Chapter 5

- Elenie -

'Dear Diary,

Today it is my third month back at Hogwarts, meaning it's nearly Christmas! I know this may seem weird to you, but I've noticed a change in Sirius Black. It's happened ever since he split up with my cousin Hannah, they only dated for a week. Ha, me and Marlene tried to tell her! Anyway, he almost seems to have settled down. He's more like my friend than a flirt now. It seems as if Lily's finally given into James too, they are now dating, and I must admit, they are pretty cute. It came out that James had in fact been in love with Lily since second year like I said. Wow.

Also, Mother sent me a letter this morning, she told me about the Blacks. I never knew that they were sworn enemies with my family. If Mother knew that I was actually friends with a Black, she'd kill me. But who cares what she thinks, if I want to be friends with a Black, I will be friends with a Black.

I never really got why my family hated the Blacks so much, me, Belle, Hannah and Marlene never got told the story. It just seems so strange. Anyway, I'm off to find Lily, as it's about time we got revising for our upcoming charms exam.

Write to you soon,

Alia Evelyn McKinnon'

Elenie closed the cover of Alia's diary and smiled, setting it down beside her. She was beginning to learn so much from the diary; it had told her all about her Dad, James, Lily and her Mother's family. Her Mother had never even told her that she had an Aunt!

"El, what are you reading?" Harry asked from where he was sat on the sofa across from her. 

"Oh, it's my Mother's old diary. It was written in her seventh year at Hogwarts. She gave it to me at the start of the year." Eleanie smiled.

"Oh, is it interesting?" Harry asked, setting down his Charm's book. 

"It's so interesting it has loads in. There's stuff about your Mum and Dad in here too Harry." Elenie told him, not thinking about what she had said. 

"Can I read it? Just to learn a bit about Mum and Dad?" Harry asked looking hopeful. Elenie's eye's widened at his words; if he read this he'd know everything about Elenie and Alia's true identity. 

"I'm sorry Harry, but Mum said I can't let anyone else read it. It's got some of her secrets in that she only wants to share with me." Elenie lied, quickly throwing him off.

"Oh ok." Harry said trying to hide his disappointment by picking up his charms book again. Elenie immediately felt guilty as she watched Harry read his book for a while. Suddenly she had an idea. She quickly flicked through the pages and found something that she could read to Harry.

"I'll read some of it to you instead." Elenie told him. He quickly put his book down and gestured for her to read.

"Dear Diary,

Today me and Lily have been doing so much revision ready for our Divination exam, sometimes I wish I never took that damn subject. We then went down to sit near the Black Lake, and we began to talk about our future. We talked weddings and baby names. For a girl, Lily wanted either Olivia or Emily, and for a boy Harry. My favourite names for a girl are Megan or Rosie, for a boy I like Callum.

It's so strange to think that in a couple of years, we could actually be naming our children. Lily's certain that she's going to stay with James for the rest of her life now. She says she wanders why she could never see it before. Personally, I think it was because she hated the Marauders as much as I did. But now, I've changed my mind. They seem ok I suppose, now that we're friends, they don't really test out their pranks on us anymore.