Reverse Karma (Camren)

By royalityxyz

Summary: Camila is a rich high school student. She has everything you would expect... a mansion, limo, privat... More

CHAPTER 1 ★ Burger King
CHAPTER 3 ★ These Feelings
CHAPTER 4 ★ Confrontation
CHAPTER 5 ★ Bad Reputation
CHAPTER 6 ★ Her or Them?
CHAPTER 7 ★ Truth Hurts
CHAPTER 8 ★ Work For It
CHAPTER 9 ★ What's Good?
CHAPTER 10 ★ No Lie
CHAPTER 11 ★ Hit Me Up
CHAPTER 12 ★ Last Minute Duet
CHAPTER 13 ★ Who's Shawn Mendes?
CHAPTER 14 ★ Limitless
★ NEW FANFIC ALERT ★
CHAPTER 15 ★ Double Trouble
★ ONE-SHOT SERIES ★
CHAPTER 16 ★ Jealousy Sucks
CHAPTER 17 ★ Stranger Danger
CHAPTER 18 ★ Change of Plans

CHAPTER 2 ★ Green Eyed Beauty

7.8K 318 415
By royalityxyz

A/N: Thank you for commenting and voting! :) The pic above is what Camila's mansion looks like. It's not too big, but still very exclusive looking inside and out. Anything in italics are Camila's thoughts btw. Let's begin shall we?

== ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ ==

The next morning Camila woke up to the sound of her alarm clock.

"Mija!!! It's time to wake up!!!" Her mother shouted from downstairs.

"Five more minutes..." Camila stopped the annoying sound and covered her face with a pillow.

"Nuh uh Walz, not this again. It's the first day of school! Get up!"

Camila knew that voice from anywhere. "How the heck are you already here DJ? You're never this eager to go to school... lemme get a few more minushh..." the brunette was falling back asleep.

"Nope not a chance!" Dinah quickly grabbed a hold of Camila's feet and dragged her off of the bed.

"What the fu-" The Latina didn't even finish her sentence before landing face first on the carpeted floor. "O-ouch..."

"Get up. Now." Dinah said sternly.

"Okay, okay!" Camila slowly got herself up from the floor, rubbing her forehead and fixing her wrinkled clothing. "You didn't have to do that."

"Bishh, please. I can read you from top to bottom. You would still be in that lala land of yours if I didn't do anything. I know you."

"Oh.. do you really?"

"Um yeaahh, remember that time you threw up on your cru-"

"Stoopp!! Okay, I get it! Just don't bring that up ever again." Camila waved her hands rapidly in front of Dinah so she won't continue.

Sometimes having a best friend since the dawn of time can be a pain in the ass. You literally can't hide anything from them anymore. But you can't live without them in your lives either.

"Exactly." Dinah flipped her hair back in victory.

"I'll get ready. You can wait outside." Camila grabbed her towel and dashed towards the bathroom.

After doing her necessary things, both Camila and Dinah got into the limo.

They were headed to the first day of their senior year.

"Finally! Our last year in this hell house!" Dinah got out of the vehicle, stretching her arms.

"Miami Private High wasn't that bad! You just don't know how to put your shit together. In this case, you don't know how to put 1+1 together." Camila teased.

"Gurrl, yes I can! The teachers here just don't know how to do their jobs correctly!"

"I'm not even gonna start with that."

"Right cuz its true. And to answer your equation or whatever that is.. 1+1 equals 2!" Dinah sang the last part while starting to walk ahead. "Good thing I listen to Beyonce!"

"Whatever!" Camila shouted back. How did I manage to deal with her for this long? Camila thought smiling as she tried catching up to Dinah.

Once the first bell rang, everything went back to normal. Unfortunately, Dinah didn't have any morning classes with Camila so they parted ways until lunch came rolling in.

The Latina had English first so she went to look for the room.

"E-excuse me?"

