, I was thinking about hmmm Chelsey awhile ago” I said bowing my head as I play with my fingers, not knowing how to spark up a conversation about her. It’s not easy, specially not for him.

He turns to face me and puts down his glass.

”Okay, so?” he asked making me shyly look at him.

”Well, I remember she told me about where she keeps her paintings, and I was wondering if you can show me, I mean, uhh, she didn’t tell you about it but I know I did and this is your place so I’m guessing you know where that basement could be?” I said with a little scratch over my head.

He smiled again.

”oh yes, the basement. The secret gallery she kept.” He said and I nodded.

”Yupp, that’s it.” I said smiling as he pours another drink and chugs it down like water.

He released a sigh looking up and chuckled at himself.

”Good thing you reminded me.” He said as he chugs another one making me look at him in awe and got me thinking how many has he have to get drunk cause it seems like the alcohol isn’t working in his system.

”Uh, yeah, well, you might wanna slow down on the drink.” I said not being able to help myself from commenting. He chuckled again and put the glass down.

”Why don’t we go find that basement instead” he said gesturing his head forward and I follow through as I nod in agreement.

As usual, we took a long way and he didn’t even seem tired. We reached that stair case again making me release a sigh, of course, I’ve been there, but I’m not gonna tell him that I sneaked in their room for awhile.

I take a step up and he goes straight. I paused to catch my breath and he looks back.

”You alright?” he asked and I was looking for a trace of tiredness in his face but there was none. I swallowed hard to catch my breath before speaking.

Before I could, he yells out a name and out came another maid from the top of the stair case.

”Bring me water quick” he said and off the maid went. Damn they all walk fast I thought as I take steps up and further.

”How come you don’t even seem tired while here I am with my legs nearly gonna give in from walking this house since this morning” I vented out making him chuckle.

”Well, I guess I’m used to it” he said.

I wonder how people here can get used to this kind of wideness and not be tired.

And quickly the maid came in with a bottle of cold water which I so badly needed. I gulped like I was the thirstiest person ever. I took a rest in the big arm chair and after awhile off we went the third floor, their own floor might I say.

He leads me on the other side which Emily probably forgot to tell me about.

In the hallway he pressed on the big book shelf turning around, revealing a door. Of course I was again amazed, I know these things exist, it’s just more amazing to see it in your face though or maybe I’m just that naïve.

We get in as the lights come up. Quite chilly as we walk the aisle and took a turn to the left. It was like a secret passage.

We come to face a door. Landon keeps an eye.

”This is probably it since it’s the only place that no one gets into.” He said as he holds on to the knob and twists it, almost taking it off. The door squealed open and there we go with the beautiful paintings around. Some covered, some not.

”Wow” I uttered in amazement of course and so as Landon who started going through her painting stuff, everything a painter has.

”I can’t believe I didn’t know about this” he commented as he takes off the sheet of one painting. It was a painting of  the gardens outside, and a lot more as we scan through it.

There was a painting of Avie and Eiffer too, and a car, with Chelsey in a back pack, the setting seemed to be in a road.

”That’s how they first met” Landon said.

”They let her hitch a ride with her.” He continued as I nod and scan through the others and it seemed like a comic strip to me. That’s just how wonderful and beautiful her paintings are.

”She’s really great” I said smiling proud of her as he nods.

”She’s more than that” he said as we head out and he locks it again but I caught a glance of him staring straight to the door with traces of regret in his eyes.

We get down quietly. I didn’t wanna add up to whatever he was thinking so I let him be.

Libby came up and grabbed my arm.

”There you are! Come on, we gotta get ready for dinner!” she squealed sounding so excited.

”Dinner?” I asked and looked around.

”It’s dinner time, it’s past 5 already” she said making me pat my forehead.

”Wow. That fast time flies in here huh?” I said chuckling at myself.

”See you later then.” Landon said and heads out as we storm the other way heading to the room I was asleep in.

<<>>

Libby went straight ahead into my walk in closet as she puts up her laptop on the desk and turned on to skype with Avie and Shelby on the other line.

”hey guys!” I said waving my hands in another surprise.

”hey Avie! So we’re here to pick up a killer dress for you tonight!” Avie answered and off Libby went pulling out dresses one by one.

