Memory (Harry Styles)

By bookwormDS

He was almost at the end of the hill about to turn onto the sidewalk when time stood still. The loud screechi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (Bonus Chapter)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 32

659 24 4
By bookwormDS

This is the first chapter of the Halloween chapters of Memory! Enjoy! xo

I would also like to dedicate this chapter to @AnarchyNerd! Thank you for all your advice, assistant and your support with this novel, you are the best & I want to make sure that you know that you're greatly appreciated :)

Happy Reading, Memorians! xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the month went on in pretty much the same way. My day usually consisted of school, work and studying, when I finally got home from my long busy day. The typical life of your average middle-class college student.

With my heavily packed schedule, I barely had any time to myself; just to hang out and relax with friends for a whole day. I hadn't really hung out with anyone in quite a while, since El and Allie had their own jobs to tackle as well, and at the end of the day, we were all too tired to do anything fun. It's not like I minded it, really. I still saw them every day and it's not like all my responsibilities kept me from socializing altogether.

Over the past month, I've spent a lot of time getting to know Zayn a bit better; him being my coworker, and all. I have gotten to know more about his family and childhood, how he got into loving art, and that though he works at Starbucks, he doesn't care too much for heated beverages. I have also come to find out all of the little things about Zayn. Like, how he tends to bit his lip when he's thinking, or how his eyes crinkle when he laughs really hard, or even that he smokes occasionally when no one is looking; a habit I am personally, not a fan of.

However, he isn't the only person I've seemed to be in constant interaction with. Surprisingly, I've been seeing a lot of Harry as well, and not just because he's in my fourth period psychology class. It was like I saw him just as much as I did Zayn. When it wasn't across the room in psyche class, it was across the bar counter at Starbucks. Since I started working here, Harry's visits appeared to have doubled. Before school, after school, and on the weekends, it seemed he was always here, at the same spot, ordering a more elaborate and complicated drink than the last, each time with a different girl. Even now, it still bothers me to watch his womanizing ways occur right in front of me. The only positive thing that comes out of his frequent visits are the whooping tips he leaves. Most of the time, he gives me at least five bucks more than he should; so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

Still, it doesn't seem like his little quest for revenge hasn't worn itself out yet. He's still mad. Probably even more now, since I got the job at Starbucks, with Zayn. I guess that's that then. Eventually we'll both move on and the rest of my college years can go on as planned. It's for the best anyways. I probably never would've been able to deal with being in a relationship anyways. What was I thinking?

Luckily he's not here right now. He'd definitely overhear my conversation with El and Allie at the bar, which mainly consists of him; a topic constantly insinuated by my roommates.

"I just don't understand it. He was head over heels for you a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe he's doing all this just because you may have hurt his pride a bit," Allie says as she takes a sip of her cotton candy-well, sort of cotton candy, since I accidentally added too much raspberry syrup-frap. She doesn't seem to mind though, so that's good. Sadly, I can't say the same about the other customers whose drinks I've messed up.

"Well, you know guys. Their pride is a huge deal to them, especially with Harry," El points out as she shifts in her seat on the wooden barstool.

"Aw that's too bad. I really thought things would work out between you two, Bree. We all could have been the trio power couples," Allie tells me.

"Yeah well, it didn't," I say in a monotone as I wipe down the table from the other side of the counter. "So, how are things going between you and Liam?"

"They're going great! It's almost our one month anniversary! He said he's gonna take me somewhere reeeeaally special!" she squeaks in glee. Well, at least someone is having success in the relationship department.

"Speaking of Liam, he told me about a late kind of Halloween party happening at one of the Frat houses tomorrow," she adds. I don't like where this is going.

"Oh yeah, Louis was telling me about it as well. We are definitely going!" El exclaims.

"You can count me out." For once, I'm actually so happy I have work tomorrow.

"What?! Why?" they both asks in sync. They really are turning into twins.

"I have to work, sorry." I'm really not sorry, but my saying it will probably make them feel better.

"Do you need to be somewhere tomorrow? I can take your shift if you want. I was gonna ask Steve for one tomorrow anyways." Zayn volunteers as he walks in holding a stack of boxes.

"Uh, that's really n-"

"That would be great! Thanks, Zayn!" Allie chimes as she cuts off my attempted refusal.

"No problem, have fun!" he says earnestly as he goes back to attending to the boxes. Why does he have to be such a good and helpful guy all the time?

I let out a grumble before Allie and El spend the rest of their 'visit Bree at work time' talking about the frat party.

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

----

"Why do we have to wear costumes? Halloween was two days ago!" I protest as the two get their outfits ready for the Halloween party that is not supposed to start for another two hours.

"Because it's a costume party and you'll look stupid if you're not wearing one. Plus, no one has Halloween parties on a weekday," Allie counters as she adjusts the cape on her Super Girl costume. Similarly, El is putting on her red boots for her Wonder Woman costume. Once again, the two look identical. I honestly can't tell the difference between the two's costumes.

"I'd look even more stupid wearing this." I hold up the black leather-like material in my hand. I can't wear this!

"Oh come on Bree! That's the least showy superhero costume we could find," El pleads. That's true. At least it's not a dress only going up to my thighs like theirs, but still. I'm gonna look ridiculous!

"Why do we have to dress up as girl superheroes? You didn't say it was a specific costume party." Why do they always insist on doing everything together and everything similarly?