Camila turned around to see a short, but lovely girl. "Hey, what's up?"

"Can you show me where this room is?" The girl gave Camila her schedule.

Once she looked at the paper closely, Camila became shocked. "Whoaa, you're in the same morning classes as me!"

"R-really thats amazing then!!"

Quickly both of them went to their designated room.

The teacher was nice enough to let the students get to know each other on the first day. Camila became really comfortable with her new friend.

The Latina found out her name was Ally Brooke Hernandez and that she moved to Miami just this year because of her parents jobs.

"Wow, thats a lot to take in. Do you travel a lot?" Camila asked.

"Yeah we do travel on certain occasions, but I think we'll stay here for a long time." Ally sighed. "Anyways, enough about me. I want to get to know you better."

Camila told Ally about her family and how her little sister, Sofia, is everything to her. Also, about Dinah being her childhood friend. The brunette knew that she will never hear the end of it if she didn't introduce the Polynesian girl to new people.

"And that's about it for the important stuff." Camila ended.

"Wow, I can't wait to meet this Dinah friend of yours. She seems really fascinating when you described her." Ally smiled.

"Oh she is, but sometimes a pain in the ass too. So watch out." They both laughed at Camila's statement.

"Don't worry, I sure will."

The whole period was spent with Ally and Camila talking about their hobbies and what not.

[<<<$$$>>>]

After English, they both went straight to their next class, AP Photography.

That class period went by super quick. The next thing they knew, the bell rang signaling for lunch time to begin.

What most of the students love is that they are allowed to go out of the school to get their food or just hang out. Their lunch period of an hour, thirty minutes was quite longer than most schools. Camila was still stunned at the fact that it actually worked. She thought that students would get wild with that much free time in their hands, but with it being a private school it came with some advantages.

"Okay, so this is where the cafeteria is. But not a lot of students stay here so it's mostly empty." Camila explained to Ally.

"Wow, this school is very elegant. I'm very impressed so far..." Ally's eyes wondered around the room until she spotted a tall blond haired girl. She was accompanied by another person with skin like dark chocolate.

"Chanchoo, I missed you!!!" Dinah came running towards Camila with her arms wide open ready for a hug.

"Arghh, Cheechee I can't.. breathe.." Camila was squished tightly into Dinah's arms now.

"Sorry! Oh, I made a new friend! I want you to meet Normani or just Mani for short!"

"Hi Mani and I also made a new friend. Her name is Ally and she's short!"

Everyone laughed at that including Ally herself.

"Hey Ally, mind if I call you Smalls?" Dinah greeted.

"If I get to call you Biggie in return." Ally spoke.

"Deal."

After the introductions were taken care of and everyone was comfortable with each other, they made small talk.

Dinah told Ally and Camila about Normani being a pro at dancing, how she was a huge Beyonce fan like her, and how they're gonna sneak into her next concert. Camila did the same with Ally.

"Okay now I'm hungry, where do you guys wanna eat?" Dinah asked changing the subject.

Camila was thinking until Lauren popped into her head. Burger King... Yes Burger King!! "How about Burger King? It's close from here." She stated trying not to show any excitement. Say yes cmon I wanna see Lauren again!

"Perfect! Lets go then!" Normani agreed.

Lauren's gonna be so surprised. Wait hold on why am I this excited?

All the girls walked to the front corridor and headed for Normani's car.

Camila kept smiling to herself as they went out.

When they arrived at their destination, Normani parked her car.

"Do you guys wanna order at the drive-thru or just go inside and chill in there?" Normani asked.

This is my chance... Camila said in her mind.

"Maybe we can just go in the dri-" before Dinah could finish Camila interrupted her.

"NOoo!! I-I mean... Uh I actually wanna chill inside and order from there... so can we?" The Latina replied hurriedly.

"That's what I wanted too." Ally added.

"O-okay.. I guess." Dinah answered exchanging questioning looks with Normani next to her.

