The rebel.

Dedicated to Missa1988! Belated happy happy birthday! :}}

Cooper’s POV.

<<>>

As soon as Sadie exits the dining area, I take a halt, a good breath to contain my calmness as I try working things out in my head as to why she is here and how in the world did she even get in, in the first place.

I look at Landon who shared the same sentiment as he faces his father.

”What is a rebel doing here?” he asked in his low voice.

”How did she even get in?” I blurted as my father gives me a warning shot to keep calm and shut up. I was raised to behave and keep my mouth zip at any given circumstances that catches me off guard.

I take a look at my mother who looked at me with a half smile but the other side of her façade shows fear because she knows and probably feels my blood is boiling over rage.

Landon’s father clears his throat as he looks over at Cindy.

”She brought herself in and voluntarily surrendered. As for our laws, she is basically a victim of our kind, who, after being turned can’t possibly turn to any human for the matter and having known your roots, her best shot was your parents” he explained staring straight at me.

I released a chuckle and looked up the ceiling before looking at them.

How could I forget the laws? Well, I don’t know the whole book of it but I was clearly briefed about rebels turning humans.  Mother takes a step forward.

”After you and Landon had told her she doesn’t belong, she had nowhere to go so she came to us to seek help. She was terrified and felt alone in her own ordeal.” She explained.

”As for our laws, when a rebel surrenders, we have to hear her side of the story and take proof that she did not in any way fabricate her claims, we had her investigated, so as the rebel who turned her. She implied she does not want to be a rebel. Her case was forwarded and reviewed by the counsel and she’s granted asylum.” Landon’s father continued.

I sighed.

Recalling the laws, it states that when a rebel surrenders and proves her loyalty to the kingdom, that vamp is guaranteed sanctuary. In her case, it’s not like she sold her own soul to be one of them so there’s no way in contradicting it.

”This is temporary though, she has to undergo a series of tests to prove her innocence until she can finally pledge to be one of us.” Landon said.

”How long?” I asked.

”It depends on the counsel and how she responds to them. Technically she’s still a rebel.” He answered.

”Involuntary.” Cindy butted in looking at me and away.

”The very reason for this dinner is not about her or her case. We had an agreement and obviously you failed to bring the queen back.” Landons father said.

I paced through the window and peered outside sighting Sadie and Libby on the swing. She looks back as if she felt me watching her and smiles. Through my vision I knew she was probably drowning herself in constant questions. But I know how patient she is and now I have to make up another lie.

”We came here as agreed and yes we failed. And with the consequence, I’m ready to face it.” I said making Landon look at me. I give him a nod as he took a moment to figure things out before he nodded in understanding.

”Yes, you are about to take the thrown.” His father says as the door opens and the counsel steps in one by one.

With them heading straight the other way, we all followed.