Love's Reality 【H2OVanoss】

By Danirious

The year is 2023 and technology has taken its advance. The VirtualEye has been out for a month, created by Ga... More

Description On Characters
Ch. 1 - Chasing Dreams
Ch. 2 - Installment
Ch. 3 - A Nobody?
Ch. 4 - Link, Start!
Ch. 5 - The "Lockdown"
Ch. 6 - A Mask
Ch. 7 - Three Days
Ch. 8 - Guild
Ch. 9 - Delusional
Ch. 10 - Not Child's Play
Ch. 12 - A New Perspective
Ch. 13 - A Year
Ch. 14 - Mr. Mask
Ch. 15 - "Unknown Player"
Ch. 16 - Consideration
Ch. 17 - Ohm
Ch. 18 - Protect
Sorryyyyy
Ch. 19 - Meet Me

Ch. 11 - Reality Check

1.2K 90 31
By Danirious

Vanoss

"You're delusional!"

-

"Evan, you do realize that someday, you can't rely on video games or virtual reality to help you succeed in life, right?"

"I know. Don't worry, I'll have everything figured out in my life, promise."

"If you say so, little bro,"

-

"Evan.. You can't play those goddamn video games all day! Your grades are getting worse by the minute!"

-

"You're a disappointment to this family. Look at your brother and myself, we are succeeding in our own way. And what the hell are you going to do, Evan?"

--

I shot up from my bed. Who knew you could still have dreams in the virtual world.. I was shaking and in a sweat. I got up and changed. I headed downstairs where the guys were. They were all gathered around the table, smiling and eating together. Lui glared at me as soon as he saw me. None of the guys thought anything of it. He probably didn't tell them about last night.

"Morning, Evan, you slept in a little," Moo said.

"Yeah, sorry," I replied and took a seat with some food.

I stared at my food a bit.
Did I really say all those things yesterday? What was wrong with me?

"Lui," I began, he looked up in response, "I'm sorry about last night, I dunno what came over me."

Lui sighed and gave a very small smile. The guys both looked at us in confusion.

"It's alright, Evan. It's been a heck of a month." He said.

Mini chugged down his milk and cleared his throat after.

"Okay, what the fuck happened with out us?"

"Oh, it's nothing important." Lui giggled and got up, taking everyone's plates and putting them away.

I gave Lui a warm smile. His forgiveness was a huge relief and less tension. I adjusted my clothing and inhaled deeply, thus exhaling slowly.

"What's on the agenda for today?" I asked.

"Not sure, we could go training some more. We do need the skill. Although I bet we are all worn from that," Lui suggested, "or we can go browsing at the markets?"

"I vote markets!" Mini raises his hand.

"Ditto!" Moo mimics Mini.

I shake my head, "I guess we are going to the markets,"

"Do you not want to go?" Lui raises an eyebrow.

"Huh? O-Oh no, it's fine, I was just.." I bit my lip, "nothing.. Let's just go,"

I get up and head outside. I wait at the from of the hotel for the guys. I notice something on the broadcasting hologram. Another guild is attempting the floor. I snicker and roll my eyes. Another failure, I presume, I think to myself. Though, there was no further information on whether they made it or not. Must be a longer thing like the other one.

"You ready, Vanoss?"

I turn and see Lui and the rest come out of the hotel.

"Yeah. Let's get going," I said as we began to walk to the markets.

--

"Two thousand coins!?" Mini groans and continues to negotiate with the owner on the price of a magic staff.

"Mini, you have more than enough to buy the effing thing, why is this a problem?" Lui crosses his arms.

"SHH!" Mini hushes Lui and continues.

"Sir, surely there's an equal ground we can come to on this; a better offer?" Mini leans on the counter.

I roll my eyes and continue to let out a laugh.

"Well, what'd you suggest, sonny?" The man says.

"Um, er.." Mini purses his lips, "five-fifty?"

"No."

"Oh COME ON!"

The guys and I laugh.
"Can it, you guys!" Mini scolds.

"Hey, Lui, how much do you bet he'll have to pay original price?" I whisper to Lui.

"Eh, I'd say.. Forty coins," Lui smirks.

"Wanna place the bet?"

"Sure,"

We shook hands and not moments after, a very pleased and happy Mini, grins his way over to us, holding the magic staff like a bell bar. He was very giddy.

"Guess who go this puppy for one thousand coins! Me!" Mini bragged.

Lui's has opened and he rolled his eyes.
"Cough it up, brother," I laugh.

He groans and hands me forty coins in a bag.

"Alright, now that I've got this baby, I can learn much more magical enchantments, healing, and attacks!" Mini hugs it closely.

"Well, how about we go test it out?" Moo comments.

"Eh, might as well," I say and shrug. Lui nods as we make our way to the field.

---

The sun had just set and we watched Mini wave the staff around, slicing the dummy, as if he was a professional. I laughed at his goofy stances.

"Hey!"

I knit my eyebrows and turn around to hear an unfamiliar voice call for us.

"Help! Help!" The voice yells. I turn to Moo and Lui.

"Should we go help him?" I ask.

"Yeah. Or else I'll feel bad.." Lui jokes.

"Mini, come help us," Moo says as we all run down the hill. We see the figure that was calling running away from a huge monster, nothing I've ever seen. It was all white and had dark black eyes. It was shaped like a horse, only with human features and qualities.

We rush in as I spawn out my weapon, charging and attacking.
It's health was to a hundred. About as much as ours would be, maybe less.
With a few hard attacks and Mini's Magic, the monster was down within ten minutes.

I sigh and turn around to greet the stranger who was hurt badly.
"You alright?" I ask and put a hand out to help up from the ground. He takes it and holds on to my shoulder to comfort his injured leg.

"Y-yeah.. Just.. That monster was unexpected and snuck up onto me, if that's even possible, and I tripped and hurt my leg. Thanks for the help." He says.

"No problem, let's get you back to the hotel," I reply, "Moo, help him walk,"

I hand him over to Moo as we start for the town.

--

We all sit on the couch, the newfound visitor with his leg propped up and Lui making tea and a cheese platter. Once that is prepared he hands some to him.

"Thank you very much, it's very kind of you to do this for me." He says

"What's your name, newbie?" Mini asks.

"It's Terroriser. I'm not much of a fighter in all honesty. I am good at dogging and shielding. That's my specialty." He answers and sips his tea. His accent was a nice light and warm Irish accent. He had a scruff and a bit of muscle. Surprising he wasn't much of a fighter. I analyze his info.

Name: Terroriser
Weapon: Shield
Special power: Unknown
Skills: cooking, shielding, agile

"It's nice to meet you Terroriser, my name's Vanoss, that's Lui, Moo, and Mini," I point to everyone and introduce them.

"Nice to meet you all, thanks for taking me in. I'll be out of your guys' way by morning.. Uh, hopefully," he smiles.

My smile fades as I get a thought. I signal the guys and tell Terroriser it'll be a moment. We go in the kitchen and I clear my throat.

"It's been kinda.. Boring with just the four of us, wouldn't you agree?" I explain.

They all nod a bit.

"What if we recruit him in our little guild? I think he'd be a good asset to us,"

"Are you kidding? He's hardly got any skill!" Mini sneers.

"Well, with a little training we could help him. Try looking on the positive side, he's really nice. C'mon, what do you guys say?"

They all pause for a moment and think it through. The first to break the silence is Moo, surprisingly.

"I say we have him join."

"Me too," Lui jumps in.

Mini crosses his arms and rolls his eyes.

"Alright.. Fine!"

"Then it's settled,"

---

Sorry these chapters have been kinda lazy. I've been still really sick and I can't think of a lot for this story. Heh. I'm kinda Having writer's block for this story, so bare with me. I may have to pause it for now and work on What Is This Feeling?/update that more. :3

~Danirious

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

727 43 36
Jayden was never meant to be a prince, but when he gets adopted by the king and queen, he has to prepare himself for the challenges ahead. Luckily, h...
102K 3.6K 21
Evan did something horrible. He left Jonathan heartbroken. Jonathan then doesn't speak to him making Evan feel guilty and horrible. Will Jonathan for...
5.5K 708 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
2.1K 37 25
Vanoss a wanted male criminal. Vanoss has two jobs at night first one was killing and robbing the second one is a gay strip club worker. He is a serv...