Bound Together | Elena Gilbert

By bygracesofia

in which love doesn't prevail. More

Prologue
I
II
III
Playlist
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
Epilogue
Goodbye Carli

XII

6.4K 187 30
By bygracesofia

Tori is played by Zoe Saldana

AND I RANDOMLY FELT THE URGE TO WRITE THIS SO I DID AND I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT

Tori walks away from the Salvatore Boarding House(more like mansion), with a soft smile on her face as she wiped her teary eyes.

Carli lets out a sigh, "How the hell am I supposed to say yes?" She takes a shot whiskey, "How am I supposed to say no?"

She couldn't see a way out of this problem, because there really wasn't anything she could do. Carli holds a love for Tori that was special to her heart, but she couldn't look past the lies.

Tori knew this as well, but she believed she stood a chance when she heard those words leave Carli's lips: "I'll talk to you later, okay?" The chance wasn't big, but it was there in her eyes. Although the Mikaelson wasn't sure whether it was worth the risk the large.

The vampire choked on the second shot when Bonnie burst through the door, and began demanding answers. "So?"

"I really care about her," Carli says truthfully, "I really do."

"Then, what the hell was that? She sitting in her kitchen right now, freaking out, and Caroline is there trying to calm her down."

"Is she okay?" Carli masked the worry with a scoff., "I know it seems like I'm being an ass, but I'm just in a tuff spot right now."

"Well explain this oh so difficult life you lead," Bonnie rolls her eyes.

"Don't you get it? If Klaus finds out," Carli shakes her head with a sigh. "I have too many enemies, and I can't risk anymore on her."

"She can take care of herself, and she chose you, Carli. I have never heard Elena talk about someone like that, like she cared so much."

"I'm sorry," Carli mumbles into her cup as she plays with it.

"I'm not the one who needs to hear it," Bonnie says and takes the cup away from her.

"I can't," Carli says. "I want her, Bonnie, I want her so bad." Carli lays her head onto her pillow with a soft sigh, "But I know that I can't have her."

"No one is stopping you."

"Everyone is," Carli responds. "Elena doesn't feel anything for me," She says. "Elena misses Stefan, and that's it."

"We're all missing Stefan, don't pretend that it's just her."

"She was in love with him," Carli explains. "There's a difference between friends and love, but it doesn't matter when someone you love walks out when you aren't ready."

"So, that's it?" Bonnie folds her arms, frustrated. "You aren't gonna fight for her?"

"I have a lot on my mind right now, Bonnie, can you just tell Elena I said sorry?" Carli turns to face Bonnie, and the witch is surprised by the red eyes and stained cheeks.

"What's wrong?" Bonnie asks, it wasn't everyday a Mikaelson was caught in the act of sorrow.

"Tori came by," Carli fiddles with her fingers. "She asked me something, and I just don't know what to say to her."

"Do you still love her?"

"No one can truly stop loving someone they once gave their all for, its why I'd still protect my family even when they do me so many wrongs."

Bonnie opens her mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. At least nothing worth hearing, or saying. Instead she walks towards the door, and leaves the house with the crying Carli behind.

***

Elena was shocked, to say the least, when Bonnie came in and demanded for her to go and see Carli. "Why? Is something wrong?" The brunette asks, with worry laced in her voice.

"I'm not sure, but she needs you right now."

"You went to see her?" Caroline asked, "Why?"

"I had my reasons, but right now she needs to see you."

The three friends hurried back to the Salvatore's home, and rushed in. "Carli?!" Elena yells through out the house. "Where are you?!"

"Right here," Carli turns a corner to meet the three. They took in her physical feature, and it wasn't what they were used to. Her hair tied up in a pony tail, a sports bra, and sweats. Her eyes were bloodshot, and there was a healing hickey on her neck.

That's when Elena realized someone was here, and that they had interrupted something, because there was no way that had been from her. "Is everything okay?" Carli looks towards the Gilbert, worry behind her eyes, but she covered it with a blank face.

"I just wanted to," Elena starts. "Uh, see you, I wanted to see you."

"What's up?"

"Can you guys give us a second?" Bonnie and Caroline return to the car, shutting the door behind them. "So," Elena tries.

"I know, Elena, look," Carli begins. "Its okay that you miss Stefan, but I'd appreciate if you didn't use me as you rebound."

"That's not what that was, Carli, I-"

"I wasn't finished," she quickly shot Elena down and it was killing them both. "I came here upon request of my brother, and I'm willing to help keep you all safe until Klaus is no longer a threat and when Stefan comes back.

"But I won't be your toy till he does," Carli shakes her head. "I like you, Elena, I really do, but-"

"You do?" Elena felt her heart swell at the news, "That's great, Carli. I-"

"I'm not available, Elena."

"W-what are you talking about?"

A young dark skinned women, whom Elena was not familiar with. She came down in fancy lingerie, and a see through robe over her body. "The bed's getting cold," She mumbles in Carli ear.

Elena turns away, an uncomfortable silence fills the air as the two kiss. The eldest Gilbert ignores the painful feeling in her chest, as she hears the soft sound of their lips.

"Elena," Carli calls. "This Tori, my fiancé."

"Ah," Tori steps forward and sticks her hand out. "So, you're the famous Elena Gilbert?"

"That's me," Elena stammers and shakes her hand. "You're getting married?" She looks towards Carli, with a certain level of pain and hurt.

"Isn't it great?" Tori grins, "Don't worry you'll be invited to the wedding."

"Tori," Carli shakes her head. "Go upstairs, I'll be there in a minute."

"I'll be waiting," She purrs suggestively.

The two wait quietly, until they know she is out of ear shot. "You're getting married?!"

"Yes, I am."

"Since when?!"

"About an hour ago," Carli answers. "Look, Elena-"

"But I thought-" Elena lets her head fall into her hands as her eyes water, and she lets out a shaky breath,

"I still care about you, and that won't change, but I can't wait for happiness any longer. Tori makes me happy, but don't get me wrong you do too."

"Then, what does this mean?"

"It means we're friends," Carli answers. "It means you go to my wedding, and we stay friends."

"What about," Elena mumbles.

"It never happened," Carli finally says a minute later. She walks towards Elena, and wraps her arms around her, bringing her into an embrace. "I'm sorry," she whispers as Elena wraps her arms around her waist and squeezes tightly. "You have no idea how much I want you, but I know that it isn't what you really want."

"But I do," Elena hides into her shoulder.

"There's history, like there is for you and Stefan or for you and Damon."

"But I think I'm falling in love with you," Elena mumbles so softly. Carli's eyes open, and she freezes.

"Carli," Tori returns and glares at Elena, who had pulled away. "Are you coming?"

Carli looks between the two, and realize what she's really asking. "I'm sorry," she says as the guilt builds in her chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 1.8K 27
"In the end we are left infinitely and utterly alone."
11K 245 45
🐺🐺🐺
205 1 8
Tyatherine fanfics I've done.
22.3K 890 15
𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧...