Meet the parents!.

Sadie’s POV.

<<>>

Meeting the parents? Why so sudden? I ask myself.

Emily noticed how anxious I was and offered to tour me around and I was right all along, this place is as huge as a palace could be. Even more huge than one I think.

Mesmerized I diverted my attention in the beauty of the house, she seemed as if she lived here too as she tells me about each room. Across one, I came to a table where pictures in frames were lined up. I pick one which gripped my heart once again.

A picture of Chelsey and landon.

Emily paused as she stood beside me.

”It hasn’t been the same around here since she left. This house was never a home and will never be one if she’s not around.” Emily said.

”What’s the progress in finding her? “ I asked as I recall the latest update Cooper told me, according to him, they’re all working on it but to no avail. He said someone is helping her and somehow I don’t know if I should feel right about that particular someone.

”They are getting close, but not close enough.” She answered with a broken tone but quickly she put up a smile.

”You wanna see their room?” she asked making me crease my brows.

”Are we allowed in there?” I asked as she chuckles along while she pulls me out.

”technically no, but they’re not here and it’s not as if we’re gonna steal something or whatever.” She said as I find myself tagging along.

We storm through past another wide area until we reached the most end part which is kind of tiring.

”This isn’t a damn house” I uttered rolling my eyes.

”I know right” she said as we approach a wide stair case. I look up and the ceiling was oh so high.

”Don’t tell me we’re going all the way up there” I said pointing at the end of the stair case.

”Oh yes we are but no worries, we’re taking a shortcut” she said and I realized that the second floor was another storey which was another area. I haven’t seen the outside but I know for sure it is a palace indeed.

She leads me through an elevator making me stunned.

”It’s not really the modern one, but this is safe.” She said opening the rails as we step in.

We get up and to my surprise, the last floor was the best. It wasn’t Victorian in design, it was nothing like the old classy times or vintage. It was modern, it was crafty and very much like a gallery with art around.

”I conclude Chelsey did all these” I said as I gawk at the furniture displayed around with the best architectural design of a home I’d never seen before.

”Yes she did. They have their own kitchen here, their own spare room and all that.” Em said.

Slowly Emily opens the wide door and reveals a very wide room. And mind you, it’s just a room but so gallant and so well wiped off of dust. Emily insisted on touring the floor but I wasn’t comfortable feeling as if I’d been breaking into someone’s place so I asked her to just bring me outside and maybe get some air.

She hesitated a bit but agreed eventually.

On the outside, I couldn’t believe how right I was about this house. This is totally a palace like. The backyard was so wide and the air so fresh.