"Because we already decided and bought the costumes. Now put your costume on already, so we can do your makeup! I don't know why you're complaining about it anyways, Cat Woman is a killer costume!" Allie says. I let out another long throaty groan before sulking behind the door of my closet and changing into the fitted leggings, tight zip-up top, rubber eye mask and odd-looking cat ears.

After two very long hours, we are all finally finished getting ready. The twins crowd around me in front of the mirror and gush about how great we look.

"Oh my gosh Bree! You look just like Anne Hathaway in The Dark Knight!" Allie exclaims.

"You mean, The Dark Knight Rises. She was in the second one, not the first." I correct her. However, she's not wrong. I do hold a sharp resemblance to her character in the movie. The straightened chestnut brown hair, the fair pale skin and the blood red lips are almost identical.

"Yeah, whatever. Okay, Let's get this show on the road!" She claps her hands together in excitement and grabs her things before heading for the door. Eleanor follows close behind Allie and trudge out slowly. The only good thing about this costume is that is goes extremely well with my trusty army-colored messenger bag. I sling it over my shoulder before shutting off the lights and locking the door.

---

"Hey guys, you made it. Finally!" Louis throws his hands up in the air and exclaims loudly. I can tell he's already a bit buzzed. He's wearing a lot of face paint. I think he's supposed to be a member of that band, Kiss? He scans over Eleanor in her costume before taking her in his arms and saying loudly, "why, don't you look mighty sexy tonight!" I notice him pinch her butt slightly and she smacks him playfully on the arm. Yep, he definitely has alcohol in his system.

Allie immediately gravitates towards Liam, whom I think is supposed to be dressed up as Tron. Great! It looks like I'm gonna be the fifth wheel for most likely the entire party. Just fan-flipping-tastic! I sit down awkwardly on the couches next to Allie as the couples explicitly praise each other's costumes. I try to tune them out with the blaring music. It seems to be working.

"Hey Bree," I hear someone call to me over the loud music. I turn my head over to the speaker.

"This is my friend, Josh. Josh, this is Bree." Liam introduces me to the boy I remember from the kick-off bash at the beach. He was the guy on the drums when Harry and Liam were performing on stage that day. We both give a slight acknowledgement of each other before I feel Allie nudge me in the arm. I shoot a look at her and an encouraging smile is spread across her face. Are they trying to set me up with this guy?! I mean, he's not bad looking or anything, but I don't wanna get involved with any guys right now; especially after Harry.

"Here, you two should sit closer. Get to know each other better." Liam guides Josh over to take a seat next to me so that I am sandwiched on the couch between him and Allie. This is not going to work, guys.

"Nice costume," he says, after a short period of awkward silence between us.

"Uh, thanks. Yours is pretty cool too." He is dressed in a beige-colored army suit with a shell-helmet on his head. I'm guessing he is supposed to be a soldier.

"Thanks. My brother served in Iraq a while back, so I just borrowed one of his old military uniforms," he explains.

"Wow that's...convenient," I say, not knowing what other words to choose.

"Yeah..." he replies, awkwardly. And again, we just sit there awkwardly as the two couple's converse animatedly. A short while later, Louis brings in more drinks for us all and vodka mixed with soda is in my mouth, filling all the awkward silences.

"Hey guys!" a perky voice calls from behind me and we all turn around to see who it is.

There, standing in a bunny costume, if it can even be called a costume, due to the lack of fabric, is Brittany bitch. Of course she would dress up in a costume that fully shows way too much boobies, booty and whatever else she's got to flaunt. I almost forgot, all the sluts dress up as playboy bunnies on Halloween.

"Hey Brit, uh, nice costume," El says in a generally friendly voice, but I can tell she secretly disapproves.

"Thanks!" The slut walks closer until she is in front of us, giving us a full view of her...stuff. I swear, every guy in the room seems to be casually glancing in her direction right now.

Following behind her is a tall guy dressed up as batman. A very well-suited batman if I do say so myself. His body fits the profile of the costume and character perfectly, and his face seems to contour well with the mask he has on. His eyes however, his very striking shaded eyes, don't appear to be on the bitch he is accompanying but rather, on me. His eyes take me in, and when I say take me in, I mean, really take in my whole bodily appearance, before returning back to my own eyes. I feel uncomfortable and odd under his gaze.

"Nice costume, Haz." I hear Liam compliment behind me. Harry is here? Where? Ugh, Allie said he wasn't coming! I turn around to see who Liam is referring to.

"Thanks, bro." Batman remarks in a familiar throaty voice. What?! Batman is Harry?! I can feel my eyes widen at the revelation of the mystery man. I immediately change my probably shocked look back to a neutral expression when Batman, or Harry's, eyes land back on me. I take a closer look at him.

Now I can make out the familiar features of Harry's body. The angularness of it come into view, the deep set blue-green eyes can be made out behind the mask, and a few pieces of his light brown curls stick out underneath. Wow! Harry is pretty built! I avert my gaze from Batman and my neutral expression goes to anger directed towards Allie.

"Sorry, I honestly didn't know he was coming," Allie whispers so that only I could hear. She shrugs and bites the smile forming on her lips. "But isn't it kinda funny that, though you're not together, you both are dressed up in a kind of couple costume?" she giggles lightly.

I haven't even thought of that. He's Batman and I'm Cat Woman. Oh. My God. The universe hates me. What's even worse is that not only did he bring another girl this time, but he brought the one I hate the most at the school, by far. He brought Brittany.

I guess this is the icing on the cake of his sweet revenge against me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heey guys! How did you like the first part of the Halloween chapter(s)? Thanks for reading, loves <3 xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
70.9K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
158K 17.2K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
142K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...