A Different Kind (✔️)

By anwcamolover

~Completed and Not Edited~ Being a fox shifter is one thing, being a black shifter is a whole other thing. Fo... More

Chapter 1 (E)
Chapter 2 (E)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Pictures
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
New book!
Help Me Choose A Title/Cover!

Chapter 3

23.8K 618 261
By anwcamolover

I grab Daniels large hand and run out the room. We continue to quickly descend the stairs as we glide into the living room. All the men look over at us with a sly smirk plastered on their masculine faces. I roll my eyes, dragging Daniel down the hallway, ending our trek in front of the infirmary door.

"He doesn't know we're mates, try not to point it out to him right off the bat." I state, look up at his tall figure.

"I will try."

I walked up to the door and slowly turned the handle. As I walked in, I saw Jackson turn his head towards me and smile.

"Good morning Jackson," I said.

"Hey, Jenna." He said while trying to sit up, I helped him lean against the wall.

"How are you feeling?" Daniel asked as he closed the door.

"Better... But may I ask... Who are you?"

"Oh right, I'm Daniel, the Alpha of the Sunshade Pack. And J-" He almost said the last part but looked at me. I mouthed the words, 'I'll tell him'.

"So when are we leaving?"

"About that..." I started, positioning myself so I could look him straight in the eyes, "I found my mate this morning."

"That's great sis! Who is the lucky guy?" He asked smiling at me. I looked over to Daniel and nodded.

"Me." He said smiling at me.

Jackson's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Daniel and I chuckled.

"Y-your an Alphas mate?"

"It appears so," I said, smiling at Daniel.

We all talked for an hour and Daniel and I left to let Jackson rest. We were walking down the hall when Daniel stopped, grabbed my hands, and looked into my eyes.

"Do you accept me?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?"

He smiled and said, "Will you be the packs, Luna?"

My eyes widened. He looked at me with a concerned look.

"D-did I ask too soon?" He asked, scared for my answer.

"I'd love to!" I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck. I put my forehead on his. He leaned in and started to kiss me. We broke apart after a minute, we were both trying to catch our breath.

"I'm glad you said yes, we'll introduce you and Jackson to the pack tomorrow. Are you okay with that?" He said.

"Yeah, sounds fun! So what are we doing today?"

"Everyone is training today, would you like to join us?"

"Sure! Hand to hand in human form?" I asked cautiously.

"For this week, next week is wolf to wolf." I sighed in relief when he said that.

"Okay, when do we start training?"

"I'm going to go change... Oh... Should we go shopping for you to get some new clothes?"

"It'll be fine, we can go tomorrow, I'll train in this," I said looking down at my ripped black jeans and garnet V-neck shirt.

"Okay, I'll meet you in the backyard. Your sparing with me today." He said as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his chest. I laughed and pulled away.

"Go change, see you in a little."

He walked away and I walked into the kitchen. I crossed through the kitchen to get to the backyard. As I got outside, I bumped into a girl.

"Oh, sorry, excuse me."

"Ugh! Did you just run into me? Watch where you're going... Bitch..." She pushed me to the ground and laughed at the end. Men started to crowd around us with me and the girl in the middle.

One of the men laughed and pointed at me, "Who's she?"

"I dunno, but this is what she gets when she runs into me." The girl sneered and kicked me in the stomach.

I whimpered but stood up almost immediately. I put on an emotionless face and took deep breaths trying to calm myself. When I get really mad, I am known to go berserk.I closed my eyes and continued to take deep breaths. All the sudden I felt arms go around my waist I opened my eyes and looked up to see Daniel staring down the girl.

"RACHELLE!!! THAT IS NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR FUTURE LUNA!" Daniel yelled.

Everyone gasped. I looked up at Daniel and smiled.

"Time for training, partner up." He said as he took my hand. Daniel got into his fighting stance and so did I. We spared for an hour and we laid down in the grass together. I rested my head on his chest and we talked for a while. He played with my hair as we talked.

"I love you." He said.

"We just met this morning." I chuckled.

"But I feel like I've known you forever." He said as he looked down at me.

"We should go on a date tonight, get to know each other better."

"Sure, tonight at 7?"

"Yeah, it'll be fun," I said looking up at him.

"I know the perfect place!"

"Where?" I asked happily.

"I can't tell you, I want it to be a surprise." He said.

I looked up to him and smiled. I felt his hand slide down to my waist. He started to tickle and I laughed so hard. He chuckled while tickling me. He finally stopped and I could hardly breathe from laughing so hard. He continues to play with my hair while laughing.
He checked his watch and looked down at me.

"I have to go, I need to do some paper work."

"Okay, what should I do while you do that."
"Hmm... You could help make lunch, we usually eat lunch at 1:30, and it's 12:56 now, Maria could use some help."

"Okay, is she one of the cooks?"

"Yes, I think you guys will get along, but you better hurry."

I jumped up and ran into the kitchen.

"I'm looking for Maria," I announced when five men looked over at me.

"She's in the pantry, why?"

"I'm going to help cook."

"You know how to cook?" One of the men asked, smirking.

