Alia's Lullaby (A Harry Potter Fanfic)

Prologue:

"Alia, take El and run! I'll hold them off!" Sirius shouted from their bedroom next door.

"No Sirius, I can't leave you." Alia cried, picking up her baby daughter, Eleanor and heading to where Sirius was.

"Please Ally, I want you both safe! I can't have anything happen to you both! It's bad enough that James and Lily are dead!" Sirius cried, embracing his wife and daughter.

"Sirius, please come with-" Alia started.

"It's too risky Ally, they'll follow me to headquarters. Go there and tell Dumbledore what's happened!" Sirius cried.

"Sirius, I love you." Alia sobbed into her husband's chest.

"And I love you and Eleanor also. Please go Alia, I'll follow you later." Sirius said, giving his wife and daughter a final kiss before bounding down the stairs. Alia took a deep breath and apparated out of their home and to the head quarters for the Order of the Phoenix.

"Alia, is that you, what happened?" Dumbledore walked into the room that Alia had apparated into and asked her questions.

"Sirius, death-eaters, please help him!" Alia cried.

"Of course Alia, meanwhile take care of Eleanor and Harry, he's in the other room in a cot. He's in quite a state really." Dumbledore grimaced before apparating away.

Alia sat down next to baby Harry Potter's cot and lifted him out placing Eleanor in one arm, and Harry in the other.

About an hour later, Dumbledore returned with Remus Lupin, one of Alia and Sirius' good friends.

"What happened, where's Sirius?" Alia cried.

"Alia, we're sorry, there's no easy way to put this, but we think Sirius has gone mad. He killed a whole street of muggles Alia, he's been taken to Azkaban." Remus sighed comforting Alia. Remus had always liked Alia McKinnon since they were at school, she was quite sensible, a lot like her bestfriend Lily, and always kept the Marauders in tow. He had been in love with her ever since, then she married his best friend, Sirius Black. That was when he knew that he had no hope.

"Alia, I'm afraid you and Eleanor will also have to change your last names. If your last name remains Black, you both will forever be shamed." Dumbledore said, rubbing his thumb over baby Harry's cheek.

"But what shall we change it too?! My family don't want me anymore! They disowned me!" Alia cried. She felt like she had no one in the world except her little baby Eleanor.

"If you live with me Alia, why don't you change it to Lupin? Not permanently, but just so everybody knows your not a Black?" Remus asked.

"Oh thank you Remus! I know Sirius would be glad that you're taking care of me and Eleanor!" Alia cried, hugging Remus again. "Albus, who will look after baby Harry, I mean I am his godmother, I can take care of-"

"I'm afraid I can't put that burden on you Alia. Anyway, it is too risky! There's not a witch or wizard in this world that won't know his name. I'm afraid I shall have to send him to Vernon and Petunia Dursley." Dumbledore sighed.

"Lily's sister? But she's a muggle, anyhow, she hated James and Lily, there's no way they'd take him in." Alia cried. She didn't want to say good bye to her godson.

"I'm sorry Alia, it's what must be done. I shall take him now, say your goodbyes to Harry for now Remus and Alia." Dumbledore smiled.

Alia picked up baby Harry.

"Goodbye for now Harry. I know I'll see you again someday. Remember that your god-mother loves you very much." Alia kissed his tiny head and a tear fell down on to Harry's cheek.

"Good bye for now. Harry Potter." Remus smiled.

Remus and Alia watched with baby Eleanor as Dumbledore disappeared with a click after placing Harry in the side car of Hagrid's motorcycle that used to be Sirius'.

Alia watched until they were no more. She knew she'd see him again someday. Someday soon.