So Much For My Happy Ending

Por desilisius

(Teen Fiction & Romance) Seventeen year old Michelle has been through hell, and still is. The only thing she... Más

Chapter 1 {{~My Life~}}
Chapter 2 {{~One Hell Off A Day~}}
Chapter 3 {{~Fear~}}
Chapter 4 {{~Friends~}}
Chapter 5 {{~Is It Love?~}}
Chapter 6 {{~hell comes to get me~}}
Chapter 7 {{~Trust~}}
Chapter 8 {{~Betrayal~}}
Chapter 9 {{~Mr Grey Eyes~}}
Chapter 10 {{~I've Been Caught~}}
Chapter 11 {{~Golden Guide~}}
Chapter 12 {{~Awkward~}}
Chapter 13 {{~Back To The Beginning~}}
Chapter 14 {{~Lies Or No Lies~}}
Chapter 15 {{~Bodyguard~}}
Chapter 17 {{~Confidence~}}
Chapter 18 {{~Happy Day :) ~}}
Chapter 19 {{~A 'Mothers' Help~}}
Chapter 20 {{~James~}}
Chapter 21 {{~THE DATE!!~}}
Chapter 22 {{~Oh Shit o.o'!~}}
Chapter 23 {{~Evil Itself~}}
Chapter 24 {{~The Plan~}}
Chapter 25 {{~My Hell~}}
Chapter 26 {{~So Much For My Happy Ending~}} The Final~!
Chapter 27 {{~Unreachable Love~}} Extra~!

Chapter 16 {{~Insecure~}}

2K 30 1
Por desilisius

Don’t forget to vote and comment :)

omg I just love the comments ppl give me! xD yes I read every single comments!! I feel like im addicted to them o.o

**~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~**

(MICHELLE'S POV

We started walking to Ryan’s place in an awkward silence. Actually, I should get used to this now but it still felt awkward, I mean... didn’t he hate me? I was sure he did... until now, when he saved me from Cameron and Josh. But that just left me confused. I couldn’t figure him out at all...  

An involuntary shiver ran down my spine as I pictured Josh, his face totally messed up because of me.

I glanced at Ryan who was walking like he didn’t give a shit about the world. Confidence radiated off of him, and there was always that sureness in his step that put him apart from everyone else.

My eyes drifted to his arms where the outline of his muscles could clearly be seen through his tight black shirt. 

Actually it shouldn’t really surprise me that he did that much damage to Josh. I mean, with a body like his, he looked like a damn good fighter, born and bred.

"I’m sure I still have a shirtless picture of me, somewhere." Ryan suddenly said, while scratching the stubble on his chin, as if in deep thought. 

"W-what?" I stuttered dumbfounded. 

"Well, since you keep staring at my body I thought...." He trailed off flashing me a smug grin.

My face heated up with embarrassment, and I quickly denied what he said.

I shook my head vehemently. "No! You got it wrong... I mean... I was just...umm..." I faltered, and dropped my head in defeat. 

For some reason I couldn’t explain myself properly.

Heck, I’m sure he wouldn’t even believe it... 

"It’s okay; I’m used to it anyways." He reassured me like it was nothing.

I frowned at him when he glanced at me.

He shrugged his shoulders in response. 

I wanted to ask more about it but I just let it go like he did. I mean. I don’t really care if he’s a girl magnate or something...  

I picked Benjy up from next to me; I just wanted to have him in my arms.

He started to lick my face in his way of showing affection, leaving a trail of warm saliva on my cheeks. I grimaced in disgust, but chuckled nonetheless and used my sleeve to wipe it off. Then, I scratched him behind the ears and stroked his soft fur, before fished through my pocket for a dog biscuit. 

Right when he sniffed the cookie he pulled off his infamous puppy eyes, begging me to give it to him. 

I chuckled and gave in, dangling it in front of his muzzle and let him snatch it with his canines.  

Feeling his eyes on my back, I turned to look at Ryan. I was right; he was looking at me with his signature smirk plastered on his face, of course.  

"W-what?" I asked. Is he making fun of me? Yes I am a dog person... and I love Benjy very much!

Actually I should have said that to him... but for some reason I got nervous and couldn’t... 

