Violation Of The Law Of Love;...

By _PaintedPyramids

She's a lawyer, and he's nothing but trouble; but maybe that's a good thing. will he change his ways for her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 21

1.1K 52 21
By _PaintedPyramids

Nicki woke up to an unfamiliar setting and Carlos and Sandi sitting either side of her. They both seemed very relieved to see her.

Sandi: You're awake

She gave her a small smile.

Sandi: how are you feeling

Nicki: A lot better. What happened? I just remember feeling really dizzy before everything went black 

Carlos: You passed out, and lucky I was there to catch you. It's a sign Nic, you need to stop

Nicki: I've come this far Carlos, I can't drop it all now

Sandi: He's right nicki, you don't want anything to happen to the baby

Nicki: I don't, but I want Aubrey to be the first person to hold our son when I give birth to him and that can't happen if I just back off of the case. I need to get him out 

Carlos: No nicki, you can't keep doing this to yourself, I'm sure he'd rather you and the baby be safe if anything

Nicki: And we will be 

Sandi: Nicki please

Nicki: I'll lay off until court day. I'll relax. I'll put the case away, but just let me get him out. I can't be away from him any longer than I have to 

They both sighed knowing there was no way of convincing her otherwise.

Sandi: Okay, but you need to take care of yourself, I'll be checking on you everyday to make sure.

Nicki: I will, don't worry.

1 week before trial...

Nicki was sat on her couch doing some online shopping for baby clothes. In the past week she'd spent a lot more time focusing on herself and the baby and with the help of Courtney had prepared everything for his arrival. She had decided to look for more clothes as that was the one thing she hadn't bought a lot of and felt a little more wouldn't harm her; especially since drake had told her to go overboard with his credit card.

She had just finalised the order and was logging out of her laptop when there was a knock at her door. She was little surprised as she wasn't expecting anyone but she just simply brushed it off. She waddled over to the door and answered it to find all of her favourite women there. She looked at them all, slightly confused as they smiled back at her.

Nicki: What are you all doing here 

Lauren: We thought we'd throw you a mini baby shower seeing as you never gave us the opportunity to plan you a proper one so we just organised this for you instead. Now let us in

They all chuckled and Nicki moved out of the way and allowed them into the house. They made their way to the living room and by the time Nicki followed they had covered her living room tables and parts of the floor with food and presents. She went and took a seat on the chair that was now her thrown for the day...

Courtne: So had you and Drake thought of names for baby yet 

Nicki: Not yet, we'd both decided that we'll chose when I have him. There were a few names we had discussed but we hadn't settled on one yet 

Milan: Did you consider making him a junior?

The other women agreed with her, causing Nicki to chuckle.

Nicki: Yeah, that was the first thing I suggested to him actually once I found out we were having a boy, but he said no. He wants him to grow up with his own name and not have to act a certain way because he's a junior, if you know what I mean?

They all agree with her seeing her perspective of things.

Nicki:  We do have a few names we like though but we don't want to tie it down to 1 just yet. It's definitely going to be name with a meaning

Sandi: And that's beautiful

They all spoke for a little bit longer before Carol suggest they dug into the cake and various other desserts that they all gladly did.

-

Night Before The Trial...

Drake lay awake in his cell just thinking. He was finally coming to terms with the fact that tomorrow will be judgement day and would determine whether he would miss his son's 5th birthday or whether he would be there to witness his birth. He looked up at his ceiling letting himself think of only the positive, not wanting to let the bad thoughts get the better of him...

He woke up the next morning  with a bad feeling; almost as bad as his last trial but this time it was worse. He made his way to start getting ready once the guard had let him out of his cell. He did his getting ready routine and after taking a shower got himself dressed into his suit for the day. It was going to be a long one.

He walked through the corridors with a guard by his side as he was lead to a room. Once inside he smiled finally being able to see her after not having seen her for a little while now. She gave him a smile, but for the sake of their company avoided anything else.

They took their seat as she outlined their case to him again. He listened to her for the first part, but it didn't take long for him get sidetracked by her beauty. She had a beautiful glow and her bump was bigger than ever but she still wore it well. She was a lot curvier and had acquired a natural tan from the summer whether which made Drake want to place kisses all over her. She looked so refreshed and relaxed and just by that he could tell she had finally taken time for herself 

Nicki: You got it?

He snapped out of his daze and nodded before speaking in a deep voice that only she could really hear.

Drake: Yeah baby girl, I got it...

Judge: I agree with the jury and I find the defendant guilty, and therefore he will continue to face 5-10 years. Case dismissed

Nicki felt like all the wind had been knocked out of her and the room she was in was getting smaller. She'd done exactly what she had said she wouldn't and now she'd definitely lost him for at least 5 years. She felt his arms wrap around her and a kiss placed on her temple. He let his hands just rest on her stomach before he placed another kiss on her temple.

Drake: You'll be fine baby girl. Look after yourself and look after the baby, that's all I need. Don't worry about me.

And with that he was pulled away from her and taken back to his cell where he would be sending the next 5-10 years of his life.

5 years and 7 months later...

Drake got into his car and began his drive to where he had been directed was Nicki's new home. He'd last seen her about 2 years ago after they got in a heated argument at one of he visits and he had basically ended it with her and told her to more on. He didn't stop asking about her though, every time Malaki paid him a visit he made sure to ask how she was doing.