As they got out from the car Camila tried to think of an excuse to stay outside for a little longer.

Then an idea came to her.

As the other three girls were about to open the door, Camila took out her phone.

"Oh shoot! I think I got an imporant text from my mom. I better call her!" The other girls looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Um, you guys can go ahead.. I'll meet you inside."

They nodded and went in, Camila looked from the window and saw that all of them were distracted.

Slowly she sped-walked to the alley next to Burger King and took a peek. "L-Lauren? Are you here?"

Camila waited for a response, but only received silence in return. She walked further into the alley to where she last saw Lauren from yesterday. Once she got a full view, no one was there.

"Lauren? Can you hear me?" Camila tried again looking around at her surroundings now. With every minute that passed and the green eyed beauty was still nowhere in sight, Camila grew more concerned.

Wait... why am I worrying about a person I barely know.. let alone someone homeless... she thought.

The brunette was losing hope and was just going to leave when Lauren decided to pop up out of nowhere.

"Camila? What are you doing here?"

The said girl jumped in fright turning around instantly. Her eyes widened when she saw who it was. "L-Lauren!! I thought you went someplace else... I was j-just about to leave so... um y-yeah.." Camila cursed in her head once again for stuttering nonstop. Why do I get all flustered like this when Lauren is here? I don't even know her... damn.

Lauren smiled genuinely. "Were you looking for me?"

"Uh, yeah sort of..." Camila said quietly looking away.

"That's nice. Not a lot of people would want to visit me like this. Let alone someone as rich as you."

"Wait, how do you know I'm rich?" Camila wondered. "I never told you any of that stuff.. yet."

"Well, I'm pretty observant you know." Lauren walked closer to Camila, circling around her slowly. "With the Chanel purse you're carrying, the leather jacket, those expensive looking jewelries on your arms and neck, and those Air Jordans on... I'm pretty sure if it were me, I sure as hell wouldn't be able to afford all that even if I tried." Lauren joked facing Camila now.

"I never knew it was that obvious. I usually wear this type of attire on a daily basis." It hit Camila in the heart more than it should. With what she has on, it couldn't compare to what Lauren was wearing. "I feel bad now..."

Lauren had on some worn down clothes. Her faded blue shirt was ripped. The baggy black pants had huge tears on the lower and upper parts of it.

"It's no biggy. Even if my clothes are wrecked and dirty, they can still be of use to me. Better than nothing to wear at all in this case." Lauren spoke while heading to a box on her left. "Oh, and I found this jacket in another alley close from here! Thats why I was gone."

Camila looked at the jacket in Lauren's hands now. It had stains and was also faded, but the happy expression on Lauren's face made it seem like it was just brand new.

Her pretty green emerald eyes lit up while she smiled beautifully... Camila couldn't help but stare at this wonderful human being in front of her. She's so gorgeous.. And that smile..

"Camila?"

"H-huh? What happened?" The brunette snapped out of her daze.

Lauren laughed. Oh God that laugh too... It could literally be the death of me. It's so cute. But her raspy deep voice is just... wooww.

"You're still staring and your mouth is open. Are you okay?"

"Ah yep I'm fine, totally fine." Camila awkwardly laughed checking the time on her phone. "Oh shit!" She completely forgot about the other three inside.

Without another word she rushed out of the alley leaving a confused Lauren behind.

[<<<$$$>>>]

Camila quickly opened the door and looked around the inside of the fast food restaurant.

When she spotted her friends laughing at the farthest table, she quickly jogged over.

"I am so sorry for the hold up!" Camila breathed out.

Suddenly they laughed again.

"Dinah was right!" Normani stated.

"Biggie you know Camila really well!" Ally continued.

"What?" Camila looked at her best friend now.

"Aww thanks. It was too easy. What can I say?" Dinah looked at the small Latina. "Waltz, you are so predictable sometimes."

Camila continued staring at the Polynesian girl still confused.