”I can’t even believe Coop packed those” I commented.

”It was my mom who did, he asked her to pack for you so you won’t have to tire yourself” Libby said making me gush in awe and disbelief.

We continued to push on with the dresses and out of 25 choices, the best choice came last where we all agreed on. It was simple, it wasn’t that bearing, nor daring. It was a simple evening wear, casual.

”That will mirror your personality, pair them up with little pearls and you’re good to go!” Avie commented as I nod in agreement.

”How about her make up?” Libby asked and Shelby smiled.

”A little blush on will do. That’s it. No need to posh up to please up, right?” Shelby answered and I nodded in agreement.

”And her hair?” Libby continued.

”Flat iron it and let it wave as it is or if you can do the bun thing, that will do too.” They said making me smile, grateful for these people who never push on to me something I am clearly not.

”I think I’ll just have it down” I said.

”There we have it, all set.” Libby said grabbing a pair of stilettos, just right and simple to pair with the dress.

After a little chit chat with Avie and Shelby and a few tips about what to expect.

”Where’s Cooper by the way?” I asked Libby.

”He’s getting ready now too will be meeting you down in the last step of the stairs.” She said sounding romantic.

”Now you gotta go take a bath so we can get done with your hair, and I think it would be really cool to have a change and flatten it? Only if you want it, iron it just for the night?” she asked and I thought yeah, why not. I’ve had curls all my life.

”Sure.” I said getting up and off I went to have some time in the shower while I contemplate on being myself and wishing not to ruin the night.

I dressed up and to my surprise the dress was really fit.

Cut just above the knee, a fitted plain black semi-formal get up. Libby blow dried my hair and iron it flat giving me a refreshing look. And since we both have no ideas about make up and I having just a little background about it applied some on me.

Moisturizer. Powder. Lip gloss and that’s it.

I looked at myself in the mirror and Libby gave me a thumbs up.

”perfect!” she said.

”Thank you.” I answered back.

”Aren’t you going to change?” I asked and she shook her head.

”I have some studying to do and I won’t be joining but I know what’s on your mind, don’t worry about a thing, you don’t need me there to be yourself. You’ll be fine and perfect just the way you are” she said.

”A little comforting but I really hoped you’d be there” I said nervously as I hear my heart thump.

”Trust me, you’ll be fine. It’s just dinner Sadie. In your modeling career, you’ll meet more people of the high society, this one is just one of those.” She said.

”But still…” I said but she cut me out.

”You’re running late and you don’t wanna be late.” She said as we almost run outside to get down.

”Go Sadie, you can do it!” she said as I look one last look at her before I stepped down the stairs and midway I saw Cooper in his white tux. Wow! I gawked at the hotness of his sight and almost wanted to just call him up and lock up with him.

He gave me the same look as he watches me walk down. We were again stuck in a staring moment like it’s the first time we’ve seen each other. I smiled as soon as I reached the last step and was an inch away from him.

He eyed me up and down and then lightly gave me a kiss.

”I would do more but I don’t wanna ruin your gloss” he whispered making me gush.

”You look beyond beautiful tonight Sadie. You even look more gorgeous without any make up on and I like it. “ he said as I smile at him.

”Not so bad yourself Coop. I never saw you in a white tux and you look awfully hot that I may not keep my hands away from you.” I said in a tease as he wraps his arms slowly around my waist so I was pulled to his chest.

”I got plans in my head you don’t wanna hear baby. But we gotta get done with this dinner first before that” he whispered.

”Shall we?” he asked offering his hand in a very gentlemanly way.

”We shall but I’m freaking nervous.” I said and he chuckled in amusement.

”There’s no freaking reason to be freaking nervous.” He said and followed through with a little joke that made me stay calm and giddy, wiping my worries away.

We walked arm in arm until the wide doors of kitchen opened. It’s not the kitchen I was into this morning, this was a different one.

”This is the family dining area, strictly for occasions like this” Cooper whispered as if he figured out my confusion.

I released a breath as I look around and see 4 people on the table.

In the center was a man, I bet that’s Landons father since they hellish look the same, only he was older looking. To his right was another woman smiling widely and I’m quite sure that’s Landons mom seeing as they share the same smile.

