Falling apart.

Sadie's POV.

After the battle between Godiva and us Cooper never said a word to me. He came to check on me just to make sure I was alright and had thanked me for what I've done for them and the children who are now looking up to me. After that he didn't spend more time even after the recognition.

I did give him the space not wanting to put my hands on a boiling pot. I know when to keep my distance and not push it further that it may burst and burn us both. Except it's the 8th day, yes I've been counting and they've been busy clearing up everything and had already started restructures and plans on rebuilding what's been damaged.

They've been busy enough that they spent most of the time outside in the fields and the backyards. I on the other hand kept myself busy learning new crafts Agatha and Angus showed and taught me.

At night I didn't take a rest until Cooper came back from a long hard day. I waited for him to take a shower and for the past days he leaves the room after and this time I won't let him. I waited for him to get done and got dressed. I sat at the edge of the bed until he came out to find me awake. He looked at me and put on his wrist watch getting ready to go out the room.

"When are you gonna talk to me?" I say and he looks at me briefly and puts on his jacket.

"When are you gonna listen?" He fired back and I sighed.

"Coop, if this is about me pushing you I'm sorry." I said and he brushed off his head before facing me.

"It's not about that." He says and it started to irritate me.

"Then what is it?!" I exclaim looking at him.

"It's about you doing as you please not even considering my opinion on things, you don't listen and put your life on the line all the time. So why should I bother sharing my thoughts if you won't listen to a damn word I say." He says.

"I do listen! I do consider your thoughts! I just don't need you to be so overly protective of me every single time. I'm not a baggage you have to carry around." I say wishing he'd see through my perspective.

"So you just want me to let you do as you please whenever you want to and however you want to, then fine if that's the case. How many times do I have to tell you that you are not a fucking baggage! Not to me and certainly not for everyone here. We know you're strong, you can fend for yourself but you seem to not consider my concern or anyone else's for that matter." He says and there it goes.

"I'm not saying that, I just.. I just decide sometimes in the spur of the moment and I tend to forget consulting anyone about my decisions." I say.

"That's the thing. You don't consider, it's always your call. Do you even understand the shit you put me through when you chose to turn yourself in? No because it was all for the greater good but have you even for a second thought of the ones you're leaving behind. You made me feel like you did not even for a second give a damn about leaving me behind." He says all fired up and I stood up to make him stop walking away so I pull him back.

"That's not how it happened!!" I say almost screaming at his face.

"Then tell me, did you even think that I go against your decisions risking your own life because I simply don't wanna lose you. But it seems that's not enough reason for you to understand where I'm coming from right? The night you decided to die for us, did you even think of me?" He says looking at me deeply in the eyes. And I didn't say a word because it's true that I didn't consider him when I made the decision that time and even when he was telling me to get inside and keep safe I didn't consider his reason of wanting to keep me safe.

I closed and opened my mouth finding a way to defend myself but I couldn't find the words to say and contradict him because he's right.

"If we switch positions right now and I was about to embrace death without even thinking of you or without even saying goodbye wouldn't you feel the same?" He says and I did in the back of my mind switch out positions and went back to the day I said yes to Agatha. I don't regret it one bit but I do regret now bypassing him like he wasn't a part of my life.