"Basically, Dinah said once you were done with that phone call, you would get distracted. Possibly talking to some homeless person outside or something. Then you would come back running to us out of breath." Normani explained.

Camila's facial expression suddenly changed to an uncomfortable one after she heard that.

Ally saw the change of composure in the brunette. "Hold on, don't tell me... did she predict it right!?"

"N-no! What? Homeless person? Nope. Never." Camila quickly said laughing awkwardly again. She felt guilty for lying again, but Camila didn't want her new friends finding out about Lauren yet.

"Hold on, didn't you text me abo-." Dinah started.

"HAHA NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT... I'M QUITE HUNGRY RIGHT NOW. LET'S GET OUR ORDERS..." Camila quickly cut in.

This was the second time that the Latina shut Dinah down. The Polynesian girl just looked at Camila weirdly.

When Ally and Normani went in line, Camila grabbed Dinah's arm before she could go with them.

"Um, DJ sorry about that. But the homeless thing... can we keep it just between us for now?" Camila pleaded in a whispered tone.

"Why? I mean Normani and Ally don't seem like the type of people to judge..."

"I don't want to start the year with rumors you know? About 'the rich girl being friends with a homeless girl' thing.."

Dinah was trying to read her best friend's facial expression. But she cares too much about Camila to argue, so she just nodded.

The blond haired beauty knew that when the brunette does or says something there's always a reason. She just has to wait to find out the truth behind it.

All of them gave their orders and got their food. They went to sit back down and ate starting a new conversation.

There was still a few minutes to spare once they were done, so they headed back to the parking lot and on towards their school again.

[<<<$$$>>>]

The rest of the day was uneventful. Camila was in Math class and the only thing she cared about at that point was how many minutes it would take for her to get the fuck out. She just wanted the school day to end already so she can go back to Lauren.

Dinah, was in the same class as the Latina along with every other afternoon classes. Of course, she was doodling on the paper the teacher gave out about the rules and stuff.

The bell rang through the whole school, Camila instantly ran towards the locker room. Dinah rushed to catch up.

"Mila, hold on! I'm coming with you!"

"What? Why?"

"Ouch, that hurt my heart. You said I can meet... you know who." She emphasized.

"Oh, right. Okay then. Come on! We're walking there!"

Once they finished getting dressed after enduring their last period P.E class, the two girls reached Burger King at about 4:10pm.

"She better be here! I'm about to collapse!" Dinah complained.

"She will! C'mon DJ!" Camila motioned for her to follow into the alley. "Lauren, I'm here!"

Suddenly someone stood up, previously hidden from sight due to a garbage can.

"Camila?"

"Lauren!" The brunette called out. "I want you to meet my best friend."

Lauren slowly walked towards the two. She seemed so timid while walking to them. Once green eyes was close enough, she looked at Dinah. "H-hi..."

"Dinah this is Lauren. Lauren, Dinah." Camila introduced them to one another.

"Hey, nice to meet cha! A friend of Camila's is always a friend of mine." Dinah politely said extending her arm to Lauren.

Lauren hestitantly looked at the out-stretched hand. Then she looked at her own.

"Um, my hand is a bit dirt-" before Lauren could finish, Dinah made the first move to shake hands.

Lauren was shocked at first but continued the greeting properly.

"Don't worry. I don't judge. So don't be shy."

"Th-thanks..." Lauren awkwardly grinned now.

"Okay, so you guys met. Now we are all friends!" Camila exclaimed happily.

"Yeah, we should hang sometime." Dinah pointed out.

"Oh no, it's okay. I'm good here..." Lauren quickly spoke.

"C'mon it's fine. We want to help you!" The Polynesian beauty urged.

"Dinah's right. Want us to buy you some new clothes? It's our treat, so don't worry about paying us back." Camila added.

"I'm very thankful and all, but all I need is a couple of dollars for food to last me the whole week." Lauren insisted.