On the mans left was another man, who I guess first hand would be Coopers father, well I’ve seen his face in magazines, and beside him was a woman of bling, diamonds all over her, a picturesque of elegance and class whom I guess is the mother.

I held on to Coopers arms tightly as he puts his hand on top of mine to give me a calming touch.

They all stood up as Cooper greets his aunt and bows down to his uncle very formally that got me wondering, why the need to bow? He proceeds to introduce me to them as the mother of Landon welcomes me with open arms and her husband, well not really that smiley but cordially.

He turns to introduce me to his father whom thankfully accepted my hand shake as he says good evening.

Facing his mom whom I noticed looked me up and down, raised a brow as she studies my face.

”So you are the new girl?” she asked in a very stylish way.

I refused to be intimidated so I smiled and said yes and greeted her good evening.

She stared daggers might I say, not really that killer look, just the scrutinizing look until the door busts open and in comes Landon wearing the same white tux, only his tie was red. He smirks sarcastically as he greets his father, and gives his mom a hug and so as his aunt and uncle.

”Evening Sadie. Looking wonderful tonight” he said as I smile.

”Thank you, so are you Landon.” I said.

”Call me Lan.” He said and I knew now that was a welcome to the club kind of gesture and I sighed in relief thinking he isn’t mad anymore, I hope he really isn’t.

”Shall we start then,” Landons father said as Cooper pulls a chair beside his mother where I sat and then him on my left.

It was quiet while the maids were serving, there were 3 of them and one was Belinda whom I smiled at. Surprisingly, she glanced at Coopers mom which made me did so and I looked at her and her eyes pierced on me in utter disgust.

I smiled though on the inside I feel like wanting to raise a brow at her. What the hell is her problem anyway? I mean, I understand she obviously doesn’t like me but to give me these looks is just annoying but I refuse to let that spoil the night. She is the mother of my boyfriend and I have to keep that in mind.

Once the maids shut the door, Coopers mother started the conversation,

”Where do you work?” she asked blatantly.

”I’m a chef by profession, I just joined glam.” I said politely as I could.

”A chef?” she said sarcastically with a grin.

”She just happens to be the casper chef on the cooking show you watch, she was launched as the new face of glam a night ago and Lexi actually did announce her identity as well, you probably missed that part. She isn’t just a chef, she’s the best there is mother.” Cooper said as he pulls my hand in his.

I looked at him with such pride and dignity.

His mother in return just dropped her jaw and said ‘Oh’.

”How about your family?” she retreated.

”I grew up in an orphanage, my mother died when I was young and for awhile my godmother took care of me but had to leave me in the orphanage. Basically I grew up on my own, I worked my way to school through a scholarship and waiting tables until I got to where I am today.” I said proudly of myself.

His mother obviously didn’t like what she heard.

His father and his uncle was moved in amazement.

”Maybe you should make us a meal some time soon.” Landons father said making me smile in relief.

”It would be my honor.” I said smiling.

I felt the comfort in Coopers touch and it made me feel like I could conquer anything that’ll go in my way tonight. It is honestly hard to be sitting beside someone who made you feel unwanted but it is more than easy to tolerate it because the other person beside you gives you all the reason there is and knowing you’re not alone.

”You must be proud of your achievements, not everyone possess the courage to grow alone and unguided.” Landons mother commented.

”It wasn’t easy but I’m grateful for the obstacles that molded me to be who I am inside.” I said as if I was talking to someone with my own level. She smiled.

We went on talking about other things about glam and about Landon and Coopers childhood. She was very enthusiastic and everyone was participating aside from Coopers mom who remained with a poker face and rolled her eyes from time to time while we share little chuckles.

The night was going so well until the door of the kitchen busts open and in comes Cindy trotting like she was walking on some run way.

”Am I too late?” she said loudly raising her hands as if to welcome herself.

Coopers mom stood up to greet her while all of us sat and stared in confusion.

”Darling, you made it!” Coopers mother said as she pulls her towards us.

Cooper glared daggers at his mother and turned to look at his father.

”What is an uninvited guest doing here?” he asked in confusion and apparent annoyance. His father wipes his side lip and raises his hand as if to calm Cooper who stood up.

”I invited here because we’re going to talk about something after dinner.” Coopers mother said looking at me.