"Yes, I did at my old pack."

"Old pack? You're a rogue?!?"

"Not by choice, my pack was invaded a while ago..." I said looked down.

"I haven't heard of any packs being raided a while ago..." The man said walking towards me slowly.

"I-I was from the Nightcrawlers Pack." I quickly blurted out as I walked backward.
He stopped. "Nightcrawlers? The Fox shifters clan?!?"

My eyes widened as he said that.

"I-I a... U-um I shouldn't have... Told you that!" I said as I ran into the wall from walking backward. I quickly turned around, ran over to the door, and ran outside. I slammed the door, shifted and ran into the forest in my black fox form.

~*~Daniels POV~*~

I was working on paper work in my office when I heard the door slam. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where I found five men looking at the door wide eyed.

"What happened here?" I asked looking at them.

One of the men looked at me with a concerned expression.

"The new girl... She's a fox shifter..." My eyes widened.

"A fox shifter? It can't be! They were taken out a while ago! Now that I think about it, she does seem... Different, and Bryce said so too. Where did she go?"

"I don't know, she just ran out of the house"

"Thank you for informing me," I said as I ran out of the house.

~*~Jenna's POV~*~

I ran through the forest, the wind flowing through my black fur. I was getting closer to the territory line, I could see four men standing on the territory line. They turned around and growled at me. I stopped and look at them. I walked behind a tree and shifted back. Me being a black fox lets my clothes not rip when I shift. I walked out from behind the tree and up the men. They all stared at me as I stood in front of them.

"I would like to leave," I said looking at the man on the middle right.

"Aren't you the new girl?"

"Yes, I would like to leave for a little bit, to clear my head."

The men just stood there and stared at me. I took this chance to run past them, and over the border.

"Hey! Get back here!" One of the men yelled.

I shifter and ran through the woods along the road. I'm going to visit my friend from high school. I shifted back as I got closer to town. I walked on the sidewalk towards her house. Her name is Natalie. She was my only friend in high school. I was always being bullied but she helped me get through it.

I arrive at her house after half an hour. I knocked on the door and stood there. After a minute her mom came to the door and opened it. When she saw me and covered her mouth and hugged me.

"You're alive! Nat! Get down here!" Her mom yelled.

I looked in the house and saw Natalie running down the stairs.

"Jen!" She yelled and ran up to hug me. "I thought you were dead! Where were you?" She asked looking at me and she pulled away from the hug.

"I was staying with um... My mom's brother, Mike."

"Come on in sweetie, we'll talk about it inside." I walked in and we all sat on the couch, and I made up a story.

~*~Daniels POV~*~

As I ran through the woods, all I could think about was Jenna. I came up on the territory line and went behind a tree and shifted. I grabbed shorts from a nearby tree and changed quickly. I ran up to Bryce.

"Where is she? Where's Jenna?!" I yelled at him.

"I don't know who that is Alpha."

"The new girl... My mate..." My voice seemed pained almost.

Bryce's eyes widened, "Y-your mate?!"

"Yes, did she cross the line?"

"Yes, I don't know where she's going."

"Bryce, you're in charge, I'm going to look for her."

"Alpha, take some guards with you."

"No, they need to stay here in case there is an attack. I will back as soon as possible." I said as ran over the line.

Where are you, Jenna? I ran through the woods trailing along the woods. Her scent was fresh so she could be too far away. I ran until I got into town. I ran down the sidewalk. People kept looking at me weirdly. Crap! I forgot I have no shirt. I slowed down to a walk as her scent got stronger. While walking down the sidewalk, Jenna's smell was masked by the smell of rogues. I growled as the smell got stronger until it was right beside me.

I looked over to see a man about the age of 30 standing right beside me staring at me.

"What's an Alpha doing out here without protection?" The rogue smirked.

"None of your business... Rogue." I scoffed.

"Just watch your back." The rogue said as he walked away.

I immediately went back to finding Jenna when the rogue's scent finally dissipated. Her scent was getting stronger and stronger. She was close. I began to run down the road in a neighborhood. I stopped in front of a house. She was in there. I looked around the house for a window to see if I could see her.

I was circling the house when I finally found a window and looked through. I could see a girl hugging Jenna. Jenna had her head in her hands and was crying. Why was she crying? I looked at her. I saw her look up and at a clock by the TV. She gasped and wiped away her tears.

"I have to go, I'll come by every now and then." I heard her say to the girl.

"I'll miss you, Jenna, call me if you ever need anything." The girl said as they stood up and hugged each other.

"Good bye honey. You are always welcome." The girl's mom said.

Jenna walked out and down the road. I ran up behind her and grabbed her waist.

"AH!" She yelled in surprise and playfully punched my chest, "Don't do that weirdo!" I chuckled and pulled her close to me.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"It's 6:48" I smirked.

"Okay?"

"Let's go on our date early."

"Okay! Where are we going?"

"It still a surprise." I laughed as I tied a bandana over her eyes.

"This is really nessisary?" She questioned.

"Yep!" I said as I picked her up, bridal style. She giggled. "Ready?" I asked.