"You really are a totally different person when you’re with your dog, right?" He said, amusement glinting in his eyes, that same smirk never leaving his face.

I turned my head away from him facing forwards again. "Yes..." I quietly whispered. 

Maybe I’m making a mistake again? I should never show people this side of me; they could use it to their advantage and betray me... like Josh...  

A sharp pain shot through my heart at the thought of him. I trusted him the most; but he ruined it by telling Cameron my deepest, darkest secret. A part of me didn’t want to believe it; it wanted to forgive him, but the other, more rational part of me knew that I could never trust someone like that again.

Did he really think that telling Cameron my secret would make things for me better? Did he think he could make me happy? Was he even trying to help me? Or was it just that stupid bet... 

I hadn’t even noticed I had stopped in my tracks, until I heard Ryan’s voice floating towards me, asking if I was alright.

I blinked a few times trying to get rid of the thought; stuff like this shouldn’t hurt me this much... I’m a strong girl. I should just ignore it.

But deep inside me I knew that another small scar etched into my heart, it wasn’t as big as the one I had for almost my whole life, but it was still there... and it was aching... 

Benjy squealed in my arms like he knew something was wrong with me, I even forgot I was still holding him.

I stroked him, signaling that I was okay, and started walking again but didn’t dare look at Ryan. 

He was waiting for me a few meters away with his hands in his pockets. People who were walking by didn’t dare brush past him, afraid of his intimidating and unapproachable aura. He was patiently leaning against a brick wall, like he was the neighborhood bad boy. 

"Something wrong?" He asked dryly as I was now near enough to hear him.

I shrugged my shoulders like he did to me a while ago.

I didn’t feel like talking with anyone about what happened. I’m sure I will forget it eventually...  

Liar... 

I swallowed; let’s just forget it for now then... 

Ryan pressed the button by the gate of his house, and said into the intercom, "Mom, it’s me, open up."  

I shot him a quizzical look but he brushed it off. That was really rude; he could at least try and make his voice sound sincere.  

After a few seconds, the buzzer went off, and I heard a soft click as the wrought iron gates were unlocked. Ryan pushed the metal bars gently, and then it swung upon in a smooth arc. Then, Ryan strode ahead of me through the garden trail, while I obediently followed behind. Even now I couldn’t help but gawk at the beauty of it; the freshly mowed grass and the exotic array of flowers that cluttered around the sandy path never ceased to amaze me.  

Benjy started sniffling like crazy, which must be because of all the flowers that give off a sweet scent.  

I could see Angela already waiting at the door with a pleasant smile on her face.

Is she that happy to see me again? Or maybe something good happened?

Maybe they found Sam?  

I quickened my pace her and as I came closer I realized she wasn’t looking at me or Ryan. She had her gaze fixed upon Benjy. 

"He’s soooo cutee!" She cooed, her smile splitting from ear to ear.

I could feel Benjy burry his head into my chest. I nodded to her in unanimous agreement.

Ryan didn’t acknowledge her at all, pushing past her and into the house like with his usual devil-may-care attitude.  

I frowned, he could at least say hi to her right?

Angela noticed it and motioned her hand in a just-leave-him-I-don’t-mind gesture.   

"Please come in~!" She said with her smile broadened even further.  

I flashed her a small smile back and made my way in. To think I was here yesterday too, but it felt so long ago already.

Though I still felt a little bit nervous. I just stood there and couldn’t bring myself to do anything without permission.  

I could hear Angela chuckle from behind me and she told me again for the millionth time that I shouldn’t be nervous and feel at home.

I’m sure that’s going to take a while though.  

We walked both to the living room where we found Ryan lazily sprawled out on the couch while eating a sandwich and watching TV.

I so wasn’t surprised to see him like this, I was actually already expecting him to be like that.  

Angela shot Ryan a disapproving look but Ryan just ignored her, like always.

She sighed and told me to take a seat.

With no hesitation I went to sit on the couch opposite of Ryan, I was so in love with this soft and comfortable couch. 

"Do you want something to eat dear?" Angela asked me already standing by the door. 

I hesitated, I was kind of hungry but, I didn’t want to bother her with it...

