Alia's Lullaby (A Harry Potte...

By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Alia Black was a simple girl. Quite beautiful really, and definitely radiant for thirty four. But not many pe... More

Alia's Lullaby (A Harry Potter Fanfic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
The End

Chapter 5

5.3K 171 15
By hogwarts-is-my-home8

- Elenie -

'Dear Diary,

Today it is my third month back at Hogwarts, meaning it's nearly Christmas! I know this may seem weird to you, but I've noticed a change in Sirius Black. It's happened ever since he split up with my cousin Hannah, they only dated for a week. Ha, me and Marlene tried to tell her! Anyway, he almost seems to have settled down. He's more like my friend than a flirt now. It seems as if Lily's finally given into James too, they are now dating, and I must admit, they are pretty cute. It came out that James had in fact been in love with Lily since second year like I said. Wow.

Also, Mother sent me a letter this morning, she told me about the Blacks. I never knew that they were sworn enemies with my family. If Mother knew that I was actually friends with a Black, she'd kill me. But who cares what she thinks, if I want to be friends with a Black, I will be friends with a Black.

I never really got why my family hated the Blacks so much, me, Belle, Hannah and Marlene never got told the story. It just seems so strange. Anyway, I'm off to find Lily, as it's about time we got revising for our upcoming charms exam.

Write to you soon,

Alia Evelyn McKinnon'

Elenie closed the cover of Alia's diary and smiled, setting it down beside her. She was beginning to learn so much from the diary; it had told her all about her Dad, James, Lily and her Mother's family. Her Mother had never even told her that she had an Aunt!

"El, what are you reading?" Harry asked from where he was sat on the sofa across from her. 

"Oh, it's my Mother's old diary. It was written in her seventh year at Hogwarts. She gave it to me at the start of the year." Eleanie smiled.

"Oh, is it interesting?" Harry asked, setting down his Charm's book. 

"It's so interesting it has loads in. There's stuff about your Mum and Dad in here too Harry." Elenie told him, not thinking about what she had said. 

"Can I read it? Just to learn a bit about Mum and Dad?" Harry asked looking hopeful. Elenie's eye's widened at his words; if he read this he'd know everything about Elenie and Alia's true identity. 

"I'm sorry Harry, but Mum said I can't let anyone else read it. It's got some of her secrets in that she only wants to share with me." Elenie lied, quickly throwing him off.

"Oh ok." Harry said trying to hide his disappointment by picking up his charms book again. Elenie immediately felt guilty as she watched Harry read his book for a while. Suddenly she had an idea. She quickly flicked through the pages and found something that she could read to Harry.

"I'll read some of it to you instead." Elenie told him. He quickly put his book down and gestured for her to read.

"Dear Diary,

Today me and Lily have been doing so much revision ready for our Divination exam, sometimes I wish I never took that damn subject. We then went down to sit near the Black Lake, and we began to talk about our future. We talked weddings and baby names. For a girl, Lily wanted either Olivia or Emily, and for a boy Harry. My favourite names for a girl are Megan or Rosie, for a boy I like Callum.

It's so strange to think that in a couple of years, we could actually be naming our children. Lily's certain that she's going to stay with James for the rest of her life now. She says she wanders why she could never see it before. Personally, I think it was because she hated the Marauders as much as I did. But now, I've changed my mind. They seem ok I suppose, now that we're friends, they don't really test out their pranks on us anymore.

Write in you soon,

Alia Evelyn McKinnon"

"Once they were thinking of names to name us, and my Mum did actually name me Harry. I wonder how your mum picked Elenor then! Thank you so much Ellie it really means the world to me." Harry smiled. 

"It's okay." Elenie smiled, setting her Mother's diary down beside her.

"El, why do they call you Elenie instead of Elenor?" Harry asked suddenly. Of course now Elenie knew the answer to this after the conversation with her Mum a few months ago but she couldn't tell Harry. 

"I don't know, I just remember being called that whilst I grew up, both Uncle Remus and Mum called me Elenie, so I've just been known as Elenie all my life. Not many people know that I'm actually called Elenor." Elenie lied. She was becoming too good at this.

"It's nice though that you can pick and choose." Harry laughed a little.

"I suppose so. I'm Elenie to everyone I know, i'm El to you, Ron and Hermione. You are the only one that's allowed to call me Ellie cause you're basically my brother. " Elenie shrugged. 

"The only reason I call you Ellie is because I forgot you said Elenie when we first met." Harry laughed. 

"Oh I know, but I think Ellie stuck." Elenie laughed.

"Ellie suits you." Harry shrugged.

"Thanks." Elenie told him. 

Her attention was quickly diverted away from the conversation when the Portrait Hole opened and in walked Fred Weasley, Lee Jordan and George Weasley. Ever since Elenie had met George Weasley she fell head over heels for him; she just couldn't help herself. When he was around all confidence was lost and her leg's turned to jelly.

"Elenie are you listening to me?" Harry quickly moved her attention back to him, an amused look on his face. 

"Yes sorry! What were you saying?" Elenie blushed a little, giving Harry her full attention. 

"Ellie you're so obvious." Harry rolled his eyes at her.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean brother." Elenie began to blush again. She quickly stuffed Alia's diary into her bag. This was becoming way too embarrassing. 

"I'm sure you do know what I mean sister." Harry smirked, looking over at George.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Elenie huffed, sitting back in her chair.

"I know you well enough to know that you've got a thing for George Ellie." Harry grinned. 