"Whenever you are!" She said as I started to walk.

"Better hold on!" I said as I started to run into the forest.

It took 15 minutes, but we finally go to our date destination. The sun sets at about 7:30. It was 7:15, perfect timing. I took the bandana of Jenna's face. She opened her eyes and gasped.

"It's beautiful!"

I had some pack member set up a mini picnic on the beach. We would eat dinner and watch the sun set. We could go swimming too if we wanted to.

"Danny! I love it!" She gave me a nickname. She hugged me and I led us over to the blanket. I took out two sandwiches for the both of us, a glass of cider, and a few cupcakes.

We ate watching the sun set. We laughed and talked for a long time. Jenna and I walked down the beach for a little bit before coming back. We sat back down on the blanket. Her head on my chest and us looking at the stars. After about 30 more minutes, I looked down and saw Jenna fast asleep. I looked up at the moon. It was directly above us, so it was around midnight. I carefully picked Jenna up in my arms and stood up.

I walked through the woods with Jenna's head on my shoulder and her arms in her lap. As I walked through the woods, the smell of trash hit me. We were still at least 2 miles out of the pack's territory. I set Jenna down carefully on the ground and shook her. Her eyes slowly opened and she smiled up at me.

"Hey, Danny." She said in a sleepy voice.

"Jenna," I said in a serious voice as she sat up, "I need you to run as fast y-"

"Look who it is? The lone Alpha, but who is this?" He asked looking at Jenna. I growled and put her behind me.

"Oh! Looks like someone found a little mate? Not yet Luna, huh?"

"Tomorrow!" I growled.

"Haha! Am I invited?" He smirked.

"You won't be alive by tomorrow," I said glaring at him.

I can feel Jenna's grip tightening. I looked back at her, she was staring at the man.

'Get people here, now, in the forest south of the beach. The best warriors. I need backup.' I said through the pack link.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"So you do speak? I'm Henry, the rogue leader, and you are?"

"Jenna, what do you want?"

"You." He smirked.

I growled and lunged at him. I shifted mid air and landed on the ground in between Henry and Jenna. Henry shifted and lunged at me.

~*~Jenna's POV~*~

I was shaken awake. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Hey Danny."

Daniel was about in the middle of telling me to run when the smell of trash filled my lungs.

Rogue.

The rogue and Daniel were talking when I finally said, "Who are you?"

He chuckled and said, "I'm Henry, the rogue leader. And you are?"

"Jenna, what do you want?"

"You." He smirked.

Daniel jumped and in mid air shifted right in front of Henry. Henry did the same but landing on Daniels back. Daniel quickly shook him off and stood up tall. He looked at me and back at Henry. They started to circle each other. I stared at Daniel. He looked up at me and smiled... As best as he could in wolf form, and quickly looked back at Henry.

Daniel lunged at Henry and was about to bite him but he quickly moved to the side. Daniel stood back and they circled again. They did this a couple times before the smell of trash got stronger. I looked around as I saw at least 20 men jump down from trees. It was raining rogues!
One of them landed behind me and put something over my mouth/nose. Oh no. My vision went all blurry. The last thing I saw was Daniel looking at me with pain in his eyes. He was tackled and that's all I saw before everything went black.

~*~Jacksons POV~*~

I have gotten better already. Maybe Fox shifts heal faster. I was sitting in the living room talking with some men. All the men stood up and looked up stairs. Bryce ran down the stairs and into the room.

"It's Alpha Daniel, they're in trouble," Bryce said.

"They're?"

"Yeah, Alpha and Jenna." My eyes widened, Jenna?!?

"Where?!" I questioned.
"I'll take you with us. Gather most of our strongest men. Send the rest to protect the women and children." Bryce was barking out orders left and right, "Jackson and I will go ahead, meet us there with everyone, be quick."

Bryce and I ran outside and shifted. He looked at me for a second taking in that I'm a fox shifter and began to run into the woods. We ran for about 10 minutes until I smelled trash. We're getting close. We were met with a little clearing. Two huge wolves were circling each other. I'm guessing one was Daniel. I looked around. Where's Jenna? Bryce ran up to the rogue and bit its shoulder.

Daniel quickly ran up to the rogue and ripped out his throat. We all shifted back and grabbed some clothes from near by trees. When we got back, Daniel was on his knees with his head in his hands.

I walked up to him and asked, "Are you okay?" I knew I needed to find Jenna but I had to ask.
"No, they took her. They took Jenna!" He yelled and punched the ground.
I backed away and dropped to my knees. They took her?!

2,907 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 16K 21
Eina is left in the forest when she is two years old. The only things she knows about herself is her name and.......She's a white fox shifter. 13 Yea...
477 49 19
Ember Fullbuster is your average fifteen-year-old girl. It's the first day of school and a strange boy appears at her front door, saying that she is...
1.6K 21 4
Little known fact about being a werewolf: There are always wolves at your door and some of them are up to no good. Chloe Weiss' dreams have finally c...
82 72 24
•Lore •Pack information •Other shifter groups