Chapter 1

- Alia -

"Elenie come on we're going to be late!" Alia Black/ Lupin called to her thirteen year old daughter.

"I'm coming! Just wait a moment!" She called back. Alia loved her daughter very much, but at times, she did her absolute head in.

"Elenie come on, listen to your mother, we're going to be late!" Remus Lupin called up the stairs. Suddenly a thump could be heard from the staircase as Elenie heaved her trunk down the steps.

"Alright! Alright I'm here! Jeez!" Elenie cried, pulling on her brown brogues and tying them quickly. 

"Don't you jeez me young lady, we only have about half an hour to get to Kings Cross now!" Alia huffed. Elenie was beginning her third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and Alia couldn't help but notice that the older she got, the more she became like her father. She had inherited his attitude and rebellious nature.

Remus stepped into the car first, followed by Alia in the front seat and Elenie in the back seat. Remus and Alia had both decided to learn how to drive a car because they lived in a muggle/wizarding area, just on the outskirts of Godrics Hollow. Remus drove quickly to Kings Cross station, with about fifteen minutes to spare until the Hogwarts Express left Platform nine and three quarters. This year Alia would be leaving Platform nine and three quarters alone as Remus was going to teach Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts this year.

They quickly ran at the wall that lead to Platform nine and three quarters and set off to find the Weasley's.

"Ah! Remus, Alia, Elenie! It's lovely to see you!" Mrs Weasley called from further down the Platform.

"Hello Molly, Arthur, children." Alia smiled, giving Molly a hug. She watched as the children got on to the train. She suddenly noticed a mop familiar black hair from afar.

"Harry James Potter! I hope you didn't think you were getting away without saying goodbye to your godmother!" Alia shouted across the Platform, heading towards him. His head whipped around and he smiled when he saw her.

"Of course not Alia, I didn't know you were here!" Harry smiled, giving his godmother a hug.

"Oh bye then mum, I see how it is." Elenie huffed jokingly.

"Stop being so sarcastic." Alia rolled her eye's at her daughter.

"Bye mum, I'll write to you!" Elenie yelled out of the compartment window.

"Me too Alia!" Harry called.

"You better do!" Alia cried.

"I'll see you soon Lia. I'll write to you." Remus smiled, pulling her into a hug before boarding the train. She waved at her child and god-son and walked off of the Platform with Arthur and Molly until something caught her eye. It was the latest version of the Daily Prophet.

"Alia, are you alright, what's wrong?" Molly rushed to her. Alia had stopped, frozen as she read the article, her hand shaking as she read the words on the page, the picture staring out at her caused her head to spin.

"I-I can't believe it..." Alia stuttered, looking down at the paper in disbelief. 

"Let's not stay here, we'll go back to the Burrow and have a cup of tea." Molly told her, looking warily at the people around who were starting to give Alia strange looks. 

"Thank you Molly." Alia nodded once and let Molly steer her through the station towards their car. 

Alia sat down in her car, staring down at the steering wheel as she started the car. So many questions were swirling round in her head; how could this have happened? Why would he do such a thing? Had azkaban finally got to him and was he out of his mind?