I shook my head, "I’m fine" I told her.

She shot me a confused look like she didn’t believe it but let it go and went sitting next to me.  

Benjy was lying on my lap but I could feel he was tense for some reason. Well I guess it could be because he’s in an unfamiliar place. 

"Can I pat him?" Angela asked with an awestruck expression on her face, as if she was a little girl again staring into a candy shop. 

"Umm..." I trailed off watching Benjy; he was looking at Angela like he didn’t trust her. 

"He gets kind of defensive if he doesn’t know people who are nearby." I said stroking him.

He was still tense so I took a dog biscuit out of my pocket. Benjy immediately perked up; he was now looking at me with puppy eyes completely forgetting Angela.

I smirked and gave the cookie to Angela, Benjy's head snapped to Angela still begging for the cookie. 

"I think it’s safe now." I said with my smirk still on my face. 

Not even a second later Angela gave the cookie to him and started stroking him.

Benjy didn’t react to it while he was chewing on his cookie, but after a while he relaxed to her touch. 

Then she struck up a conversation, and we started talking about dogs and how fun it is to play with them in the park and I found out with a shock that Angela also watches Dog Whisperer!

We just went on chatting and sometimes I glanced at Ryan, who was still slouching on the couch with his eyes half closed, as if he were asleep.  

Our conversation was interrupted when the phone began to ring, Angela jumped (yes jumped!) off the couch and almost ran to the phone. 

"That must be John!" She yelled while picking up the phone, as if she were a teenager about to go on their first date.

The call lasted for like 15 minutes until she hang up, Angela was smiling brightly while she was walking back to me.

Ryan was now also looking at his mom wondering if she had finally lost it. 

"Good news!" She almost screamed happily.  

"They found Sam!" she shot at me with her eyes shining with relief. 

My eyes widened and I gapped at her, is she kidding me!? They really found him?  

"That’s so great." I finally said after realizing I hadn’t replied yet. 

"Is he alright?"  

She nodded her head, "He’s with John right now, and they just came from the hospital to make sure that he hadn’t caught anything." She said smiling happily. 

So that’s why she was smiling already at the door? She knew they had already found Sam. 

I looked at Ryan who was looking at us both with a bored expression on his face.

Wasn’t he happy about this news? His step-brother is finally found!

Ryan looked at me and I shot him a big smile, he didn’t smile in return but just rolled his eyes.

My smile dropped slightly. Couldn’t he at least fake it? I glanced at him again, to see a ghost of a smile lingering at his lips; but it quickly vanished when he saw me looking. 

"I should prepare his favorite food! Oh dear! I got to go get the groceries!" I watched as Angela paced around in a circle not knowing where to start. 

But... don’t they have maids? Or is it their day off? That kind of sounds weird... 

"Ah!" She stopped with the walking and turned to me again. 

"Do you want to go get the groceries with me? If you don’t want to that’s okay too, I’ll just send Ryan to get them." She said flashing me a smile. 

In the corner of my eyes I could feel Ryan glaring at me. What did I do?

I swallowed, I better not let him hate me again, I mean it just started going well. 

"Sorry, that kind of sounded like I was blackmailing you." Angela apologized.

I shook my head, actually I don’t mind at all going shopping, I always do the shopping but alone... so maybe it would be fun with Angela with me. 

"It's fine, I don’t mind at all." I said, offering a small smile.

~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~

I know this chapter was boring but don’t worry I promise and I know that the next chapter will be badass cool!

xxxdessy! 

Pleaseee vote and comment! ;c

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

538K 7.4K 8
COMPLETE 🙂 Finally finding herself and gaining confidence after having a hard young life, Kimone goes off to find herself in the world only to find...
250K 10K 48
What's the problem? The issue is when a chubby girl meets with a devil heartless guy for the first time in school, he uses her as he wants. Pushes h...
149K 5.2K 20
HIS Book Series #4: Don't have to read books in order!! :) Victoria is a 27 year old curvy girl who is more of a homebody than her best friend and ro...
1.2K 2 21
This story is co-written with my sister, Krowi! Seventeen-year-old Jason Davis, Jr. is in a huge heap of trouble when his parents as well as the pare...