"I do not!" Elenie protested. 

"If you say so." Harry sat back in his chair with a smug grin on his face.

"I think i'm going to bed, night Harry see you in the morning." Elenie quickly jumped to her feet. This was getting worse by the minute.

"Night Ellie." Harry grinned, watching as she walked away from him. 

Elenie quickly rushed away in the direction of the stairs leading to the girl's dormitory when she suddenly felt herself flying through the air and into a strong pair of arms. 

"Are you okay Elenie?" George Weasley's voice spoke in Elenie's ear causing shivers to travel all the way down her spine. She quickly jumped up, aware that her face was as red as a tomato.

"Sorry George, yes i'm fine thank you." Elenie managed to splutter out a coherent sentence and quickly rushed up the stairs; but not before she took a glance back at Harry who was laughing with a smug grin on his face.

Why was it always her?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Alia -

"ALIA! WAKE UP!" Alia's eye's shot open to the sound of Remus' frantic voice.

"What's wrong Remus, has something happened? Is it Elenie or Harry?!" Alia shot out of bed and threw on her night gown, quickly following Remus.

"He's been seen in the castle again Alia! Sirius! Apparently he was stood over Ronald Weasley's bed with a knife in his hand! He was in Harry's dormitory!" Remus told her as they quickly walked towards Gryffindor tower.

"Professor, is everything ok now?" Alia asked Professor McGonagall as they entered the common room where the whole house was sat around looking scared for their lives. 

"Yes, yes, Mr Weasley and Mr Potter are with the headmaster at the moment." She replied.

"And Elenie?" Alia asked worriedly. McGonagall pointed over to where Elenie was sat with Hermione in the corner. She quickly rushed over.

"Elenie, are you ok?" Alia asked, looking at her daughter worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine mum." Eleanie reassured her.

"Ok." Alia smiled at her daughter, not wanting to give too much away as Hermione was there.

"Mum, Hermione knows." Elenie sighed. Alia turned around, her eye's wide with shock as she looked between Elenie and Hermione.

"Elenor, I thought I told you not to-" Alia started.

"She guessed mum, she's my best friend. She swears she won't tell anyone though, don't you Mione?" Elenie smiled.

"Of course not Professor, I wouldn't dare." Hermione reassured Alia.

"Hermione, please call me Alia, Professor makes me sound old." Alia laughed.

"Ok." Hermione nodded with a smile.

"Well I'm heading back to bed now El, I'll see you tomorrow." Alia told her.

"Bye mum." Elenie gave her a small wave.

"Bye Alia!" Hermione smiled.

The next morning Alia sat down at her desk with an empty quill and parchment and slowly wrote her sister's name on the top of the page. Alia hadn't spoke to her sister Annabelle since Alia had left home at the age of seventeen, her parent's not agreeing to her relationship with Sirius. Alia and Belle had been so close but then drifted apart due to her parent's. She so desperately wanted to see her again. 

She had finally found the perfect way to contact her again. Alia had been going through the register of a first year class a few days ago when she came across the name Emily McKinnon. Alia quickly went straight to Dumbledore and asked what relation Emily was to her. She had turned out to be Alia's niece, Belle's daughter. 

Alia had formed a plan to give the letter to Emily to send to her Mother and when Belle finally figured out it was her, she'd hopefully respond. Alia couldn't wait to see her, that's if she wanted to see Alia.

Later that day, Alia walked to the Great Hall with the letter in her hand and headed towards the Ravenclaw table where she had been sorted. Just like her Mother. It read:

Dear Miss Annabelle McKinnon,

Dearest Belle,  I can't believe I've finally found how to contact you again! Dumbledore informed me that your daughter was at Hogwarts and I can't describe how happy I was to hear that I could contact you again, and to know that I had a niece! 

I hope that you alright and that you're well. I hope to hear from you very soon. I've missed you so much.

Please write back to me as soon as possible, I just want to know that you're alright Belle.

Your sister,
Alia Black/Lupin 

"Excuse me, could you tell me who Emily McKinnon is please?" Alia asked a random Ravenclaw girl.

"Of course Professor, she's the girl with the blonde hair right down at the front." The girl smiled.

"Thank you." Alia smiled. Alia could see Emily's face from where she was stood, she looked so much like Belle. It was almost as if she was seeing the teenage version of Annabelle McKinnon once again. She made her way towards her niece, a small smile on her face. 

"Excuse me dear, are you Emily McKinnon?" Alia asked the girl.

"Yes, that's me Professor." She beamed.

"I was wandering if you would kindly send this letter to your Mother for me. You mustn't read it though. I promise you're not in trouble, I'm just catching up with her, you see I knew your Mother whilst I was at school." Alia smiled.

"Of course Professor!" Emily smiled.

"Thank you dear, would you kindly bring the reply back to the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom please and either give it to Professor Lupin or myself." Alia smiled.

"Yes Professor, I'll send it right away!" Emily smiled, getting up and walking from the a Great Hall. Alia smiled. This was one step closer to getting some of her family back.

**********************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
25.4K 644 35
This story is currently being edited and the new version will be posted on AO3 when it is complete x For 12 years she believed her parents to have be...
706K 19.2K 132
No one knows the truth about what happened that night. The night Harry Potter lost his parents and became The Chosen One, was also the night that Si...
113K 4.6K 87
Y/n is the daughter of Sirius and Monica Black. Sirius was sent to Azkaban for being accused for murder and your mother Monica Black who disappeared...