He had gotten out about a couple of weeks ago and had decided he need to pay her a visit and act on the feeling that he still had for her.

They drive was about 30 minutes long, but once he got there he fell in love with the house. It reminded his very vaguely of one of the designs he had done for his own dream house whilst he was locked up. He made his way through the gates once he had been let in and parked his car. He walked up the stairs to the door and rang the doorbell. Not long later she appeared at the door looking just as beautiful as he remembered.

For a moment he was lost for words and so was she. Seeing her again made him realise just how strong these feelings he was hiding for her were. His eyes scanned down her body and found themselves stopping at her stomach. The maxi dress she was wearing didn't do a great job of hiding her growing stomach. She was pregnant.

Their moment was interrupted by Malaki running past his mother and hugging his father. Drake chuckled and picked him up before hugging him tightly.

Malaki: You're home daddy 

Drake gave him a kiss on the temple.

Drake: I'm home Ki, and I'm glad I can finally spend all the time in the world with you

He ran his handover Malaki's mane of curls and continued to hold him tightly not wanting to let him go.

Drake: I've missed you so much

Malaki: I miss you too dad. I told mommy that you missed her as well. Every time, I never forgot.

Drake: That's my boy.

The sight had brought a tear to Nicki's eye but she wiped it away before either of them could notice. She so engrossed in watching them as they conversed that she was a little bit surprised when she felt an arm around her wait but relaxed after he placed a kiss on her temple.

Drake finally pulled away from the hug with his son and sat him on his shoulder instead before turning his attention towards nicki and frowning slightly. Malaki just held onto his fathers head and relaxed as Drake held his legs, now also looking at his mother and stepdad.

Nicki: Drake this is Nasir my fiance 

Being that was the first thing she had said to him in two years, it took him by surprise to finally hear her voice again but what surprised him more was the fact she had moved on and was soon to be getting married. He felt like in that moment everything had just come crashing down around him. He felt light headed as he looked at the couple, trying to process what he had been told.

Nicki: You told me to move on right?...

Drake woke up to find himself still laying his cell. He looked around as he worked on regulating his breathing. Everything was calm and untouched like it was before he fell asleep. He didn't even remember falling asleep but here he was still recovering from a dream that felt so real he could still feel the sensation from the fabric of his sons jeans in his hand. He sat up and ran his hand over his fade then over his beard.

Drake: God help us

-

Nicki sat waiting with drake sitting next to her as the judge made his decision. She was nervous. Drake had never seen her this nervous before but he knew she had nothing to worry about, they were gonna be fine. He couldn't help but admire her as she sat their biting her lip and playing with the bracelet she had on.

They all stood and waited as the judge made his final statement after taking on everyone opinion and presented cases.

Judge: I have decided to rule in favour of the defendant and therefore find him not guilty and will have all charges against him dropped. Case dismissed.

The atmosphere of the room lifted and Nicki smiled as the tears threatened to leave her eyes. Drake pulled her into a hug and held her tightly before repeatedly kissing her cheek.

Drake: You did it baby. You did it

Nicki: We did it. 

They pulled away from the hug and she smiled at him as he smiled back.

Nicki: Go and see everyone, they've missed you. I'll see you outside

He let go of her and made his way to everyone else, hugging his mother first. He made his way around the others and Nicki headed out of the courtroom and towards the car. She stood by her white range and just tried to relax as she began to feel a sharp pain on the right side of her tummy. She took deep breaths and turned to put her hands against the car.

She felt something running down her leg and looked down to find a red wet patch on the floor, which caused her to start panicking again but it wasn't long before she found herself letting out a light cry of pain as she slowly tried to make her way to the floor. She looked around to see everyone else was walking in her direction clearly laughing about something...

Drake: where the cars? Nicki said she'll see me there

Noah: We all parked over there

They all turned in the direction of the cars and were shocked at the sight they saw. Drake worked on taking off his jacket as he ran over to her.

Drake: Nicki what happened?

He sounded very panicked and that he was.

Nicki: I don't know, I just started bleeding and it really hurts. Tell me he's gonna be okay Aubrey...

The tears had started and he wished so badly he could stop them and he assure her that everything would be okay, but he couldn't. Even he didn't know what was going to happen...

--------------------------

Oh no, what are they going to do? Is baby okay? Will they be able to save the baby? a happy day, gone wrong hey... well comment and vote guys.

Much Appreciated 

_PaintedPyramids & TheGreatToDoIt X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 54.1K 140
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
361K 12.7K 41
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
54.4K 4.2K 46
ផ្តើមចេញពីអ្នកបម្រើក្នុងភូមិគ្រឹះលោកគហបតីក្លាយខ្លួនជាសំណព្វចិត្តលោកគហបតីសង្ហារត្រឹមមួយពព្រិចភ្នែកតើស្នេហារវាងអ្នកពីរនិងទៅជាយ៉ាងណាបើចង់ដឹងចុចអានទៅ🤭🤍
43.7K 984 22
Isang groupo Ng kalalakihan na tagapag mana Ng ari-arian Ng mga magulang nito at groupo Ng kababaihan na anak Ng mayayamang political at may Isang da...