"Thats no problem then," Dinah took out her wallet. "Is $100 good?

"$100!!? W-what I can't-"

"Make that $200." Camila added.

"That's way too much! I can't just take that amount of money from you guys!!" Lauren argued.

"We insist." Dinah and Camila said in unison extending the money to her.

Lauren looked at the money. She really needed it, so with a sigh she grabbed the money from their hands. "Thank you for this..."

The other two girls smiled satisfied.

"Wow I feel accomplished now." Dinah laughed happily.

"Same DJ." Camila high fived her best friend.

When they looked at Lauren again their smiles disappeared. There were tears streaming down her pale face now. Her eyes of green had now become a shade of grey. It was a sad sight too see.

"Noo don't cry! You're gonna make me cry too!" Dinah went closer to Lauren.

Camila did the same, but something about that moment made her heart tingle. What is this feeling? I don't understand...

"I'm s-sorry. Got too emotional. No one has ever d-done this w-when..." Lauren struggled with her words.

Without any hesitation Camila grabbed Lauren's cheeks with her hands. Slowly, she used the pad of her thumbs to wipe the tears away.

Camila then made direct eye contact with those beautiful green eyes.

"Hey listen Lauren... I know we still need to work on getting to know each other better... Heck, I bet you just thought of me as a typical rich girl that only cared about money. But I knew you were struggling. Even with our bad first impressions, I had this feeling that I'd be someone who could change your life. That's why I went out of my way to buy you those two bags remember? 'Something in us knew and something in us will always know.' You. Are. NOT. Alone. You are someone in this world and I'm here to stay and help." Did I just say that? No waayyy...

There was silence for a moment until Dinah decided to break it.

"Chancho, is that you?! Dude, I can't believe you made me cry like this! Whoever possessed my bestie, you got my mascara running!" Dinah shakily breathed out.

Lauren and Camila were still in the same position, but looked at Dinah. They both started laughing lightly.

"Wow, that was beautiful. Just like the person saying it." Lauren smiled.

Camila blushed at that. "I-I just said what came to mind." Wait... this can be...

"Well then, both you and your mind are very beautiful."

"Stooopppp, you guuuyys..." Dinah pouted rubbing her already ruined makeup.

Camila and Lauren ran to Dinah and hugged her.

I think it is, but am I sure?...

After a few moments they released the hug.

"I think we need to go..." Camila said looking at Dinah sadly.

There's no doubt about it now...

"Okay, it was nice meeting you two.." Lauren's smile reached her eyes again.

They agreed and with that waved goodbye heading back out the alley.

Before the best friends completely left, Camila stopped and turned around again to look at the green eyed girl. I definitely like Lauren.

As Lauren watched them go, she saw Camila look back at her.

Waving, Lauren gently whispered to herself, "She's definitely the one..."

== ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ ==

A/N: Boom there it is! Chapter 2 done! How was it? It gave me a good type of chill.

I won't usually have updates close to each other in the week, but I want all of you to have a taste on what the story will be like so tadaa! I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am with writing it.

Make sure you don't forget to comment and vote if you like this chapter. I would love to hear your opinions or thoughts on what you think of the story so far, so come talk to me anytime.

Have a lovely day and thank you so much for reading and stay tuned for more!

Be Unique. Always.

~ Lorraine :)
Tumblr: officially-uniquee89

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.6K 2.1K 24
School starts up again and Camila, Dinah, Ally, and Normani are four best friends. They meet a new girl Lauren Jauregui and Camila really thinks she'...
92.3K 1.9K 38
Title says it all. Enjoy!
240K 5.9K 27
CAMILA/YOU you helped me survive hell... WARNING: CRINGEEE i wrote this almost a decade ago so ..
28.8K 522 5
Camila is one of the world's most sought after models and singers. Her beauty and versatile talents has paved a luxurious way to fame, fortune, and a...