”Family matters that does not include outsiders” she continued as Cindy stares at me in mockery.

Good thing my plate was empty before she arrived or I might have lost my appetite. Landon stood up as well to look at his father who in return also stood up in an authorative way.

”Everybody take a seat. Now!” he said. His tone was calm, but it sounded so powerful making everyone follow.

Cindy was quick to sit beside Cooper while she stares at me with the same look in her eyes. The look of mock. Anger. Hate?

Amidst my confusion, I chose to ask later seeing as Cooper has no idea she’ll be arriving too. I don’t even want to believe that I am stuck in this position. I turn to Cooper who was still holding my hand but took it off as he grabs a drink.

Everyone turns to look at me. Landons father clears his throat.

”I apologize but you are gonna have to exit the room young lady, there are things to be discussed and we’d prefer to not lead you in it.” He said.

Of course. I can take a hint. So I smiled and nodded finding the words to say. In a snap of his fingers, Libby was inside.

”Take care of the guest while we talk please” Landons father tells her.

I stood up as Cooper does the same. He guides me by my waste as he walks me to the door which was about a few minutes walk from the grand dining table. I held on to his hand with a lot of questions in my head.

”I’m sorry about all this. I’ll explain later baby.” He whispered as he smiles at Libby and I just gave him a look and a little smile to assure him it’s okay. My eyes didn’t fail to look at Cindy and Coopers mom who both gave me smirks to mock me.

I turned to Libby instead.

”Lets go get some air” she said as she looks inside with the same confusion in her eyes. We both watch as the maids outside close the door.

I just walked with Libby until we got outside and it was totally dark. The only light was probably the moon and that’s about it. We walk to this dim lit path and discovered a swing somewhere, like it magically appeared there or I wasn’t just paying much attention to the surroundings this morning.

”Why is she here?” I asked and she creased her brows as she crosses her arms on her chest.

”I really don’t have any idea too.  I mean, I get that the meany attitude will occur but to invite Cindy over is just really I don’t know, pretty crazy and outrageous.” She said.

”Do you have any idea what they’re going to talk about?” I asked and she stared right through me in silence before she answered.

”I do but it’s not really my place to tell cause technically I’m still not family and what happens behind closed door between these families are kept between them. I do hear a lot, heard a lot in fact but it’s not really for me to discuss.” She said.

”I hope you understand” she said and I smiled.

”Of course I do silly. I don’t wanna pry. I guess I’m just stunned with everything that went down in just a day, I wouldn’t wanna nose my business too.” I said but deep inside me I wanted to know what brought her here and what’s being discussed inside.

I look up and see the vastness of the mansion. In the room where I believe the dining area was stood Cooper who looked through the window.

I smiled at him though I know he won’t probably see due to the distance.

”I hope everything’s okay in there though, Cooper seemed really annoyed.” I said.

”Oh yes he royally is. I wouldn’t blame if you’d be pissed at her too for just barging in.” she said and then I lightly smiled and took a deep breath.

”You know what I realized in life, it’s that we can’t waste time in being angry at someone who just brings nothing but negativity in our lives. I’m not mad, or pissed, I’m rather confused but I gotta admit that her smirk is just really irritating, like she wants to send a message but I choose not to let that get to me.” I said smiling.

”In short, you choose not to be mad.” She said and I nod.

”I guess so, what would I get in being so just because she came in? if I was to be mad then that would have made her victorious, right? So I just let her be” I said and she smiles.

”You’re just really kind. “ she said.

”Nah, not all the time though, not every person can be as patient and as kind. We all got limits, we can be ticking time bombs for all we know.” I said as we stare at the horizon and I let my mind find ease at it rather than succumb to my confusion.

Whatever it is, I know Cooper will explain. If he says he’ll explain, then he will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 7.4K 23
Sequel to a different kind of Wolf. Jamie, Nik and Stefan are on a road trip trying to find a pack and make some hybrids. Things don't go as expected...
1.4K 133 13
Hey guys, what up? This is just some book I thought you might like. tell me what you think and so on. Hope you like it...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.2K 82 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
970 16 13
(Revised in 2021) Disclaimer: I did write this when I was in high school. Which was 11 yrs ago. So yes this story maybe a little rushed or not make...